[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Struggles of a left handed shooter: >Hot casings landing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: Lefty_13.jpg (142KB, 1368x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Lefty_13.jpg
142KB, 1368x1050px
Struggles of a left handed shooter:

>Hot casings landing in the crook of my arm

>All of my reloads are awkward

>Constant fear of the bolt busting my teeth out even though I keep my eye away from the scope

>Have to use my index finger rather than my thumb on pistols

>Left-handed weapons are rare and expensive.

Anyone else feel the same pain?
>>
I don't have a lot of experience with firearms, I only own a couple of pistols ATM.
>With pistols, engaging the safety can be awkward if it's not ambidextrous. Luckily there's an affordable self-loading pistol that is ambidextrous, and that's the Bersa Thunder 9 Pro: ambi slide catch and thumb safety levers, and reversible mag catch/release button.
>With pistols like the 1911, I learned to drop the magazine and hit the slide release with my right hand. I don't even used the tumb safety, the hammer has a half-cock position. I don't carry so it's not a problem.
>With swing-out cylinder revolvers it's awkward since most have a S&W style of cylinder release.
>>
>>32451719
>Hot casings landing in the crook of my arm

Long sleeves nigga

>All of my reloads are awkward

Buy an AK and a VP9, problem solved

>Constant fear of the bolt busting my teeth out even though I keep my eye away from the scope

Boohoo.

>Have to use index finger rather than my thumb on pistols

VP9

>Left-handed weapons are rare and expensive.

But ambi guns aren't so just buy more guns, problem solved.
>>
File: Carb1.jpg (2MB, 2048x1351px) Image search: [Google]
Carb1.jpg
2MB, 2048x1351px
>>32451719
>Anyone else feel the same pain?

No, not really. Plenty of guns weren't designed by idiots.
>>
File: IMG_1037.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1037.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>32451719
I dont have many problems being left handed.My 1911 is perfectly usable.Although i prefer aks over Ars because the reload is much easier on an ak for a lefty.Hell even my broom handle is pretty easy to work left handed minus the safety.
>>
>>32451789

1. It gets hot where I live

2. AK is actually easier for a southpaw to reload

3. Sorry, I like my front teeth. I don't like the idea of looking like a meth head, so fuck off.

4. Fuck H&K. They are nothing more than a bunch of wannabe Special Forces cocksuckers. I will never buy their products.

5. Ambi guns still eject casings out the right side, and like I said. It gets hot whenever I got to the range.
>>
File: image.jpg (247KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247KB, 960x720px
I would never buy a right handed bolt action, the design would channel any kaboom right into my face in the case of a catastrophic failure. Luckily, being an adult, I can buy whatever the fuck I want. I can support gun makers that support my degenerate left handed lifestyle, and make fun of OP, who is a whiny faggot
>>
>>32451874

You ever considered putting your nugget in your mouth and pulling the trigger.
>>
>>32451889
As per my post above, I would never own a righty bolt gun. My left handed CZ would work, but I wouldn't want to get the walnut all bloody. Luckily, I grew up in a lefty dominated household and was nurtured, unlike OP, and have little to whine about, unlike OP. I'll keep enjoying life too, once again, unlike OP
>>
>>32451719
So I'm rignt handed but blind in my right eye. The struggle is real.
>>
>>32451719
You should buy a famas
>>
>>32451719
As a lefty I've never felt reloading any gun to be particularly awkward. With just a tiny bit of practice, you can get your reloads down on non ambi guns easily. Even with a ptr91, I can reload just as fast either hand.

I have never taken brass to the arm except when I feel like memeing with thumb over bore.

The bolt is going to be the same distance from your face regardless of what hand you're using.

Middle finger for magazine release, powerstroke the slide instead of using the slide catch.

don't buy left handed weapons. Ambi guns if you must but even then it's not necessary
>>
>>32451719
>Have to use my index finger rather than my thumb on pistols
I'm left handed. What do you mean by this?
>>
>>32451848
I'm a lefty. I like my fnx, which has ambi everything.
>>
>>32451848
holy shit

you have reached the pinnacle of autism
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 956x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 956x960px
OP DEDICATED left hand shit is expensive. Shooting lefty isn't that hard ether you fag, brass to the face and pistol reloading are the only "problems" I've had and there very trivial. I have a lefty pistol and maybe it's just me but I like using my index finger now. You don't have to shuffle the gun around in your hand to reload.

here's a small list of shit a lefty can make work comfortably.
AK or AR in your flavor, Tavor, Beretta AR100 thing, AUG with some aftermarket parts, keltec RDB, bushmaster ACR, Scorpion evo, Just Right carbine, Sig in general but Remington level quality on there rifles, Tikka T3, ruger American, Savage is lefty bolt gun king right now.
>>
>>32451874
>>32451719
how about you take that hot load of jizz out of your ass and learn how to shoot right handed

or by all means keep taking that warm jizz.
>>
>tfw left eye dominant
>tfw right handed
>tfw cock my head over instinctively and lose almost 2/3 of peripheral vision
A-at least grandpa Hickok is the same
>>
>>32451848
ever thinked about getting a PS90 or FS2000 ? i know, PS90 use a meme rounds that cost fuckton and the FS2000 is a boat but at least you to have an excuse to buy them

or you could get a case deflector for an AR and an ambi charging handle
>>
I just can't find a decent drop leg holster. Might have to order a custom job like some kind of faggot.

OP needs to learn to adapt.
>>
>>32454098
>drop leg holster
You're already a faggot.
>>
I have a long action M77 and it doesn't hit me in the face when I cycle the bolt, even with cheek weld. Right handed bolt actions are not impossible to run left handed, awkward though they may be.

Get a Single Action Army.
>>
The best is when I have to fire the SAW standing or kneeling and all the links butcher my bicep. Feels gr8, m8.
>>
>>32451719
>getting hit more by other peoples brass at the range or during field exercises

> have to fire LMGs right handed
>>
>>32451719
Yeah no you're a fag op, I'm a lefty and have better weapons manipulation than most of my friends that are righties. I even prefer some guns to be right handed, quicker reloads on revolvers, shotguns, and AKs, and same speed as everybody else on everything except bolt guns, and then guess what I do? I shoot right handed cuz I'm not a fag who lets their preference get in the way of shooting
>>
>>32454682

EVERYONE LOOK HOW HARDCORE THIS GUY IS
>>
>>32454691
Look how butthurt this fag is for getting called out on his faggotry
>>
>>32454098
Trexarms, if they make one for your gat, is the tits.
>>
get an AUG m8
>>
>>32451719
The best shooter and the winner of the LAPD SWAT Sniper drill in my class was left handed, he didn't seem to have any problem with it.
>>
>>32451719
That's what you get son of satan
>>
>>32451816
I got that same TV
>>
>>32451719
why don't you just become right handed like a normal person?
>>
>>32456493
And the same lampshade
>>32455606
Of course us leftanians are much better you you Rights
>>32456239
Typical Right handed Bible thumping boozer
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.