[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assuming that you're American, are there any country that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 31

File: 1467000834979.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1467000834979.webm
3MB, 720x404px
Assuming that you're American, are there any country that you respect its military?
>>
>>32459056
Egypt
They're special forces are deadly
>>
Honestly, doesnt the US have one of the worlds least cost effective armed forces?

Especially the Army and Marines, I would assume that the Air Force and Navy does better
>>
>>32459113
you would be wrong. the marines is by far the cheapest branch to run. they are the smallest branch, and the basically operate with hand me down equipment from the other branches.
>>
>>32459056
Russia, they at least make most of their shit, and Israel. China I respect the least because they steal everything...
>>
>>32459113
Actually the truth is the complete opposite of what you posted. The Air Force is by far the least cost effective and the most wasteful.

>>32459056
Poland

>>32459063
Egypt is fucking shit. All arab countries military's are dog shit, Egypt is just the best of the dog shit.
>>
>>32459113
Maybe, but people liking it or not, they're miles ahead of the rest.
>>
>>32459147
Definitely Israel.
>INB4 anti Israel shills start shitposting arab propaganda
>>
>>32459063
Found the kebab.
>>
File: gurkhas.jpg (53KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
gurkhas.jpg
53KB, 750x400px
From what I've heard, I wouldn't want to fuck with the Gurkhas
>>
The Brits are the top of my list. They've had a truly professional military longer than just about anybody. They wrote the book on OPERATING. They seem competent and well-trained. Plus everything sounds cool in their accents.

Next up, probably the French, mostly because of the fact that they're the only ones outside America to have a CATOBAR CVN. They've also acquitted themselves decently in the conflicts they've been involved in since WWII. (They've had shitshows, but so have we.)

Also Sweden. I don't know a lot about their military itself, but I'm very impressed with their arms industry. It's pretty amazing that a country that small is so competitive.

If we're talking about historical stuff, the Finns were badass in WWII.
>>
>>32459161
>>32459147
It's easier when your sugar daddy is the US but yeah the seem to have their shit together.
>>
>>32459180
Yah, I would prefer my testicles firmly attached to my body.
>>
>>32459194
This is why I didn't mention Israel.

I support them and the IDF is hardcore, but so much of that is due to our aid that I think they have an unfair advantage.
>>
>>32459193
>Also Sweden. I don't know a lot about their military itself, but I'm very impressed with their arms industry. It's pretty amazing that a country that small is so competitive.

Find something you're good at, then get better.
>>
The French military. Not even memeing.
>>
>>32459180
They can't run for shit that's why they're good at standing their ground.
>>
>>32459149
>Poland
Isn't their gear mostly outdated shit?
>>
>>32459056

former fort hood guy here

can confirm some foreign troops who dont speak english that well will speed through the gate if you ask them for ID because they figured out its too much of a hassle for us to call it up

can confirm that ROK army as pictured in webm is the real deal though, they're certainly one of the more disciplined military units

for reference my uncle was an ROK NCO in the late 70s' and he has many a story of bamboo caning anyone that got out of line, which i believe is still a punishment used today
>>
Brits, Sorks, isreal, and finally france.

Das it mayne.
>>
>>32459063

I like what you did there. The others were autistic about but I like what you did.
>>
>>32459056
>choreographed knife practice
real impressive
>>
>>32459306
>can confirm some foreign troops who dont speak english that well will speed through the gate if you ask them for ID because they figured out its too much of a hassle for us to call it up

Jesus what happens to them?
>>
>>32459144
Looked things up, you are right, the Army gets 31% of funding and maintains roghly 20 divisions.

The USMC gets 6% of funds and maintains 4 divisions.

Yes, I know there is more to it but still

>The Marine Corps accounts for around six percent of the military budget of the United States. The cost per Marine is $20,000 less than the cost of a serviceman from the other service

>>32459149
>The Air Force is by far the least cost effective and the most wasteful.

Care to elaborate? After all the whole doctrine of the US is massive air superiority

>>32459156
Sure, they are better, but say that a US infantry platoon costs 5 times as much as a German infantry platoon, are they five times as good as the krauts?
>>
>>32459372
>Idon'tknowhowpeoplepracticemartialarts.jpg
>>
File: tumblr_ngeoszrShX1suctpao6_1280.jpg (152KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngeoszrShX1suctpao6_1280.jpg
152KB, 1080x720px
>>32459180

Highly, HIGHLY overrated according to our resident ex-SAS oldfag.
>>
>>32459193
Swede here, when it comes to quality its top of the line, but quantity is slashed to a retarded level ever since the cold war ended.

>tfw we had the worlds 4th largest air force in the 60s (And it consisted of some of the worlds best aircraft)
>>
>>32459063
kek
>>
>>32459405
they aren't practicing how to attack with/defend against a knife,
there is no defending from a knife attack at that range,

knife attacks are very different than what's in that webm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYwd0Wus5Ik
>>
>>32459440
I find myself wanting to ejaculate on her uvula if you take my meaning.
>>
>>32459220
FFL is tops
>>
>>32459381
Nothing. That's the joke, politicians won't let anyone fuck up the rainbow coalition of best friends fucking up the middle east together. Both sides could walk all over the other and as long as no one fired shots or endangered life all was good.
>>
>>32459440
If he's ex sas he's probably a bitter old man desu
>>
>>32459056
OK Faggot I have operated with some guys and this is what I think.

>Brits. Class act. Good/Great equipment, good soldier, very good officers.
>Aussies. Very competent. Mainly US equipment, and its good. Very Good Soldiers, Good/Very Good Officers.
>Kiwis. Very Competent. Mostly shit equipment. Very Good Soldiers/Very Good Officers.
>Norgies/Finns. Very Competent. First rate gear. Mixed bag with soldiers, some outstanding, some average. Very capable Officers.
>Ze Germans. Average. First rate gear. Average Soldiers, Average officers ( who cant shit unless they get the OK from Berlin)
>Frenchies. Good. Poor/Ok Gear , usually good soldiers, usually good Officers.
>Israelies. To quote a Colonel:" First rate gear, Second rate Officers, Third rate soldiers".
>Japan. Hard to say, gear seems OK, soldiers seem OK, officers seem competant.
>Pakistan/Bangladesh/India: Literally a joke. Laughably shit. Direct Quote:" So, Capt OP, how do you stop your soldiers having sex with each other".

