[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evening /k/ I'm currently issued a MICH 2002 but we've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Airframe_asdVelcro_h4.jpg (322KB, 1024x778px) Image search: [Google]
Airframe_asdVelcro_h4.jpg
322KB, 1024x778px
Evening /k/ I'm currently issued a MICH 2002 but we've been given the all clear for awhile to switch helmets. I've resisted up to this point however I recently tried on a buddies Ops-Core high cut and a Crye Airframe. Both felt 1000x better than the Mich 2002 (mine is upgraded with a team wendy suspension system and pads).

So between the Ops-Core and the Crye Airframe which wins? The Airframe looks like it has excellent air flow.
>>
>>32440785
An Ops-Core dial strap system will make wearing your MICH a completely different and better experience, and it's much, much cheaper than shelling out nearly a grand for a new helmet.
>>
>>32440832
I have the Team Wendy Boa system as mentioned above and it's a huge upgrade from the standard ACH shit. Would upgrading to the Ops-Core dial strap be a huge improvement over the team wendy setup?
>>
>>32440849
no, the team wendy is usually considered to be as good or better than the ops core worm dial
>>
>operators posting on 4chan

If this is true, do many others lurk on /k/
>>
>>32440785
Don't buy team wendy
They hate civilian and the 2nd amendment
>>
>>32443327
Hello newfag.
>>
File: blehblehblah.jpg (165KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
blehblehblah.jpg
165KB, 960x720px
>>32440785

We went to ops-cores a while ago and they're pretty fucking comfy. Considering you've already changed suspension system and pads over on your ACH the only real benefit you'll feel is if you mount your peltors/sordins to the rail as opposed to wearing them still with the headband.

After one of our guys had an incident where he had them attached to his rails and flipped up where they proceeded to get tangled in the static line of a bundle we were about to throw out a door, we now aren't allowed to mount them, so some of us still rock the ACH.
>>
pleb question regarding helmets:

How come the highest rating I've seen on them is IIIA? impracticality of higher protection? development?
>>
>>32443356
I just assumed the gear queers bought their stuff for fun, not for field practices.
>>
>>32443327
like for reals operators?
Does it matter? Besides I doubt they would openly tell us who they are.
>>
>>32443389
Going better on protection increases the weight too much. Greatly increases neck strain and risk of blunt/concussive trauma for relatively little gain in ballistic protection.
>>
>>32443327
>says the word ''issued''
>believes OP is a real operator
kys
>>
>>32443469
>>32443327

I'm an advisor. Not everyone who wears a high cut helmet is an operator.
>>
>>32443469
What real operators dont get shit issued to them by supply?
>>
File: 1471525534204.jpg (534KB, 801x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1471525534204.jpg
534KB, 801x1200px
>>32444308
spooky
>>
>>32444393

They do. Just that they tend to have the liberty of choosing alot of their own gear. There are many options and thus its doubtful that many are coincidently satisfied with what they are issued.
>>
Both are nice, had an opscore myself and later bought one for myself. What I liked is that M/L fit me perfectly. Havent gotten to try out AirFrame since they're rare to find/get here in Europe.

But both are good choices, it's more or less like choosing between an xbox or playstation, all preference.
>>
File: CmOARFhdx08.jpg (85KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
CmOARFhdx08.jpg
85KB, 960x960px
the ops core has a lower profile than the crye airframe
>>
>>32446194
Context for this picture?
>>
Anyone else think the high cut is more aesthetic than the super high cut/maritime?
>>
>>32446425
Until you've had peltors pressed down onto the tops of your ears for 8 hours while on a operation will you truly appreciate the maritime helmet.
>>
>>32446578
I see, damn. Kinda regret not getting a maritime when I had the chance a year ago ish. Now they're all sold out here, even for regular fast ballistic in non black.
>>
>>32446207
Iraq.

Looks like he's chillin' on top of some light freight boxes.
>>
I've had some trouble with the crye airframe as I have a big head but the helmet breathes pretty nicely and the strap is bar none is pretty nominal just with it had the ops-core strap witch in my mind is the most comfy and won't dig in at all if its set right
>>
>>32446207
he likes the way his mic smells
>>
>tfw stuck with the god awful torture device known as the USMC LWH.

WHEN THE FUCK AM I GETTING AN ACH.
>>
>>32449860

Dude, Im stuck with a old ass late 80s helmet that makes me look like a slav

Id give my left nut to trade that thing for an LWH
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.