[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a greater example of victory than that of Napoleon at Jena

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Iena.jpg (180KB, 1400x1211px) Image search: [Google]
Iena.jpg
180KB, 1400x1211px
Name a greater example of victory than that of Napoleon at Jena & Auerstadt.

I'll wait.
>>
101st in the Seige of Bastogne
>>
>>32424383
Emus against the Australians in The Emu War.
>>
>>32424388
I can hear your lard thundering from here.

>>32424393
Humans, possibly Klingons, only.
>>
>>32424406
But can you hear the awful engines roar?
>>
>>32424416
god I hate that melody
>>
>>32424420
GORY
>>
>>32424383
>than that of Napoleon
His victory at Jena was one of his least impressive victories tbqh.
If you are speaking about based Davout at Auerstedt, then yes it was a miracle from heaven.

But even then; the defeated prussian troops escaped destruction and withdrew safely behind the Elbe river, they had a third army at (Magdeburg?) and their main fortresses were all still in their hands and well supplied, so it was reasonably to expect them to hold out long enough for the russian armies to arrive in germany.

The really BTFO moments came only after Jena&Auerstedt when the 'undefeatable' Prussians just collapsed whenever a french rider came only close to them and everything just imploded-
>>
>>32424383
>greater example of victory than a battle fought in the pre-20th century
The American Revolution. Napoleon was more of the same monarchial conquest bullshit. America fought for freedom.
>>
>>32424465
>GB trying to conquer India and keep the damn French down in europe
>a bunch of rednecks in america dont want to pay taxes
>GB has to send some german mercenaries over there, leading to years of smale-scale clashes
>France finally has enough and intervenes, leading to british defeat
>GB doesnt really care and concentrates on India, France concentrates on going bankrupt and noone in the civilized world gave a fuck in general

If this would not have led to the birth of a superpower down the line, it would have ranked as one of the most insignificant wars ever fought by large euopean powers.
>>
The Prussia of Jena & Auerstedt was so weak and backwards that it's not that impressive. They were like 50 years behind the times. A great victory should be against an equal.
>>
>>32424383
A month ago when I defeated the collective power of the middle eastern states and successor kingdoms in under 300 years
>with mostly falxmen
>>
>>32424501
Salty redcoat detected
>>
>>32424383
Winter over Napoleon.
>>
Battle of Kiev (1941)

Pretty impressive encirclement, perfect movement war tactics.

One sided battle wise

Battle of Omdurman (1898)
guns > ooga booga men surprisingly.
>>
>>32424383
>Name a greater example of victory than that of Napoleon at Jena & Auerstadt.
Gospodin General Frost C. Morozov, for BTFOing the entire french army in 1812
>>
Subadai's short recon trip into Europe.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.