I can give more examples if you want.
>>
>>32459513
>I can give more examples if you want.

Go ahead
>>
>>32459056

Frogs and Israeli's. Mainly the full-time, career soldiers in the IDF, not the conscripts who are doing their 2 years and leaving.

Frogs for the FFL of course.

Russia gets an honorable mention, but then I respect their entire country, culture, and history.
>>
Germany's army went to shit after the NVA got abolished.
The Bundeswehr didn't have shit to begin with, because the BRD would have been the first country to be glassed anyways. No ammo, not enough weapons and most of the soldiers went home on the weekends, while the well equipped NVA soldiers waited at the border 24/7 ready for action.

Today Germany is not needed for anything else than reconnaissance and black ops.

The arms sector still is extremely strong and most efficient though.
>>
File: 1481769332513.png (506KB, 1211x925px) Image search: [Google]
1481769332513.png
506KB, 1211x925px
>>32459513
Anglosphere joint kebab removal task force when
>>
Has an Aussie serviceman ever called you a cunt?
>>
>>32459056
yea. The foreign legion is pretty crazy with the things they do. Britain does some of its part. Canada is pretty respectable imo. theres others. I wouldnt wanna fuck with russia or china but for different reasons.
>>
>>32459544
NVA conscripts usually also had most weekends off.
>>
>>32459306
>>32459381

we just let them speed by because we dont feel like dealing with it

it's really not worth the time/effort to report them as it then creates unnecessary stupidity for the rest of a guard shift

only other interactions i've had with foreign troops are dudes that were former russia and former brazil military

the russian dude had scizhophrenia and im pretty sure the brazilian dude has jungle combat experience against the cartel so he was on some other PTSD shit
>>
>>32459574
>China
I just have zero respect for the Chinese armed forces, its not so much their equipment, discernible operation methods, its entirely because they have so little actual combat experience. Yeah the biggest powers haven't gone peer to peer in a long time, but even in asymmetrical warfare you gain some insight, and knowledge on your operational abilities that no amount of exercises and training can make up for.
>>
>>32459535
>Poles. I found competent. Gear a mixed bag. Good/Very Good soldiers. Officers at lower rank far better than seniors as Western Doctrine is used more.
>Latvians/Estonians. I rated these guys. Cant recall their gear. Good ( noticeably aggressive) Soldiers. Officers Average.
>Canuks. Solid. Mixed bag of gear. Soldiers OK. Good Officers.
>Anyone from Africa ( except SA). Laughable. Hopeless. Bad soldiers, worse officers.
>Afghan Army. Poor gear. Very brave soldiers, but not competent. Officers brave but incompetent.Struggle with basic concepts.
>Irish. Good Gear. Competent soldiers, competent officers. If they got over themselves and worked more with ANZUSUK they would be useful.

Overall, the Brits, Aussies, Kiwis and Canucks can always be counted on. The Scanda-hooligans, Poles and Frenchies I would also always trust to carry out a mission. I think we can add the Japanese to that as well. Everyone else, forget it.
>>
The thing with places like Australia is that there is a pretty limited amount of openings to become a rifleman, so the standard is higher from the start.
>>
>>32459513
>>32459664

Thanks!

What did you do that made you end up with this many different nationalities?
>>
>>32459056

whos gonna make the thread where the non-american soldiers pitch their ten cents on how they view americas military
>>
>>32459747
I worked at a high allied HQ in a Sandy place, and did a few UN missions which are really a good chance to see how other nations #operate.
>>
>>32459873
Sounds cool, US I assume?
>>
>>32459213
>Israel relies on American aid.

The only reason America tolerates Israel as a competitive arms dealer is because they buy American shit with american subsidies.
>>
>>32459056
Straya, Rusha, Dooshland's mechanized divisions, Brittania, Binland :DD, and that's about it.
>>
>>32459513
So are Anglos the true master race of fighting? It's in the fucking blood.
>>
>>32459513
>So, Capt OP, how do you stop your soldiers having sex with each other".

Protip: he was calling you gay.
>>
>>32459955

Yes. Anglos are fucking good at war. Read "Why the West has Won" by Victor Davis Hansen
>>
Russia, Israel, and Rwanda.
They're also the only militaries I respect. US military... bah. Used to mean something, only a few parts still do though.
>>
>>32459056
As I'm sure has been stated, Israel.
So what if we give them our sexy classified hardware, give them billions a year, and have abandoned them until Jan 20. There's something to be said for a nation that takes no shit.
>Hamas fires a $10 mortar round over the border
>1'x1' crater
>Scramble jets and demolish a whole city block
>Mobilize ground forces
>Laugh at UN sanctions

Israel is the sober friend who's ready to kick your enemy's teeth in at the slightest disrespect. They are our most successful proxy military campaign ever.
>>
>>32459056
The British and the NZ/Aus/Canada group, but mainly because the British know how to use their force much better. Its a side effect of their colonial experience im sure, but they know what battles to pick, when, and when to call it a day. Their nation-building record is great compared to ours; they have a lot of experience.

The French. memes aside, they are tough bastards to go to war with. Yeah, ww2 was a shitshow, but that has more to due with a catastrophically misfocused strategy. For all their work in Africa they really should get a gold star.

Vietnamese. Lets face it, they held up against the Japs, the French, the Americans, and the Chinese, all in a span of about 30 years. Good Game, Vietnam wins defense MVP of the century. yes there are political limitations to consider, but fuck if they werent tenacious.

Cuba. Look up their deployments to Africa. they couldnt ever stand up to us, but for an island they punch above their weight class, and i have to respect that.

