[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Range Rage of 2016 What's the worst you've experienced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 15

File: 1481888310595.jpg (572KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481888310595.jpg
572KB, 1600x1200px
Range Rage of 2016

What's the worst you've experienced this year at the fun range?
>>
File: image.jpg (343KB, 1152x646px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343KB, 1152x646px
>>32445995
>What's the worst you've experienced this year at the fun range?

Getting yelled at by an RO for apparently flagging everyone to my right when handling pic with a suppressor handing off on the end.

That or seeing a guy put a hole in the roof when he doubled up his .454 casul revolver.
>>
Nothing particularly terrible - Just one guy who was particularly obnoxious about what a great shot he was, but he had to leave the range because he got scope eye with his first shot (which, to his credit, did land on target). He couldn't even have held the gun, seeing how it was a suppressed 6.5x55 and shouldn't have any noticeable recoil.
>>
>>32445995
Had a group of young guys stand on top of the bench and hip fire their shotguns. Also, got in the chest by a ricochet from people bring shit to the range to shoot that they aren't supposed to. Needless to say I'm not going back to the range again.
>>
A giant group of yuppies at my favorite outdoor range. They got kicked out and banned. They saw me shooting my handgun and liked it so one of them walked over to our table while it was sitting on my bag, loaded a magazine, racked the slide, and then pulled the trigger thinking that there was a safety to stop the gun from going off. It's a P320, there is no safety. So after almost shooting my friend in the back, and getting their ass chewed out by the saftey officer, they got their pictures taken and names written down and are banned forever from the range.
>>
>>32446238
...what? they just walked over and shot your gun?
>>
>>32446238

w8

are you telling me that some people walked up to your gun and just shot it?

what the hell man, whats wrong with people
>>
>>32446266
Yes. My friend and I had been there for a while and when the incident happened we were shooting my new .270 so we didn't see him when it happened. But the safety officer noticed and before he could sound the horn the retard had already pulled the trigger. My friend was leaning against one of the posts trying to spot and the far edge away from him exploded from being hit by the idiot.

>>32446269
Rich bitch college students with no grasp on the concepts of safety or personal responsibility.
>>
>>32445995

>shootan innawoods with guy from work who isnt old enough to buy pistol ammo
>he says he has some 9mm
>tell him i have ~50 rounds of 9mm that id shoot out of his gun because it courteous
>he proceeds to shoot all my ammo without asking
>he manages to break the extractor in my marlin xt22
>worst of all he fired my AR while simultaneously chickenwinging and chick leaning
>he also had a taurus pistol that holds eight (8) rounds of 9mm
>for_what_purpose.tapestry
>>
>>32446304

im finding it hard to comprehend that they just did that...thats so stupid its amazing.
>>
>>32446323
I couldn't believe it either at first. I've heard of people being negligent and firing a round off while someone is downrange, but that's the first time I had ever experienced something like that.
>>
File: tumblr_n08imcsRE81qaqcj5o1_500.jpg (69KB, 478x490px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n08imcsRE81qaqcj5o1_500.jpg
69KB, 478x490px
>>32446238
should have said "THAT'S MY GUN I DON'T KNOW YOU!" and kicked them in the entitled yuppie balls.
>>
File: 20161220_174731.jpg (474KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161220_174731.jpg
474KB, 2048x1152px
I prefer the Glock 17 Gen 4 9MM Semi Automatic. The best striker fired weapon system.
>>
>>32446305
>break the extractor i
Both of them? How that thing is known for being reliable as fuck. It's a fucking down sized Mauser 98 action.
>>
>>32446020
What scope is that and is it variable?
>>
>>32446238
>Thinking that there was a safety to stop it from going off
THATS NOT A FUCKING EXCUSE
>>
>>32446189
Its interesting how the kids hipfiring shotguns was your first answer and not getting hit by a ricochet
>>
I was able to zero some random guys gun before mine. Not rage as much as a huge sigh
>>
>>32446455
It just bounced off of my jacket. The guys hipfiring from on top of a bench could have slipped and directly shot someone.
>>
Skeet shooting for the first time. Missed 20/20 clay targets.
>>
>>32445995
Took some new shooters to the range to get them familiar with firearms other than bolt .22's and .410 shotguns (all they owned then). These two guys are really good friends of mine and always knew I was /k/ and sitting on some different stuff so they asked and we all went out to the pit.

Brought a Judge, a 10/22, a Marlin 336, a Remington 7400, a Bersa, an H&R single shot 12ga. and my new Enfield MK III*.

They started out on their own .22's while I unloaded shit. For months I had saved whiskey bottles, glass beer bottles, large 2-liters and everything else satisfying to shoot. I had maybe 25 bottles in all at the time. I was excited to put my newly loaded .30-30 shells to use.

Well. I fucked up not telling them to hold up because while I was pissing in the woods they shot every bottle with their .22's.

Looking back it's pretty funny but I was a little steamed at the time.

They liked the .303 though. Think I served the kube well that day.
>>
>>32447043
KEK, but it's still super fun; I'm new to skeet and trap, and when I miss, I have this fear that the duck hunt dog is going to pop up and laugh at me.
>>
File: IMG_0202.jpg (368KB, 1280x2272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0202.jpg
368KB, 1280x2272px
After talking to me about my AR, some faggot tried to tell me the army let him keep his M4 from overseas and saying I was just a civilian and didn't know shit when I told him he was full of it. I then showed him my CAC card and he left my lane red faced.

