[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of World of Guns? Bought the lifetime access

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: header (1).jpg (81KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header (1).jpg
81KB, 460x215px
What does /k/ think of World of Guns? Bought the lifetime access but I don't know much about guns since they're pretty expensive and hard to obtain here. Is it a faithful experience, or just preying on people who don't know better?
>>
>>32413493
p legit senpai
>>
>>32413493
I also have lifetime access. Even cross-referenced the guns in the game with the guns I own (lcp, 1911, mossberg 500, mosin) and from what I can tell they are spot on.
>>
Hahaha what? I had never heard of this thing and looked it up. Seriously?

Most of the guns I need to take apart I can usually figure it out. "Complicated military guns" are designed to be taken apart by 18 year old boots. They're not generally hard to disassemble and most of the information for what you need is freely available on YouTube. Or if you've got a really unique piece

Okay, I get it OP you're fairly new. So I'll give the benefit of the doubt since I have no idea what the game itself is like.

It mentions tiny details like down to the screw, but most people do not need that. Gunsmiths might need that, but you can sure as hell bet they're either going to look for an official source of information about the gun, not rely on some steam "game"

I have no idea what it costs since it's preying on the "free to play" shit, but maybe it's decent for teaching some of the mechanics of guns. But then again, most of it is truly free and out there on YouTube.

I do not think it serves much of a purpose. However, if you get however many dollars out of it you paid then that's fine. Granted, they're going for a really weird market. Most people with guns just want to learn their own guns and they have said guns to play with them. Noguns don't give a fuck about disassembly most of the time because they have no interest in guns. If they did have an interest in guns, they'd own one. Maybe it's for people who want to play with guns and are in unfree countries, since that sounds like where you are?
>>
>>32413493

Its a good reference tool but some of the disassembly stuff is made to look like you could do it yourself when you'd actually need really specialized equipment.

It also doesn't warn you about the numerous springs and shit that will fucking put your eye out if you're not careful.

But a great reference tool and very fun for seeing the anatomy of rare or prohibitively expensive guns, not to mention you could to see how full-auto works as a civilian.
>>
>>32413589
how often do you dis&ass your Flak88? What about your M2?

Just curious
>>
>>32413589
Yeah I mean unless I can finally get some money and travel to the US or something, I know I'll never get to see a Garand or a BAR in person. Videos are nice, but there's something about using a program that lets you see every detail of a weapon. Kinda like those cross-section books I used to enjoy as a kid.
>>
>>32413493
Yes, the AR-18 model in the game is based on an AR-18 I own.
>>
>>32413595
Kek tried taking FAL as far down as I dared using this and some other shit as a guide, no shit, whatever invisible hands are taking the gun apart in game must have super strength and grip.
>>
File: cool guy.jpg (63KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
cool guy.jpg
63KB, 600x450px
>>32413589
>>
>>32414339
Is that an adult? He looks 15 at most.
>>
>>32413589
>most people do not need that
Most people don't need guns either.
>>
>>32414339
That trigger discipline makes me hope he shoots himself
>>
>>32414392
SHALL
>>
>>32414481
WE
>>
File: AKS-74U size 3.png (199KB, 1086x431px) Image search: [Google]
AKS-74U size 3.png
199KB, 1086x431px
>rip and convert models
>3d print parts
>CNC route parts
tada smooth bore replicas of your favourite gunz

u scared now
>>
>>32414487
FUCK?
>>
>>32414529
There's already a full model of the AKM somewhere on github, I think it was by some obsessive Iranian guy.
>>
>>32413493
I asked something similar a long time ago.

paraphrasing what I got told: it's pretty legit, but you'll miss out on the real life experience of spilling lube everywhere and having springs fly across the room.

The xray/cutout operation mode is also pretty cool for seeing how the internal mechanics work in different systems.

Since you already bought the pass, it doesn;t really matter, but for anyone else, get the steam version, not the mobile shit. it's 70% less jew
>>
>>32413589
It is a weird niche, I'll give you that. That said, it is pretty cool if you're the sort of autist like me that enjoys tinkering with the inner workings of a gun. Yeah, a nugget or AR is redundant, but it's not like I'm gonna get to play around with, say, an MG42 any time soon. That goes doubly for guys that live in countries with even even worse gun laws. If you want to fuck around with the guts of an AR and you happen to live in, say, the UK, this game is probably the best you're going to get.
>>
File: Map.jpg (896KB, 2010x1640px) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
896KB, 2010x1640px
>>32414880
But now you can have moar guns!
>>
>>32415596
How much does it cost just to buy all that stuff out and support the developer?
Frankly, I don't have time for their bullshit progression system. And I do thin it's a neat enough thing to support with my $$$.
>>
>>32415664
Currently $17 for the full access thing on Steam
>>
>>32415674
I can handle that, pretty reasonable.
>>
>>32415664
65% off right now

$17, down from $50ish
>>
>>32415689
50 isn't reasonable IMO, but I'll do it for 17.
>>
Apparently steam is down. Guess I'll just do some binding of isaac or ftl till they want my money again.
>>
>>32415728
Ditto. What the hell happened?
I'd like to believe it was /k/ flocking to steam to get a good deal... Or it's just Christmas...
>>
>>32415701
Yeah, $50 feels a bit much, although they do have a steady stream of new guns coming out every month and theres a fuckload of content as is. I'd be happy paying $35 for it, personally

Even if you're not that into guns and stuff, it's a pretty nifty puzzle game to pass the time. bit of a shame the cars and skeletons aren't included in the deal though.
>>
>>32415758
I'm way into guns, which makes me want to pay for it. But frankly, most guns types I'm interested in, I own anyway.
I just want to satisfy some curiosities regarding FA trigger groups etc and watch the parts move in slow motion.
I've got games I'd MUCH rather play. I don't find world of guns fun in the least, the "gameplay" I did a couple years ago bores the shit out of me. I just want it for educational purposes.
>>
>>32413589
Kinda hard to find all these guns in person and have a chance to look at the inner workings.

