[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the French known for being surrender monkeys? Only because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 34

Why are the French known for being surrender monkeys? Only because of ww2 or they fuck everywhere else too?
>>
>>32458762
Well they surrendered in the cold war too
>>
>>32458762
Because of WWI and WWII, sort of Algeria too, but that was the French public's fault.
>>
They cemented their reputation by giving up in French Indochina.
>>
Other than the US are there even any more countries who have a respectable fighting record?
>>
>>32458762
Mostly just WW2 to be honest, though Franco-Prussian and Indochina didn't do them any favors.

I suppose Americans also count in French and Indian when they bother to remember that it happened.
>>
>>32458901
The Swiss. Canada.
>>
>>32458925
Now pick actual countries who have done something relevant in the last 50 years.
>>
The US got butthurt when France didnt want to invade the Middle East for no reason in the early 2000s and started shit talking. The memes stuck.
>>
>>32460059
>actual countries who have done something relevant in the last 50 years
But the only options there are USA and USSR.
>>
>>32458860
>WWI
>>
>>32458762
The French fought like Lions in WW1, until 1917 when some of the Army had mutinied. They had had enough. Prior to that, the French poilu were extremely brave. I think the Country was broken by its experience in the Great War which is a damn shame.
>>
File: IMG_2928.jpg (118KB, 634x759px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2928.jpg
118KB, 634x759px
What's with all the French hate lately
>>
>>32460163
See
>>32460104
>>
>>32460104

This.
>>
What about Vietnam too?
>>
>>32460163
>Getting killed by hadjis
Poor dogo
>>
>>32458860
>WW1
>Le rifle upside down meymey
>>
File: 1462345505840.jpg (69KB, 818x960px) Image search: [Google]
1462345505840.jpg
69KB, 818x960px
Also 1871.
We just bitch slapped them and told them we Nation nauw.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Prussian_War
>>
>>32460454
And now we Muhammad's now hamdullah
>>
File: Laughing_Brittania_and_Columbia.png (1MB, 1280x1391px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_Brittania_and_Columbia.png
1MB, 1280x1391px
>>32458762
In WWI, they weren't to be mocked at all. As burgerclaps we like to pretend we pulled their asses out, but really all that American troops did in WWI was eliminate what little advantages the Germans had left.

In WWII the reputation was kinda deserved, considering how they stabbed themselves in the back by centralizing their defense industry, letting the Maginot Line get flanked, and selling out to Germany and creating a puppet state. However the efforts of the French while they were still in the fight were noteworthy despite their disadvantages. The French Resistance fought well for their lack of heavy weapons.

Overall, excluding WWII, the surrender meme is bull. However, French nationalists are truly a retarded bunch. If you've spent reasonable amount of time on /int/ you'll know what I'm talking about.

>Germany should have been dismantled after WWI; the Versailles Treaty wasn't tough enough
>The Maginot Line getting flanked? All Belgium's fault!
>American and Commonwealth forces didn't liberate France, it was only the Resistance
>Focusing on numerous reports of rape and sexual assault after the Normandy landings, even though they were not condoned by the Allies.
>Unsubstantiated claims that Churchill and Roosevelt only liberated France as a barrier against communism
>Unsubstantiated bullshit about the US and UK not giving the French Resistance heavy weapons to make them easier to subjugate after liberation

I've found that the French have a tendency to be cynical and ethnocentric; There are exceptions to the rule of course. I do know some Froguettes who can bant.
>>
File: Blue-Angels.jpg (34KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Blue-Angels.jpg
34KB, 600x399px
>>32458762

I just wanna point out that the french won the only air war that mattered: air war one. After that point air combat devolved into whose womyn could manufacture the most horsey motors, and a large portion of the manly french population decided to be dead still rather than show up to fight in it. it's true that the german planes were slightly cooler, but they lost the war, technically speaking.

after rotary engines became obsolete, all forms of contemporary combat became slightly more boring than listening to homosexuals complain about house music, so it really isn't in vogue to say that the french lost anything, per se
>>
>>32460729
your word choice makes your attempt at humor incomprehensible, and if you are in fact serious, you're utterly wrong because WWII air combat was way more interesting than WWI

having a maximum rate of climb of less than 1000ft/min is not interesting
>>
>>32460764

in WWI the form of the human was still visible. the tron bike merging-with-machine fetishism peaked in the 20s. with enclosed cockpits, idealistic combat ended, since you couldn't lean out and shoot your opponent with a pistol, even theoretically. WWII was just identifying silhouettes 101.

rapid absolute change in energy state is only interesting to a) nerds that play warthunder and b) nerds that want everybody to know how many gears their superchargers have.
>>
>>32460104
Freedom Fries 4ever.
>>
>>32460286
Mind explaining
>>
>>32461361
That dog, Diesel, was killed during the 2015 Saint-Denis raid following Paris attentats.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9b3_1448092988
>>
>>32458762

WW2

And it's not like anyone should blame them; I don't think there was an army on Earth that could withstand a full up German invasion at that time
>>
File: IMG_2533.jpg (124KB, 1274x704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2533.jpg
124KB, 1274x704px
>>32460943
>>
>>32458901
Russians(sort of), Brits and... well that's about it.

French have shit reputation they don't really deserve but it is there, Arab world is completely shit maybe with exception of Iran(which isn't really arab), the rest of Europe? Either largely peacetime(Swiss, Spanish) or with involvement too small to really judge(Poland, Germany).

