[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a thread for any other service members, US or otherwise,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: desert.jpg (479KB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
desert.jpg
479KB, 5184x3456px
This is a thread for any other service members, US or otherwise, spending the holiday alone.

Tell stories, bitch about command, compare deployed vs home station chow hall holiday food, whatever.

Civis feel free to participate, I guess.
>>
My time to shine. My leave got fucked all the way from division.

>He isn't deploying, why should he matter? make him pull CQ every other day

I havent even done anything wrong. Im MEB out cause of the typical "Hurr Durr youre just being a bitch" mentality that led to me running on a broken leg for 6+ months.

If I have any advice for anyone here, its this: Don't get hurt. Ever. And if you do go to the medics constantly until the problem is fixed.
>>
>>32431704
Leave is a right, not a privilege brother. Any way for you to bypass the CoC? Inspector General or anything like that?
>>
>>32431733
IG told me to open door and that led nowhere. I don't really care, I should be out this time next year and this has been the only holiday season I haven't been home in 3 years. I'm just gonna MEB with the bennies and cut my losses.
>>
>>32431834
The NCO in me wants to yell at you a little bit and tell you to try again, but the rotten little scrap of humanity left next to my butthole tells me to let you do your thing because you're a person or something.

Do you have a plan for your life after you leave?
>>
>>32431873
Fish and Game officer back home, when I start ACAP I'll start looking at academy dates. If not, Ill GI Bill it up at a smaller school and maximize the most out of the money.
>>
I'm a qualified submariner but never did my cranking time so I'm doing it now during holiday standdown. Only work every 3 days but even the non work days count as crank time put in.

It's pretty funny going from someone with responsibilities to just washing dishes and burning flicks all day. It's dumb as fuck because I'm a real person who can do real work and there's a ton of nubs waiting to do it, but such is life.

Got boned with leave so I can't go home until next week, most likely spending Christmas alone in my barracks room beating my dick like it owes me money.
>>
>>32431895
Thank you for having a plan, so many dudes just leave and fail.
>>
>>32431912
>going from someone with responsibilities to just washing dishes
This is a career killer in the Air Force. Even if it's part time, and for no particular reason, it goes on the performance report that gets dragged from the depths ten years later when you're up for SNCO promotion.
>>
>>32431912
>most likely spending Christmas alone in my barracks room

Me too. I wouldnt be mad if I had a car, id probably be out camping right now.
>>
>>32431956

I dunno about air force, but in the submarine fleet, everyone is required to do 60 days of food service assistant duty. It's a rite of passage thing, typically done when you're brand new because you're literally useless and good for nothing but basic tasks like washing dishes.

Since we're in dry dock, my command has been sending me to all kinds of schools molding me into an ubersonartechmensch and never got around to making me do it. Now it's a long time later, ain't shit going down on standdown, so they plopped me in for shits and giggles.

It doesn't hurt evals or anything because literally everyone does it. I'm still progressing in quals and whatnot so it's a non-issue as far as professional develooment. I'm pretty hot shit at this command so I'm not losing any sleep over washing dishes.
>>
>>32432021
I love learning about the differences between services. It's so weird that a detail designed for shithead Airmen is actually common place for the Navy.
>>
>>32432170

Only a thing for subs as far as I know. Surface boats got a lot of dumb shit nubs can do, like swab decks and paint anchors. Not a lot of unskilled labor to do on submarines.
>>
>>32431622
drunk in my hotel room no duty could be worse could be better
>>
spending xmas alone in my room as well.

least i got the day off

wanna drink but i also feel like just driving around so i don't feel as alone. nothing but regret coming back to Okinawa. massive cut in pay and got kicked right in the dignity
>>
>>32432756
okinawa is dank fuck being in tejas
>>
>>32431622

had staff duty thanksgiving, took cq for family man 2014 i think

i dont mind it i just tell people im a jew and i celebrate hannukah so they dont feel bad
>>
>>32432818
Watch those words friend, look up the original meaning of Tejas.
>>
so much nog and christmas movies, korea in the army can suck my nuts
>>
>>32431622
Civilian here, but want to share a story my uncle told me.

