[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First gun? Mossberg 500 or CZ 75 variant. CZ is sexy but a shotgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 400px-PEO_Mossberg_590A1.jpg (9KB, 400x149px) Image search: [Google]
400px-PEO_Mossberg_590A1.jpg
9KB, 400x149px
First gun? Mossberg 500 or CZ 75 variant.

CZ is sexy but a shotgun seems more noob friendly and utilitarian. Please help I am indecisive.
>>
>>32449059
870, It's the king of pump-shotguns.
>>
>>32449059
A shotgun you won't shoot or a handgun you might shoot? Gee I dunno.
>>
>>32449070
The finger catching while reloading meme has really put me off remingtons. I am not a dextrous person
>>
If you have land to shoot freely, private or public a shotgun is better. But if you live in a city or suburbs a pistol makes more sense so you can use indoor ranges
>>
>>32449059
>first gun
Ruger 10/22
>>
>>32449094
The loading gate on the 870 doesn't do that. Only the Benelli M1/M2/M3/M4 is usualy the one that eats your fingers.
>>
Shotgun can kill almost anything.
>>
>>32449090
I have no practical use for either. Self defense is both not practical and not really required at the moment. Purely for fun and learning at the moment.
>>32449097
Ranges nearby allow shotguns and rifles below like 338 or something
>>
>>32449100
Ive fired 22s and was thoroughly unimpressed
>>
>>32449108
So what is the difference between the mossberg being in the "up" position and the remington?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482768700786.jpg (41KB, 720x555px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482768700786.jpg
41KB, 720x555px
>>32449059
>>
>>32449410
That looks like a strong argument in favor of the shotgun to me
>>
>>32449070
Except for modern production ones, which are shit.

Get a Mossberg 590a1
>>
>>32449607
Why? its like $200 more and the only apparent difference is a bayonet lug, metal safety and trigger assembly and thick barrel.

I could just buy a 500 and a baseball bat for the same effect
>>
>>32449661
Cause it's dope as fuck, poopdick. Trust me, you'll love it.

Unless you're a weak shouldered queer,in which case your wrist is probably limp, to, and you should stick with a AR.
>>
Pistols are infinitely more fun to shoot than shotguns and 9mm is cheap as fuck.
>>
>>32449736
I know I'd love it but I gotta be budget conscious!

If the 500 goes bang too then why get a 590?
>>
>>32449661
I would only get the 590. The 590A1 was made cause Marines have a habit of destroying things easily. So they needed a shotgun that was overbuilt for them.

Just get the 590, the metal trigger guard is pretty meme tier cause I have a bunch of shotguns with a polymer trigger guard and I've banged them around without breaking them.
>>
>>32449742
>>has never been hunting or trap shooting

Shotguns are literally the most fun you can have with a firearm
>>
you should rent both and decide which feels better to you. you're going to shoot a gun more if you enjoy shooting it.
>>
>>32449410
>tacticool shit

Personally my first gun was an SKS, despite initially planning to get a Mossberg 500. Second gun was a mossberg bolt action shotgun. Third will probably be a Makarov PM
>>
>>32449742
12 gauge shells are cheap af as well. Not to mention you only need a few basic tools to reload them. Plus you can reload them with nearly anything you want.
>>
File: serveimage.png (29KB, 855x717px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
29KB, 855x717px
The pistol. Not even a competition. They're just so much more versatile

>can conceal carry
>can car carry if not cc'ing
>easier to handle
>more likely to go to the range with
>more likely to finger fuck all the time
>easier to store
>can get your chl with
>can get more RELEVANT training with
>can get a holster/mags and get some nice dry firing milaege out of it
>more opportunities for stuff like IDPA/IPSC

I'm probably missing a few things too.
>>
>>32449059
Personally, my first gun was a cheap turkish shotgun. Second was a mosin, which I have slowly put work into to make the action and trigger decent. Third I plan on either getting a VZ58 or an AR15. Forth I plan on getting a CZ P09.

