[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ wear for combat boots? I'm looking to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

What does /k/ wear for combat boots?
I'm looking to buy a new pair but I have to buy online - so I need to be cautious.
Pic related, I've been wearing these for years.
>>
Bates
>>
>>32444965
I've been looking at those - specifically the Defenders and Paratroopers. Can you vouch for either of those models?
>>
Nike SFBs and Belleville Hybrid Assault Boots (meme name, but decent light boots) for work.

Merrel MOABs waterproof for hiking.
>>
>>32444980
Pardon me, Defenders and Enforcers.
>>
>>32444992
>Belleville Hybrid Assault Boots
I'll look into those, thanks.
My buddy rocks MOABs for hiking, he loves them. I went for Vasques on my last (63 km) hiking trip, and they were excellent.
>>
What I'm issued.

I have Meindl Boreno for hiking, LL Bean 6 eyelet engineer boots for the street and some Lowa Elite Light and Swedish m/59 boots for casual outdoor stuff and summer time
>>
File: 2134.jpg (118KB, 800x716px)
2134.jpg
118KB, 800x716px
Hanwag Alaska GTX
>>
File: 20161226_135034.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px)
20161226_135034.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>32445010
Ill warn you, they arent heavy boots. They are lighter boots but they get the job done.

Pic related is the sole of the boots, in case you were wondering.
>>
>>32444948

I went to a milsurp store and bought a pair of lightly used warm weather combat boots for spring turkey hunting.

They cost me about $50 and are really comfortable and durable.
>>
File: gump.jpg (45KB, 650x400px)
gump.jpg
45KB, 650x400px
>>32444948
I'll wear the boots you tell me too Drill Sergeant!
>>
>>32445058
Thanks anon, I appreciate it.
I'm looking for something fairly light to wear in spring/summer/fall (I'm wearing Magnums right now, I like how light they are, but they're poorly made). I'll probably get a heavier pair of surplus boots for other occasions.
How do they hold up in water?

>>32445064
What kind are they? I've heard mixed reviews of Rotcho jungle boots.
>>
>>32445107
They are alright, pretty light with two grommets on the inside of the foot for drainage. Good for hot weather climates but they are not waterproof or anything like that. If you really want something waterproof, you could get waterproof socks or try spraying the boots with Camp Dry if you are just worried about dew and shit like that.
>>
>>32445107

These aren't Rothco. They're USGI.
>>
>>32444948
Garmonts are the best all around boots. Ive tried danners, rockys, altimas, bellevilles. And garmont t8s are the most stable, supportive, and even come in a wide size for use wide foots
>>
Combat boots are SHIT.

Good work boots/cowboy boots are GOAT, followed by quality mountaineering and hiking boots.

Also its disappointing to see good socks taken for granted.

>lol I got much surplus Vietnam era CUMBUTT BOUTS with no aftermarket sole!
>Lol hanes socks are awesome
>>
>>32445403
>Good work boots/cowboy boots are GOAT, followed by quality mountaineering and hiking boots.
More like the other way around, and no one has talked about socks yet.
>>
>>32445403
Oh yeah, cowboy boots, totally...

>>32445421
I where a pair of short darn tough socks and then thicker smart wool hiking socks, makes life great.

May not work for everyone if your boot fits perfectly with one pair of socks.
>>
>>32445449
Eta, I wear Lowa zephyr gtx mids
>>
5.11 Speed 3.0 Jungle boots. Best boots I have ever worn. I wear Bates at work and they are well made, but uncomfortable as all shit. It took me 6 months to break them in.
>>
>>32445160
Mostly just for walking around on a rainy day. I plan on these being my casual wear around the city, maybe for shooting at the gravel pits.
I'll look into that, cheers anon.

>>32445370
It doesn't look like the toes are stitched - how do those fare? After three pairs of magnums that all came apart at the toes, I'm very skeptical of glue rather than stitching.
>>
What are the best cheapest boots you can get?
>>
File: HAIX_KSK_Elite.jpg (54KB, 681x608px)
HAIX_KSK_Elite.jpg
54KB, 681x608px
Best boots coming trough
Jk
I've been using them instead of the boots we were issued and marching in them is like a dream, if you can ignore the meme name
>>
So I have a stupid question. What are the best Combat Boots (you) would recommend that fufill these few requirements?
>shin high
>thick soles
>steel toed
>>
Ive been wearing a pair of 6" Raichle mountain boots for going on 8 years, they are fucking awesome. waterproof, sturdy as fuck leather, comfier than all my regular shoes with a 5 dollar insole. ive worn them hiking in Utah, in the alps, in the pacific northwest, worn them for warehouse work and had a pallet full of pepsi dropped on my toe, worn them countless nights walking downtown Berlin and Austin and they are still in better shape than any other older footwear I own

the lugs are getting a little low, and the heel lugs are worn down, stitching is a little frayed on the toe where the pallet was dropped, but they are still waterproof, and still grippy enough for frozen asphalt.
Swiss boots are fucking amazing
>>
>>32446505
Just get grinders boots man, badass boots
>>
Lugz
>>
SFBs and some Cocoran tanker boots.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.