>in the U.S. navy
>told to help bring turkeys into galley
>frozen fucks harder than stone
>dated 1983
>it's fucking 1995
>decided against ever eating turkey again until out of the navy

Happy Holidays!
>>
Can i bitch if im home on leave and am not happy?
I know i should be but everytime im back i just remember why i left so quickly. its little shit, like my mum yelling at our dog because nobody actually spends time training it but me and im stationed on the otherside of the country, Or like my grandma preaching to me about how i should go to church and how great jesus is.

Its fucking 330 on christmas and im drinking alone, i cant sleep, and i woke up from a dream that made me realize how little companionship ive got. I mean fuck i could be in afgahnistan still or working the main gate but im sitting on my ass drinking beer in my house, why am i not grateful? fuck it all. im probably just gonna buy a whore on new years and see if i feel better.
>>
>>32432968
I know those feels anyone. IDK what to say but I feel ya
>>
>>32432968
i know that feel bruh

>every fucking time i'm home on leave
>mom complains about us not coming home more often (i'm often stationed overseas)
>middle sister constantly talking shit about younger sister
>younger sisters life is perpetually fucked up and she refuses to get right
>oldest sister has money and is too good to be around us
>none of my sisters have kids from the same father NONE
>middle sister always tries to claim she's the only stable sibling but even fucks up rudimentary calls from me for assistance (asked her to forward me my DL after the renewed one came in and she loses it resulting in me not being able to drive for 8 months)
>dad complains about not having help or money for repairing the house but he bought my slow little sister a truck that she promptly destroyed.
>left my dogger with them to take care of while i do another 2 years overseas. "sorry anon but we had to put him outside because he got ticks on him" all black german shepherd that i spent thousands on training and proper food n shit now a mangy "backyard" dog
>left the majority of my guns with them. They pad locked them in a leaky shed outside because my oldest sister told my mother they are illegal to keep indoors
>recently asked me if i'm willing to let my oldest sisters retarded ear gauged drug addict son use my truck until he "gets on his feet"

shits almost poetic with how fucked it is. I love my family but christ man i can't believe they wonder why i elect to take only a few days of leave a year
>>
>>32432968
You should probably just kill yourself.
>>
>>32433015
>>32433023
i appreciate it anon. I don't think theres anything to say but knowing im not the only one with these feels helps.

Like i love them all and i feel bad about not wanting to spend more time around them. I dont even know why i took leave at this point, i couldve saved a fuckton of money if i was just gonna drink and be miserable. I guess il try to reconnect with some highschool friends, i only talk with like 2 of them still. maybe getting out will brighten my mood, not today though. I think most people spend christmas with their families wehter they want too or not.

I think this is probably the best place to ask, am i fucked up for wanting more action on my deployment? im in the airforce so i wasnt expecting much but getting rockets shot at me wasnt the thrill i was looking for. Theres a decent amount of guys back home who think im fucked in the head because i missed the suicide bombing at bagram by three days and im upset over not being there. it sucks people died dont get em wrong, i feel for the families and friends but i wanted something, anything to happen over there. Id say i regret not going infantry but all the guys i talked to at jbad just ssat around in the toc with their thumbs up their ass like me.

Thanks anons, i still feel like shit but its nice being able to talk about this with you guys.
>>
>>32433079
working on it. Figure il be dead by 30 at the latest
>>
File: 2nd_time_today.gif (1MB, 271x201px) Image search: [Google]
2nd_time_today.gif
1MB, 271x201px
I'm just sitting on post here all night, 14 hours watching people go to christmas eve parties on social media and stuff.

Hoping I'll find something to do when I wake up christmas afternoon. If not I've got beer and a bottle of rum in the fridge. Probably just get super drunk and listen to music. But I'm ok with that.
Just happy the commands all gone and can't fuck with us on our off time.
>>
File: 1467325751786.jpg (15KB, 286x197px) Image search: [Google]
1467325751786.jpg
15KB, 286x197px
>>32433104

>Just happy the commands all gone and can't fuck with us on our off time.

about 10 years ago when i was living in the bricks the sgt maj cut the power to the barracks for christmas and new years as an attempt to force everyone out to "celebrate".

cock sucking faggot grew up loving Christmas i get that but all it ever meant to me was working outside in the snow with a smaller crew

we took small solace in the fact that even the chaps called him a moron.

mfw even the chaplain apologized for not knowing about it or stopping it
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.