Historically speaking there's quite a lot but if you judge by the relevance in let's say last 30-40 years then there's not much.
>>32460550
>Focusing on numerous reports of rape and sexual assault after the Normandy landings, even though they were not condoned by the Allies.
Tbh punishments for rapes in the Red Army were super cruel(usually death or joining penal battalion = also death) and yet everybody whines about their rapes to no end.
>>
because the fact they fucking are, bitch. When the world was appalled over the tradgedy of 9/11, France was the ONLY western nation to take the side of Saddam Hussein. FUCK those fuckers for that.
>>
>>32458860
In WWI France fought harder than anyone with the exception of Germany and Germany was eventually forced to the negotiating table.

In all seriousness France was so devastated by WWI it diminished their will to fight another.
>>
>>32461654
They could've done it.

The problem was that they've had quite heavily-centralised higher command structure(not bad idea by itself) and issues with communication there on top of belief that Ardennes can't be crossed by a serious army.

So when Germans actually started pouring through Ardennes it took ~6 hours for the high command to know it and then ~12 to respond and then they've realised that they've sent all of their reserves to low countries and couldn't do anything. In reality they've wasted maybe a day or two to actually react on this event which allowed Germans to unjam the 6 roads that led through the region(at the beginning there were MASSIVE several-tens of kilometres long traffic jams on those roads) to the point where they could move supplies without much issues.

Basically the 1940 blunder comes from shoddy communications and believing that nobody would be so stupid to attack through Ardennes and hence, not safeguarding against that possibility. Maginot line did what it was supposed to do - Germans didn't invade through Alsace-Lorraine because it would be a suicide so they've had to go back to Belgium, they moved faster than expected but when they went in contact with French or BEF they slowed down, given some time they could've been stopped. But then, as I've said, Germans crushed through Ardennes with only light resistance and French did nothing to stop it.
>>
File: 1366541939929.jpg (32KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
1366541939929.jpg
32KB, 337x450px
>>32458925
>The Swiss.

The Swiss became neutral after having been bitchslapped once too many times.
So yeah, they're cool and all, but they are not exactly exemplary for their fighting record...

>>32458878
>They cemented their reputation by giving up in French Indochina.

After which the americans decided to show the french how it's done and horrendously lost the Vietnam war? ;)
>>
>>32460104
the surrender meme was around before that
>>
>>32461746
>The Swiss became neutral after having been bitchslapped once too many times.
It was different.
Swiss as a country of Switzeland were mostly neutral as the history went. They were fighting here and there but that wasn't very common.

However, Swiss as in people, were often employed as mercenaries since 15th century, during the Vienna Congress the great powers regulated the use of mercenaries in wars and one of the regulations forced Swiss to adopt their characteristic military structure, total neutrality and banned them from becoming mercenaries(and banned countries from employing Swiss mercenaries) with the exception of Papal Swiss Guard.
>>
>>32461710
but saddam ended up being a good guy
>>
File: Remember.jpg (931KB, 798x1229px) Image search: [Google]
Remember.jpg
931KB, 798x1229px
>>32461745
>Basically the 1940 blunder comes from shoddy communications and believing that nobody would be so stupid to attack through Ardennes and hence, not safeguarding against that possibility. Maginot line did what it was supposed to do - Germans didn't invade through Alsace-Lorraine because it would be a suicide so they've had to go back to Belgium, they moved faster than expected but when they went in contact with French or BEF they slowed down, given some time they could've been stopped. But then, as I've said, Germans crushed through Ardennes with only light resistance and French did nothing to stop it.

Well, in WW1, the Belgians had shoddy reinforced positions and weren't really ready for anything. In WW2, it was different. There was a huge fort network which was actually pretty good. The problem was that they were entirely static in their defense in a time where mobile warfare became the norm.

So the fogs thought they were pretty well covered from that flank, but the germans actually built replicas of the belgian forts to learn how to take them for those which had to be taken and the others were entirely ignored. The forts which had been ignored usually just fired all their artillery munitions over the course of 2-3 days, and were then forced to surrender since they ran out of ammo.

The belgians and french made the error thinking that if war came, it would be a static one like WW1.
>>
>>32460163
Fuck the French and fuck you.
>>
>>32461746
Vietnam is communist in name only now so in the end we won
>>
>>32461870

And you speak english, so the brits actually finally won the war of independence?
>>
>>32461877
>implying the revolution was fought over language and identity

jesus Christ please read a book
>>
>>32460104
it's funny because the French are probably the most hardcore motherfuckers you'll find in the ME these days.

the actually *want* to fuck shit up
>>
>>32461710
>9/11
>Saddam Hussein

Is that bait?
>>
>>32461624
F
>>
>>32461885
The vietnam wars weren't about not having forein cunts (french, jap, french, yank) in control of the country?
>>32461887
Which is weird as there's so much of the ME in France. I hope the FN win & start the mass deportations.
>>
>>32461951
the war was about stopping communism from spreading across Asia. Vietnam and laos are both only communist in name. the us won the cold war
>>
>>32458762
Much like the krauts, the frogs got cuck'd early and hard and haven't bounced back since.
>>
>>32458925
The French btfo'd the swiss so hard they swore to stay forever neutral kek
>>
File: 1475245913471.jpg (1MB, 1856x1264px) Image search: [Google]
1475245913471.jpg
1MB, 1856x1264px
>>32461703
>the rest of Europe?
Well during the 60s and 70s Portugal was fighting in Angola, Guine and Mozambique while the niggers were backed up by everyone from US to USSR.
>>
WW2, then intensified with >>32460104

>>32460550

Considering how the Germans treated the Russian communist puppet they created with Brest-Livosk after said commies were coming to them hat in hand begging for peace, Versailles did not go far enough. It's downright hilarious to hear crocodile tears about Versailles when brest-Livosk was just about as close to a diplomatic rape of a country as is possible. The meme of poor widdle versailles is an enduring falsehood.