At my regular range some guy came over and took a mag off of my table while I was turned away. The dipshit then proceeded to use it thinking I wouldn't notice the fact that my distinctively painted and marked magazine was gone and in his rifle. I let him finish shooting MY ammo out of MY magazine, and then made him pay for the ammo and full retail for the magazine. It was bent up anyway.

Had a guy blow up his shotgun by accidentally shooting a slug through a full choke barrel. Turns out he has two of the same gun and grabbed the wrong one out of his gun safe that day.

Had a guy try and correct me on my shooting stance while shooting a SAA. Who the fuck actually shoots an SAA in a fucking isosceles or weaver stance or some shit. It's a gun for fun.

a friend cracked the stock of my Stevens 5100 after firing both barrels of 00 buck at once. (The stock was already fractured though, it was gonna happen soon anyway). The look of his face as the stock crumbled was priceless.

Ran into pic related at my normal range. He mag dumped his AR like 20 times while C-clamping from a seated position at a shooting bench somehow, then left. Best part is that there were no plates in the carrier.

Some guy sighted his AR in next to me at 25 yards, with one of those retarded looking el cheap "variable zoom and red dot combo!!1!1" meme sights. The best part was that he got like a 3 inch grouping. I give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was the scope having moving crosshairs, though.

However I had way more enjoyable experience than bad ones. Got to shoot a Johnson rifle, let a WWII era marine vet shoot my arisaka, and got a basic pistol shooting rundown from a weapons trainer when I first took my USP out to shoot.
>>
Autism at its finest you dumb ass bitch
>>
>>32448498
>20 mag dumps
Either you live in a cuck state or that dude decided he didn't want about $250 worth of ammo any more.
>>
File: saigonflashback.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
saigonflashback.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>32445995

>fort hood m249 range jan-feb 2016
>papapapapapapapapap jam papapa jam papapapapapapa jam
>all is well and pretending to be hitting target when bullshitting full auto cause want to shoot again
>???
>*PATRIOT MISSILE WOOOOOOOOSH*
>everybody freezes like deer in headlights
>tower goes silent, range stops shooting, drivers sleeping in LMTVs with their heads sticking out the window in terror
>smoketrail and fading swoosh
>hello darkness my old friend
>>
>>32449043
I live in Virginia. This state is far from cucked.
>>
>>32448498
>mag dumped his ar like 20 times and left
Who the fuck does this? Why?
>>
Some negroes were there
>>
>>32449229
what?
>>
>>32448498
>mag dump your AR 20 times

so what cunt

got a problem with freedom?
>>
>>32446338

This is why I disarm my guns before I even walk down range.

Bolt action? Put the bolt in my pocket.

Handgun? Holster it or take the slide/barrel.

I have Zero trust for any other Human being closer to my guns than me as I go down range.
>>
>>32448498
>Had a guy blow up his shotgun by accidentally shooting a slug through a full choke barrel. Turns out he has two of the same gun and grabbed the wrong one out of his gun safe that day.
What? That shouldn't blow it up. It'll shoot like shit, but the slug should just deform. Worst I've ever seen was when my cousin blew the bead off of my old full-choke Stevens 12ga that was damn near a century old.
>>
>>32449922
Hello fellow va fag. Where at in VA you located? I'm around the fredricksburg area.
>>
Going to the range for my first time this week. Going to rent a gun there, know my basic safety rules hope it goes well
>>
>>32450710
Just put the gun down, pointing down range if you get confused or feel like something is wrong and ask for help. Get a tutorial on whatever you rent and have fun!
>>
>>32448498
>>32449922
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that pic if from the Amelia WMA fellow VA bro?
>>
>>32449229
Can I shoot in? Are there any good ranges
At fort hood? Waco fag here
>>
>>32447969
>only 25 glass bottles
do you even alcoholism bro?
>>
>>32451666
THIS!!!
listen to Satan
>>
RO accused me of shooting at rocks.
I wasnt.
>>
>>32445995
>go to range
>shoot pistol
>hit nothing

I'm usually pretty on with it, but many.... some days my eyes just don't want to focus anymore and I can't hit a paper plate at 30 feet.
>>
>>32446323
lol my father almost got ventilated by a giggling Japanese tourist who almost ND'd into his sternum.

Some people are astoundingly stupid.
>>
>go to public land with buddies for some shootin fun
>establish a firing line etc for safety
>getting close to leaving time for us cuz we showed up early af to avoid the retards
>SUV pulls up out of fucking nowhere, doing at least 50 on a dirt road meant for maybe 25-30
>slam on the brakes at the pit we are shooting at
>park IN FRONT OF THE FUCKING FIRING LINE
>AS WE ARE SHOOTING
>we all "what the fuck"
>two guys hop out
>pull out a mini 14 and start doing mag dumps
>theyre not wearing ear pro
>ohoho you fucking faggots
>finish packing almost everything up
>im pissed, buddies are pissed, these guys are hootin and hollerin at shooting dirt 10 ft away
>decide fuck this lesson time
>borrowed the shop's full auto Draco for the day, has a nasty fucking muzzle break on it, if youre on either side of it youre not having fun
>have my car running and everything else packed, buddy in the driver seat
>walk up while theyre mid mag
>have the AK ready to rock
>one is loading another mag, other is just holding the now empty mini 14
>flick the safety one notch down and unload the entire mag into the berm
>they both jump like somebody kicked them in the dick
>HURR DOOD WAT DA FOOK
>"DONT FUCKING PARK IN FRONT OF A FUCKING ACTIVE FIRING LINE YOU STUPID FUCKS"
>drive off and get sonic, fucking love sonic
>>
>>32445995
>Be in military
>get honorable discharge
>ohshitgotptsd.jpg
>decide to relax with a nice trip at the range
>guy offers to take me with his friend
>we have a great time shooting
>feel hand on butt
>look at him and his friend
>dicks out
>eyes staring at my anus

What do, /k/?