Georgia. see the Georgian-russian war. they did a surprisingly good job, especially compared to "we will give up part of our nation without fighting" Ukraine. the writing was on the wall, but Georgia fought anyway.

South Africa (apartheid). Before it was neutered, South Africa had a dynamic and forceful military with innovation (up to virtually complete nuclear weapon program). Ultimately its death was political, not physical.

ISIS. what can i say, they managed to go from "Jay Vee" to "eclipsed al-qaeda" and have global reach and their own territory and government. Its impressive and terrible at once. but by god, they did it. it wont last long, but they are more competent than people give them credit for.

Kurds. lots can be written here.
>>
File: IMG_2888.jpg (93KB, 652x547px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2888.jpg
93KB, 652x547px
France, Israel, U.K., Germany, Russia.
Now I haven't served because still debating if I should but looking over the these militaries I don't see why people hate the French. Russians have had some bad experiences but are still ok
>>
>>32459056
North Korea.

To be at war with the greatest super power ever for 50 years with a bunch of peasants, you have to be doing something right.
>>
>>32460192
t. jew
>>
>>32460270
It helps when said superpower isn't actively fighting you since the 50s.

There's a reason North Korea doesn't actually do anything but posture and annoying ROK. It's because if the actually did anything, the US would hatefuck them in to oblivion, and China would let us, if they didn't do it themselves.
>>
>>32460270
>you have to be doing something right.

It's called nuclear deterrence
>>
>>32459928
Oh, and also the balkans. Not because they're especially powerful, or have the best gear, but because they got serious guts and know how to use them.
>>
>>32460270
Lol. We could park an LHD at the mouth of the Taedong River and take Pyongyang and sail the Pueblo home with no opposition. Everyone has just been afraid of angering China to do so. NK military is a joke and conservative estimates show NK completely militarily disbaled within 72 hours of the word to go.
>>
>>32460305
That's entirely false, I just love that they will protect their country at all costs, including mutual destruction.
>>
>>32460259
>NZ/Aus/Canada
How are they relevant? Specially NZ?
>>
>>32459056
I don't respect any of that knife fighting shit.
>>
>>32460356
Detected the arab
>>
>>32460192
>laugh at UN sanctions

not for long really, changing euro demographics are starting to challenge favorability ratings. and chimping out on Gaza hasnt helped either. the two-state solution is reaching a demographic impossibility, and sanctions outside the UN are perfectly allowed. the ATT could even prevent non-american arms deals from coming in, which could be an issue. young americans also arent as pro-israel as their parents or grand parents either. Israel uses extreme force as a deterrent, but unfortunately HAMAS and others have gotten used to it, and found workarounds. the israelis are at a dead end that way.

they may be successful, but the current status quo and modus operandii is NOT sustainable.
>>
>>32460356
Not him, but Australia has backed every major US was without being called upon. As well as participates in most international exercises.
>>
>>32460342
The fact is that only happens because of the US, like it or not. It's like fighting kids in thr kindergarten and having your high school brother backing you up.
>>
>>32460356
they directly contribute to British Commonwealth defense and intelligence. Like it or not, its fair to lump the lot of them together, since there is a lot of overlaps with one another. Commonwealth action can be viewed more as a team-effort than say French action; wherever the UK goes, the others generally follow.
>>
>>32460259
I'm sure South Africa during apartheid was better than its neighbors, but didn't they get btfo by Cuba?
>>
>>32460410
>wherever the UK goes, the others generally follow.
Like the little bitches that they're, even if the have nothing to gain.
>>
>>32460270
If someone invades nk they will just do what Belka did and nuke themselves to stop them from advancing
>>
>>32460393
its more like getting into a kindergarten fight while having your brother John Cena backing you up, who has an unlimited supply of "get out of detention free" cards to give you to keep you out of trouble with the teachers.
>>
>>32460152
?Rwanda

LOL OPINIONS DISCARDED
>>
>>32460425
kinda, but they had a good bit working against them. but their nuclear program was certainly interesting., though their plan to USE them got fucking insane quick.
>>
>>32460461
How did they want to use them? Against who? Maybe the death of apartheid was a good thing, damn.
>>
>>32459394
>Care to elaborate? After all the whole doctrine of the US is massive air superiority

Ever seen an Airforce Barracks? It's like a fucking 5 star hotel. 3 out of 9 Marine Corps Barracks I have been garrisoned in have been
"technically condemned" and all but one of them had asbestos in the floor and walls. The Airfoce spends exorbitantly on everything.
>>
>>32460440
collective defense is collective defense. if Aus gets invaded, UK will go and fight. reverse also holds. God save the Queen and all that. its almost impossible to discuss any of the commonwealth military or intel without talking about the others.
>>
>>32459901
Its pretty fucking stupid tbqh.

Here, take this cash and buy stuff from me with it.
>>
>>32459394
How do they maintain quality with such little money to spend on?
>>
>>32460469
they wanted to use them on commies in i think Angola, even cuban troops iirc. they finished a prototype, then some foreign intel picked up that fact, then i want to say it was the brits who quietly approached them and said to knock that shit off., cuz if they nuked cubans or commies everyone would be going to the USSR and flipping their shit, and the non-prolifration goals would be out the window.

in short, SA didnt want to open that pandora's box, and thus remains the only nation to produce a viable nuclear weapon system, only to abandon the project.
>>
Anyone with experience to tell me how is italian military?
>>
>>32460517
t. Gianluca
>>
>>32460526
Well Yes i am a pastanigger. I am curious to see if they are competent. Noone here cares about them
>>
>>32460512
>quality

when in doubt, get hand me downs or hope the navy helps. other than that, sheer force of will and the fact they dont do R&D (USAF spends assloads on research). the marines have great PR and brainwashing capability, worthy of praise from the North Koreans or Imperial Stormtrooper Corps.
>>
>>32459056
I respect Russia's military, the UK's, and Israel's. But Russia has some good duders.
>>
>>32459056

