[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the US Army recently re-organized their forces. BCT's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 3rdIDstructure.png (101KB, 1592x968px) Image search: [Google]
3rdIDstructure.png
101KB, 1592x968px
So the US Army recently re-organized their forces.

BCT's (Brigade Combat Teams) were drawn down, with divisions having 3 BCT's instead of 4. However, the BCT's were fattened up, with 3 infantry battalions each instead of 2. Also, artillery in BCT's were aligned under Divisional Artillery now.

My question is why did they do this? The US Army now focuses on Brigades, with Divisions being almost meaningless now, as Divisions don't deploy with all their units...more so just Divisional HQ to C2 the assets in an AOR into which they are assigned.

Pic related
>>
File: 2nd_US_Marine_Division.png (60KB, 1276x750px) Image search: [Google]
2nd_US_Marine_Division.png
60KB, 1276x750px
Also, I want to bring up USMC structure. While the US Army has changed it's brigades at least twice in the past decade, the USMC has remained unchanged through it all. A USMC division consists of 3 infantry regiments of Marines, an artillery regiment, and some attached independent battalions such as a LAR (Light Armored Recon), Recon Battalion, a tank Battalion, Amphib Assault Battalion and Engineer battalion.

Why hasn't the USMC updated itself? Is it because USMC divisions align with MEF {Marine Expeditionary Forces) while US Army Divisions don't align under a specific rotational expeditionary force?
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
>>32452414
Weren't the Marines killing off their amphib battallions?
>>
>>32452414
>Why hasn't the USMC updated itself?
they're trying desperately to not be exposed for how thoroughly redundant they are
>>
>>32452573
Kinda agree. When was the last time the Marines did a medium to large scale amphibious landing? Or any other marine specific stuff. It seems like a slightly more specific army than anything.
>>
>>32452586
Daily reminder that the largest amphibious assault in history was carried out by the army.
>>
>>32452414
>why haven't Marines?

They don't have as many officers trying to make a name for themselves and getting those sweet oer bullets.

>literally why vernacular changes
>warning order is called WARNO
>some pog ass officer decides that's not good enough and changes it to WARNORD
This is the shit I deal with.
>>
>>32452636
Sounds like the Marines trying to mirror literally every other branch. Everyone else does WARNORD, OPORD, etc
>>
>>32452680
I think his point was that Marines don't do that though.
>>
When will they get rid of light infantry brigades?
>>
>>32452586
in ww2 just like the same time we last used nukes and had a big naval battle, we should just get rid of the marines ships and nukes its not like we use them :^)
>>
>>32453075
the marines may be incompetent buffoons but they are the whitest branch, and the least cucked

So before we abolish the marines, they need to teach the rest of the military how to kick women out/put the shitskins in their place.
>>
>>32452414
Why do they have all tanks bunched up into a separate tank battalion?

Isnt the tanks always distributed out with the infantry anyway?
>>
Ayyyyy I'm in 1/30th, 2nd brigade 3rd ID. This is changing again btw, 2nd brigade is becoming an armored brigade combat team
>>
>>32453088
>whitest branch, and the least cucked
>full of spics
>full of dumb niggers looking for welfare and pussy

yea ok.
>>
>>32453185
They are for deployments, I imagine it's for administrative purposes that they're separate though.
>>
>>32453185
To fight the Russians. Not even kidding.
In that combat team you'll see infantry there who support tanks.

If the tanks are partitioned across the division then they will be supporting the infantry.

Realize the second scenario though creates a large strain. Infantry logistics are much more simple than armored logistics. A tank platoon will dry an infantry battalions alloted fuel for the fiscal quarter in a single week. Parts procurement and track mechanics also need to be shifted. Priority of parts needs to be readjusted. So it takes a lot of smart people who understand capabilities to make it work.

Simpler to keep it all under the same flag pole. In the army, simple is best.
>>
>>32453552
Yeah, thats what I thoght too. But if thats the case, why not have every type separate if it helps administration and you just mix everything up when you deploy anyway.

I get that you need to adapt your organization depending on your mission but doesnt pretty much all missions include that combo?
>>
I think people also need to realize that organization and doctrine aren't set in stone. Just because this is how its organized on paper doesn't mean this is how they will be tasked out. With both the Army and USMC
>>
>>32453308

A super majority of minorities aren't in combat arms and stick back in the rear. Combat arms is almost ubiquitously white with a very small percentage of spics and blacks.
>>
>>32453308
No, the USMC has the most whites of any service.

You'd know that if you did a simple google search you fucking retarded hooah. I bet you're a cav scout. Its always cav scouts.
http://www.statisticbrain.com/demographics-of-active-duty-u-s-military/
>>
>>32453629

Logistics wins wars m8
>>
Why does everyone shit on the Marines for being redundant? Isn't redundancy and even a little competition between infantry a good thing in war?
The hardcore devildog attitude might be a little cringy but aren't they an important recruiting tool?
>>
>>32453075
I didn't mention anything about getting rid of them anon. They are redundant in some ways as the other anon said but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Then again the boots on the ground approach is a lot of coin operations these days so either force can do it.
>>
>>32453620
That might be why the army is always changing it.
>>
>>32453661
They need to be marines again. They're too bloated. They fat needs to be trimmed and they need to be more mobile. Im saying this as a muhreen.

also pls put in attrition rate in SOI and make it longer by 2-3 weeks thx.
>>
>>32452404
So bottom line up front, BCTs are meant to simplify the deployment process. Instead of picking and choosing units from a DIV structure, everyone is already under a pre-determined Chain of Command and has already gone through all the necessary certification paths for deployment (Gunnery, NTC, etc).

Add that the BCTs are designed as either an ABCT, SBCT, or IBCT, and higher commanders (DIV+) can pick and choose what force structure they want.

Think plug and play.
>>
>>32453635
You know that your link is listing hispanics as "White", right ?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.