[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you die, your family will turn your guns over to the cops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: da_sorry.gif (4KB, 160x110px) Image search: [Google]
da_sorry.gif
4KB, 160x110px
When you die, your family will turn your guns over to the cops for disposal because they aren't interested in keeping dangerous weapons in their homes. What will be the biggest tragedy for you personally, knowing it's going to be destroyed?

For me it's my first gun, my 10/22. Not a huge financial loss by any means, but it has always fired perfectly, tight groupings. I even added modified parts to it to make it more efficient, not that anyone in my family would know or care. Oh well, gotta have fun while it lasts.
>>
>>32457585
If, and that's a big if, my kids are a bunch of pansy assed fucks then I'm putting all my guns sealed up in my coffin and maybe my grand kids will decipher my clues and find my tomb Terminator style.
>>
>>32457585
>implying
I specifically told my mom not to do this and she said that she wouldn't have ever thought to. My father, stepfather, and stepmother all like guns so they would split them among themselves.
>>
>>32458510
To add to this:
>not giving your guns away before you die if you think your family will destroy them
>>
>When you die, your family will turn your guns over to the cops for disposal because they aren't interested in keeping dangerous weapons in their homes.

No, they will sell them with the rest of the estate which is itemized in my will. If I had no relatives I'd will my estate to the local DAV for auction.
>>
When I die my family would actually fight over who gets what from my collection. Some of those Winchesters have been in the family since new, 110 yrs+.
>>
>>32457585
I'll be dead. I won't give a shit.
>>
>implying mere mortal
kek
>>
>>32458680
There can be only one
>>
Write a letter with specific instructions about what is to happen to your property upon your death. Have it witnessed. Have it notorized. Give a copy to your primary doctor, keep one in your gun safe, give one to all friends/family who are important, and discuss it with those who are next of kin or are of importance in your life.
>>
>>32458756
Yeah like a fucking piece of paper will mean anything to anyone in your family who doesn't give a fuck. My grandma willed that she be buried with implicit instructions for this and that when she died. Her son just cremated her, sealed her ashes in a glorified tuperware jar and had her lain to rest in an unmarked burial plot. So much for official papers, huh?
>>
>>32458833

You should put power of attorney in your will and this letter. Then that shit should not happen.
>>
>>32458833
Uh, you can sue for that, you understand right?
>>
>>32457585
>implying I won't be buried with them.

Barring that, I'll just give em to someone who will appreciate them.
>>
Wills don't mean shit. Create a living trust.
>>
>>32458915
>>32457644
This

My guns are going with me to the great beyond.
>>
I often fantasize about leaving my collection in a cache somewhere in the wilderness or somewhere in an abandoned part of the city, off the beaten path but not 100% unmarked. I dream of some vagrants passing near there one evening in the dark future and discovering it while seeking shelter from the storm. They'd pick through the meager collection and divvy it among themselves, grateful for their luck and praying silent prayers to the one who blessed them with a slight edge in their already uncertain survival. Of course there would be that one guy who would be pissed he got stuck with the nugget covered in pony stickers and with the dragon dildo stuck on the end of it, but he'd have to get over it quick if he wanted to survive the raid on their encampment at dawn.
>>
>>32459585
>taking your guns to the grave
>not wanting them to live on for many more years
How will the next generation get vintage firearms?
>>
>>32458855
>dead
>suing somebody

kek
>>
Create a trust that owns my firearms.
Set it up so the benefactor would be my estate and the trustee would be a gun shop upon my death (before that both are myself).
Leave instructions that upon my death, all trust assets are to be liquidated and then the trust is to be dissolved into my estate.

Simple solution. Should someone in my family proceed to destroy or hand over a gun to the police, they have committed a crime and the trustee (which is a gun shop who would be loosing money) could press charges.

The thing is I have to make this clear in the will and to my family, that the guns aren't directly owned by me and upon my death the estate does not have direct control over them.
>>
>>32457585
My guns will be given directly to my best friend
>>
>>32458833
>Grandma was a stupid fuck that didn't submit power of attorney to her grandkids
That's why you spent all that time with your grandkids when they're young, so they are like you.

Kids are usually fucked by the time they're middle aged, so you gotta allocate for the youths.
>>
>>32460513
When they bust open my tomb and fight back against the hordes of feminists with the arsenal that is within.
>>
>>32457585
I will have a clause in my will that states my firearms must be donated or sold to a dealer who will take care of them and find them new homes if my kids land up being pansy cucks.
>>
File: srt.jpg (70KB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
srt.jpg
70KB, 1280x534px
>>32460206
or like hatchet jack did...lord hope it be a white man.
>>
>>32458833
>implicit instructions
That's not the way to go
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.