[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /k/ hate every weapon that isn't a gun? >archery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: 04476c4013f34c155494b672be63db30.jpg (420KB, 775x1024px) Image search: [Google]
04476c4013f34c155494b672be63db30.jpg
420KB, 775x1024px
Why does /k/ hate every weapon that isn't a gun?

>archery threads die with less than 10 replies, you guys treat bows, even modern compounds as stupid
>every time crossbows get mentioned everyone waves them off as autistic toys and not something designed to fucking kill
>apparently only liberals and neets can be interested in swords and pole arms so if you buy either or discuss either your a communist NEET.
>>
File: 1440550380132.jpg (50KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1440550380132.jpg
50KB, 1024x768px
>>32400426
>/k/ is one person

I love any sort of blunt weaponry, especially knucks. I guess people are just more interested if it goes boom.
>>
It's usually because those are weapons of the past.
>>
Because modern firearms make every other weapon look like hot garbage in 99.8% of scenarios, while those 0.2% of scenarios are solved by a taser, telescopic baton, or a long dagger.
>>
Elitism. It's all about what weapon kills the most efficiently, with the most capacity, in the smallest/lightest platform, in the most lethal caliber, etc. etc.
>>
>>32400426

Gun-snobs, that are using a weapon someone else designed and had a factory make
>>
>>32400426

Archery threads die because they're a smaller community so there's fewer anons to comment.

Crossbows do get a lot of hate but if you were wanting to get a replica one from back in the day you'd probably get praise

Sword threads get shit because 90% of the time it's a stupid liberal trying to buy a shitty $40 dollar piece of pot metal and pretend like their sword can effectively be used for home defense. If you're into HEMA and know what you're talking about you'll get a much better response.
>>
File: glaive.gif (20KB, 801x1148px) Image search: [Google]
glaive.gif
20KB, 801x1148px
>>32400556
But the past has cool shit.
Like these guys. Sexy.
>>
>>32400562
Didn't realize you can only be interested in weapons for use in combat
>>
>implying /k/ responds to any kind of thread that isn't thinly disguised /pol/ or low effort b8
>>
>>32400651
most of the hate hema fags get is from other, more elitist hema fags.
>but that weapon isn't sharp
>but it's too bendy
>but it'll deform if you use because it's not bendy enough
>but it's not historically accurate because it's not MY manual
and so on, so forth.
>>
File: 26512357882345.jpg (38KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
26512357882345.jpg
38KB, 600x800px
>>32400426
Generally the people who talk about swords and polearms are insufferable children with autism, anime enthusiasts or very rarely someone who has a real, historical and academic interest in them.

Anyone seriously interested in old swords and weapons will go to the militaria.co forums or nihontoclub. I've had nihonto hobby for over a decade and wouldn't dream of posting about it on here, all the threads are about how katanas are still practical self defense weapons and "muh modern steels" sperg outs.
>>
>>32400426
>hate
more like don't care. guns are the most accessible and effective small arms devised so far.
>>
>>32400426
Modern compound bows ARE stupid. It's not even archery any more. I'd say the same about stupid olympic style air pistols and rifles.

Not saying it's not challenging or skillful, it's just not a weapon anymore.
>>
>>32400697
As compared to weapons for use as prostate stimulators?
>>
>>32400697
when you play with guns, your target explodes. that's awesome.
other weapons don't have that appeal.

desu i find bladed implements cool - especially knives; but not cool enough to take my money over guns.
>>
Pre-gunpowder reproduction weapons are expensive
Guns are also expensive

Most people on /k/ can't afford to spend a lot of money on both, most choose to spend more money on guns, maybe a little on swords/knives etc. The ones who choose to spend lots of money on swords don't talk about them on /k/ because all the responses they get are usually from people who don't understand that you can actually own guns and not spend every waking second thinking about buying another AR15
>lol buy a gun
>lol you'll just get shot
>>
DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA

CAN BOW DAKKA?

DIDNT FINK SO
>>
>>32400651
>tfw hema sounds pretty fun
>tfw there is nothing for 200 miles
Just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
>>32401095
>Finally move somewhere that has a HEMA club 30 minutes away
>Don't have enough extra cash to get into it
Fuck me
>>
>>32401123
>>32401095
>tfw to out of shape for HEMA

just fucking step on my balls pls
>>
>>32401150
Honestly being out of shape isn't a huge deal, assuming you're not so out of shape you're rolling around in a cart like a fat woman in wal mart buying 30 inch pizzas for an afternoon snack

use HEMA as a way to get into shape, just don't expect to be the next Fiore
>>
>>32400426
>Why does /k/ hate every weapon that isn't a gun?

It didn't used to be like this years before. Ever since Sandy Hook, every faggot has came here wanting to talk about guns, guns, guns.