Pic related.
>>
>>32451928
>couple weeks later, buddies dont want to shoot but dammit i do
>this time brought out the shop's MP5
>awwwyeah heckle mein kock
>go to indoor range because i dont want to drive to mountains
>have to go to shitty range i never go to because it caters pretty much solely to morons who have never touched a gun before but think its cool to just rent one and not be safe in the least
>but its the only range that doesnt ban full auto (state ban on machineguns so some ranges dont even think about it)
>get setup, have ~500 rds of 9mm with me, this is goin b gud
>start off with a few mags on semi
>flip the fun switch
>few bursts, having fun
>decide to dump a couple mags
>after 3rd mag RO comes up to me
>asks me what the fuck im doing
>uhh, shooting, what are you doing?
>"son i dont recall rentin you a machinegun"
>because i didnt rent it
>"you know it aint legal to own a machinegun"
>i know the laws, and im doing nothing illegal, and not breaking any range rules, so im gonna keep on shooting
>"no you aint, not without me seein somethin on that gun"
>no, i dont need to show you anything
>"o yes you do"
>no, youre not the cops or the ATF, if you dont like it bring your manager
>he leaves, i go back to shooting
>get a tap on my shoulder
>fuck whistle actually brought his manager
>can i help you?
>"sir you need to step off the line"
>why exactly?
>"so we can discuss that machinegun youre shooting"
>well we can do that here, we've all got electronic ears
>"fine, we need to see papers on that gun"
>nope, not ATF
>"well you can either show us the gun's papers or leave"
>for what exactly?
>"we need to see them"
>nope, you dont have the authority
>"well we can call the right authority"
>yeah, you can waste their time, have a nice day
>pack up my ammo, go to put gun in case
>asshat puts his hand on the MP5
>oh FUCK no, get your hand off of that right now
>"son we need to see some papers on it still, we also need to make sure it isnt ours"
>cont
>>
>>32450116
probably some roach made shit.
>>
>>32451618
Army Fag stationed at Hood here, not that guy though. You have to register your guns on post in order to bring them on. Check out texas star shooting range in Copperas cove though. That's where I usually go.
>>
>>32451987
I thought the next season of things that didn't happen wasn't coming out until next summer
>>
>>32451987
i am pissed
>>
>>32450087
Cause lapping is retarded
>>32451618
No you retard it's a range for military training. Also this>>32452015
>>
>>32451986
A dead man coped a feel, wow
>>
>>32451987
>you told me you didnt rent me the gun, so its not yours, you can either let me leave or have the ATF up YOUR ass
>"just show us the papers on it son"
>Fuck. You.
>"alrite, fine, jim, go make sure our MP5's are still locked up"
>at this point im of course pissed, jimbo comes back and confirms its not theirs
>"next time we ask just us the papers son"
>you wont be asking me again
>go back to shop, boss is at the counter
>"haha what the hell Anon, you still have ammo?"
>yeah those fuckwads wanted to see 'papers' on the gun and i told them to get fucked
>"did they at least tell you why?"
>naw, they probably wanted to see that Form 2 or some shit, theyre RO's not ATF, so theyre not seeing shit
>"fair enough, i mean, their range their rules but they dont have to see anything, you want to give [Owner] a call? im sure he'd get a kick out of one of my guys being hassled over a shop gun"
>fuck it, ill just go to the pits or talk to [Owner] of [other range] and see if he'll let me shoot the MP5, he knows who i work for, dunno if he likes me enough to shoot full auto though, shit ive still got some of that case of 9mm left that he gave me

not sure exaclty what i was expecting, the range has a horrid reputation and is avoided by most, but seriously, the only goddamn range in the area that doesnt explicitly prohibit full auto, and indoor ranges are comfy, i just dont want to have to drive an hour and a half each way to shoot full auto
>>
>>32448498
>USP
Good shit, brother
>>
>>32452022
My bad, maybe if you Typed out FUCKING ENGLISH I WOULD UNDERSTAND YOU!!!!IMMA PUT SOME EMOJIS JUST TO SPITE YOU
>>
>>32452054
Jk I'm not that evil
>>
>>32452042
>decide to shoot my personal AR, go to only outdoor range thats half decent for shooting rifles (30 min drive > 1.5 hour drive)
>pretty empty, buddies are shooting down at pistol end
>get setup on 100 yard line, nobody else setup near me, know my brake is an absolute bitch to shoot next to
>get a few mags in, slight POI shift from new ammo but easy enough change
>bullshit with buddies and have a smoke while waiting for ceasefire
>swap target, come back to my lane
>few more shots, do a couple double taps
>old guy decides to take his bolt action and setup next to me
>pretty obvious at this point im shooting an AR with a brake on it
>and i made it a point to not setup next to anybody else
>and theres only 1 other person on the 100 yard line, and a ton of open benches
>but this guy decided to setup next to me
>get another couple mags in
>doing some doubletaps and whatnot, having fun
>dude next to me has shot ~4 times
>catch out of the corner of my eye that hes just staring at me while i shoot
>step up for a smoke
>walks up to me
>"mind if i give ya some advice son?"
>also whats with fucking geezers that call everybody "son", seriously annoying
>"ya dont need a brake on an AR"
>ok? its for recoil reduction, completely preference, i like it
>"ya well back in Vietnam we had M16s that didnt have those and we shot just fine without them"
>ok
>"tell ya what, ill give ya $20 to stand next to that thing while i shoot it, that fine with you?"
>well, yeah, i mean, $20 is $20
>"the gun doesnt have enough recoil for one of those things"
>ok man
>he just straight up leaves
>buddy asks me what he wanted
>oh, he was just bitching about my muzzle brake
>"why didnt he just use another bench?"
>dunno man, theres seriously another 10 that nobody is using
>"so he just setup next to you, complained about your brake, and then left?"
>yeah pretty much
>"did he even shoot?"
>not really

