[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I shoot my AR15 I can drive tacks with the optic but can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: Nyi6mTT.png (569KB, 687x687px) Image search: [Google]
Nyi6mTT.png
569KB, 687x687px
When I shoot my AR15 I can drive tacks with the optic but can't shoot for dick on irons. Why?
>>
>>32399533
Because you don't have good grasp of sight alignment, sight picture, and repeatable cheek placement.

Try learning from literally any of the thousands of basic bitch shooting guides out there.
>>
>>32399533
Or, your eyesight may be worse than you think it is. Get your shit looked at.
>>
>>32399552
>>32399591
How about both? That adorable hungry-for-tacos-from-paco's mexican girl may be right.
>>
>>32399533
Irons are for real operators. Optics are for kids who can't hit shit.
>>
>>32399897
This
When I go hunting I don't use a scope because it's for pussies
Granted I've never gotten a deer but it's probably because they're so smart
>>
>>32399897
>i don't use the best possible option because it doesn't align with muh tradition
literally fudd logic
>>
>>32399897
only reason I don't have any optics is because I like the look of irons and I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on glass
>>
>>32399533
You might be a spaz. Get your eyesight checked and then look for nervous system issues, thats how my father started to realize he had parkinsons. First it was ironsights acting up then bam.
>>
>>32401711
>hundreds of dollars to spend on glass

What inflation-addled African backwater are you from where a functional scope costs hundreds of dollars?
>>
>>32404627
Not everyone buys cheap shit like you, anon. Good optics cost money.
>>
>>32404627
>ACOG is top tier but $1500 new
>decent red dots are $100-200
>rifle scopes can vary between $200 and $2000
>EOTech is $400+ and people meme about production flaws
I could just get some airshit red dot but I'd rather get a nice one that will last a long time
>>
>>32399533
Learn how to use your irons before you learn to use an optic. Thats like learning to run before walking.

Nigger
>>
>>32404652
Sorry, that's just stupid. A $40 9x scope is infinitely superior to your irons, but you'll keep using cheap-ass irons because "good optics cost money." Suit yourself.
>>
File: Nig_Sight.jpg (26KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
Nig_Sight.jpg
26KB, 400x266px
>>32404728
Until that cheap optic falls apart or loses zero.

if you are using a cheap optic for plinking with your 10/22, that is fine.

if you think your cheap optic will work for STHF / Rahowa, I would keep to irons.
>>
>>32404888
>actually basing your decisions on the anticipation of STHF / Rahowa

I stand by my initial assessment of your intelligence.
>>
>>32405204
I stand by my initial assessment of (YOU)
>>
>>32404728
>$40 9x
Holy fuck, does it come with a crack in the glass and did you buy it out of someoens trunk?
>>
>>32406117

https://www.google.com/#tbm=shop&q=9x%20scope%20scope&tbs=vw%3Al%2Cmr%3A1%2Cprice%3A1%2Cppr_min%3A30%2Cppr_max%3A45

Let me google that for you, kid.
>>
>>32406135
Oh, so shit that wears out after 100 rounds. Ok, if you only shoot once or twice a year then yeah, that's a pretty good deal.
>tfw your scope mounts cost more than your scope
>>
>>32399533
Most modern optics are sturdy enough to be used as field-expedient hammers, but irons require you to focus on the front sight, not your target, so it makes sense that you'd have trouble shooting at dicks with them.
>>
Iron sights are inherently inaccurate.
>>
>>32406190

fucking /thread lmfao
>>
>>32406182
>>32406202

I meant this guy whoops
>>
>>32406152
>Oh, so shit that wears out after 100 rounds

Pssst - if you just kept your mouth shut you wouldn't come across as such a tard.
>>
>>32406228
Uh huh, I mean tasco is good and all, as long as you don't sneeze on it that is.
Also
>if I say kid it'll make me look like I have authority
Sorry, it's autism, it'll make you look like you have autism.
>>
>>32404728
KEK! You seriously think I only use irons on my rifle? No. I like both my irons and my optics. You're just a retard who is willing to spend hundreds if not thousands on a rifle but are too much of an idiot to recognize that quality glass is important if your a serious shooter. Also your analogy sucks cock. A $40 optic is better than irons but my $400 optic is better than your shitty one simply based on quality alone. I bet you own a closet full of hi points.
>>
>>32406152
Tasco-tier garbage is objectively at least as good as military-grade optics from WW2.
>>
>>32406448
>A $40 optic is better than irons
(doubt)
>>
>>32399533
I'm the complete other way around. I cannot shoot for shit with any optics of any sort, but I can shoot a specific twig off a tree at 50-70 yards and get torso sized groupings nearing the max range of the rifle. Some folks are wired differently, I suppose.
>>
>>32401491
underrated
>>
>>32404627
Most of /k/ holds the opinion that all optics under $300 are garbage that will literally be destroyed by any amount of use. They never considered the possibility that not every firearm and scope are bought for precision shooting.
>>
>>32409880
All optics under $300 ARE garbage.
>>
>>32412415
Sorry, that's just retarded, You can find hundreds of people who have used cheap 9x scopes for years with no issues. You sound like you have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>32412796
I would say anything below 200 dollars you're really going to be struggling with compromises.
>>
File: AR 15.jpg (836KB, 1851x2955px) Image search: [Google]
AR 15.jpg
836KB, 1851x2955px
>>32401711
>only reason I don't have any optics is because I like the look of irons
Same
>>
You get more for your money if you buy fixed power scopes.
>>
>>32412415
>>32413886
That was true until Vortex came along. You still have to make SOME compromises compared to a Trijicon or Aimpoint, but they work just fine.
>>
Muzzle control.
>>
>>32399533
>When I shoot my AR15 I can drive tacks with the optic but can't shoot for dick on irons. Why?
Congrats, OP, you just discovered the best advancement in firearm related technology in the past 30 years: optics.

Let me guess, you started out shooting optics and then went to irons when it should have been the other way around?
>>
>>32401491
>Granted I've never gotten a deer but it's probably because they're so smart

My sides holy shit
>>
Sight picture sight picture sight picture. 90% of accurate fire is sight picture. Since you are "driving tacks" with your optic, im assuming you have good breathing technique and trigger squeeze etc, but sight picture could make Lord Kyle miss Rosie O'Donnell. A good technique they taught us in the army (with the AR platform) is to put your nose on the charging handle every time you shoulder. That way your face is always in the same place. You may have to re-sight your optics and irons, but its a useful trick i still use cirrently. Hope this helps.
>>
>>32414068
Like you know... body alignment and not slacking your muscles, or pulling the trigger instead of squeezing.
>>
>>32409809
Stop
>>
>>32402220
Actually?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.