[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Put an ATGM on this, wire controls and optics with a camera to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

Put an ATGM on this, wire controls and optics with a camera to a monitor at the base of the elevator. Missile has no recoil so no tipping over. Shoot from behind houses (maybe with you in the ground floor, if they hit the actual platform and some metal parts fly around) or hills. Why does this not exist yet? I mean Arabs and Kurds make Playstation controller machinegun turrets...
>>
also, the elevator could be on wheels with those leg things mobile cranes and SPA extend out.
>>
>>32442753

It's a guided missile, just Fucking aim up before the hill

When a wire is spooling out of a rocket tube it has enough momentum to carry it pretty far along the direction of the tube, without hitting obstacles.
>>
>>32442761
How do you plan on controlling it?
>>
>>32442761
Isn't ATGM range < 5km?
Surely you want to get as close as you can to cut down the missile travel time...
Also, in urban warfare, I always see Arabs shooting from tops of houses. Why expose yourself?
>>
>>32442753
>2016
>still not using spike
What is your excuse?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2goq_pr25E
Antisemitism is not accepted answer.
>>
>>32442766
same controls as now, just longer wires?
the IR emitter is on top of the platform, and surely it can't be hard to send the visual data from the optics to a screen 10 meters away where the operator can control the missile from relative safety...
>>
>>32442772
I honestly dunno, why are there still so many countries operating ATGM systems that require the operator to aim manually/keep sights on target?
>>
>>32442772
also, ATGMs can be used to deliver HE on infantry groupings. What is there to for a Spike to lock on in this case?
>>
>>32442783

Fly by wire systems are cheap and effective. Duh.

You need to see your target so that you can guide the missile to it through the wire controls.

Being between the missile and the target give you an easy goal, keep the exhaust flare on the target as it flies.

If you try to remote control it any more than from the point of ignition, you may as well throw your accuracy out the window, cause your depth perception with something that small fast and far away will be shit.
>>
>>32442790
Human person? Bunker aperture? Window?
>>
>>32442794
pls explain how spike locks on
>>32442793
you see the target through a 200 dollar go pro behind the optics. The guidance system is still on the launcher, therefore at the point of ignition. If the optics are binocular, use two cameras and a similar sight, just a few meters away.
>>
>>32442772
Spike: 250K
TOW: 60K

warehouse lift: 2k
cameras, monitor, wires: ~1k
Playstation controller: 40 bucks
a few servos to turn the guidance IR emitter: 200 $
arduino chipset: 20 bucks
>>
>>32442783
>>32442790
I was trying to say, if spike is so good, why do so many countries still use wire guided/IR?
>>
I mean, technically APCs fire ATGMS remotely. Why not just put the ATGM on an extra telescopic elevator welded on the turret so you don't have to expose the vehicle?
>>
>>32442798
>pls explain how spike locks on
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_image_correlation
>>
File: images (23).jpg (31KB, 397x370px)
images (23).jpg
31KB, 397x370px
You mean one of these?
>>
>>32442753
Congratulations, you just invented Khrizantema.
>>
File: kornet-d.jpg (945KB, 2250x1500px)
kornet-d.jpg
945KB, 2250x1500px
And Kornet-D.
>>
>Why does this not exist yet?
Because you're a faggot and it's a retarded idea.

The mobile scissor lifts are slow as hell, and would be utterly useless in a warzone, where the ground is littered with debris. A cherrypicker could work, but that would still be ridiculous and impractical compared to a couple guys climbing up high.

Basically any outlandish idea that you can think of, that uses well-established tools or machinery, and that hasn't been used before, is probably impractical.

You're not some civil war savant.
>>
>>32442807
+1 million per unit for profts
>>
>>32442971
It's a great idea.
>The mobile scissor lifts are slow as hell
It's just slow so you're not launching stuff into the air, it could be made faster

A lot of cold war designs went into lifts and such since air superiority couldn't be 100% guaranteed. Then the cold war ended and all the funding to everything stopped.
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: CVRT-FV102-Striker-02-740x611.jpg (138KB, 740x611px) Image search: [Google]
CVRT-FV102-Striker-02-740x611.jpg
138KB, 740x611px
>>32442815
You don't even have to expose the launcher, just mount the guidance system to a boom and the missile gets launched from the vehicle behind cover.
>>
>>32443013
>A lot of cold war designs went into lifts and such
A lot of Cold War designs went into a lot of stupid shit.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.