Estonians. 100% bros, used to box/wrestle/fight with us, all of them I met were solid dudes
>>
>>32460544

i got a surplus pasta army hat it keeps me warm

idk if pasta military is relevant though
>>
>>32460563
pasta hat?
>>
>>32459113
You're definitely an idiot if you think the US has the most cost effective military as we spend more than the next top 12 countries combined and literally have around the same tech as russia and russia spend not even half of what we spend. I mean really? $600 billion for a fucking military. No, America is the number 1 country at fucking wasting money.
>>
>>32460544
judging by libya, they seem capable of naval aviation decently. they have US nukes stationed there.
>>
>>32460512
An archaic, ass backwards, make it work, mentality.Half the vehicles in my old units motor pool were technically"inoperable" according to the regs because of some problem or another. But instead of anyone at the nco or junior snco ever running it up the cahin and refusing to work with said busted ass equipment until it gets fixed they just force the underlings to make do with what they got. I'm speaking as a MKIII BEB boat operator with one working engine and a busted helm trying to conduct rafting operations on a 5 bay IRB while transporting a fully loaded LVSR.
>>
>>32460544
I think /k/ doesn't rate Italy well, I don't know enough to talk but culturally and as a country I love Italy and its Italian people. Fuck Juve though.
>>
I like Japan
>>
>>32459056
Isreali Mossad
>assassins who are vertically integrated, heavily armed and out of their fucking minds
>>
>>32460512
By having common sense

Tye marines usually get stuff off the shelf and completely bypassing the RnD process. They also maintain equipments that is compatible to their own logistical footprint so minimal spending is required to retrain maintenance crew,replace existing inventory and equipment,et cetera

It's still not enough tho. Last I checked they also cheapened on barracks and other amenities in the base while pay grade isn't as rewarding as other branch relative to shit they did. Basically anything that can he cheapened (while still conforming to the goldwater-nichols act) will be cheapened
>>
>>32460631
t. animeshit lover
>>
>>32460477
This.

As an Australian we pretty much vow our efforts to defend the Queen and Commonwealth alike. Commonwealth isn't completely incompetent and will defend each other much like how NATO works.

>>32460440
Just like >>32460391 said, Australia has fought in every major US war without really being forced into the act. Same can be said for Canada and NZ, offering much-needed logistical supplies and support.

Hate to burst your little bubble, but countries need allies more than you think. If every country were a man for himself, it would be a complete clusterfuck, with the Commonwealth in place, along with substantial ties to the US and NATO, they offer much more than what you think the small nations have.

Israel is a good example.
>>
>>32460608
Well this far i heard competent naval aviation and cozy hats. I am okay with that
>>
>>32460259
>See the Georgia-Russia war
>started war
>giving up your capital in few days losing shitton of equipment with 4x manpower losses
>giod job
Literally egypt tier
>>
>>32459056
japs are bretty ebin
>>
>>32459056
Kek most here are just some random third worlder with their paper thin attempt to praise their pathetic """""military""""""
>>
>>32460656
Hey straya don't feel sad because your country is irrelevant, one day you too will have your own wars to shine in. For now stick to suck US/UK's dick.
>>
>>32460738
Nothing wrong with that, sometimes even the quiet dude in the back likes to hear that he does a good job.
>>
>>32460742
>one day you too will have your own wars to shine in
Huh, yea. I don't think Australia has ever had their own war. I wonder why they fight for the sake of fighting in a war where it's not their problem. It would be a relief if they finally had to start their own war on the monkeys up north!

You are fucking retarded.
>Inb4 Emu War
>>
>>32459149
>air force
>wasteful
while i admit its expensive having air dominance is well worth it
>>
>>32460512

Offloading costs.

Marines are supported by Navy Corpsmen, but the budget for them doesn't fall under the US marines budget.

Logistics past the MEU level are also handled by the navy, which doesn't fall under marines budget. The Assault ships themselves are also navy budget.

Service personnel costs also often get offloaded onto the Navy. People like cooks and maintenance people on amphibious assault ships are all Navy, but their primary job is to service Marines.

In the army, all those people are on army payroll.
>>
File: 1482842292903.jpg (469KB, 1000x536px) Image search: [Google]
1482842292903.jpg
469KB, 1000x536px
Does /k/ have any experience with the Royal Australian Navy?
>>
>>32460828
where were they in the great emu war
>>
>>32460800
No, it's fucking wasteful. As a former airfag, USAF is so full of waste and abuse it's fucking disgraceful. That branch exists for no reason other than to let politicians throw no-bid unconditional contracts at Lockheed so they can in turn get their congressional campaigns funded.
>>
File: 1475406059380.jpg (117KB, 1020x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475406059380.jpg
117KB, 1020x500px
>>32460842
>implying emus can cross open ocean
>implying that isn't the only reason they haven't taken over the world

we shell them from the coast m8, that's why most of our people live so close to the ocean
>>
>>32460843
how so? you can spend as much training as you like, but nothing will save infantry from a 30mm strafing run. thats why you have air dominance to shoot them down before they can rape your expensive army units
>>
>>32460857
doing gods work out there m8
>>
File: 1476356537838.jpg (67KB, 554x255px) Image search: [Google]
1476356537838.jpg
67KB, 554x255px
>>32460875
thanks m8
>>
>>32460857
What are they wearing
>>
>>32460886
>That image
Nice.
I wish fucking krauts did the same instead of welcoming them.
>>
File: 4StarGeneralCunt.png (432KB, 1466x998px) Image search: [Google]
4StarGeneralCunt.png
432KB, 1466x998px
>>32460898
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-flash_gear
>>
File: 306370202.jpg (27KB, 334x336px) Image search: [Google]
306370202.jpg
27KB, 334x336px
>>32459478
is that kinda makeup?
>>
>>32460774
Does timor count? Or the malay emergency?
>>
File: SASR.jpg (909KB, 2310x3471px) Image search: [Google]
SASR.jpg
909KB, 2310x3471px
>>
File: IMG_2890.jpg (54KB, 265x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2890.jpg
54KB, 265x399px
>>
>>32459056
>France
>Belgium
>Luxembourg
>Estonia
>Finland
>Russia
>UK
>Poland
>>
File: 0_18213_888943a_L.jpg (46KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
0_18213_888943a_L.jpg
46KB, 500x336px
>>32460259
>the writing was on the wall, but Georgia fought anyway
If you are referring to the writing I think about it's strange that you imply Georgians fought at all. I mean they were on the run for the most part of the war.
>>
>>32459056
UK
Russia
nzsas
sasr
Chilean Marines apparently
the actual strategists behind various jihadi organizations; unlike the ones who go blow themselves up, a lot of these have actually read a book.
>>
>>32460867
I'm not arguing air superiority is essential, it is and the US is teh best at it. We also spend a fuck ton more than everyone else cause we're pretty much single handedly defending NATO (cause no one gives fuck all except the UK and a couple eastern countries), South Korea, Japan, and the Philippines.

