[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you guys say is the real-life equivalent of the Zone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: 1479762884218.gif (2MB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1479762884218.gif
2MB, 245x180px
What would you guys say is the real-life equivalent of the Zone?
>inb4 real exclusion zone

I mean more like a dangerous place inhabited only by those who dare to risk their lives against the environment and the creatures living in it.
>>
Donbass
Syria
>>
>>32396925
shit-holes like
>parts of the Middle east
>parts of africa
>parts of South america

if you mean more like in a man vs nature kind of sense. well, i guess in the frozen north or the gobi desert can give you some harsh living conditions
>>
>>32396925
Probably the Syrian war zones and ISIS border areas. Plus the drug jungles in Columbia, Ecuador, Brazil. The cartel owned parts of Mexico, and plenty of other parts of mexico get rough too.
>>
You know all those weird shitholes nobody really knows or hears about? Those.
>>
>>32396925
Some places in Appalachia feel this way sometimes. You never know what you are going to find innawoods out here.
I've been stalked by moonshiners, jumped out of a meth lab window, removed squatters, shot at accidentaly, been chased by a bunch of pissed of teenagers on 4 wheelers, run ins with police, and more.
Always bring a gun innawoods, folks.
>>
Snake Island. Seriously.
>>
File: 1479470015350.gif (2MB, 386x264px) Image search: [Google]
1479470015350.gif
2MB, 386x264px
>>32398413
story time! story time!
>>
>>32399040
>>32398413
FUCK YEAR STURRY TIM
>>
>>32399050
Story Tim. On mobile, so bear with me.
Not really as crazy as you'd expect I'd imagine, poor people just do stupid shit in the woods.
>I hung around this podunk gun shop in WV and ended up befriending some of the regulars.
>It got out that I was a competent outdoorsman, which is surprisingly rare around there for someone my age.
>I also spent a lot of my childhood trespassing on other people's land learning to cheeki breeki and all that because I was a landless peasant.
> A lot of these guys were older and inheriting their deceased parents/ siblings land
>When land sits empty up in those hills, undesirables move in quick.
>One of the LGS guys was complaining about squatters on his dads land making/ selling drugs.
>I volunteered to recon it since they had threatened him before.
>Nobody points a rifle at an old man
>Grab 10/22, binos, pemican, and patrol pack and go innawoods
>Park a mile out across the river, move up the bank since their trailer is on the river bank.
>Watch for a few hours, no one's home until after dark
>repeat the next day, same story, cross the river and investigate their campsite
>Their growing pot in some ramshackle lean-tos
>Report my findings to landowner, we drive down their the next day with our pickups and a 3rd man.
>Set security, 3rd man on hill with rifle
>Smash all of their hydroponics equipment, then I get an idea
>I take our trucks and pull them up to opposite sides of the house trailer.
>I take our tow ropes and throw the hooks through the windows and attach them to our front towhooks.
>On three, we each reverse.
>House trailer is obliterated. Push the remains into the river with my truck.
>Burn the remainder of their grow equipment and amscray. Blast some Copperhead Road as I peel out.
> Squatters are never heard from again, prolly skipped town after.
> I get a quiet reputation as a man who can handle himself and solve problems with junkies, trespassers, poachers, and other assorted acts of innawoods banditry.
>>
>>32399809
Samefag here, I'll pre type some more out. Let me know if there's interest and I'll post them
>>
>>32399843
Moar
>>
>>32398413
This isn't just Appalachia, it's pretty much any wooded area in the midwest and west coast.
>>
>>32399892
I think it's more striking in Appalachia because of its lack of law and order while being so close to the completely domestic East Coast Megalopolis development, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>32398492
Hah hah, holy shit! Never heard of it until now.
>>
>>32399928
That's fair enough. But you get some similar things in Oregon/WA. Wood California/AZ/NV border areas have pretty shady shit going on, too. I've had my fair share of meth labs including one of them that even tried to shut off an entire unimproved road going to my property.
>>
>>32398413
>jumped out of a meth lab window
Small world
>>
>>32399809
I dig this. Youre doing good work
>>
Texas/Mexico border.
>>
>>32399809
How would you rate their weed?
>>
>>32400089
Thank you friend, have another
>One early falI morning, I was just walking through some old railroad property in a valley, and I just started walking up the steep ridge on the west side.
>Walking straight uphill for 15 min or so
>nothing but shitty maple trees, no roads, no houses, no trails, no deer paths, nothing around at all.
>I stop to take a break. Sit down and eat a pear.
> Start back uphill, l look up where I'm headed, and I see him.
>A really big bald guy in a black sweatshirt standing next to the only oak tree on the slope, I stop and get low like I always do, not sure if he's seen me or not.
> He has to have seen me, we just stood there looking at each other about 100 yds apart.
>I about face the fuck out of there when I see his buddy move into view from behind the big oak tree they were standing around
>I'm trying to control my descent down this steep ass grade
>I can hear them knocking rocks and sticks loose behind and above me as they follow me down quickly.
>When I hit the valley floor I had put some distance between us. I could move faster than them on the flat ground now, but I'm in the sun now and easy to see.
>I book it down the valley north. They are following me from 1/4 way up the ridge, I can hear them. I know that that ridge turns into these impressive sheer cliffs further north.
>I have to beat them to the cliffs to put a barrier between them and me.
>I make it to the beginning of the cliffs, I find a little undercut and wait, hoping they'll pass me, can't hear them anymore, gotta go with my gut.
>>
>>32400240
Continued
>I wait, then start heading back south down the valley, low and slow.
>I must have waited too long because I hear two men talking, they just sound like bad men in ther voices I can't describe it, moving up the valley towards me.
I crawl into a fallen ponderosa pine and wait again.
>They pass, one within a couple yards, don't see me.
>Thank fuck for flektarn in September!
> Run back to my truck, bat out of hell.
>Learned a few days later from some locals that this felonious duo were shining up there. Of all the goddamn hills to walk up, I randomly picked "theirs".
>>
File: wetzel.jpg (78KB, 299x389px) Image search: [Google]
wetzel.jpg
78KB, 299x389px
>>32400240
>tfw spent half my childhood in the city
>ywn will never grow up in the woods
>ywn grow up and become an outdoorsman
>ywn get to be a IRL mountianman