Shame everyone was too exhausted to carry the fight to Berlin and deny the Boche the chance to delude themselves into their fantasy of being victorious and betrayed on the homefront.

Mind you something purely vindictive like Morgenthau's plan would be too much but versailles being mean is such a crock of shit.
>>
File: Colonial War.png (136KB, 755x636px) Image search: [Google]
Colonial War.png
136KB, 755x636px
>>32463590
>>
>>32461877
French did a lot in you independence war. They provided councillors, supplies, weapons, and finally sent troops. Your famous minutemen would be ripped by British expeditionary corps. It's well known, English commander surrendered to French troops - he knew who did the brunt of the fighting. Talking about French as fighters...that's where you need to start.
>>
France had one hell of a military reputation right up until about 1870. My theory is that they were victims of their Napoleonic successes, and couldn't bring themselves to change fast enough.
They got spanked like little bitches in the Franco-Prussian war and haven't won anything since. Not against Germany, not against the Vietnamese, not even against the Algerians.

That, plus the fact that so many French collaborated with the Germans in WW2.
>>
>>32463804
>WWI
>Algeria
>military loss
This war was basically a big guy beating a scrawny guy to a pulp for his lollipop, only for him to realize that the lollipop was a shit flavor mixed with laxative and aids and he didnt even want it in the end, while the scrawny guy picks up his missing teeths and claims victory.
You're also missing half a dozen other conflicts at least. Including the conquest of Indochina, ironically, which makes France the only country to have beaten the Vietnamese in centuries.
>>
>>32458774
cant tell if trolling/10

>>32458860
>>32458878
>I cant into history: the post

The french being white flags is, and always will be, a joke. If you take a joke seriously, prepared to be educated you mong.
>>
>>32460729

The air war of WW2 was Japan and Germany slowly losing their best guys because they kept them in the fight till they died. Americans took their ace's and sent them to the schoolhouse to train pilots better.

>uses meme words
>cites "coolness" of things

I just wanna point out that youre a fucking idiot.
>>
>>32461746
>horrendously lost the Vietnam war?
Nigga are you fucking retarded? N.Vietnam said they would never be brought to the negotiating table nor recognize S. Vietnam as a state. We made them do both of those things. Not our fault the paddyniggers couldn't defend their own territory without American muscle backing them up.

We left 'Nam in what, 72? 73? Saigon fell in 75. Fuck outta here.
>>
>>32460943
>air combat needs to be done with pistol duels
>pistol dueling at hundreds of miles an hour, thousands of feet in the sky

I guess the olde-timey, line up and fucking shoot at each other in a field was more manly than taking cover too. People like you, talking out your ass and misinforming others, make me detest freedom of speech and Im conservative.
>>
>>32461624
he was killed because of friendly fire I heard
>>
>>32460550
>As burgerclaps we like to pretend we pulled their asses out, but really all that American troops did in WWI was eliminate what little advantages the Germans had left.
We did alot of heavy lifting against the red army during and after WWI before we had to pull out due to our intervention getting unpopular
>>
>>32463590
It sickens me to this date that we betrayed Portugal
>>
>>32463660
It wasn't just the supplies and direct troop aid given to us rebellous Americans. It was the threat of an all out war with France that keep England from crushing the rebellion will all its might.

I think England used more troops to keep the French from attacking or seizing much more valuable (at the time) territory than the American colonies.
>>
>>32461710
SH had nothing to do with 9/11. Or is that a meme?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>32465122
It was not your fault.
>>
>>32464974
But movies have the tet offensive cut to the fall of saigon!

but yeah, you are right and people are fucking idiots.
>>
I had a BF1 player tell me that the french were pussies in both world wars
>>
>>32465289
How old was he
>>
>>32460148
cases of mutinery were vastly exxagerated. Maréchal Pétain went into units, and asked the same thing "I want to know the truth, don't try to please me" then addressed most of the stuff the soldiers were angry about. Food, clothing, equipment, combat turns etc.
>>
>>32465532
They were exaggerated in the sense that people think it means units went in full revolt.
Usually that only meant they refused to carry out suicidal attacks following some disastrous offensives but kept manning their trenches.
>>
File: french.jpg (54KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
french.jpg
54KB, 1280x544px
Caught this gem in the first or second Ip man -movie.
>>
>>32465903
Lp?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobster_War
>>
>>32460059
Moving goalposts.
You asked a question, someone provided an answer.
>>
>>32460163
Sleep well based Diesel dog
>>
File: IMG_2684.gif (2MB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2684.gif
2MB, 600x750px
>>32461864
>>
>>32460104

Bullshit

There are countless examples of the French being called cowards for decades before 2000, the "cheese eating surrender monkeys" line is from a Simpsons episode that aired before 2000
>>
File: IMG_0333.jpg (116KB, 912x569px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0333.jpg
116KB, 912x569px
>>32466958
That's the only reason I can find
>>
>>32465903
What movie?
>>
File: IMG_2767.jpg (47KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2767.jpg
47KB, 450x300px
>>
>>32467055
It was literally the go to joke for the french since the 70's.

The Iraq invasion shit happened and it blew up bigger than ever before.
>>
>>32469318
Dr Pavel
>>
>>32470579
Je suis GIGN
>>
>>32465903
What movie
>>
>>32465903
>french
>brit helmets
Oh ! That was the joke ? Sorry.
>>
>>32461710
>I AM AN UNEDUCATED MURRITARD AND I HATE THE FROGS BECAUSE THE MSM TOLD ME TO
When 9/11 happened France was the first country to help the US jackass.
The french Mirage 2000D fighter bombers were the first planes of the coalition to bomb the north of Afghanistan where all the bad guys were hiding, because they operated from Tadjikistan (use ctrl+c/ctrl+v and paste it in googlemaps you mongoloid). At the next red flag the frogs got a standing ovation for this.
I guess it happened because US air force personels all hate their country and love Afghanistan's leader... Saddam Hussein.