But our air superiorit shouldnt cost anywhere near what it does to maintain. Look at the F35, for example. It's a shitty platform designed to do multiple roles "kinda ok", intended to replace different fantastic aircraft that excelled in their particular jobs. The DoD stroked Lockheed's dick shouting MUH 5TH GEN STEALTH FIGHTER, but whoops it's outperformed by 30 year old airframes and would get its ass spanked by Su35s. The program is already massively, retardedly over budget. Procurement is now at $140 million per unit. Maintenance is at $40,000 PER FLIGHT HOUR (and that's not even in combat AOs). USAF personnel can't even maintain them on their own, Lockheed requires some parts like the engines to be removed and shipped cross country (or back stateside) to company shops to fix. The entire program is estimated to be something like $1.6 TRILLION, and that is rising every day.

And let's not even add our over use of contractors. I was Security Forces, our entire fucking purpose was to provide security at the gates and on base. I watched my squadron get replaced by DoD contractors paid $100k a year to literally do our jobs. My last 14 months was hanging out at the squadron building and occasionally driving around the flight line. I ended up begging to go back to Afghanistan cause I was so fucking bored.

Then add in the massive waste of the social engineering shit USAF is apparently obsessed with. Countless manhours wasted with SHARP briefings, countless briefings about gender neutrality and how transgendered people are yada yada.
>>
>>32460742
UK fag detected
>>
>>32460867
Watching SNCOs get tossed out for being an inch over their waist line limit while women are getting waivers for the pregnancies they had 2 years prior. All the court martials of enlisted and commissioned men over BS "sexual assault" accusations because someone made the mistake of actually telling a woman to do their fucking jobs.

Oh, and I forgot about the massive ineptitude shown by the brass because they're all fucking fighter jocks who don't give a fucking shit about anything but wanting to relive the glorious dogfighting of WWII. You know what will save the super expensive Army units? CAS. You know what USAF doesn't give a fuck about? CAS.

Look at the A10. USAF intentionally torpedoed that aircraft because it pissed off so many generals having to operate an aircraft who's sole mission was helping ground troops. They intentionally destroy castings and moldings making spare parts damn near impossible to obtain, ensuring operational costs skyrocket allowing them to say SEE WE NEED TO REPLACE THIS, and trying to replace it with the F35. It took Congress to say "no, that's fucking retarded" and USAF had to scramble for a massively expensive way to keep the A10 flying for 20 more years (and hint, it requires like 40% of the fleet to be grounded at any given time).

And don't get me started on the millions wasted on the ABU cause the brass wanted to be unique snowflakes like the Army and Marines with their own special uniform, that's also fucking terrible if you do anything but sit behind a desk all fucking day.

Tl; dr: if you think the cost of the US Air Force comes from maintaining air superiority, you don't know shit about the Air Force or the fuckwits in command. Look at the force procurement, projects, and strategy changes since the late 90s (and their attached cost overruns) and prepare to want to smash your head against a wall.
>>
>>32459056
Canada, Australia, Israel.

I like Russia's policy of giving no fucks, but their actual military needs a lot of polishing.

Canada's JTF-2 is grat, as is Australia's 4RAR. They actually teach out dudes.

The IDF may very well be the best in the business at urban combat, and one of the most experienced militaries in the world.

This is, of course, all politics aside, and strictly speaking of the military.
>>
>>32460996
Again, both dragged in due to it including us as part of a political stance, or due to Commonwealth oaths.
So not quite, but highly applicable.
>>
>>32459440
Well apparently the British pay redneck mountain dwellers (Ghurkas) exorbitantly to come join their army because they have excellent physical fitness from birth, due to living at such a high altitude.

It certainly doesn't make them automatically tier-1 operators but thicker air giving you more oxygen than you're used to shouldn't hurt.
>>
>>32461311
Canada's JTF-2 is grat, as is Australia's 4RAR. They actually teach out dudes.

Who did better in what?
A RAAF guy here, know a fair bit about our /k/ommandos, but not much bout the Leafs. How are they in contrast to others?
>>
>>32459901
>>32460511
and even that's not as true as Israelis would like us to believe.
>>
>>32459440
yeah he got outed as a walt/bloater (stolen valour for septics) by the intelligence corps recce operative (SRR suspect)

the operative even used a couple of johnnies on infil missions, and even managed to get a jump on a couple of them. Even he said he wouldn't fuck with hem as they apparently go from nice to nasty at warp speed.
>>
Brits, Krauts, and Russians.
>>
>>32459056

Israel, Slavs, Brits, Germans.