It hurts guys
>>
>>32400253
You know.

It seems like with all that private land with owners needing help, you could start a private investigative/security business and make a killing.

If you ever do hire me pls. I get a hardon just thinking about chasing bad guys through the woods.
>>
>>32400233
The operation was in its infancy, otherwise I could have thrown one hell of a party afterwords
>>
>>32399809
Holy shit, are you me?

>be 8th grade me
>be bored as fuck
>go innawoods
>friend(who is /fit/) talks about seeing this one house's mail piling up when he was last running
Iseewherethisisgoing.gif
>He says he wants to check it out in case they are hurt or something(turns out later that he knew they were shady as fuck and thought they finally did the big one and had a gang war)
>Get there and no one is home
>we go around back looking for the easiest way in(fuck any other logic, we were getting in there)
>our third man was poking around the shed while we were scouting
youneedtoseethis.mp3
>we come over and there are three big bricks of cocaine, two bricks of weed, and loose bags of what we assume was meth
>we all just look at each other wondering what we got ourselves into
>next thing we know this 8 year old kid comes running out of the woods with mini-14
>He aims at us and tells us to fuck the fuck off or he'd paint the lawn with us, says his dad already called the cops
>we tell him to calm his shit and that we're leaving
>we absolutely sprint for 3 miles back onto our side of the mountain through bush thicker than Cambodia
>fucking south WV always come armed and ready for a total shitshow
>>
>>32400276
Well I actually grew up in a shitty suburb, friendo. I learned to be a man through the boy scouts and the novels of Hemingway, Jack London, Cormac McCarthy, and Win Blevins. I started sneaking around on local farms and orchards near my houseand learned how to be sneaky.
All of these storis happened when I moved to Appalachia when I was 17.
It's not too late for you.
>>
more legit innawoods stories plox
>be me
>go innadesert for halloween campout
>get fucked up in some injun ruins way out in the sticks
>literally just tagged along, didn't bring anything but a sleeping bag
>we leave shit out there
>weeks later some national park guy checks out the place and sees its all trashed
>gets on national news sites
>nothing happens
felt kinda bad when I found out. was kinda too fucked up to realize while I was there.
>literally the best story I got
>>
>>32400349
another anon
>be flipfag
>going innawoods=getting captured by commies
>>
>>32396925
>I mean more like a dangerous place inhabited only by those who dare to risk their lives against the environment and the creatures living in it.
Chicago
>>
>>32399809
>Smash all of their hydroponics equipment, then I get an idea
You're an idiot.

Why not keep or sell it
>>
>>32400418
cause hes not a degenerate who supplies drug dealers. He wants to kill the operation not pass the torch.

Or so it seems to be atleast.
>>
>>32400450
>not growing based tomatoes in your sekrit unnaground bunker
>>
>>32400349
You give me hope, just moved to the Pacific Northwest, plan on going hunting for the first time in my life when the seasons start
>>
>>32400378
>be inna Texas "woods"
>on the Texas border with Mexico.
>all mesquite trees, cactus, and yucca plants.
>fucking around with my best bro after dark
>in a forest of plants that want to hurt you.
>start hearing a woman scream.
>one of 3 things is happening
>Border Patrol arrests
>Illegals/kickapoos getting fucked up and beating on a chick (was pretty common. Especially among the fucking Kickapoo.)
>OR
>every Mexican kid's nightmare, La Llorona the crying woman ghost is coming for us.
>all three are not good for us.
>try to book it home
>running through shit that is cutting and stabbing us
>see lights of our neighborhood, take a break
>start hearing children laugh
>NOPENOPENOPE
>haul so much ass home we run into my front door covered in mud, sticks, spines, basically look like Austrailian bukkake.
>hide until sunrise.
>dad is a border patrol agent
>was in the area
>mad I was out so late because mom saw us run in
>makes me tell him the story
>"and then a woman screamed"
>He gets this fucking Vietnam Flashback stare
>he heard the screams too
>had to go look for the source all night
>he saw a group of illegals on one of their cameras hear the noise and book it back to the river.
>had to go chase them too.
>found abso-fucking-lutely nothing about any woman.
>all the illegals are scared shitless.

