[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to get into shooting and I want a recommendation for what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (576KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
576KB, 3008x2000px
Trying to get into shooting and I want a recommendation for what gun I should get to start. I went to my local pawn shop and they had some nice rifles/ shotguns. One thing that caught my eye was an Panther Arms AR-15 they had that was priced at $600. It's obviously used but do you guys think this gun would be a good choice or should I go for something else? Pic related.
>>
>>32450351
ar15s in general are great guns. easy to shoot, affordable, ergonomic, and plenty of customization if thats what you want.
everyone is going to tell you thats a bad deal. the thing is, its certainly not a great deal. its a buyers market for ar15s and theres no excuse not to get a great or even good deal right now.
>tldr
you can do better if youre willing to search
>>
>>32450381
everything he said is true. check out Palmetto State Armory, they usually have pretty good deals on AR stuff. watch some youtube videos and google more about ar15s, see what you really want. check out the ar general too here and you can see how customizable they are and maybe how you'd want yours to look
>>
>$600 for absolute basic bitch AR
>used
>ever buying an AR at a LGS where they typically go $50-100 over msrp
>being a sucker in trump 2016 (2017)

Just piece together a kit online and grab a lower locally. You'll get better specs if you put it together yourself for $600
>>
File: honest_mistake.jpg (859KB, 1579x3167px) Image search: [Google]
honest_mistake.jpg
859KB, 1579x3167px
Yeah I have to agree with everyone here. The only real reason to buy a complete rifle these days is if it's on super sale or is some Gucci AR that can't easily have it's parts sourced like I did with pic related. (ignore Butch and the filename, was for a different thread)

This, however, is not that situation. DPMS ARs are entry level at best and some would argue they're inferior to say an M&P-15 sport 2 which can often be had for under $600 and come with front and rear sights already installed.

Oh, and that rifle in your picture retails for $650. If you pay $600 for a used one, you're not getting a good deal. Save $50 more dollars so you can have a warranty and guarantee bubba didn't give it a "trigger job" or something else stupid.
>>
>>32450351
DPMS ARs are alright rifles for what they are, but I wouldn't buy one used for that price.

Truthfully, if you want an AR, you should just build your own. You can do a basic one for $500 or so. Plus, I think it's a great experience and you have a "deeper"connection with your rifle since you know exactly what's in it and how it was built.
>>
>>32450351
lol I started off with just a glock and then was immediately handed an semi auto AK47.
>>
>>32450351
Those are fucking garbage and that's way overpriced. They were $469.99 on black Friday, brand new. Just do what everyone else was saying and check out palmetto state armory. You can find complete kits for $379.99 shipped, and buy a stripped lower elsewhere(Cabela's has Anderson lowers for $49.99). Just avoid PTAC. Btw, wait for sales! Sign up for their emails and wait for the right kit! You can make them ridiculously cheap, and they won't blow up after 200 rounds.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What am I looking at here, and how do I remove without ATF shooting my dog
>>
>>32450896
some kind of brake. is the rifle from a ban state? do you see any welded spots? how long is the barrel?
>>
>>32450915
Not a ban state and with the brake it's 16 inch, I think it's welded in.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.