I blanketed Slavs because I was stationed at *redacted* for a while and all of the Slavic officers that showed up were impressive physical specimens with excellent table manners.
>>
Ausfag here, worked with Czechs for a while.
Holy fuck do I like Czechs.
>>
>>32459056
Switzerland. Those greedy mountain jews said "fuck it, everyone's in the military, start handing out machine guns" because they're so paranoid people might to to go after their jew gold.
>>
>>32461406
Arnt all started because of a political stance?
>>
>>32460579
>he thinks Russia has tech on par with us
>What we black projects
We are years ahead of other militaries. That is precisely why we spend so much more than others. We just don't know what type of shit out military is really working on
>>
>>32459193
This.
Also Norway
>>
>>32459255
A lot of it is, but quite a bit is modern and they're working on replacing it. Also, they've got a LARGE military, so even with outdated shit they're powerful.
Add to that the fact that they traun like a Western power, and you've got yourself a pretty powerful and efficient force.
>>
>>32459193
you have never met a brummie, a geordie or a scouser then.
>>32459440
I want to sodomise her with only spit for lube her... if you know what i mean
>>
>>32460511
Foreign aid sales are a way for the US to subsidize the MIC without getting caught up in legalities.
>>
>>32460579
>America is the number 1 country at fucking wasting money.
>America is the number 1
>still best at EVERYTHING
>>
>>32460474
I mean most of the Marines are on ships right? They are the only remaining coastal landing units ever since after Korea. If you are not on a ship or not out of the country being the "President's Army" than why are you busy washing rocks in the parking lot?

The Airforce transports most of the army's assets and logistics too their bases, other than that they mostly stay in housing at their bases and mostly enlisted ground crews are not transferred in their career. That includes activity training pilots and service crews as it is the Airforce's job to protect U.S.A. from any invasive threat before they reach the shores from many of their bases and missle sites. Besides day to day, the Air force's fleet has not had a recent change yet and F35A's have yet to be officially ordered.

Above all else, it's the Grunt vs POG mentality.
>>
>>32459056
Russia.
>no hair, don't care
>>
>>32459056
UK
France
>>
>>32460265

>Germany

why that?
>>
>>32460579
Russia is trying to catch up to the 20 year old F-22.
>>
>>32459394
>>32460822
IN FY2014 the USMC accounted for ~7% of the total military budget. This included USMC Green dollars, Blue In Support of
Green (BISOG) dollars (aviation programs), and other Navy dollars supporting the
USMC (e.g. Aviation Programs, Navy Corpsman, Doctors and Chaplain, and the
average annual cost to build amphibious war ships).

For that ~7% the USMC provided 21% of active infantry battalions, 15% of fighter/attack aircraft, and 19% of all artillery battalions.
>>
>>32461110
Is no one going to stop that burglar from stealing that dog?
>>
>>32461435
It's not so easy to get into the British army though, they only have so many slots, so it also forces a huge amount of competition for potential recruits, which does help ween out better soldiers
>>
File: 78678678.jpg (700KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
78678678.jpg
700KB, 1920x1280px
>>32459255
►Armour
Nazis gave us some Leopard 2 A4 tanks, we're modernizing them with them to A5 standard. 128+119, that's 247 fairly modern tanks, especially if they ware to fight russian armor.
Combined with 281 "PT-91 Twardy" (modernized T72M1) and some other shitty post-soviet death-traps (about T-72's 597) that can still be used in low intensity conflict, I think that makes a somewhat effective force. And PT-16 is on it's way.

670 Rosomak APC's (Finish AMV XC-360P) is a decent force, they performed very well in Afghanistan, very good APC platform (will put mortars, rockets and other shit on them).
On a bad side, we have no tracked APC's, only some completely used up BMP-1 death traps.

► Anti-tank crap.
Bought some Kike-SPIKE's, insanely expensive, but very effective. (264 launchers, 2675 rockets and counting).
On a bad side - we practically have NO RPG-s. Our RPG-7 are completly used up, and RPG-76 Komar's are only effective against lightly armored vehicles and buidings.

► Anti-Air Defence
Polish-modernised manpads Iglas (called Grom) proved very effective during Russian invasion of Georgia, so we have that covered.
We are talking about modernizing our air defence as we speak, will buy some cool shiny AA systems soon (we already have pretty decent polish-design radar systems, we just lack decent rocket systems, we use old outdated post-soviet shit).

Continued:
>>
>>32462311
...continuing

► Airforce
We're modernizing our helicopter fleet. Recently fagots tried to sell us modernized Pumas (Caracal), twice the price they sold it to other countries (corruption). But there ware elections, opposition won, and we tolled the faggots to fuck off with their shitty helicopter. As result, France prime minister cried a river and canceled his visit in Poland. Fuck'em. :-)
We already have factories that put together Blackhawks, so that will probably be the next Polish transport helicopter - we already placed an order for some of them for special forces.

Few years back we bought some F-16's, but what is really important, that recently US Defence dep. agreed to sell us JASSM-ER. That will keep Putain at bay if he'll try to start some shit.

► God Of Battlefield
Our arty is rather shitty, with obsolete rocket & canon artillery.
We recently produced some decent self-proppeled artillery, but it's only a handfull. We have absolutely NO long-range rocket artillery, that sucks.

► Small arms.
FB Beryl is a pretty decent AK clone chambered in 5,56, but I can't wait for MSBS, aka "pure sex".
We also produce licenced Walthers.
On a bad side, we really need to modernise the rest of our small-arms basket, we have new models designed, but they either havent been put into production yet, or have been made in very small numbers. We practically have no automatic 40mm grenade launchers, and only a handfull of under-barell ones.

But to be honest... All those things are just toys. I think the most important thing is that, though we are sometimes stupid & reckless, we aren't cowardly fagots like some other nations have become.
And Putain knows this.
>>
>>32462311
>(about T-72's 597)
My bad, 159 not 597, that's very little. Oh, and our navy is pretty much a joke, to be fair.
>>
>>32461447
Finding many details bout the JTF-2 i like finding detailed info on DEVGRU. JTF-2 does completely different shit than the Fourth Royals; they're kind of like SFOD-D plus the Seals and a bit of Rangers thrown in, with all the support they need from pogs, all in a fairly tight-knit group.