Wait what ?

Yes, 9/11 was about trying to catch Bin Laden who allegedly hid in Afghanistan. Or did he. Whatever. At some point some french SF guys got him into their sights too, mind you. The order to fire never came. Hmmm, really makes me think.

Here assfaggot, read that shit :

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ladepeche.fr%2Farticle%2F2006%2F12%2F23%2F36475-j-avais-ben-laden-dans-mon-viseur.html

Oopsie we made a boo boo ! We let public ennemy number one escape because we can't give an order ! Oh nooooes.

Fucking mongrel.

Iraq in 2003 was about... Erm... Weapons of mass drestruction nobody ever found ? Support to terrorism which never happened ?
No wait, it was about trying to steal some oil and please the actual instigators of islamic terrorism : the fucking saudi wahabi and takfiri guys (these aren't countries but political sects of islam, the more you know).

The french were right to try to veto that shit, the US were not to launch an invasion which led to the creation of ISIS, case closed.

And now we all have to deal with the havoc your nation of 6 years old created, because of retards like you who probably voted even bigger retards and warhawk autists with aspergers into office.

Bravo.
>>
>>32471901
you are why we hate france be a bit less arrogant.
>>
>>32472037
You never thought this rude behavior was the direct reflection of an attitude ?

I still remember the incredible campaign of hate among the american MSM against France.
It was litterally Goebbels propaganda tier.
The amount of bullshit spewed daily. Holy fuck it was 13 years ago and I remember every tiny bit of it.
The calls to invade France made by asshats on TV with fucking Condoleeza Rice (of all people) telling anchors to calm the fuck down. The retarded declarations like "the french are nazis" and "we should have allied with germany" in the same sentence.
I remember the "today Bagdad tomorrow Paris" written on Abrams guns. The french tourists rolled over on a beach by a SUV. The countless assaults of french people in there. Those who got mistreated because they were french. The retarded autism like "burn a peugeot for peace" or throwing wine into the streets... It may have been the most trashy example of retardation among any civilised country in centuries as well as the ruddest thing to do when french operators were fighting alongside the US in many theaters, including Afghanistan, from start to finish.

But please tell me about arrogance because of a rude post on 4chan to some cretin thinking France supported Saddam after 9/11.

Yes the french were anxious about the consequences of an attack on Iraq, like, you know, the risk posed by unleashed islamists and the start of a religious war in the area... Which is... Exactly what happened.
Was that a wrong feeling to have ?

Here's everything you need to know about the diplomatic position of France before this shitshow began :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ_1hWqSz6I

Call this arrogance.

Being right is arrogant.
>>
>>32472177
Try looking up press archives from 2003. The batshit insanity is just boggling.
>>
>>32461710
This anons right. After towers fell the eagle cried and everyone took a side. You were either with America or you were with the freedom hating terrorists. France made a choice and showed their true colors. Or their true color: white, the one you wave when you are surrendering.
>>
>>32472608
>You were either with America or you were with the freedom hating terrorists.
But, anon, the Freedum Hatin' Turrist' were Saddamn Hussein's enemies.
Are you saying that 'Murrica supports Freedum Hatin' Turrist'?
This can't be!
We're supporting the good guys! ©
Just look at Syria!
>>
>>32468586
Ip Man. Chinese Nationalist kung fu garbage.

They literally try to claim that the Chinese single handedly fought off the Japs at the end of the first movie and that some faggots freaky deaky kung fu is what helped.

God I fucking hate Chinks so much. They cannot help but lie, cheat, steal and scam, and unlike jews, there are 1.3 Billion of them.
>>
>>32460163
> It's always the good ones that go first.
Also, want to talk about French hate? Try comparing it to Israelis.
>>
>>32460148
>I think the Country was broken by its experience in the Great War which is a damn shame.
Some days saw more men die in a single day than all the coalition saw in ten years of fighting in Iraq.

A hundred years on, they're still digging up literal tonnes of unexploded ordinance, and it's not unheard of that farmers die when they run into some of it while ploughing their fields.

That's about enough to break most countries.
>>
>>32465122
USA didn't betrayed anyone, one of the tenets of the new world which came after ww2 was that USA, China and the Soviet Union will be the only countries to be able to conduct total, unrestricted warfare thanks to having a shitton of people and natural resources within their own borders. That's why they stripped the european powers of their colonies, without the resouces the colonies provided UK and France went from global powers to just great countries, to the insignificant geopolitcal midgets they are now.
>>
>>32471308
Vous êtes un gros gars?
>>
>>32471801

You think the British were the only people who used that kind of helmet?

Or, more likely, that the film is just inaccurate as fuck because it's just Chinese kung fu propaganda?
>>
Don't forget they ran from Vietnam as well.
>>
>>32471901

>muh France stronk
>France better than everyone
>France did everything better than anyone
>France always first in you loved us for it

Hello Rafalefag.
>>
>>32473117
But china doesn't have a shit ton of natural resources.
>>
French Foreign Legion... just saying...only thing French that doesn't give up when shit gets tough.
>>
>>32473277
You must be 18+ to browse this website.
>>32473154

>muh France stronk
>France better than everyone
>France did everything better than anyone
>France always first in you loved us for it
If you read all that in that post, you should get yourself checked.
>>
>>32473023
>A hundred years on, they're still digging up literal tonnes of unexploded ordinance, and it's not unheard of that farmers die when they run into some of it while ploughing their fields.

