[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I kind of have a weird goal, /k/. I want to pick up a "medieval

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

So, I kind of have a weird goal, /k/. I want to pick up a "medieval warrior, modern arms" aesthetic for Reasons. I've already done some research on this, and the biggest sticking points I've found are:
>gloves that look medieval but can pull a trigger
>proper aiming with a helmet
>incorporating earpro/eyepro into a helmet

Any suggestions on how to address these? I'm willing to compromise the look a little bit for functionality, or, honestly, for cheapness.
>>
>>32406723
Get gloves that don't have the metal plating on the end of your finger, just the hands and between the first and second knuckle.

Probably get an open face helmet, but with any metal around your cheek you're not going to get a good check weld.

And just get ear plugs you dummy.

As for the second one, just browse around looking at helmets until you can find something that looks decent enough. If you can't, I guess it might actually be worth it to get a laser sight
>>
Like the other guy said, open face helmets, ear plugs, and honestly, just friggen get leather gloves, or get a quality pair of metal ones, but that costs major money, yo. So does proper looking armour. You cannot cheap-ass something like this and look good. Good mail need to be either riveted or ridiculously small links if you wanna roll kebab (like 4mm rings), helmets should fit you and not look and feel like a bucket on your head, clothes underneath oughta be nice linen and wool... etc.
>>
>>32406723
>"medieval warrior, modern arms" aesthetic for Reasons
It's dangerous to crusade alone anon...
>>
Also just noticed that he's holding a fuckin' Abakan.
>CHEEKI BREEKI DEUS VULT
>>
>>32406723
>medieval crossbowmen just you know with guns
wow that was hard!
>>
>>32408532
That's not as aesthetic as a Templar with guns
>>
>>32408674
there is a very good reason why crossbowmen looked the way they did. and they can look pretty fucking dope.

you really have to decide what kind of combat it would be because the armor must reflect that. if it's ranged then don't fucking go with templar look. if they just bludgeon each other with ak47s then go ahead!
>>
>>32408674
have you btw tried to ever aim with a rifle in a face mask? it's pretty much impossible. yup. forget visors! forget masks! unless it's shooting from the hip.
>>
>>32408674

Hey now. Some crossbowmen looked positively operator as fuck.
>>
File: 1468627400902.jpg (49KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
1468627400902.jpg
49KB, 480x479px
>>32408911
If God wills it, so be it.
>>
File: Late 12th century crossbow fag.jpg (71KB, 257x491px) Image search: [Google]
Late 12th century crossbow fag.jpg
71KB, 257x491px
>>32406723
>I've already done some research on this
>Which is why I couldn't come up with the idea for plain leather gloves on my own

>>32408532 nailed it.
>>
File: 1482434507087.jpg (422KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482434507087.jpg
422KB, 1920x1080px
>>32408911
>>
>>32408880
if it's for a costume/ fun, imo a knight-type setup would be cooler *looking*
Also I have and I agree it does fucking suck
>>32409394
Little known fact-
Human eyes don't always point dead ahead
>>
>>32410133
>Human eyes don't always point dead ahead
look at the red line it is crossing the very edge if the cutout allowing for maximum convergence with the trajectory for the right eye.
>>
>>32410891
good point, I didn't see it that way
>>
File: 11.jpg (22KB, 356x367px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
22KB, 356x367px
>looks like a medieval warrior
>>
File: Sniper_Helmets.jpg (28KB, 320x271px) Image search: [Google]
Sniper_Helmets.jpg
28KB, 320x271px
>>32408911

On the contrary, it is possible to sharpshoot with an enclosed helmet, just really difficult to do from a comfortable position. Here are a set from WWI. Turn of the last century gear was pretty aesthetic before camo came along and ruined everything.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.