[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently ordered this Anderson carbine on Sportsman's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Anderson.png (1MB, 932x750px) Image search: [Google]
Anderson.png
1MB, 932x750px
I recently ordered this Anderson carbine on Sportsman's Guide for $479.99 only to see the exact same thing go on sale for $428.

Anyone else have this problem? I know it happens with other products but shit still grinds my gears
>>
It's fifty bucks, who gives a shit about fifty bucks unless you're a poorfag? Also that AR is total shit.
>>
I'd be more pissed about spending all that money on an AR only to realize it's a piece of shit and then have to spend even more money on a decent AR after throwing that one in the trash.
>>
>>32448919
>total shit
I thought Anderson is a reputable company?
>>
>>32448896
you sound walmart.
>>
>>32448939
Anderson never has been, it's pure poorfag garbage. You can look forward to out of spec receivers, improperly torqued barrel nuts and receiver extensions, improperly staked bolt carriers, gas keys, etc, and most likely issues with finish and accuracy.
>>
>>32448939
Their lowers use 3/4" grip screws instead of the standard 1" screw. So you either have to buy their screws in order to attach a pistol grip to the lower.
>>
>>32448919
>>32448932

what would you consider decent then?
>>
>>32448952
Their lowers are fine. I wouldn't buy a complete rifle from them.
>>
>>32448958
see >>32448953
>>
>>32448953
Not anymore. The last couple runs are threaded to use full length screws.
>>
>>32448971
Oh, so was that a mess-up or did people call them out on it and they switched back to the 1" screw?
>>
>>32448961
Except that isn't true any longer. I have built three rifles on anderson lowers for friends in the last two months, all of which are using standard A2 grips, and 1 inch screws. All of the lowers are properly threaded.
>>
>>32448952
>>32448953
>>32448958
my friend just bought a complete anderson lower and the trigger pin just fell out while he was holding it - is that supposed to happen?
>>
>>32448978
From what I understand they were threaded to an older pre A2 spec. Enough people complained, and they switched it back.
>>
>>32448991
I wouldn't buy a rifle or complete lower from them. I can't speak for their small parts.

But when building rifles off of anderson lowers, I have never encountered an issue when using quality LPK's.
>>
>>32448991
How is that possible? The trigger springs put tension on the pins making it tough to break them out.

I have a distinct feeling you're lying.
>>
>>32449002
>>32448958
Agreed since most stripped lowers are the same i go with anderson for that part only.
>>
>>32448919
>unless you're a poorfag
hes buying a complete anderson rifle. what do you think?
but i understand where OPs coming from, he missed out on almost 11% off. it sucks when things dont work out in your favor but shit happens.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.