It's a weekly occurence for most farmers in the "Westhoek" (near Ypres).
To such extent that the military EOD does not come collect it when they're called, they have trained the farmers instead on how to deal with it & put it in crates next to the road so the EOD can come pick it up once a week.
>>
>>32473579
There's a few millions estimated unexploded shells in the Verdun sector alone, it's insane. 20% of the shells didnt even explode.
>>
File: Iraq War US Media Brainwashing.png (20KB, 501x333px) Image search: [Google]
Iraq War US Media Brainwashing.png
20KB, 501x333px
Amazingly a lot of the modern French reputation in the USA stems from as recently as 2003 when News Corporation, the largest media entity in the USA, started a tirade of anti-French propaganda following Frances refusal to support the invasion of Iraq.
>>
>>32473740
It's been touched upon here >>32472177

Try looking up 2003 press articles, you can taste the insanity.
>>
My guess is the French don't run around invading people without an emperor.

Because they have no emperor they don't play soldier with the rest of the kids and because of that they get called cowards, never mind the fact that most all former nations with colonies let them go a long time ago
>>
>>32473740
What I find rather impressive is the scope of brainwashing achieved by the media. You had people with a good/really good opinion of France, opinion they made by themselves (from personal experiences, curiosity, ...), who suddenly became complete francophobes because the evening news told them to do so.
>>
File: IMG_2526.jpg (64KB, 474x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2526.jpg
64KB, 474x384px
>>32473130
>>
File: IMG_2948.png (221KB, 895x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2948.png
221KB, 895x1000px
>>32472037
>>
>>32473851
It's scary.

People like to think they're free thinkers and not easily duped then you see how easily an entire nation can have its opinion turned hostile against a country they couldn't find on a map.
>>
>>32473851
There were also strings of news, many of which turned out to be complete fabrication, trying to paint France as a secret ally to Saddam Hussein.
Like when the press claimed to have found Roland 2 missiles manufactured in 2002, proving that France provided them for the forthcoming war, eventhough that missile went out of production 10 years before...
And all those tidbits came from "anonymous sources" close to the Pentagon.
Goebbels-tier.
>>
>>32466470
French have a lot of wierdly named wars.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastry_War

>>32472177
That's the first time I've heard applause at the UN.
>>
Frenchfag here, I don't hold grudges against anyone hating my country but I sure do if you hate every Frenchman for no reason.

Whenever you see a retard spouting bullshit, it's generally a leftist or a tanned French. You also believe medias and people who finance medias way too much.

Realistically, I would like France to become more like the US especially in writing a new constitution that would give us a 2A equivalent. We're not too shabby when it comes to firearms but the EU is trying to drown us in restrictions. The situation will never improve without a war. But it's coming.
>>
>>32473917
Do Le Pen and the National Front support loosening gun restrictions?
>>
>>32473970
No they don't, not officially. We speculate that it is the lesser evil, the "less worse" party we could vote for because they want out of the EU. Only some of their reps have shyly said that the EU is bad for trying to ban sport shooting blabla. I don't trust any politics, especially not in our modern societies.

In France, there has been a massive taboo about guns ever since they were restricted by categories in the 90s. Before that, supermarkets had semi-auto 22lr rifles, rem 870s. You could even buy Steyr AUGs and AR-15 chambered in 222rem.

Overall, the situation is explosive. We will probably be the first country to burst into ethnic wars because criminals are not put in jail, cops no longer patrol some no-go zones in some cities for fear of being attacked with molotovs or being shot at. This is no exaggeration by the way, happens every week. You just don't hear about it yet because there has been no confirmed deaths and the medias work hard to silence it. But as I said, it's coming and I'm prepared, at least more than 99% of the population.
>>
>>32458762

TF is up with his mag? does it have some kind of big grip on it?
>>
>>32474021
Adding to that:

Frenchmen generally see guns as evil. The taboo is real because most people are brainwashed, even on the far-right. For them, loosening gun restrictions would probably make terrorists stronger (???)
We have no Castle Doctrine, no Stand Your Ground and self-defense is very hard to prove.
It's sloooowly changing but won't become any better before we endure more terrorist attacks.

There are only 200k sport shooters in France right now, according to the official stats. Among us, some leaked stats have shown that only a tiny fraction went through the paperwork to get a handgun and/or semi-auto rifles (apparently less than ten thousand people and I'm inclined to believe it)
The big gun lobby are the hunters but Big Brother will never take away their guns.
>>
>>32472177
>The calls to invade France made by asshats on TV with fucking Condoleeza Rice (of all people) telling anchors to calm the fuck down. The retarded declarations like "the french are nazis" and "we should have allied with germany" in the same sentence.
>I remember the "today Bagdad tomorrow Paris" written on Abrams guns. The french tourists rolled over on a beach by a SUV. The countless assaults of french people in there. Those who got mistreated because they were french. The retarded autism like "burn a peugeot for peace" or throwing wine into the streets...

none of this ever happened you schizophrenic
>>
>Franco-Prussian War
>WW2
>1st Indochinese War
>Algeria

They have a recent history of getting rekt, unfortunately.
>>
>>32474118
Sadly, there's no exageration there.
>>
File: azrLrXb_700b.jpg (173KB, 596x1663px) Image search: [Google]
azrLrXb_700b.jpg
173KB, 596x1663px
>>32474118
Hmmm
>>
File: introFrKen.jpg (48KB, 600x470px) Image search: [Google]
introFrKen.jpg
48KB, 600x470px
>>32474093
>200k sport shooters
Shit, that's tiny.

We've got about 800k in Australia I think, but with a third of the population. We can't really get semi-automatic rifles though, unfortunately.