From what I gather, they're surgeons as much as they are warriors. Think Tom Clancy's Ghst Recon, but take all of this with a few dozen grains of salt.
>>
>>32461157
iirc their air force did a surprisingly decent job, though their ground force shat the bed
>>
>>32461296
all branches have different uniforms, and the Marines DELIBERATELY cock blocked the Army on new camo by copyrighting it, which has never been done before. Everyone wants to be distinct.
>>
>>32459440
Did you meet him at the pub?
My local has a local SAS man.
So does my mates local.
Sure are alot of them floating about.
>>
>>32460453
Someone get him the pasta.
>>
>>32462499
Which is equally fucking retarded. To think of all the time, resources, and R&D money saved had we just gone with Multicam originally.
>>
>>32459056
I see alot of annons saying Russia, I on the other hand have lost all respect for them.

A few friends of mine have fought in ukie volunteer groups and they say that the Russians don't know how to clorse quarters combat at all, they just spray and pray or get separated from their squad mates and picked off.

I realize it isn't exactly an unbias source, but based on videos I've seen of them fighting chechens, I can see how ukies claim they fight like shit
>>
>>32459063
Lol you clever
>>
>>32462788

idfk what even is happening in ukraine anymore

i'm all for pro-uke though due fact that pro-russia side thought it would be cool to blow apart a civilian transport plane for the shits and giggles or they're just so blatantly incompetent that they mistook it for a ukrainian military plane

fuck the vatnik
>>
>>32461127
>Belgium
>Luxembourg

Why Belgium? And Luxembourg of all places.
>>
>>32459381
I would recommend to open fire.
Obviously not fit for life if they're unable to take the time to properly enter a fucking military base.
>>
>>32459457
That was unexpected. Just like a knife attack!
>>
>>32459144
>F-35b
>hand me down
>>
>>32461022
Big guy right here
>>
File: IMG_6643.jpg (6KB, 92x139px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6643.jpg
6KB, 92x139px
>>32459180
My sides are in orbit. Why do I find this so funny.
>>
>>32461532
>Slavic officers that showed up were impressive physical specimens with excellent table manners.
Found the fag
>>
>>32459193
>Also Sweden. I don't know a lot about their military itself
they have more generals than artillery
>>
France
>>
>>32459056

-Russia
-Estonia
-Norway
-Australia
-Britain
-France

Those are more or less the militaries I respect.
>>
>>32463500
Russia and the Brits as well
>>
>>32463506
What about Norway? Haven't really heard much about their military
>>
>>32459244
They have trouble running on flat ground as Nepal is nothing but hills.
>>
>>32459056
>respect
>any military

pick one
>>
>>32462106

>most of the Marines are on ships, right?

No.
>>
>>32463210

Found the closet fag.
>>
>>32463747

Edgy.
>>
>>32459056
I've worked with Aussie, Japanese, South Korean and British units. Found all of them to be well trained and competent.
>>
Generally speaking all of our Allies are well respected, for obvious reasons. The entire world went through a trial by fire so everyone came out tough as nails and mean as sin. While the trend has been away from that it's hard for a military to completely forget lessons learned.
France, Australia, South Korea, the UK, Germany, Canada, hell they're all solid militaries even if they might be a bit on the small side while in the lacking funding department.
Every military has shitty units made up of dudes just trying to get through their conscription or 4 year service for some easy cash and free rent. But there's always those career soldier types that train hard and fight harder.

I even respect the Russian military, although I certainly don't consider it a real threat. Most of it is garbage but as in any other country they have hardcore motherfuckers I'd rather not get in a fight with.
>>
>>32459372
>this
Practice real knife fighting using simulators and show real techniques, not just flashy bullshit
Why are Asians so into flashy bullshit?
>>
>>32464847
>respecting government employees

r u srs
>>
>>32463580
They seem pretty well equipped to go out to war.

Their SOF are also good.
>>
>>32459664
Work with the Korteans by any chance?
>>
>>32459056

JTF2
>>
>>32459056
>Russia
no matter how much they embarrass themselves, there will always be russian fanboys.
go drown some more planes from the only carrier you got. only empty planes with 1/4 tank can actually take off from it. WHY? WHY does it even exist?
>>
>>32459056

UK - They manage to maintain a rough parity in training quality in spite of the fact that the gov. tries to block them at every avenue. They know how to do more with less.
>>
>>32459394
You have to remember that many US Army Divisions have very low combat readiness (specifically the NG units). For instance, if a major war land war broke out tomorrow many would not be capable of deploying with much of the heavy gear mandated by their TO&E. Every one of those Marine divisions could be deployed on a short notice, similar to the US army's 10th, 25th, 82nd, and 101st.
>>
File: Belgian-Army-Burssels-8.jpg (39KB, 670x376px) Image search: [Google]
Belgian-Army-Burssels-8.jpg
39KB, 670x376px
>>32459664
Belgian soldiers?
>>
File: The_British_Empire.png (411KB, 2753x1400px) Image search: [Google]
The_British_Empire.png
411KB, 2753x1400px
>>32459955
It didn't happen by accident.
>>
>>32459063
top fucking kek
unit 777 killed more kebabs than the serbs
>>
>>32462928
Belgium were often involved in Africa.
>>
>>32459056
that looks gay as fuck
>>
>>32459440
Who is this
>>
File: Jojo pose.jpg (194KB, 738x718px) Image search: [Google]
Jojo pose.jpg
194KB, 738x718px
>>32463185
>>32459180
I-is this a Jojo reference?
>>
File: Pom.png (73KB, 245x217px) Image search: [Google]
Pom.png
73KB, 245x217px
>>32459056
Israel, Finland (historically, at least), and Britain.
>>
>>32459056

I respect no one's army, including the u.s. blame the faggots of today that did it. Seems like every one who joins the military, is some how some entitled fag when all reality they're just some welfare nigger.

Thank you all for your cervix.
>>
>>32459513
I took a screenshot of your post.
>>
>>32459664
A screenshot from this one as well.
>>
>>32460259
I can't believe it these all being your personal experience.
>>
>>32460843
Listen you book reading pinko this is freedom in action, if you don't like it FUCK OFF TO NORTH KOREA
>>
>>32462318
>though we are sometimes stupid & reckless, we aren't cowardly fagots like some other nations have become.
>And Putain knows this.

