[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have this old FN M1900 and I haven't tested it out at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: FN M1900 b.jpg (47KB, 621x443px) Image search: [Google]
FN M1900 b.jpg
47KB, 621x443px
I have this old FN M1900 and I haven't tested it out at the range yet but when I manually rack the slide the bullets sometimes just sort of fall out of there and don't seem to eject properly. If I rack the slide fast they sometimes get stuck between the shell ejection port and the slide. Is this normal and what might be causing this?
>>
>>32396834
Check the exteactor.
>>
>>32397558

How? Wat do?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZZphk6JWfQ
>>
>>32396834
Also keep in mind it'll probably work better with 7.65 browning which is slightly different from .32acp
>>
>>32396834
Come on Kyle get your shit together
>>
>>32398055

What was I supposed to learn from this?

>>32398242

I didn't realise they were different. The question is how much different? Sometimes it ejects and sometimes it just doesn't which will result in a jam.

>>32398263

?
>>
>>32396834
Is ugly like Tokarev...
>>
Did a field strip and put it back together. No use.
>>
Just to be specific my problem is Stovepipe Jam / Failure to Eject.
>>
>>32398317
Different enough, I'd link you an article if I weren't on my phone
>>
Post proofs
>>
>>32399121

What is the point there? Which way the FN operates?

>>32399223

What?
>>
>>32399234
How many 9mills can you fit in it
>>
>>32399248

What are you talking about? The gun doesn't take 9mm ammo.
>>
That's a nice Tokarev
>>
>>32399411

?
>>
4chan expertise once again.

Top kek.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>32398242
>7.65 browning which is slightly different from .32acp
No, it isn't.

>>32397558
>Check the exteactor [sic]
He means the extractor, which is the gold part on this image. It will have a hook on the forward end that is supposed to go over the rim on the case.

Most likely, there's nothing wrong with your gun. They aren't designed to be cycled by hand. They are designed to shoot live ammunition. As long as there are no cracks on the frame or slide, it should be safe to fire at the range. Go actually shoot the thing and see if it's reliable in practice.
>>
>>32400878

Thanks bro. I actually have the same problem with a Walther Model 4. Hmm.
>>
>>32400971
Just stop thinking that you can function check a firearm's ejection pattern/ejection positivity by hand cycling the gun. I'm not saying your gun isn't fucked up. I'm saying that hand cycling it tells you exactly nothing.
>>
>>32399411
For you
>>
I have the same problem with my m/07. It's fairly common on straight blowback handguns. Recoil does most of the work of the extractor on these old guns.
>>
I mean, it's designed to eject empty cases, not fully loaded cases with bullets and powder. Guess it depends on how lazily it ejects it may be OK. If you have a spent case chamber that and see what it does.
>>
>>32401034

a lot of older straight blowback guns didn't even have an extractor for that very reason. you can get away with just an ejector.
>>
It's worth pointing out to OP that many of these older Browning designs used the firing pin as the ejector. I'm not sure about the 1900 since I've never held one, but this is definitely true of its successor, the 1910. This could make the process of hand-cycling the gun with live rounds actually pretty dangerous.
>>
>>32401163

Oh... Damn... Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>32401163

Is this true?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.