[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up /k/. I got the barrel on my shotgun stuck without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0811.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0811.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I fucked up /k/.

I got the barrel on my shotgun stuck without the hand guard on when trying to put it back together. The threads got locked into the barrel. So I hit it with a hammer and now cant fit more than 1 shell in the plug area. Oh, I also fucked up the firing pin but managed to find the spring and holding pin and put those together. I'm supposed to duck hunt tomorrow and I'm worried about glocknading my gun. Help me unfuck it please.

Pic related is the plug stuck in the handguard thing. I tried putting a shotgun shell in and that didn't work so I tried tapping the shell with a hammer to maybe push the plug back and that didn't work either. Wat do?
>>
>>32457957
And what did we learn? To read the fucking manual. Never ever use a hammer ever when you didn't need one to take it apart. Disassemble it if you can and read the manual or pull up youtube.
>>
>>32457983
Are you telling me to use the hammer again to fix it? Because that's how it got stuck to begin with.

Btw, the guns a Benelli. I can hunt with 2 shots no problem but I'd rather this be fixed. Also I don't want to blow up my gun. Tell me what I need to fix it please.
>>
>>32458025
Jesus fucking christ, you're a wreck. IMO you need more training/experience before you handle shit out in the world

1. Take gun apart. Do not use hammer
2. Sob in shame for ruining a great shotgun
3. Clean and treat your Benelli with love and respect
4. Put shotgun back together the correct way, without a hammer
5. Throw away your hammer, or chop off your hammering hand

If it works fine when properly assembled, then good. If it doesn't, do not attempt to shoot your shotgun and take it to a gunsmith unloaded. If your retarded brain thinks you again need hammer to disassemble gun, do not use hammer and bring to gunsmith. You need to learn an expensive lesson. If you shoot the gun and lose some fingers, or blow it up, or bow the barrel, you will learn an even more expensive lesson.
>>
>>32458085
It's the plug that's fucked up. The action works fine and didn't get hammered. Will it not being able to hold more than one shell cause it to blow up? Yes or no?
>>
Don't let other people get you down, OP. Just the other day I was disassembling my rifle for the first time and decided to use a hacksaw to remove the barrel. Later, when I went to put it all back together, the barrel wouldn't go back on for some reason.

To try to get my mind off of my slip up, I decided to try to redo the finish on the stock, so in order to remove old finish I set it on fire, which oddly enough didn't work as well I thought it would.
>>
>>32458125
What model benelli do you have? Take it completely apart, assemble correctly (Mag tube and all). Re-fitting may solve your problem. If it doesn't more than likely the metal will need to be cut to fit. But with the stupidity I've read so far I'm not going to say all you fucked up is a plug.
>>
>>32458220
The Super Black Eagle II...
>>
>>32457957
Show timestamped pic of shot gat.
>>
>>32458025
>the guns a benelli
You managed to fuck it up and it isn't even a mossberg? Fuck anon. What else have you failed at in life?
>>
File: IMG_0813.jpg (2MB, 3021x3258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0813.jpg
2MB, 3021x3258px
>>32458470
Hammer for scale.

As you can see, no plug in end of gun due to hammering which I now know was a bad idea.
>>
>>32457957
>Screws in improperly
>Hammer it the rest of the way in
You fail at basic comprehension of how things work. If something is meant to be screwed, don't fucking hammer it.

Now do what >>32458085 said.
>>
The Gun is ruined, but Ill by it at a high price of 100 bucks, and take the lump of metal off of you.
>>
I bet you could fuck up a wet dream OP
>>
>>32458611
Didn't you just get that too ?
>>
File: 1343532613195.jpg (12KB, 205x238px) Image search: [Google]
1343532613195.jpg
12KB, 205x238px
>>32458700
Like Christ, If you have a question about the gun, ask the gun store or fucking youtube it. There is nothing wrong about asking questions, but if you try to fix every thing with a hammer, you have a lot to fucking learn in life.
>>
>>32458700
No. I've actually had it for 6 or 7 years. I've just never taken it apart before.
>>
>>32458738
Wut

>>32458740
Oh alright my bad
>>
>>32458740
Don't take this the wrong way, but; you failed at describing the problem.

So post pic that isn't zoomed in so far that we can count threads.

And/or slow down on the description. What specifically were you hitting with the hammer?
What does the barrel have to do with anything if we are talking about the magazine tube?
>>
>>32458850
The barrel slides over the magazine tube. The handguard is attatched to barrel and also slides into it. I put the barrel on with no handguard. The ring that fits over the end of the magazine tube slid down the threads and got stuck because I didn't have the handguard there. I try to get it off but it doesn't budge. I beat the magazine tube/handguard with a hammer until it slid off the threads. I inadvertently caused the plug on one end to get stuck halfway down the magazine tube because I hit it with a hammer. Plug won't move no matter what I try. Gun is correctly reassembled except for that now. Gun only fits one 3" shell in tube when it should fit two 3 1/2".

Better?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.