You can't really underestimate how stupid Australian gun laws are, and our politicians actually brag how we're the strictest in the western world, like extremism of any kind is a good thing.

>>32474118
>none of this ever happened you schizophrenic
Actually, he's right. You guys went completely off the rails for a few years.
>>
Hey guys, actual french soldier here. I'd like to tell you that we don't give a fuck about amerishart's opinions.
We are the successors of the Francs, the best warrior that lived on earth.
The last defenders of the Führer Bunker were french and the french SS were some of the most glorious Waffen SS.
We would never have liberated you from the brits in the first place, if we knew how much of some fat cum stains you'd become.
Thanks for having "liberated" us, by bombing our citizens and your own people you mostly originate from, the germans.
The US is a joke, it's actually just a colony of Israel.
So have fun repeating your dumb Simpson's quote because that's literally history to you and if you really want to enjoy WW2 results, then go live in Detroit, you vulgar pieces of lard.
>>
>>32474142
>Algeria
They gained independence without ever getting the French rekt.
>first indochina war
That would be the cochinchina campaign.
>>
>>32474192
Is this a pasta?
>>
>>32458901
>US
>respectable fighting record

I know this is an american dominated board but still, I thought the memes about american education are just memes
>>
>>32473160
I wasn't at Malta that day when they were reshaping the world to tell them, sorry...
>>
File: 1448491406017.jpg (8KB, 157x191px) Image search: [Google]
1448491406017.jpg
8KB, 157x191px
>>32471622
>First or second Ip Man movie
>What movie?
Jesus cock-gobbling Christ. What the fuck is wrong with people these days? He said where it was from you fucking troglodyte.
>>
>>32474192
>image related
Top kek
>>
>>32474444
Every time I looked it up I got some weird IT guy
>>
>>32474496
Your google-fu is severely lacking, because I can't get anything but the actual guy and the movie.
>>
>>32474778
Maybe I'm typing it wrong
>>
>>32458762
In ww1 they pushed there men to breaking point and mutined the men were fighting there for 2 or three years without break some didnt even shower or even shave there are photos of these men. Anyway they gave up mutanied and shit then the british and the mericans arived and aaved the day
>>
>>32458860
Dont forget vietnam too

They used to harvest rice and send it all to france while the viets starved
>>
>>32465903
>>32466185
>>32468586
>>32471622
>>32474496
>>32474444
>>32474778

The problem is that movie isn't Ip Man, it's Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen, and this part of the movie lasts like five minutes because it has nothing to do with the rest of the movie. The confusion may be because it's the same actor in both.

Also the gun scenes are terrible because it's a kung fu movie.
>>
>>32472621

The end result when someone from one nation watches some other nation's propaganda.

It's almost as if you weren't the intended audience.
>>
File: 1471132656828.jpg (88KB, 431x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471132656828.jpg
88KB, 431x600px
>>32474831
>In ww1 they pushed there men to breaking point and mutined the men were fighting there for 2 or three years without break some didnt even shower or even shave there are photos of these men

The frogs had a very strict rotation system, ensuring that men would rotate to the rear of the lines at fixed intervals.So no, while they were in near-constant service, they were not in combat without breaks.
Mutiny did take place, but not over what you say.

The germans on the other hand murdered their elite before realizing that they should rotate troops instead of filling up damaged units with new troops. Idiots.
>>
>>32458762
Because people who think this are uneducated retards.
If they were in the same situations as the frogs were in those contexts they would've done the same if not earlier.
>>
>>32474966
IIRC, at Verdun, every unit was rotated from first line after 2 or 3 weeks.
Ultimately it meant that about 3/4th of the French army of that time went through Verdun.
The Germans weren't so lucky.
>>
>>32472608
And then america and the coalition totally btfo the terrorists in Irak which prevented lsis from existing and Afghanistan was a mistake cause Bin Laden was hidden in Mosul
>oh wait
>>
>>32474093
>tfw grandma had a trenchgun mp40 with mags and grenades that my parents gave to the gendarmes when she died
>>
>>32475938
Kill your parents.
>>
>>32475970
Planning on getting a licence and BP guns as soon as I get a job
>finishing college
More and more people around me seem to get interest in guns though, shtf atmosphere I guess
>>
>>32458901
"respectable" lol that gave me a laugh The US did a lot of not respectable things that just are not talked about that much
>>
>>32458762
to be honest the reason they surrendered is Germany was utterly slaughtering them. The french and British were not ready for Germany and Germany did quite some damage
>>
File: Go0Es2P.gif (1MB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
Go0Es2P.gif
1MB, 380x380px
They got fucked in the Franco-Prussian war and WWII but I feel that WWI and Napoleon make up for it. The French had a pretty good army throughout history, respectively.
>>
>>32474093
You apparently know nothing of french legitime defense laws.

And good job on putting all the hunters under the rug, despite France being the european country with the biggest hunting population, bigger even than Russia.
>>
>>32476174
>You apparently know nothing of french legitime defense laws
What about guns ?
>>
>>32476174
>Be jeweler
>Be robbed
>Shoot thief
>Get arrested

Bienvenue en France, mère-baiseur.
>>
File: 1430104701478.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1430104701478.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>32476897
>mère-baiseur
>>
>>32473917
>muh EU Is reponsible for everything

You know who started that shit? Cazeneuve himself. Now he is prime minister and Le Roux, another extreme antigunner, is minister of interior. Guess what's going to happen to French gun laws, regardless of what the EU does or doesn't do? That's right, we are losing pretty much every gun in category B, that's their final gift to us before the left is kicked off the power.
>>
>>32476174
No one gives a shit about hunters and their shitty guns. They don't give a fuck about gun rights as long as they can keep their retarded shotguns. The Guillaume Tell comitee, an hunting association, has been fucking over gun owners for decades.

