[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ I had to hide my power level today. I was bullshitting with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

/k/ I had to hide my power level today.

I was bullshitting with my coworker today and we got on the discussion of guns. I started telling him about all the parts I want for my AR.

The second I mentioned a red dot sight he got all piss and started going on that red dots aren't useful at all, that they're literally for Call of Duty wannabe's and that iron sights are much better, etc...

I explained to him the use of a red dot and the fact that our militart uses optics on their firearms.

He completely discredited it and said that the average soldier in any branch uses iron sights in combat. He proceeded to tell me what a fucking idiot I was and that I didn't know what I was talking about.

He literally said red dots have absolutely no use and was created specifically for wannabe's and airsofters.......

I literally had to walk away, I was so lived. Jesus, do these people exist?

>mfw
>>
>>32460491
Don't mind my horrible typos and autocorrect
>>
>>32460491
You're now his little bitch
>>
>>32460554
Nah son. I fought back, but he wasn't listening at all. He being a snob, I'll just prove it to him on the range.
>>
>>32460491
Honestly you can aim a lot better with irons but you can aim a lot quicker with red dots. If you took him to a range he'd probably complain that it wasn't accurate, and it's not like you could just drop him into a tacticool situation. So you're fucked.
>>
>>32460604

This person knows next to nothing about shooting.
>>
>>32460604
Eh, it depends. I can have a 6 shot group 2 inchs apart before he gets a 3 shot group 1 inch apart. Either way, my targets down first before his. He would probably just whine though. It just baffles me that he said red dots have no use. It really baffled me that he said our military doesn't use optics........ literally every rifle has an optic...
>>
>>32460491
Just build what you want to build. I prefer iron sights on my guns. However, I have been known to throw a red dot on an ar. Hell once one was a cheap Chinese. It worked. It held up. That's fine in my book.

The only logical argument for iron sights in a shtf scenario is not having batteries when you need them or your sight gets damaged. It's all hypothetical shit, op.
>>
>>32460643

No, every rifle does not literally have an optic. He's not so far off about this. A huge portion of the military is support oriented and a huge portion of those guys do not have optics.

Not because of the effectiveness of irons, though. Moreover because why would you shell the shekels for some 27D to have an optic?
>>
>>32460777
But either way, red dots generally are better in combat due to its quicker engagement. I mean I'm definitely throwing a red dot on mine. Iron sights are great and all, but to say red dots have no use..... like c'mon.
>>
>>32460796
Well of course I'm talking about infantry, not some shit office worker. You know, the military side of the military lmao.
>>
you can't convince anyone ever that they are ever wrong, so just avoid it.
>>
>>32460796

I was in a reserve Transportation unit, and even every single one of us had optics.
>>
>>32460836

Ah, cool. I guess we won't be needing any bullets, beans and bandages.

>tfw an 88M I know has done more shit innaArmy than I have

>>32460859

Good for you? We trained alongside a trans unit that had only folding rear irons.

Most Air Force and Navy units are lacking in optics. As is a huge portion of the military.

What still holds true here is that not every rifle has an optic on it.
>>
File: 1477064383201.jpg (41KB, 386x332px) Image search: [Google]
1477064383201.jpg
41KB, 386x332px
>>32460913
What, are you not operator enough to bandage yourself using a leaf and a piece of vine and bullets out of the bones of animals?

Pathetic.
>>
>>32460913
Every rifle that matters has an optic.
>>
>>32460956

Not quite, but I'd like to be.

>>32460962

While that is *generally* true, you're the one that said 'literally' and words have meaning.
>>
>>32460913

This

>>32460962

If you deploy, you get an optic. Period. OP's office worker friend is a retard, no one in the military views optics as some useless piece of shit, they're great unless you get some fucked up one.
>>
>>32460643
Navyfag here, our main armory on our ship houses all of the standard small arms you would come to expect. None of which have optics. The VBSS and reactionary force guys have optics, but by and large non-infantry units don't get red dots. Practical marksmanship is best left to iron sights and traditional optics. However in a dynamic combat situation red dots are great. Every technology has strengths and weaknesses, don't allow your ego to cloud your judgement.
>>
>>32461012
I literally shagged your mom
>>
>>32461015

These guys are technically deployed.
>>
>>32460491
>created specifically for wannabe's and airsofters
Who are people supposed to be "wanna-being" if he claims the military only uses irons?
>>
>>32461046

Well, I don't know my dad and he was a spooky opr8r, so you could have.
>>
File: 1474691244555.png (48KB, 215x200px) Image search: [Google]
1474691244555.png
48KB, 215x200px
>>32461052
This
>>
Ooooooookay... pedantry aside, when you deploy to a combat zone.

Christ on sale, the autism really comes out at night...
>>
>>32461046
Is the basis of your thought-process so vulnerable that you've already stooped to such a low response? Grow up
>>
>>32461087
No, but I probably shagged your mom as well.
>>
>talking to person
>they disagree with me

"Sure, anyway like I was saying..."
>>
>>32461078

Wasn't there just an AF guy posting like a few months ago about his M16A2 he had with him in Afghanistan (where he had just returned from).