Want to talk about history, design of firearms or even non firearm weapons? Too bad, there's a thread about fantasizing about being a gunman in a race war that needs space.
>>
>>32400426
Sweet Jesus is that a snork?
>>
>>32401011
Most weapons we own will never be fired at another human, or used in a self defense or combat situation is what I meant. Guns are fun, bows are fun, fencing is fun. Don't discount any until you've given it a serious attempt
>>
>wtf is this HEMA
>wiki
>ok thats pretty cool

>>32401150
what >>32401178
said. although I will add you should start out with doing yoga or tai chi first. If you think youre too outta shape to do something strenuous, like getting in shape, its best to find out what your body is capable of while strengthening it and increasing your sense of balance
>>
>>32401302
It's what happens when german college students are given swords
>>
>>32400600

>2016
>still shooting the pullstring jew

I want neo /k/ to leave
>>
>>32400426
I have a bow, it's nice but pretty basic.

>every time crossbows get mentioned everyone waves them off as autistic toys and not something designed to fucking kill
this kills the knight

>apparently only liberals and neets can be interested in swords and pole arms so if you buy either or discuss either your a communist NEET.
only if it's well made & classy, if not that then it can at least be something wild.
>>
>>32400426
because the only thing more autistic than gunfags are fucking bow and arrow/javelin/a thousand time folded true japanese steel katana-fags
>>
>>32400993
How? They offer more draw strength with more ease of use
You get to use war bow poundages with far less effort
If you're taking about speed shooting then fuck off Lars your shit isn't historically accurate
>>
>>32400686
>>>/his/
>>
How 2 get into archery? It seems really interesting
>>
File: reginalddenny[1].jpg (77KB, 650x512px) Image search: [Google]
reginalddenny[1].jpg
77KB, 650x512px
ever since the LA riots , I keep a five foot recurve bow and 30 inch arrows in the glove box of my truck
>>
>>32400686
spears are awesome for innnawoods, and were the goto for people up till what the 1600's-1700's? they are multipurpose, and can be used to help make shelter, fuck up wildlife for protection and dinner, fuck up bandits for fun and profit, check to see if streams are fordable, and as a walking stick.
>>32401011

and even as a prostate stimulation device if you as basic and vanilla as that.

>>32401088
filthy greenskin xenos
>>
File: images (3).jpg (16KB, 387x380px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
16KB, 387x380px
>>32400792
>muh historical artifacts!
>j-just for study
>nihonto isn't weeb autism

Middle aged retards "collecting" overpriced garbage in a vain attempt to justify their fedora and anime library.
>>
>>32402221
>/k/-Weapons
>but only certain kinds of weapons
>>
>>32402222
Step 1: buy a bow
Step 2: nice quads
Step 3: go to archery range and ask if they can teach you to shoot
Step 4: practice
Step 5: if no danger, buy hay bale and targets
>>
>>32400556
Say that to me holding a rock IRL and not over the Internet faggot.
>>
>>32400426
This isn't >/k/ - weapons
It's /k/ - American gun culture and shitposting about military hardware
>>
>>32402222
buy a bow (a good starter compound like a bear wild or one of their traditional bows like a grizzly or kodiak), channel your autism to watch youtube and read sites about how to properly shoot a bow, decide between traditional gap shooting/instinctive or using a front sight and rear peep with a compound, then practice.
>>
>>32400426
>It's usually because those are weapons of the past.
So you wouldn't give a fuck about flintlock rifles because they're from the past
Kys you mongaloid blood belching vaginal wart faggot
>>
File: 1476735253908.jpg (32KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1476735253908.jpg
32KB, 500x364px
>>32402222
Go to an archery store and say 'hey i'm looking to get into archery and i have a budget of xxx.xx'

Buying a bow online and then watching videos about how to shoot is the best way to find yourself forgetting the hobby in a month due to terrible form and illogical practices.
>>
File: Canadian Swear Word.jpg (26KB, 855x187px) Image search: [Google]
Canadian Swear Word.jpg
26KB, 855x187px
>>32400686
>>
>>32400426
sage
>>
>>32400562
/thread
>>
>>32402235
I exhaled forcefully.
>>
>>32400426
I really just hate the blade weeaboos who obsess over having a guy with a knife attack them and take away their gun without hurting them so they can have a knife fight and put their Sykes-Fairbairn training to use.

And fat edgy girls/guys who think that carrying a knife will keep them from being raped.

I don't even resent knives as tools, but the guys who try to concoct scenarios where a knife is a weapon of choice are mostly delusional.
>>
>>32403887
LOL filename
>>
>>32401265
This
>>
K doesn't know anything about history OP its all just 20th century weapons
>>
>>32400426
because people start shit threads like yours
theres been plenty of good threads
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.