>the state is completely right to restrict or ban those evils assault guns, as long as they don't touch our hunting guns!
>>
>google up french WW1 casualties
>during WW1, more than half of service-aged (18-28) French males were killed or permanently disabled.

Holy fuck-nuggets.
>>
>>32458925
>being irrelevant/ carrying water for colonial masters
>>
>>32477206
t. lost the one and only war you waged against Canada
>>
File: WW1 BE & FE.png (24KB, 516x486px) Image search: [Google]
WW1 BE & FE.png
24KB, 516x486px
>>32477177
Out of a population of 40 millions it quickly add up, same for the UK.

The 22 August 1914 is still the worst day in history for the French army with 27,000 dead.
>>
>>32458925
>the Swiss
You mean the country that completely sat out both World Wars and whose military acumen past the Renaissance has solely consisted of shooting protesters within its own capitol city? mmkay. They have not deployed a combat ready force outside their own borders since 1814.
>Canada
You mean the country whose sole claim to fame is +1'ing the already-winning side with token manpower through every single conflict in its entire history? I mean, even in the War of 1812 fewer Canadians fought than any other country (or two indian tribes), and it was a war fought MOSTLY IN CANADA.

Both countries, while having "winning" track records, are completely militarily irrelevant. Neither has EVER had notable quantity or quality of expeditionary forces, neither has ever had to defend its homeland against invasion, and neither has fought a war without another nation providing the overwhelming majority of manpower or materiel.
>>
>>32458762
>pretty much rolled out the red carpet for Ze Germans (inb4 resistance, yes, I know)
>Vichy France
>starting shit in indochina and sticking the rest of NATO with the bill when they ghosted
>strategic incompetence in every post-Napoleonic conflict despite generally good tactical performance
>"the only French general to ever win a battle wasn't French by birth" (napoleon, also incorrect but that quote's been around since WW1)
Like most good rumors/memes/fables, there's a bit of truth and a lot of embellishment to it.
>>
>>32461887
...except France is in northern Africa, not the Middle East.
>inb4 Mali
Mali is in fucking Africa you uneducated twat.
>>
>>32458762
Bad performance in WW1, WW2, and French Indochina. They might have somewhat redeemed themselves in Mali, but that's considered a police action, and they're did it with French gear which is naturally awful.

And I promise not to mention Libya which started off as a French action and ended in Americans supplying the French with fuel and munitions because they ran out.
>>
>>32477273
>took over a hundred thousand square miles of land and forced an almost unconditional Canadian surrender after encircling and beseiging the French capitol
>forced 6 other major-power nations to provide 3x more manpower and materiel than the Canadians had total in support of Canada
>officially fought against Britain/the UK as a whole, not Canada specifically
>lost
I don't think you know what that word means.
>>
>>32477799
Wrong, France is in both.
There's even a French artillery unit near Mosul, getting multiple fire missions a day since september.
>>
>>32458860
The reason France surrendered in WWII was because they fought so hard in WWI and were tired of war.
>>
>>32477872
>being upset
I understand, it was pretty embarrassing.
>>
File: IMG_2883.jpg (105KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2883.jpg
105KB, 800x999px
>>32477817
>bad performance in ww1
>>
File: IMG_2748.jpg (67KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2748.jpg
67KB, 1024x724px
>>
>>32476897
>Be robbed.
>Wait until the robber has exited and shoot him in the back in a well-frequented street.
That has nothing to do with Stand Your Ground or Castle Doctrine and you know it.
>>
While I see many americans ITT being decent and having common sense, my God, how many others are showing their utter ignorance and sheer stupidity. It's hard to fathom such ignorance, in the Information Age.
I'm mad and I'm not even french
>>
>>32473146
No they were not the only ones, but the french had their own helmet, the Adrian, in ww1. As anon >>32474895 mentionned the movie is Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen. Here's what to read about it :
>Its opening scene, placing Chinese laborers in the middle of a World War I battle between Germans and retreating French
So WW1 it is.
Well I may be wrong but I never heard of an occurence where french soldiers wore a brodie helmet in ww1. Before the Adrian they wore a piece of metal called cervellière which looked nothing like a brodie helmet. It was a retarded cupola placed under their kepis and berets.
So this is just wrong. Maybe the movie director had no money for accessories and no one told him it was an historical mistake, sure. But hey, can't you see the irony here ? Especially when the goal is to bash the french ? Both my great grand fathers were in Verdun. I guess they retreated. Oh wait.
>>32473154
if you consider prentending France isn't entirely shit (and god knows it got its fair share of shitty stuff) equals being a nationalist, I bet you're also screaming YOU'RE FUCKING WHITE at people in the streets while being white yourself.
>>32472590
thanks for noticing. Hopefully this shit kinda backfired when US civilian support to the war faded in 2006/2007. But yes, other than that it was crazy as fuck.
>>32472590
Pretty much this.
>>32473903
Yes it is said to have been the first time, but considering the shitshow the UN is, I wouldn't take this as a compliment anyway.
Fun fact : Dominique de Villepin was a very good friend of Colin Powell. The WMD shitshow ended their relationship.
However I also met military french people upset they couldn't go in Iraq to show what they were capable of because of this diplomatic posture.
>>32474118
t. "I was still in my father's balls in 2003"
>>32474146
>>32474159
>>32474163
Thanks anons
>>32474192
Nice retardated pasta you nazi faggot.
>>32481871
ditto
>>
>>32482501
>However I also met military french people upset they couldn't go in Iraq to show what they were capable of because of this diplomatic posture.
I know for a fact that before the UN speech, tank units were already painting their Leclerc in desert camo + coalition markings.
>>
>>32464974
North Vietnam sure recognized South Vietnam in 1975
>>
>>32482608
I don't know about leclercs, but I know this happened with several dozens of AMX10RC and VAB from other cavalry and motorised infantry regiments, yes.
To this day I still wonder what kind of orders were given, and by who.
No-one was placed under "alerte guépard" either. Which meant no preparation to deploy.

