[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've bought a stripped AR-15 lower What now? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: 858.jpg (82KB, 725x720px) Image search: [Google]
858.jpg
82KB, 725x720px
I've bought a stripped AR-15 lower

What now? I don't even know what I want.
>>
You spend ridiculous amounts of time autistically researching every component's pros and cons and then make your decision, in the end spending twice as much as you originally planned.
>>
File: 7.jpg (58KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
58KB, 433x380px
>>32452052
Maybe I should've just bought a completed ak

I thought it would be cheaper this way but it seems completed guns are cheaper
>>
File: 7258641110_0c8ede3682_b.jpg (316KB, 1024x635px) Image search: [Google]
7258641110_0c8ede3682_b.jpg
316KB, 1024x635px
>>32452064
>I thought it would be cheaper this way but it seems completed guns are cheaper

Not necessarily, if you hunt for deals & don't let yourself be convinced by /k/ that you shouldn't settle for "good enough" parts, you'll be fine.
But the more research you do, the more likely you are to get convinced to spend more money on minor upgrades, which in the end start costing quite a bit of money for fairly little improvement. Diminishing returns, after all.
>>
File: t91.jpg (19KB, 550x265px) Image search: [Google]
t91.jpg
19KB, 550x265px
I'm waiting for WPA to import the T91 complete uppers. Will build one into a rifle, and then buy two more just to hold onto and sell once they stop importing them and the prices go up.
>>
>>32452031
What lower did you get?
>>
>>32452088
An Anderson stripped lower for 50 bucks

I was at the store and they had them in stock so I just decided to get one

>>32452078
I know PSA is a big source for uppers and I have looked there a bit just not sure what I want besides that I probably want no standard big ole fixed front sight in my way.
>>
>>32452100
get a jizz trigger and a nice LPK
I like the ambi saftey
B5 sells good sopmodish stocks
nothing wrong with an MOE
>>
>>32452110
I don't feel like paying 200 bucks or more for a trigger m8

I don't need an ambi safety I don't think.

I was thinking about maybe doing an OD stock, pistol grip and handguard (I like the light Magpul od handguard) but I'm not sure if I can get all that or how it would work without the standard front sight on the AR
>>
>>32452031
Buy a lower parts kit from PSA for like 120 to 150 depending on stock. Then buy a completed upper including bcg/charging handle from them for about 250 to 400 dollars.

If you want to go a step up in quality, get an aero upper with bcg and charging handle for about 500 to 600.

Above that BCM, 700 to 900 dollars.

Anything beyond that is gucci tier. But same idea of parts.

Slap the upper and lower together, done. You have a completed AR between 400 to however much you want to spend on quality.

After that it's pretty much optics and other accessories. But you would have a functional rifle for the most part.

I would spend the money to get a two stage trigger and red dot though.
>>
>>32452124
MBTs are cheaper, I think timiney sells single stages for like 100 or so
>>
>>32452135
>100 or so
Try 180, when they're on sale. I've got one on backorder for like a fucking month now.
>>
>>32452129
PSA lpk is like 50 bucks?

Can I buy any BCG and charging handle for any upper or should I stick with the same brand BCG for said upper?

I don't want to spend a whole lot on this gun I don't have a set budget but I can't see going over 7-8 hundred absolute max and less is better.

>>32452135
Does it really make that big of a difference? I'm not a trigger snob or anything.
>>
>>32452140
If you are talking accuracy and rapid fire, makes a huge difference
my old colt and newer SR-15 are VERY noticeably different
you don't really have to stick with the same BCG, as long as it's a standard mil spec AR won't make a difference
>>
>>32452140
The trigger is your primary interface with the gun. It's pretty important.
>>
>>32452140
Lpk + buffer tube and stock parts. Usually 120 but theres a lot of sales so 50-70 is not unreasonable. Theres one right now for like 70.

Millspec parts are swapable with each other which is a big selling point of the AR platform. So yes, you can get whatever bcg and charing handle you want.

I would spend a bit a money on getting a good bcg since that and the barrel are the most important parts of the gun. I bought a sharps bcg for about 200 and others would probably recommend the fail zero or bcm bolt for around 150. The PSA premium bcg is pretty decent for its price actually which is on sale for like 80-100 area usually.

For charging handle, I bought some cheap millspec one for like 17 bucks, though i upgraded it later to a ambidextrous raptor handle for 70 bucks. I think the handle is awesome but I would hold off on buying that until you feel more comfortable with the gun.

As for the trigger, i was pretty surpised how shitty millspec triggers are. My first gun was a glock and i thought the trigger was going to be similar. It was a bit shocking how much the ar trigger sucks. I would say either get the MBT for 100 or try and get a geissle SSA on sale for 160. I think a two stage goes a long way.
>>
>>32452172
Don't the lpks all include triggers? Maybe I'll hold off on an upgraded trigger and see how shit the standard one is
>>
>>32452181
Yeah lpk's include a trigger. You can by lpk's without the trigger and save like 30 bucks.

I think i spent about 1000 total for my ar.