You can move the goalposts, but I'm drunk and bored and not married. You have my full attention and I will do my best to shit this up.
>>
>>32460491
He was clearly a six team delta ranger, you should respect his overboard knowledge.
>>
>>32460491
yes red dots are issued as the CCO or close combat optic, they are shit, in my unit everyone who shoots expert either fires ACOG or iron, the best red dot shooter doesn't get better than 31/40. they are meant for urban warfare and CQB anything at distance is a waste of ammo.
>>
File: 10392199_677819662176_6666379_n.jpg (47KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
10392199_677819662176_6666379_n.jpg
47KB, 453x604px
>>32461124

Funny actually, I had an M16A2 while I was deployed too. You literally have to have an optic, they'll force that bullshit on there. Pic related, my gear while deployed
>>
>>32460604
>You can aim a lot better with irons

Have you ever fired a gun anon?
>>
GTO was such a great show
>>
>>32461332
T-t-t-teeeeeaaacher!!!
>>
>>32461222

We're both coming from an Army perspective.

There are other branches that do it differently than we do.

I'm just arguing for the sake of it. I'm drunk on a Tuesday night and my heart and head are all jacked up.

ARNORTH here.
>>
>>32461432

I gotcha buddy. I'm drinking too, just started though. GF is in her home town for the holidays, I'm bored at home with the pets. Gonna get a Cuba Libre after I finish this stout.
>>
>>32460491
>bak in my day we used irun sights
>>
>>32460491

>using a red dot sight and claiming you arent a cod impersonator unironically

You are the faggot. Red dot sights on anything but a pistol is a clear indication of RETARD! You aren't slaying any bodies and you never will, least of all with some meme rifle with a meme sight.
>>
>>32461448

I'm most of the way through the bottle of Old Crow. Can I ask you a question, fellow soldier?
>>
>>32461464

Yeah dude, what's up?
>>
>>32461470

So, what if a long time ago, almost two years ago you met a chick in AIT who you made fast friends with. And you were stationed relatively close and visited from time to time. And you both came to like each other the way adults do. And then she drove 550 miles from where she was on leave to visit you, also on leave?

She hasn't dated since we met because she's crazy about me. And to he honest, I'm crazy about her, but I swore to never date something in uniform.

Drunk
>>
File: 1480804024837.jpg (108KB, 498x670px) Image search: [Google]
1480804024837.jpg
108KB, 498x670px
I can hit targets with my ~50 year old Marlin 336 on its iron sights at ~100 yards. Dead accurate.

I have used red dots on an AR and Vector at a gun show, they were both deadly accurate too.

As long as the irons or optics are properly zeroed in, is there really a difference in terms of accuracy? It's more just more field of view and faster target acquisition and stuff like that isn't it? Optics obscure more of your vision but are easier, whereas iron sights you can see more but it's, "harder" to line up shots.
>>
>>32461478

Eh, I'd just do the deed and see how you feel afterwards. I didn't date while in either, nor would I EVER touch something that's worn the uniform. But in your case, just hit it and see if you still feel the same way after.
>>
>>32461482

I don't know. I'm sure you've heard it a thousand times, but she's not like the rest. She's awkward. She's an artist, she paints such lovely pictures. She likes it when I male music and write. And she's cute. She drove 550 miles and stayed with my family and I for a bit just to hang. Presented every opportunity for the you-know-what. I just couldn't bring myself.

Only one way to know.
>>
>>32461497

Oh so she's already gone? Damn. Well is she still in?
>>
>>32461462
Nice bait
>>
>>32461523

Yeah, she went to go have two more days with her folks. We're both still in and our contracts end closely.

She keeps saying stuff like "one day I wanna see you and not miss you again"

I've never felt so mixed up. Despite me being a poon-hound, we still call almost every night.
>>
>>32461542

Well sometimes the heart can't be denied. Can't deny the way you feel. You're an 88M?
>>
>>32461583

Nah. I'm an Intel douche.
>>
>>32461592

Ah, no wonder you couldn't plow her. Jokes aside, I wouldn't be too worried. I doubt the artsy chick that likes you is out banging 20 dudes a night, I know those chicks when they were in.
>>
>>32461611

Right? I've had a dozen partners since we met and she's had none.

And yeah, it's no joke, we're dome weird fucks. That's why I spent an hour bantering with you over meaningless shit. Just because I saw an opportunity.

Idk, man. And do I need to know? Life is largely our imagination anyway. It'll cone to a head or it won't. Wouldn't be the first dead-end I've hit.
>>
File: 1476322866674.jpg (10KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1476322866674.jpg
10KB, 250x238px
>>32460604
>>
>>32461634

No worries man. I'm drinking that Cuba Libre. Almost done with college, don't know what to do afterwards lol. At least my gf is rich.
>>
>>32460491
I'm kinda with him. The only optic I didn't hate is the RCO on my service rifle.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.