still confused about it honestly, all he had to do was move 1 or 2 lanes down
>>
>>32452042
How do you have access to real guns?

How do you drive with it?

In MN you have to own the gun to transport it.
>>
>>32452077
Fuck, is every old guy in the US a 'nam vet?
>>
>>32452103
i work for an FFL w/SOT

as an employee i can take out any item for demo/test firing, just have to pack along a copy of the FFL, and i carry a Form 2 copy just in case the one in a million chance of me running into an ATF agent occurs and they want to see the form, though its not really needed as i can give them a serial # and they can easily confirm exactly what item i have and its registration along with the status of any of its forms (have had to do this before, literally takes whoever is on the phone 15 seconds)

transporting isnt an issue, courtesy of working for an FFL, i just cant have it loaded or have a loaded mag in the same compartment of the gun (unless its a pistol)

technically the FFL is the owner of the machinegun, and the FFL isnt a "person" so ownership is defined by whoever is an employee of the FFL or the primary holder of the FFL

the MP5 is probably the one i enjoy the most, its a Zenith that we threw a registered HK pack into, so i could also take the pack out and put it in my HK 33 clone or a G3/HK 91 clone, but 556/308 is a bit more expensive to shoot and i dont think as fun. occasionally we'll throw it in the 308/556 guns but it pretty much spends its entire life in the MP5, rocking steel with it is a blast

>>32452133
every one that complains about modern ARs seems to be, cmon grandpa its not 1970 anymore the AR has come a long ways time to upgrade (though i do enjoy shooting my M16A4 clone, granted its fucking heavy with that RAS on it)
>>
>>32446304
how did you know it was an accident at the time? was it obvoius? or did you point your 270 at them and ask why they were trying to kill your friend
>>
>>32452138
Can you just repair the gun infinitely, like can you replace every part in the gun as it breaks down?

At what point does the gun stop being manufactured before 1985?
>>
>>32447969
its a pretty asshole thing to leave broken glass lying around
>>
>>32452175
The gun was manufactured well after 1986 so it's considered a post dealer sample, if we give up our ffl we have to destroy it or sell it

We can do whatever we want to it in terms of parts, and can also create new machine guns as we please in about 15 minutes total

The caveat is we can't sell them to individuals of course

Right now we only have a couple, we throw around making other guns full auto but realistically a full auto ARower and HK trigger pack covers a lot calibers and potential uses, so definitely a low investment for how versatile they are

Full auto glocks are also kinda fun just as an impractical bullet hose
>>
>>32451987
>>32451987

holy shit am i the only one reading this as you being a colossal faggot here? its their fucking business and they can do whatever the fuck they want, you dont like it, fucking leave. they have every right to know you arent some gangbanging thug degenerate operating on their range
>>
>>32452202
Is their a way for people, for no real commercial reason, to pool resources and acquire the tools/papers necessary to get that license?

I'm not saying I want an armory but I want that.
>>
>>32452054
Wow, Trips really are all massively autistic.
>>
>>32452223
>for no real commercial reason
no you retard, that is a stipulation in the FFL

if that was the case, there would literally be no need to create trusts and buy $30,000 piece of shit ak47s when you could just register an FFL and make your own
>>
>>32452221
No, not at all.

Any reasonable person would have just explained they work for an ffl and got it that way and said it's totally legal.

>>32451987
>>32452042
Are you fucking autistic? If you owned a range that rents full retard mp5s and someone shows up with one in a state that bans them, what the fuck would you do? I mean yeah they could have asked if you were an ffl, but how much of a faggot do you have to be to not just tell them that when they first came up to you? From their point of view you're either
A) one of the very small amount of people that works for an ffl that has a machine gun and is cool with employees renting it
Or
B)someone who noticed an open door to their machine gun room and took an mp5
Or
C) someone who made an illegal machine gun and took it to their range.

You sound like the type of cunt that chimps out when people make eye contact with you on the street. Kill yourself.
>>
>>32449922
>>32450006
>t. poorfags
can't stand you fuckers. Every time I go to the range I shoot 10-12 mags. Without fail some fuckhead complains about it being "loud", it smells bad, or 22lrs are great for shootin.

Just fuck off and be poor elsewhere. And no my 5.56 is no more loud or obnoxious than your fucking WSM with brake.