I had an anderson lower.
PSA parts kit with CTR stock
aero upper
sharps rifle bolt
crap charging handle
and then quickly replaced trigger with geissle SSA.
holosun 503c
>>
>>32452199
You can probably do the same build for like 800-900 if you get all the parts on sale.
>>
>>32452199
>and then quickly replaced trigger with geissle SSA.
>>32452181
this is what you will do anyways, no reason to blow 30 bucks on some lame ass concrete sandpaper trigger
my trigger isn't the best but it's almost as good as a jizz, do yourself a favor and buy once, it's one of the more important parts of the gun
>>
>>32452199
Not too bad for what you got I'm just looking at spending less

I don't think I'm going to order these parts all at once hopefully I can spread it out and get some items on sale

This may be a dumb question but why is it so hard to find an upper with the following :

Railed gas block not standard fsb
No handguard
Mid length gas system
?

Do handguards like the Moe not even work without the standard fsb?

>>32452207
If I can save 30 on a lpk and just spend 50 or so more and get a better trigger that's not so bad but 100 bucks is a lot for a little trigger
>>
>>32452217
unless you get a mono rail, you pretty much won't have a front sight without a FSP (unless you get a railed gas block lol)
if you are just building a cheap beater AR I understand, but I will tell you to get a better trigger before anything
>>
>>32452224
Ok so what's wrong with railed gas blocks? Why are all these uppers standard fsb? I really would rather not have a giant post in my fov when using a lower power variable scope or something
>>
>>32452232
cheap = FSP
well, unless you get a metal front sight your magpul will melt off
also, you won't be able to put on a rail later w/o taking it off and getting a low pro
>>
>>32452243
This anon is right, you want a rail so you can pew pew harder.

This is a pretty decent upper for the price.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-freedom-keymod-lightweight-upper-no-bcg-or-ch-7779901.html
>>
>>32452243
Why would the Moe melt? Am I missing something here? Doesn't the guard only contact the lower part of the Fsb? Why can you not just essentially chop the sight off and put a rail on the gas block without making it too low profile? Am I retarded ?

>>32452253
I like the look of that but I didnt really need the weight of the rail and I do like the looks of basic od handguards
>>
File: 1479364636003.jpg (165KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
1479364636003.jpg
165KB, 1032x774px
>keymod rail
>>
>>32452084
Sexy
>>
>>32452062
/thread
Welcome to hell OP
>>
>>32452031
Build a basic bitch AR and then upgrade after you have shot it a bunch and know what you want. Tons of people throw tons of tacticool shit that they convinced themselves that they need and end up regretting it.
>>
I like a simple m4 style clone build, and you can get all the parts from PSA if you wait for them to be on sale.

Get the PSA premium lower build kit with the 7075 t6 buffer tube.

Then wait for their chf upper to be in stock. This is a premium FN made barrel and will last longer than you.

Last buy the hpt/mpi tested bolt carrier and a mil spec charging handle.

Add a rear sight of your choice.
You will have a completely mil-spec ar15 with basic furniture that will do everything you need it to do for about $500.

You won't be a 3 gun racer or a tactical faggot wannabe, but you'll have a fine rifle that you can shoot a lot and find out what you want to alter.

Welcome to the shit storm.
>>
>>32452271
Yes you're retarded
>>
>>32452084
Can't say I see the point of piston ARs, but Taiwanese surplus is generally not bad stuff (Wolf Gold, etc), and that handguard looks kind of swanky.

I don't doubt that the thing will work, but it screams for a flat-top.

>>32452124
As long as it's the correct length, the MagPul handguard should fit just fine with regular front sights.
They're comfy by the way, I think they feel good in my hand. OD is sexy too.
>>
>>32452276
Quad-rails are outdated.

But yes, KeyMod isn't as good as MLok.
>>
>>32452062
It's like building a computer. The $400 gaming machine is a myth just like the $400 ar build.
>>
>>32453804
I wanted Magpul handguard with railed gas block tho
>>
Are ambi charging handles worth it for lefties?

Please respond.
>>
>>32452062
Fucking this
>>
>>32454336
Railed gasblock is another question.
I'd guess it'd depend on what kind of setup you're looking at.
>>
>>32452064
nah ARs are better. you just gotta sit down and think what you want to do with it.
>>
>>32454488
I was thinking standard 16 inch barrel mid length gas system fairly light ar with railed gas block, BUI, and a variable scope or something.
>>
File: 8y8XQ.jpg (270KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8y8XQ.jpg
270KB, 1920x1080px
I'm building an M16A4 clone on an 80% lower. I may get a .458 Socom upper for it later.
>>
>>32452276
>KatanaMod
>>
>>32452064
you can do a parts build for cheap, just don't expect your AR to be finished for a year or longer
or you can spread an expensive build out over a few years
>>
>>32452124
you can get an ALG QMS trigger for around $45US, trigger pull is on the lower end of milspec usually
>>
File: Years-End_14.jpg (50KB, 600x249px) Image search: [Google]
Years-End_14.jpg
50KB, 600x249px
I found a pic of what I want with the Moe

Why aren't completed uppers with this gas block and no handguard a thing?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.