[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to carry something for self defense >want law enforcement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: nunchaku.jpg (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
nunchaku.jpg
7KB, 300x300px
>want to carry something for self defense
>want law enforcement to consider it non-lethal and therefore not a "weapon" in the event of having to defend oneself

So I once knew a guy who, for above stated reasons, carried a pair of padded nunchaku with him wherever he went, and spent his summers training with them. What's your opinion on his reasoning?
>>
>>32396116
thats fucking stupid. if he carried them for self defense then hes an idiot. those wont hurt a 5 year old
>>
>>32396129
>assumes the guy carried pic related
>>
>>32396116

Unless you live in a self defense hating country or a retarded state just carry a gun.
>>
>>32396116
>>32396116
Humorously, in my location, nunchaku are specifically banned because they were briefly seen as dangerous "ninja weapons" that could kill people, and now that ban is on the books forever even though the scare passed. But I can legally carry a pistol.
>>
>>32396116
I have a pair of regular nunchaku and I still feel like a fag for owning it
>>
>>32396116
My brother and I used to fight with those all the time when we were kids. You just laugh when you get hit. Just think of how absolutely ridiculous it would be to see a guy carrying fucking foam nunchuckas around.

Your friend is a retard and you live in cuckland, I'm assuming.

You can use a phone as an impact weapon. Hold it firmly and strike the temple. Put your keys between your index and middle finger. It sucks, but it's better than nothing.
>>
>>32396116
As someone whose actually trained with them, nunchuks are fucking pointless in pretty much any modern setting. Even in the best circumstances they are an absolutely horrid melee weapon whose only real merit is being a bitch to parry effectively.

If he wants a blunt weapon of that sort, a collapsible baton is infinitely better. Easier to use, more energy-efficient, and most importantly, it's far less autistic. Fuckin' weeb.
>>
>>32396116
why not carry a fucking pepper spray can
>>
If nunchucks were not dangerous they wouldn't be specifically made illegal practically everywhere.
Kind of wanted to get some but they're a no-no item where I live.
>>
Carry a 4 cell maglight.

>>32396531
Dangerous to the user, yes.
>>
Terrible weapon.
They're made to look cool, not to be used as an actual weapon.
Even if you knew how to use them properly, which neither you now him do, they'd be absolutely useless.
First off, they're padded.
They absorb most of the impact, which makes them useless.
Imagine getting hit by a foamsword, except with less force.
Secondly, they're unpredictable.
Any weapon that is connected by a chain is bound to be unpredictable and could come back in your face.
A flail might be the exception since its basically made to fuck your day up in one swing, which nunchakus will not do.
So to sum it up, its shit, its not a weapon
>>>/asp/
>>
>want law enforcement to consider it non-lethal and therefore not a "weapon" in the event of having to defend oneself

Just because it's not inherently deadly doesn't mean it's not classified as a weapon numbnuts

> t. cop
>>
>>32396531
A lot of things are banned for being scary but otherwise useless. Look at the various 'salt weapons bans we've had in the US.
>>
>guy pulls out nunchucks
>I think he's going for a weapon
>I pull out my CC
>guy ends up dead
>I end up with the number one headband
>>
Carry a can of wasp spray, you know the shit that sprays like 4 metres? Will fuck up the eyes if sprayed to the face, and you can easily make up a story as to why you had it on you
>>
>>32397087
what kind of story would you make up for bringing wasp spray to work?

that doesn't make any sense just carry freaking regular pepper spray
>>
>>32396144
this. california has anti nunchuku and ninja star laws. also no collapsible batons or billy clubs. felonies, they are totally banned. but we can carry pistols with a permit.

what gets me is if you have the permit, why arent you allowed to carry a fixed blade knife as well.
>>
>>32397065
All guns are dangerous. So I'm not sure what point you're getting at. Besides if the assault weapon things bothers you don't worry about it. If you can't have two sticks tied together with a rope you sure as fuck aint going to be able to keep a gun. Enjoy the time you got left with them because those things days are numbered.
>>
>>32396459
Pepper spray is actually a worse weapon, nunchucks at least have blunt force going for them, even if it's awkward.

>>32396531
Knuckledusters are illegal in a lot of places and they fucking suck.
Also, all .32 caliber handguns are prohibited in Canada, all of them, from tiny .32ACP pocket pistols to completely normal sized revolvers in .327 Magnum (while a near identical revolver in .357 Magnum is considered like any other handgun).

Law can often be incredibly unreasonable and poorly thought out, just look at 922r
>>
>>32399490
It's really not very fair to use Canada as an example since nobody would defend any of their decisions.
They're like the U.S. weird little brother that is jealous of big bro's success. Sure you'll hear them brag about "muh health care" but you don't really hear about their weird problematic shit like domestic laws that suck common law marriage and divorce raping males, or how they treat native Americans.
>>
>>32396116
was your friend this guy??
>>
>>32396144
Ah, the 1980s and the "ninja panic."
Makes just as much sense as the 1950s and the "juvenile delinquent" panic which banned switchblades.
>>
>>32397077
>>
>>32396531
>If nunchucks were not dangerous they wouldn't be specifically made illegal

Holy lol, please tell me you don't think this logic is justified?

They're sticks connected by a string...

Spotted the UK resident?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.