Also fuck 22LR. No I don't care how cheap it is.
>>
>>32450360
Hampton bro reporting. E4 mafia.
>>
>>32452418
Same here. Nothing is more fun than doing a mag dump to see how fast/accurate you can shoot.

I take my AK to the last spot on the bench at least, and alternate between target and fun with 30, 40, and 10 round.

People just get salty when yoy actually enjoy the fucking hobby.
>>
>>32452194
Which is why I sweep that shit up.
>>
>>32452042
You sound like a chronic bullshitter.
Not just lying on the internet but telling fantastical tales of oneupmanship to your acquaintances in real life. People will like you better if you're just honest bro.
>>
The only thing that makes me rage about going to the range this year is the fact that I went two times.
>>
>>32449229
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>32452254
You sound like a huge faggot the way you talk
>>
>Going with family to public open range by forest
>See a fire truck parked outside by the road, then an ambulance and a couple cop cars in the parking lot
>Someone's getting carted out into the ambulance
>Ask a guy what happened
>Someone loaded up a shotgun on the shotgun range and accidentally fired it into the ground, ricochet caught a couple people but nothing too severe
Last time I went there. Problem now is there aren't other open ranges nearby. I would love to get a large backstop and shoot the days away but I have no idea how much it costs to get a fuckton of dirt. And I live on and near horse farms, so there's not really any spot away from them.
>>
>>32445995
>be at local range a few months back
>brought out a buddy for his first time shooting
>9mm, .45, AR15, VZ, etc.
>pull up to the pistol range and sit in the car to warm up a bit beforehand
>it's only about 50 yards long and see some guys down at the 25 doing some pistol and shotgun
>must have been a /k/ meetup because this obese neckbeard is waddling around fumbling to load the tube on the 12 gauge
>sitting in the car laughing at him drinking coffee
>guy finishes loading the shotgun and leans it on his shoulder
>barrel pointing up-range right at my windshield
>i honk the horn and gesture because I have no idea if it's safe or not
>doesn't hear so we get out and set up next to them
>ask if it's his first time shooting, to be a passive aggressive dick
>says "yeah, I love the shotty"
>proceeds to take a double barrel in the other hand and attempt to fire both at the target while walking towards it
>me and family on the other side of him have to cease fire because he's getting into our arcs
>can't pump one handed so he just jerks it back and forth and actually manages to chamber more rounds
>tell him and his wrangler that they're both irresponsible fucktards and they shouldn't be here
>went to the other pistol range and saw the RSO and let him know
>they're not allowed back

My buddy was a little rattled because it was his first time around guns but he still had a blast. Fucking people man
>>
>>32454293
should have smacked him
>>
>>32452077
You're seriously a massive cunt faggot for putting a break on an ayy arrh (I assume you mean 15, not 10)
But he is retarded for setting up next to you, or trying to give advice
>>
>>32452418
>>32452490
>Nothing is more fun than doing a mag dump
Sure, but not every mag. I usually mag dump as the last thing I do before I leave.
>>
>>32446404
It's a NightForce, and yes it's variable. And insanely expensive
>>
>>32450710
everyone always swivels with the gun

do not do this

point the gun down range and at the ground

always take extra care when you turn to look at something that you are just looking and not aiming with your gun
>>
>>32446170
>suppressed 6.5x55 and shouldn't have any noticeable recoil.

Suppressors don't work like that. Those bullets were not subsonic. That wasn't your rifle.
>>
>>32450845
This was helpful. When i wasn't sure about how to work the gun, i did put it down before i stepped back to catch the attention of the RSO
>>32459011
I did not swivel

It was fun, just need to get my own gun so i don't have to pay to rent one
>>
File: 1481403326160.png (89KB, 632x492px) Image search: [Google]
1481403326160.png
89KB, 632x492px
>>32445995

Went to go shoot my 4" S&W 500 and 308 Encore pistols with some friends. Having a good time, got the range to ourselves. Beautiful day.

A couple guys in their 40s and their wives/GFs show up to do some shooting. They are carrying on and being a bit silly. OK, cool...

Right out of the gate, one of the ladies muzzles me with a loaded PT92 which she pulls out from under her jacket. The gun was pointed DIRECTLY at my chest from about 3 feet away. I look at the gun, then her finger inside the triggerguard and then finally at her eyes. I think she thought she was being cute or possibly just likes scaring people. Never had that happen in my life, I almost totally lost my shit. She just smiles at me, turns and empties the magazine downrange. I'll be honest, I was scared.

I tried to signal to my friends that we REALLY needed to leave... The people that shown up looked kind of like meth heads and a stern scolding about muzzle discipline might have just set them over the edge.

Outnumbered, we decided to leave together because spidey senses were on full alert.

Just then, the macho boyfriend walks up to the line with a 44 Desert Eagle, goes to pull back the hammer and the gun accidentally discharges about a foot away from his boots, putting a small dent in the concrete pad. I think his finger slipped off the hammer...WTF?! He just keeps shooting, missing the target board entirely.

I never walked so briskly to my car in my life.
>>
nothing really. its been an ok year for guns.
>>
File: Bobbeah.jpg (139KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
Bobbeah.jpg
139KB, 500x378px
>>32446349

This.
>>
>quail hunting today
>standard safety brief, no low birds go in a line ect.
>me and pops and Fudus Maximus approach dogs pointing at a covey
>send spook dog in, covey pops and birds go everywhere
>we all get some birds, some make it away ad we split to finish wounded birds and send the dogs in direction of the dead ones.
>Fud gets his two, i got one of mine and another one of mine is being pointed at (by dog) about ten foot up in a tree
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>Fud had gotten his two birds snuck up on me, shot my bird out of tree from behind me over my shoulder.