Given the official french diplomatic position there must have been some sort of power struggle, however no one in the french political class, right or left, was favorable to this war except for a tiny minority of liberal-globalists (the like of Clinton and her clique to give you an idea) with no political power but some mediatic influence. Taking this into account, these preparations make no sense.

I know Sarkozy "the american" and future french PR was a supporter of this war, but he meant jackshit politically back then. And in 2007 main combat operations were over.

So yeah, these events are still kinda mysterious.
>>
>>32482501
Protip: it's not a pasta, you piece of shiet.
>>
>>32482748
I remember reading an interview from one of Chirac's aides recalling when the decision was taken.

At the time, allegedly Chirac was on the fence, and he only needed the Americans to be more forthcoming about their motivations and what they knew. He got stonewalled, which made him suspicious, and what sealed the deal was a phone call to Bush jr. where Bush wasnt anymore forthcoming and made an obscure biblical reference to Iraq being the country of "Gog and Magog", which ultimately made him realize that they had their heads completely up their own asses about exporting democracy in that area of the globe and that they were going to fuck things up on an epic scale for years to come because of a decidedly naïve and dangerous outlook on the middle-east.

Lo and behold, almost 14 years later we're still paying the price.
>>
>>32482869
Here it is
http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/politique/chirac-bush-et-l-apocalypse_746203.html
>>
>>32482878
Same one in english
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/andrewbrown/2009/aug/10/religion-george-bush
>>
>>32482904
http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2009/08/agog_over_bushs_comments_on_go.html
This one's better.
>>
>>32482754
Alors t'es vraiment un teubé de la vie mon gars. En plus de dire un paquet de merde. Et je ne dédouane personne. Mais prendre le parti des nazis parce que les ricains ont causé du tord à la France, c'est faire preuve d'une bien courte vue.

>>32482869
Chirac was a fucker on so many levels, but he knew how to play the game quite much.
>>32482878
>>32482904
>>32482914
I remember this, un-fucking-believable.
Hopefully Bush wasn't a muslim, he would have started ISIS in America.
>>
>>32458762
>>
>>32482914
>>32482904
Well, in a State of the Union address Bush did say that god told him to invade Iraq. It was nice having a secular monkey for 8 years...
>>
File: tmp_26485-27460793677.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_26485-27460793677.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>32482991
>dire un paquet de merde
Tout ce que j'ai dit est vrai, alors dément ou tais-toi.

>prendre le parti des nazis parce que les ricains ont causé du tord à la France
Non, parce que c'est clair comme le jour que le National-Socialisme était et est le salut de la race Blanche.

>c'est faire preuve d'une bien courte vue
Tout l'inverse, en imaginant que tu sois Blanc, les tiens seront une minorité opressée d'ici très peu de temps en France, comme c'est déjà le cas dans des tonnes de quartiers.
>>
File: 1472583935824.jpg (132KB, 630x395px) Image search: [Google]
1472583935824.jpg
132KB, 630x395px
>>32483718
>je me fait bolosser par les noir et les arabes car j'ai pas de couilles le poste
t. fragile
>>
>>32458860
>ww1
>>
>>32472177
>The calls to invade France made by asshats on TV with fucking Condoleeza Rice (of all people) telling anchors to calm the fuck down. The retarded declarations like "the french are nazis" and "we should have allied with germany" in the same sentence.
This is a lot like the kind of feverish shit that was spouted by Trump and his campaign.
>>
>>32482501

I wouldn't exactly put any effort in being offended by asian movie directors having action pieces in set in Europe, they don't exactly have a lot of surplus to work with.

For example, the same movie features German and French troops killing each other with Type 38 Arisakas in the middle of WW1.

Some other good moments include a "French" machine gun unit with brodie helmets, Type 24 HMGs, and SMLEs mowing down a "German" attack of what would actually be a great representation of 1940 Nationalist Chinese infantry complete with uniform, helmets and weapons. And Chinese people.

I don't really think it's a question of money, I just don't think they have access to the surplus in great numbers due to where they're filming. There was a big budget Korean film recently that had American GIs storming Omaha beach with some of them carrying Kar98s.
>>
>>32483718
>Être milouf
>Être à ce point à droite
>Être autant anti-US

Wew lad. Tu dois être le roi du régiment.
>>
>>32461689
>getting shot with a bullet that's slower than your airplane
>>
>>32472955
>"Waah, everyone hates us, MUH ANTISEMITISM! We don't answer to anybody because we're better than everyone else!"
>>
>>32483551
Except said secular monkey is still in Iraq, Afghanistan and now in Syria as well.
>>32485394
Yep, definitely not sound like the russian hackers narrative currently spouted by liberals.
>>
File: IMG_2821.jpg (276KB, 1920x1324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2821.jpg
276KB, 1920x1324px
>>
>>32478870
Or because their armies were completely surrounded by superior german tactics, and at the fault of their piss poor politician "generals"

Literally, the only actual units who stood their ground were Bongs and French units commanded by bongs or advised
>>
File: 5432543254325.gif (439KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
5432543254325.gif
439KB, 500x281px
>>32460163
american based board.

americans think the french are pussies. idk why as an american. but thats whatever
>>
>>32493318
Though the french army was poorly commanded (and by old farts, too. Generalissimo Gamelin was 68 years old in 1940), the second part of your post is uniformed bullshit.
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.