This is mostly for people that would rather enjoy the model and aesthetics of guns rather than shooting and owning them. Weird Hobby, but a /k/ hobby none the less.
>>
>>32413493
I like that game quite a lot. It's not 100% accurate to disassemble in terms of the process because sometimes you HAVE to do things when you can do other things, like I recall I think you can't remove the leaf spring until you took off the manual safety or something like that on the M1911. That's not realistic, but in terms of parts, yeah, it's awesome. If I ever get a firearm that I can't figure out how to disassemble it, but it's on WoG, then I will go on that game and check it out, or watch a video of either someone disassembling a real version of the firearm, or find footage of the game's version. Some people shit on it because it's 'a free game' but 'you basically have to pay money to get all the firearms'. This may be true, unless you're REALLY fucking quick and precise at clicking parts, but ultimately, a lot of work and dedication went into the game, and they seem to be consistently improving it by not only adding more firearms, but also things like skeletal systems and vehicles. I very much believe it's worth money.

Same with the game theHunter. Yeah it's free-to-play but basically forces you to pay money to enjoy the ENTIRE game, but with all the work that went into it, they deserve some money, and I am not ashamed that I spent a solid $50 or more on theHunter. I had been saying for quite a few months that they should add a Lee Enfield; either a No.4 or a Mk.III*. Finally they added the Mk.III* Lee Enfield, and I was all too happy to spend money to get it. I don't think the bolt ended up being as fast as I liked, and the reloading mechanic wasn't quite to my liking, but they did well. I think they've since also added an M91/30, not to mention they've had the Kar98k available for over a year already if memory serves. People have been asking for things like AR-15s and Barret M82/M107 and bullshit like that, but I think that'd be just silly. Yes you CAN hunt with AR-15s, but I think it would go against the feel of the game.
>>
>>32415664
>>32415674
I no longer have access to my Steam account sadly, but I put MANY hours into the game to see just how many firearms I could unlock by just playing the game. I can't remember exactly how many, but it was dozens. I'll try to make a comprehensive list using the pic here >>32415596

>Rifle
SMLE Mk.III* (It didn't have adjustable rear sight/mag cut-off/volley sights, did it?)
Steyr Scout
Sig SG550S
Springfield (I think)
SKS
FN FAL (I think)
M14
Mauser 98k
M1 Rifle

>Assault Rifles
AK-47
Sig SG552 (I think)
HK G36E

>Pistols
M1911
CZ-75
Beretta 92
Sig P2022 (I think)
Ruger 22
Gsh-18
Liberator
Borschardt
AMT Backup
Colt Hammer (I think)
Glock 19
TT33 (or TT33, whichever it is)
Desert Eagle (I think)
Jericho
Sig P228
Mauser 1914

>SMGs
MP5
Tec-9
Vz.61
FN P90
PPSh-41
Mac 10
Uzi
MP40
M3 (Maybe? I definitely got the M14)
STEN

>Other
M60 (I think)
DP-27
ZiS (Possibly?)

You know what, there's too fucking many. Suffice it to say, I got most of them, but not all of them. Probably 3/4, and I didn't spend a dime, though I do believe it's a game worth money. I remember I won at least 2 firearms just by putting in the code quickly enough upon release. AK-74N might have been one, but one was DEFINITELY the L86A2. The Hi Power also used to have a US flag instead of the Belgian flag. I pointed out a few times that John M Browning died 9 years before it was finished and it was a Belgian dude who finalized the design. Eventually, they changed the flag to a Belgian one. So I kinda sorta contributed to a small change in the game by being a nitpicking little shithead, but it only seems proper. Designed in Belgium, initially produced in Belgium, majority of the final product was designed BY a Belgian. Yeah John Moses Browning is a Godsend to the firearm community and to be respected and revered, but I think they named it 'Browning' Hi Power out of respect for him because it was his final project before death, rather than to point out the person who designed it.
>>
>>32413589
It's not a goddamn guidebook it's for people who are interested in the inner workings of a multitude of different firearms.
>>
File: 5cb.jpg (83KB, 1012x718px) Image search: [Google]
5cb.jpg
83KB, 1012x718px
>>32414231
That FAL buttstock spring. I thought take down tools were a numale meme.
>>
>>32413493
I've been meaning to buy the lifetime pass or whatever it's called for the last 3 or so steam sales and this finally got me to do it, so thanks OP.
>>
>>32414339
I have never welded a loaded gun, but thanks to you faggots my eyes always goes directly to the trigger
>>
>>32413493
It would be a lot better if they showed the hands and tools taking the gun apart, but it's free, so it's great regardless.
>>
>>32413607
this
>>
>>32420245

Safety ain't a meme bub. Last thing you want is to be shot accidentally by some idiot.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.