He was generally unsafe but this one got the fucking hunt ended, and my dad raised hell because we only get like 1 week a year for father son time. Got voucher going back tomorrow.

Our guide was baffled, he had never seen something that unsafe since some 16 year old shot a dog on a low bird.
>>
>>32453725
This.
Chronic bullshitter trying to reform himself, can confirm lifes much better if you're just your vanilla old self with everyone.
>>
>>32446366
>XT22
>downsized mauser 98 action
wut...., the only think they have in common is that they both are bolts. Theyre the same design as pretty much every .22 bolt action out there

I am curious about how someone could possibly break the extractor though
>>
>>32448498
25 yard zero is the easy way to zero a rifle, it's how the military manual tells you to do it except in meters. It's basically the same thing as meters anyway and gives you a 25/375 yard zero or with an adjustable sight like the KAC if you zero it at the Z decent at 25 it will give you an effective adjustable battle zero at all ranges.

All that said, I prefer the 50/215 zero on fixed sights what with the less variation at realistic iron sight combat ranges.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 534x516px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 534x516px
>First time firing my browning BL22
>range goes hot
>attempt to chamber first round
>lifter didnt lift quite high enough and lead bullet smashed into the edge of the chamber
>bullet is actually split in half, half in the chamber and half squashed below it
>jammed tight as fuck
>cannot move action
>spaghetti is falling all around me as im desperately trying to pry this mangled round out of the action without any of the fudds around me noticing
>after 15 minutes of sperging out i realise the lever wasnt forwards as far as it could be, the last few mm is what makes the lifter lift all the way up
>slap lever forwards a bit, mangled round extracts right into my face
>fudd laughs at me
>apparently he's been watching me the whole time
>>
>>32451928
>>32451987
>>32452042
>>32452077
either stop telling fake stories or lie better
>>
>>32446238
you should have at least slugged them in the face for good measure.
>>
>>32445995

>be me
>be LEO
>small agency
>one range guy was on vacation
>other range guy was on his day off
>had bought new gun
>wanted to shoot it
>therefore I must use a local civilian range
>go to civilian range
>hey what's up guys, just need some range time
>okay.. need ID, no steel core ammo
>okay, here is my ID, here is my ammo, check it
>...have you ever been here before?
>no
>...you have to be in our system to use the range
>what? What does that mean?
>you have to be a customer
>okay.. am I not a customer for using the range?
>no
>so how do I become a customer?
>buy something
>okay I'll buy a box of .22, shittiest and cheapest ammo you have
>...okay, but you can't shoot today
>what?
>yeah you can't shoot same day we put you in the system
>dude, listen, I'm a cop, my range is closed today, I'm not some weirdo, here's my badge, I'll pay your normal range fee, just let me shoot
>let me check with my manager
>manager comes over
>situation is explained
>sorry sir, we can't do anything, it's policy
>it's policy to not let people use your gun range?
>...well sir
>no, that's fucking stupid, take my money, I'm offering you money for a service, this is how capitalism works

Ended up going to a different range 15 minutes away, no problems, it was just the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard, you can't use the range on your first visit? How do they get customers? Also, they were charging $12 for a 20rd box of PMC .223 FMJ. It's insane. I don't get it at all.
>>
>in the woods shooting with bros during a three-day range/camping trip
>me and three friends are at the shooting range we set up in a quarry about 1km from our camp
>veteran's day weekend so there are plenty of hunters and other shooters around, it's no big deal
>while we're shooting, a large white pickup with three people in it pulls up
>drives past our cars, RIGHT up behind our firing line
>figure they're probably not here to shoot, just to ask for directions or something
>we all look at the driver silently like idiots waiting for him to say something
>I speak up and ask if he's out here to hunt or just for target shooting
>says with a slight smirk but mostly deadpan "we just want to see ya kill something"
>all of us collectively wat, there's silence for another 10 seconds or so
>I say "well I'm going to start shooting at the gong again, so you might want to back up since you haven't got earpro on
>notice his wife smiling uncomfortably at us
>there's a kid in the back
>"we just want to see you shoot," again, deadpan
>"well okay," and I go back to plinking
>I'm shooting my Cz 527, which I single load with loose rounds, so it's not exactly fast
>this dude with his windows down and his family in the truck is still just sitting there
>my three friends are all clearly too uncomfortable to shoot, they're just watching me and watching the weird truck guy
>send about 20 rounds downrange before the guy waves and says "have a good one guys"
>we don't see him again for the rest of the trip
was it a whole family of skinwalkers? this guy's reactions to everywhere were totally illogical
>>
I don't shoot at ranges but the worst time I've had shooting this year was when this old man started yelling at us for shooting in the same area I've shot for over a year with no incident and is perfectly safe.

