[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> be me > buy ar15 > no sights, better start shopping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 20161206_233929-2268x3024.jpg (1MB, 2268x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161206_233929-2268x3024.jpg
1MB, 2268x3024px
> be me
> buy ar15
> no sights, better start shopping
> see railed gas block
> I want to kill myself

Is there front sights that act like a gas block?
>>
>>32454666
Never heard of the M16?

Triangle block, silly anon
>>
>>32454666
And that is why you build your AR and not buy your optics only Walmart special that probably only half runs any way like OP did
>>
Yes, there is the standard Front Sight Base/gas block. They are typically pinned to the barrel, but you can get them that fasten by set screw.

There are gas blocks with folding sights, but I'm not sure how well they would actually hold up.

If you are planning on further upgrades down the line, you could just get a low profile gas block with a longer free float tube to go over it. Then mount your sights to the tube.
>>
>railed GB
>"optic-ready"
>16" carbine gas
>FDE
Shit came right out of 2009, Jesus...
>>
>>32454666
Am I retarded? What's the problem? Just buy a pair of BUIS and mount the front one on the gas block rail.
>>
>>32454750
That's the problem: I heard that the heat could fuck up the front sight
>>
File: 1474031201236.jpg (120KB, 974x502px) Image search: [Google]
1474031201236.jpg
120KB, 974x502px
Why do people still buy railed gas block ar's?

And basically all of this >>32454737
>>
>>32454666
>Is there front sights that act like a gas block?
Yes, it's called the A2 front sight.
>>
>>32454764
Just buy a metal one like the MBUS pro, they're steel I think. Fixed FSBs are metal and they don't melt from heat coming off the gas tube, why would a metal railed gas block?

More importantly, why the fuck did you buy it if it's not what you wanted? The elections over, theres no reason to make rash decisions and panic when buying your first AR.
>>
>>32454790
I bought this a week before election. If I had known the outcome, I would of studied different brands and compared as such
>>
>>32454666
>magpul moe furniture
>railed gas block
>16 inch carbine gas
is this the official poorfag/babby's first armalite setup?
>>
>>32454805
You still fucked up waiting that long, every election causes a panic, but either way it's still not a big deal. Just get some MBUS pros, or any other metal irons. If you manage to melt them from firing the gun before your gas tube explodes, post pictures here and I'll personally buy you new sights.
>>
>>32454834
You got it, thanks
>>
>>32454834
Same OP

There are a pair or troy front and back sights for sale on my local armslist for 100 and I might haggle. Would that be an alternative?
>>
another option is to buy a lo profile gasblock and free float rail. both of which you can get under $100 total depending on your choices. out it on and dont worry about it.
>>
>>32454902
/k/ hates Troy because someone in the company was involved in the Ruby ridge massacre or something.

Instead of fucking around on Armslist and probably getting fakes, just buy new sights on primary arms or any of the million other gun parts websites for around the same amount of money.
>>
>>32454937
>/k/ hates Troy because someone in the company was involved in the Ruby ridge massacre or something.
Some low level faggot was there and that's why they hate Troy.
>>
>>32454943
Yeah I think so, but I really don't give a shit what /k/ likes and what /k/ doesn't like. Just figured id let him know why before he gets a bunch of replies that are just
>Troy
And assumes that means they're shit. And I don't have Troy anything myself so inb4 fanboi, I've got MBUS pros and they work find but I don't really like the sight picture on them.
>>
PRI Flip up front sight gas block is GOAT.
>>
That carbine gas setup is worse than the railed gas block. I actually like low profile gas blocks with an extended free float, offset irons, with midlength gas system.
>>
>>32454943
The hate comes from Troy having long since stagnated in their offerings while still charging premium prices. Their rails, sighs, and rifles have long since been surpassed by others that cost the same if not less. A Troy Micro BUIS set costs $40 more than a MBUS PRO, for example, even though the former has performed markedly worse in drop-tests.
>>
>>32454666
get a pair of magpul pro sights and call it a day. anons on here will rage at you for either being poor, for making the wrong choices, or being out of date. it's a rifle from the 1950's with plastic furniture you got for hopefully a decent price and any in spec rifle will work pretty well so they can stfu.

troy, magpul, kac, and many others make front and rear flip up sights that will work for you. avoid plastic front sights as they can melt - the gas block gets really hot.
>>
>>32457777
No, the hate existed years ago and it was specifically because of some Ruby Ridge combatant being a loading dock worker or some shit.

I don't recommend Troy, but hating them for that reason is retarded.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.