Tfw you and your dad are innawoods and have the ssme spoops but don't know until later.
>>
>>32400450
>being against drugs
Oh my god, go back to the 50s.
>>
File: isso aqui e um alteres.jpg (81KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
isso aqui e um alteres.jpg
81KB, 960x720px
>>32400524
Welcome to the real life post-18 years old, where you have responsabilities and don't want to get arrested.

Hopefully you'll fuck off before i beat you with a large wooden stick.
>>
>>32400378
Here's anothern
>Another landowner from the shop asks me to check on his brother's land.
>Says he thinks there are guys poaching deer up there and wardens/ police are blowing him off like they always do in this part of the country.
>His brother still lives on the family farm and is disabled so he can't go in his woods, says he's been hearing people driving around, lights at night, gunshots, etc.
>It was January and we got a fresh snow the night before, so I'm in overwhites I made.
>Do a big loop, really just looking for squirrels or ruffed grouse for dinner. Since the snow is covering evidence of the poachers.
>Stop to make the tea, drinking my hot toddie when I see an old farmhouse. >Landowner mentioned his grandad's house was back there at the other end of the property.
>On my way to it I notice someone has taken an axe to lower limbs of some of the trees around the house.
>Cue my gut, what kind of poacher is gathering firewood?
>Get close to the farmhouse and there's plastic sheeting over the blown out windows.
>I really don't want to go inside, but I gave my word.
>First floor, enter thtough a missing door. >I find the green firewood stacked in one corner, a bunch of trash in another. Food cans, coleman propane tanks, various pharmaceutical waste.
>>
>>32400783
Continued
>Great, a meth lab.
>One piece of trash catches my eye, an empty bulk box of American Eagle .223
>I decide against going upstairs, no one around there had an AR then, I spend enough time in the gun shop to know that. These guys are likely very serious.
>Leave, get halfway to the truck and figure, fuck it, I gave my word I have to be sure it's a methlab.
>Walk back a different way, go upstairs, yup it's surely a meth lab. A lived in meth lab, but it's currently unoccupied.
>Walking back down the stairs When I hear the unmistakable sound of a truck in 4 low crunching through fresh snow.
>I dash into one of the unused first floor rooms, close the door.
>From out front, one truck door closes
>A second truck door closes.
>Did I just hear a bolt rack?
>I feel sick
>Junkie A starts hollering about how someone's here, citing my prints in the snow.
>It's so hard to hear with my heart pounding in my ears
>Junkie B, the brains of the operation, calls A a fucking idiot and says whoever they are, they left because the prints I left come and go back
>As the crunching of snow moves closer to the front door and a full junkie argument ensues, I climb out the back window so carefully, so quietly, so slowly, and slide down the slope behind the house out of sight, lowly and slowly, nauseously making my way back to the truck.
>We got the cops to finally go raid it after a couple days, but I must have spooked them because they had cleared out in a hurry by the time the law got there.
>Moral of the story is, always trust your gut and always cut off some pine baughs and tie them to your belt loop to erase your tracks in the snow.
That's it for tonight guys. Sorry if I hijacked your thread OP. Should I start an innawoods story thread tomorow brothers?
>>
>>32398192
This, though I think Donbass has cooled down. I mean, I definitely wouldn't go there for a vacation but it's not like it was, and certainly not like Syria.
>>
>>32400450
>thinking hydroponics are used exclusively for growing giggle bush
you're a cretin m8
>>
>>32400388
Sorry to here about that flipfriend. I had a based flip buddy around this time. We had some crazy drinking adventures but he was never along for any of these good trips, just some upland hunts, but a good guy all around.
>>
Detroit
>>
>>32400843 please do start a thread tomorrow
>>
>>32400843
not OP but certainly would like to hear more stories from you if you have any, if that takes the form of an innawoods thread tomorrow then do it.
>>
>>32400843
great stories man, thanks for sharing.
>>
File: scared spider.png (421KB, 680x586px) Image search: [Google]
scared spider.png
421KB, 680x586px
>>32400522
>La Llorona the crying woman ghost
>>
>>32396925
The Golden Triangle in Cambodia/Thailand/Hmong country.
>heroin and guns out the ass
>various government forces constantly trying to contain/shut it down
>only the most metal and enduring entrupreneurs survive
>everyone from the toughest gun runners to the most backwoods rice farmers living there.
>>
>>32396925
Or maybe the Hindu Kush/tribal areas of Pakistan/Afghanistan
>built on funs
>warlords/terrorists out the ass
>multiple factions vying for containment/control
>NGOs/entrepreneurs still go there from time to time for their own personal reasons.
>>
>>32400325
have you told this story before? sounds familiar
>>
>>32398413
Hobo?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.