Also one time these three obviously stoned people walked up to our firing line with loaded shotguns, shot through one tube each and left. I dunno, it was just weird to me I guess, I'd never walk up to anyone else's firing line without alerting them and I definitely wouldn't shoot without permission
>>
>>32452077
>Noticeable POI shift from different ammo
>At 100 yards
I mean if nothing else tells people that you're full of shit, it should be this
>>
>>32452138
>i can give them a serial # and they can easily confirm exactly what item i have and its registration along with the status of any of its forms (have had to do this before, literally takes whoever is on the phone 15 seconds)
This is a fucking lie, the ATF does not have computer records. You have to file for information on any of the NFA registries, get fucked
>>
>>32461820
You a beta bitch that's why.

They owned your ass and range.
You liked it too, didn't you
>>
>>32461912
not him, but old people are old. typically I let crotchety old fucks have their way when I'm shooting on public land, because it would be a waste of their time to argue. They usually don't come out as regularly as I do anyway, so I'll probably never see them again
>>
>>32461916
I'm in my mid twenties, these guys were 18, 19 at most
>>
>>32461928
I meant the old man you mentioned at first.
>>
For me it's a tossup between getting muzzlefucked with a loaded nugget by a stormfag and having some redneck dipshit blow a half pound of tannerite under a teddy bear thirty feet from the firing line just as I was loading my AR. Good thing my trigger discipline is decent because that startled the shit out of me.
>>
>>32448246
>trap
My first thought was that you liked clay-shooting and transvestites. I've been on this site for too long i think
>>
>>32461934
The old man was upset about us shooting there, idk why. He said people hike there but I've scoured the place every time we go and from the clearing to the backstop there are no trails, the left side is cut off by a river and the right side, you'd have to be really determined to get through the thick foliage just to get shot
>>
>>32461743
seconded
>>
>>32461941
>transvestites
But anon, if there's one thing /k/'s taught me, it's that traps and trannies are different!
Yes, we've been here too long.
>>
>>32459181
Suppressors take away a lot of the recoil, doesn't matter the load.
>>
>>32462118
No, it causes backpressure moron
>>
>>32461786
shut up, pig
some people just don't like pigs running around on their ranges, pig
go shoot in your station basement, pig
>>
>>32462198
Have you ever shot a hunting rifle with a suppressor, its more of a push than a hard kick. Suppressors are very popular for hunting in my country for that very reason, it makes 300 winmag and 375hh very comfortable too shoot.
>>
>>32462236
t.Nubian King
>>
>>32446363
I want a glock 19, Breatta 92FS, and a CZ75B.
Sexy ass hand guns but Im not much for polymer.
>>
>>32453846

miscommunication in range safeties i think

the missiles were low and infront of us enough that if we aimed up we could have shot them, so we stopped shooting altogether and fucked off after missile number three took flight

wasnt the first time our unit fucked up, we almost drove a convoy onto a live artillery firing zone which is absolutely terrifying
>>
>>32453954
Get a shovel or rent a machine a dig a trench and use the dug up earth to build a berm in front of the trench.
>>
>>32459721
That's fucking mortifying
>>
>>32461861
But he's not wrong.
>>
>>32461450
I've got a BL22 as well, have you tried CCI Minimags in yours? Mine fucking hates them, the one time I tried them the I couldn't close the action all the way, so it would be open a small amount. The other rounds I've tried had no problems at all, both before and after that day
>>
File: 1449850313026.jpg (331KB, 1470x1116px) Image search: [Google]
1449850313026.jpg
331KB, 1470x1116px
>>32462236
found the spook
>>
> had surgery on my left hand three weeks ago
> hand in big cast, need to stay proficient and confident in one hand shooting and manipulation
> at range, can load up mags in my 9 just fine, but need functions drills
> load 5 rounds each in two mags
> shoot 5 drop mag, put gun between legs swap mag, drop release and continue shooting.
>RO comes over and tells me I can't point an unloaded gun at the floor
>I show him useless hand mention I don't have many options.
> question him "I thought the 2 safe places to point are down, and down range?"
>RO mumbles something about safety, and other people watching me, then reminds me my time on the line is up..
> pack shit head home
>>
>>32461800
normans don't generally see guns being shot in real life. Especially not leftists. Probably out people watching
>>
I don't know if this counts as rage, but I saw this dude firing a kimber 1911 with a scope attached on top. He loaded a full magazine and fired it, but because the scope was in the way of the ejecting brass, it stovepiped every shot. He got increasingly frustrated by it not cycling every round, and just grumbled and left after that mag.

Some other guy was firing his FN something chambered in .22, and it kept ejecting directly into my face from five feet down the line. I got more mad at the designers of the range but it still spooped me
>>
>>32451864

do you happen to live in HI?

>select all images of sushi
ha.
>>
>Brought some Nofuns friends out shooting for their first time.
>had my Mosin, and Rem700 in .30-06
>made the mistake of assuming buddy knew his ammo types, and when he asked where ammo was told him the .30-06 was in the range bag for the Rem700.
>he loads it, but when he goes to shoot the bolt won't go forward.
>Rem700.jpg thing sometimes is just a PITA.
>take the rifle from him and try to just push the round in assuming he was just being gental.
>wtf bolt won't go forward.
>rack back bolt, and look in.
>see 7.62x54R loaded all jagged like.
>jammed a 7.62 slavshit rimmed in my .30-06.