Also, what are you going to be shooting at and where? Private property or a range? If Private property, do you have a clay bird thrower? If not get some steel targets to hang up and the CZ. Even if bird hunting, your going to be a terrible shot if you can't practice. Only reason I got the shotgun first was because it was gifted to me.
>>
>>32449059
1 more vote for the 500 senpai
>>
>>32451175
>not even a competition

>can hunt and sport shoot with shotgun
>a decent shotgun is cheaper than a decent pistol
>shotgun better for home defense

It's not black and white at all. Try to up your post quality, newfriend

>>32451203
I badly want a mosin, but they aren't such a good deal any more now that prices are up and surplus 54R is almost the same price as commercial
>>
>>32451226

It really is a shame that Mosins are $250ish now. I got mine about 18 months ago for $170 and I thought that was high. 54r surplus, from what I've heard, is going to the middle east instead of being sold privately. Despite that, TulAmmo is still pretty cheap though ($10 for box of 20 @ walmart), plus not corrosive.
>>
>>32451226
>can hunt and sport shoot with shotgun
not as often as going to the range, maybe clays but it'll be more expensive and its more of a chore
>a decent shotgun is cheaper than a decent pistol
a 500 v a cz is basically the same price, invalid argument
>shotgun better for home defense
if you want to blow your walls out. pistols are more manageble too in close quarters.
>>
>>32451310
I'm still gonna buy one, but it isn't my first priority. And the ammo is still cheap for battle rifle ammo, it's just that the milsurp ammo isn't really a bargain anymore

>>32451445
1. Depends where you live
2. A mossberg 500 is like $300 and a CZ-75 is more like $600
3. Last point is debatable
>>
>>32451216
>>32451203
I will be at an indoor range... but it allows shotguns most of the day I believe.

CZ is harder to get cus most ffls are apparently unaware that out of state students are residents of state they live in.

So gotta consider that i guess too
>>
>>32451594
> are apparently unaware that out of state students are residents of state they live in

Yeah, after a few years I believe though. Unless you can prove that you're SOL
>>
>>32449059
I think it really broils down to what you wanna do with it. Personally, I'd say it being your first gun then the CZ is a better choice.
While honestly, nothing is sexier then racking the pump on a fresh mossberg, the CZ75 probably is a bit better for someone who's completely new to guns.
The ammos a fair sum cheaper then 12gauge, and you can practice all day without hurting your shoulder if you're not a big guy, which can't always be said for the shotty. Also, as mentioned previously, if you live in a decent state you can more readily defend yourself by CCing it, and it also functions quite well for HD.
All in all, I'd spring for it over the Mossberg, trap and skeet are fun, but spending $50 to blast away clays for an hour ain't the most economical way to spend time.

Besides, you're a new guy, you have to learn the fundamental of aiming before you learn to track your targets, and the CZ is a very fine and easy to learn pistol.
>>
>>32451728
also, just keep in mind though, while I think you should buy the CZ first, you should still get that shotgun later on. They're both excellent weapons for new guys to own, just with 9mm being cheaper and the fact you can CC it gives the CZ a distinctive edge, in my not so modest opinion.
>>
>>32451644
Nah ATF FFL ref book addresses it, as does their website. Out of state students are residents of wherever they reside while they are enrolled full time. Problem is nobody wants to sell anyway, Ive had people read it and agree but refuse anyway just to be sure.
>>
bushmaster ar-15

then state turned into communist state so sold it, bought a bunch of .22's, mini 14, SKS and pistols.
>>
>>32451463
>$600 CZ
shuddup fggt
>>
>>32451764
I could probably just get one of those turkish clones for like 400
>>
>>32449766
I've owned a mossberg 500 for like 5 years now, and have some damage on the trigger guard/housing thing due to normal cleanings. Never had any issues from actual use, though.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.