That's right.

t. a Nordic bro
>>
File: metro-explosion-brussels-9.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
metro-explosion-brussels-9.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>32462928
>85% trust ratings by Belgian citizens
>Good thinking after and during the terror attacks
>Good modern gear (Majority manufactured in Belgium )
>Enough equipement and budget to properly train and equip soldiers ( Compared to the Netherlands , French and ZE GERMANZ)
>Abl camouflage
>>
>>32459056
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjo1UugaSGs
>>
File: _88893885_pilger.jpg (34KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_88893885_pilger.jpg
34KB, 624x351px
>>32474362
>>
>>32463580
Arctic warfare specialists, like the Finns, Swedes and some of the Danish branches.
>>
>>32474375
>>32474362
Can confirm
>>
File: smJnMoT.png (130KB, 828x1754px) Image search: [Google]
smJnMoT.png
130KB, 828x1754px
>>32462318
>though we are sometimes stupid & reckless, we aren't cowardly fagots like some other nations have become.
>And Putain knows this.

Good luck Poland. We're rooting on you.

T. American
>>
File: Liechtenstein army God tier.jpg (10KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
Liechtenstein army God tier.jpg
10KB, 240x210px
>>32459056
Liechtenstein military. Engage them and good times will prevail.
>>
>>32459513
Good post
>>
>>32474375
Canadians are also pretty well adjusted with the freeze and rough seas.

t. a Finn
>>
>>32462318
>MSBS
goddamn that is one nice rifle
>>
File: 1018698749.jpg (144KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
1018698749.jpg
144KB, 1000x541px
>>32459664
Lithuanians?
>>
>>32459056

No, non-Americans barely qualify as human.
>>
>>32474073
Holy fuck it is
>>
>>32459056
Israel
IDF is tier 1
>>
>>32459513
Could you give a bit more detail on the South Africans?
>>
>>32460425
Kinda, I think at one point Cubans had air superiority and South Africans had ground superiority. If you want to look at their strength at the time just look up the G6, fucking wonderful piece of tech.
>>
>>32477099
>>32477173
T. Safag
>>
>>32460453
>talking shit about Rwanda
oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>32460742
>UK
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>32460517

Worked with them at a NATO command. They were by far the worst soldiers there. Lazy, didn't give a damn about the job, and half of them spent the majority of their time sunbathing instead of, you know, actually doing their fucking job.

It's just my personal experience and very likely the Italians did not send their best to this command, but honestly, I did not rate their military very highly.
>>
>>32469291
>WHY? WHY does it even exist?

As a training aid, obviously.
>>
File: 1468221751297.png (420KB, 1305x5700px) Image search: [Google]
1468221751297.png
420KB, 1305x5700px
>>32459056
I respect the SAS.
>>
>>32475391
>IDF is tier 1
They are reorganizing to be more career oriented and effective. Kicking Arab arse and being good at self-promotion doesn't mean every IDF POG is Rambo in a yarmulke.

Credit where due, at least they fit APS to their tanks while the US waits for a second-gen Raytheon system that's not fielded. They should sell Trophy to Turkey before Erdogan runs out of Leopards.
>>
>>32459056
Finland, during the Winter War was absolutely inspiring.
>>
>>32463062
>thinks the air wings and all the faggots under those commands are actually marines
>>
>>32459651
This.

If China wants to man up and be a major player in the world stage, then it should actually get its hands dirty trying to clean up some of the messes around the globe, playing 'world police' (which is really just a fancy way of saying establishing stability and order in a region) in Africa and other places where they're supposedly so heavily invested. Not to mention it'd give their soldiers opportunity to cut their teeth.

Though given how our relationship could really go either way with them (super-best friends or new cold war), maybe it's best that their giant military remains relatively green.
>>
>>32465246
>giving away ancient chinese secrets during photoshoots and publicity shit

gee anon, i fucking wonder
>>
>>32459113

War is fucking waste. It is a waste of lives. It is a waste of treasure. It is waste of time spent planning to do harm to men and women b/c it was deemed necessary for national interests. No matter what you do, how badly you think you can control the amount of pennies spent or wasted one of the infinite sinews of war is money. To try and save a filthy sou is folly and morally disingenuous since war means your nation have decided on a course to waste everything that it has to achieve a goal- to kill, conquer and destroy an enemy so completely that they shall pose no threat to you and your own no matter how far fetched.

And no matter what procurement policies are in place, armies and navies will never ever have enough in war b/c in the course of pursuing violence as a national means the other side is doing the same. An the enemy always has a vote- sometimes a decisive one .
>>
>>32460656
Best insight for /k/ for a long time.
>>
File: fbb4afbc4000383412b9e0845593b500.jpg (666KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
fbb4afbc4000383412b9e0845593b500.jpg
666KB, 1200x800px
>>32462318
>Recently fagots tried to sell us modernized Pumas (Caracal), twice the price they sold it to other countries (corruption).
This shit again... I cant disagree on the corruption as some shenanigans were obviously going on there, but fer fuck sake Caracal is a perfectly fine machine and most of all: IT'S A BIG FUCKING MACHINE, that we need to replace Mi8/17 with. Both Caracal and Mi-8 are clasified as MEDIUM transport helicopters.
And they were expensive because we mostly ordered specialist versions like SAR and ASW. Its like when buying an ambulance you expect the price to be the same as for a plain cargo van.

>We already have factories that put together Blackhawks, so that will probably be the next Polish transport helicopter
We don't produce UH-60 we produce S-70i a shity international export version of it and WE DON'T NEED IT.
Blackhawk can take 11-12 troops on board with puts it in a SMALL transport helicopter category, along with W-3 Sokół a Polish design helicopter that is already serving in Polish military and has a similar troop lift capacity.
And when you look at Sokół you may think its a piece of shit and you may be right but its our piece of shit that is in no way inferior to the S-70i piece of shit.
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.