Thats how I learned to go over what is what with new shooters.
>>
>>32462607
Fwiw my unit has set up camp in an active Artillery range when the Lt got lost and parked us in the wrong place.
>>
>>32448498
>Had a guy try and correct me on my shooting stance while shooting a SAA. Who the fuck actually shoots an SAA in a fucking isosceles or weaver stance or some shit. It's a gun for fun.
Hahahahahahaha, I've never shot my SAA with both hands, EVER. Its a one-handed, John Wayne fun gun.
>>
Anybody belong to a Sporting/Rod and Gun club?
Really considering joining one that's a couple miles down the road from me.
About $250 a year, but considering I'm spending $25 for an hour at an indoor range, seems like it would be way worth it monetarily, and wouldn't have to deal with indoor public range faggotry. Plus there's some decent hunting and fishing land.
>>
File: IMG_20160318_130330.jpg (624KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160318_130330.jpg
624KB, 1080x1080px
>>32449229

>MK48 gun shoot in north WA, forget the name of island
>2 guys sent to beach behind berm to keep civies off it
>come back after the shoot looking like dog in your pic saying rounds people shot into the dirt were ricocheting over the berm and striking the sand feet away from them, whizzing snapping and cracking throughout

Was a good day. Bald eagles were circling above us as we shot. America.

Pic related. The beauty I shot that day.
>>
>>32468806

Also, people aren't exaggerating when they say it throws brass with lethality. The wood posts between lanes had chunks ripped out from brass strikes. It would hurt really, really bad standing immediately to the right of a MK48.
>>
>>32468806

hey look its what the army should have gotten instead of a belt-fed .22 ultramagnum jam-o-matic explosion device

that reminds me of another story

>fort jackson summer 2012
>249 range
>hot as fuck outside, clocking 109 fahrenheit 98% humidity
>one gun jams, and drill sgt nonchalantly opens the cover
>round explodes and shrapnels his hand up
>FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>other drill sgt sitting by overheated 249 is shaky but smiling and laughing at him while his hand bleeds everywhere
>>
>>32468923

The bolt on ours was so worn, the part that catches to hold it back was nearly completely sheared. It started running away on me slighty, every few shots (we start with trying to shoot 1 round at a time, working up to big bursts) and the cool as fuck TM running the show, seeing that I could actually aim the fucking thing, yelled, "FUCK IT DUDE, BURN THE WHOLE BELT, DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT," while slapping my back.

Ran through about 200 rounds in one burst, though I'm sure it would have kept shooting whether I held it down or not.

Barrel got so hot the heat was distorting vision of everything near it.
>>
>>32453954
Go talk to a foreman on a nearby construction site sometime. Sometimes they have surplus dirt to get rid of and have to pay to get it hauled out. Just offer your property as a place to dump the dirt. Did this with a buddy's dirtbike track back when we were teenagers.
>>
>>32451666
>alcoholism
>buying alcohol that is nice enough to come in glass bottles
Pls
Handles of Dark Eyes for life
>>
>>32450360
>>32452447
ayyy, loudoun checkin in
>>
Had a rifle that wouldn't zero. Turned out that the scope mount was getting loose and I didn't have the tool to tighten it. Mostly it's been a good year.
>>
>>32449922
VA beach fag here. What's up guys
>>
>>32451928
>claims he owns a $30,000 giggle gat.

Pic of auto sear and papers with timestamp or lying.
>>
File: 1449792939478.jpg (16KB, 360x282px) Image search: [Google]
1449792939478.jpg
16KB, 360x282px
>Going to a range

I'm so glad there is a huge patch of woods behind my house. I'd rather shoot books inside my bathroom like cokeman than go to a range filled with autists
>>
>>32450360
Fairfax here, doing my best to make it red.
>>
File: PB220005_zps19a710c4.jpg (109KB, 800x647px) Image search: [Google]
PB220005_zps19a710c4.jpg
109KB, 800x647px
>>32467977
First guy sounds like he might be new to bullseye or is having problems tuning the ejection. It can be tricky dialing in a .45 race gun.
>>
>>32445995
about 2 weeks ago an older "hillbilly" looking guy came in with a Smith .500. He was taking his time firing it because who can blame him? After 10 minutes of shooting he started banging it on the table and the next time he shot it double fired on him (the last 2 rounds in the cylinder) so he took it by the barrel and threw it downrange at the target. Pretty sure he just fucked it up so most of the resale price is gone and he got banned from the range. It was kind of funny watching him tomahawk throw it but shit man, calm down.
>>
>>32473171
Any good ranges in Fairfax City? I used to live in that area (Alexandria, Dale City) and I go up to visit family every so often
>>
File: 1481742343964.jpg (24KB, 288x252px) Image search: [Google]
1481742343964.jpg
24KB, 288x252px
>>32446238

Did you at least punch one of them?
>>
Went on boxing day to the range and it was deserted except for an old guy and his wife.

We had a nice chat, he gave me a couple of tips for reloading and even forced me to take a couple of shots with his .458 Win Mag.

His wife then give me a cup of coffee and a sandwich.

What a shit day.
>>
>>32445995
>two weeks ago
>shooting at local range, no RO because there's not too many people, happens all the time
>start unpacking when I notice the school shooters club to my right
>4 teenagers wearing leather jackets with skull shirts and balaclavas with one AK and a Beretta 92 between them
>fuckers are barely shooting, just filming themselves talking some bullshit into a camera
>flagging everyone
>sitting on the tables
>go over to talk to them about it
>ask one of them what they're doing, dude says they're just having fun
>tell them to knock it off
>they grab their shit and leave fast as fuck

I'm honestly convinced these fuckers are planning something. Either that or they're just edgy as fuck.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.