[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ Tactics and Procedures Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 49

File: S 21-76 Sm ranger HB- 2011.jpg (50KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
S 21-76 Sm ranger HB- 2011.jpg
50KB, 500x680px
The one thread that never gets made. Everyone spergs out over kit, gear, guns, knives, etc., but no one ever spergs out on things like individual movement techniques, team and squad level tactics, intricacies of innawoods combat, etc. I guess literature devoted to the topic can be discussed here as well, e.g. Ranger Handbook or Poole's "Tactics of the Crescent Moon".

Any input is good, be it infographics, guides, ideas, and so on. Preferably something not covered by Ranger Handbook, and if it is, then tweaks to existing things.
>>
>>32394879
There is a bunch of tactics stuff in here
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/13561569/The_Ar_k_
>>
most armies does it their own way, unless youre in the same force its hard to discuss
>>
Differences between Cover and Concealment

Boiled down into laymans terms, cover is something that occludes the subject, while also providing a barrier to shrapnel, bullets, explosives, etc. Concealment, on the other hand, is just something that occludes the subject from sensory detection, be it visually, auditory, olfactory, etc.

A rule of thumb taught to me as a wee joe is that, when choosing cover, its almost never adequate enough to actually stop rounds, particularly innawoods. The idea was that a tree or stump that was not rotten and at least as wide as your arms can form a circle with fingers interlaced (like ifyou were hugging a tree like a hippie). Trees like this were thought to be adequate against incoming combloc rounds.

I got more, but I seriously don't know where to go from here.
>>
>>32395063
True, but I would argue that some ideas remain the same, like setting up an ambush can only be done a few ways, outside of that you go into the realm of hypotheticals.
>>
>>32395073
A scenario?
How about locating a sniper about 500 meters away.
>>
>>32395120
Bear with me, 4 years of cervix as an infantryman so obviously not the world's SME on the topic.

As OPFOR, we never did worry too much about snipers, but if it ever was an issue, first thing we would do is get down, try and call out where the shot came from, and pop smoke to occlude vision. If someone DID get eyes on sniper, we would call for fire. I don't know shit like how to time the distance of the shot based off of time between impact and gunshot and other wizardry.

The best idea I could come up with is to do some unconventional thinking and search areas where you would post up as a sniper if you did have a general idea of where they were. Examples being taller buildings, military crests on hilltops, look for tree cancer or anything that didn't quite look natural.
>>
All good literature I know is classified and written in Finnish.
>>
I had the Small Unit Guide to Counter Insurgency USMC issued to me. Never read it much but always left it out during Field Day for 1st Sgt to see and collect good boy points.
>>
>>32395189
spank you on your cervix.
>>
>>32395233
I had "The last 100 Yards" with me on CQ and somehow my PSgt found out about it and told me I was doing a good job.

Its like, dude, i just want to eradicate people and not die with retard tactics that hadjis figured out.
>>
I haven't seen real C.A.R. training anywhere, except a couple youtube videos. Is it just some bullshit a bong cop came up with? Shooting with your dominant hand, and non-dominant eye sounds... weird.
>>
>>32395262
Doing things differently than they've been done since WWII is not very Devil Dog, son.
Those tactics worked on the japs 100 years ago. What could possibly be different about fighting goat fuckers in Afghanistan.
>>
>>32395189
Snipers in my unit got their dicks slammed by ROEs.

At first they could shoot anyone digging because IEDs. So they just started waxing dudes.

Next thing fob is being mobbed by widows saying, "of course my husband was digging, he's a farmer."

Oops.
>>
>>32395324
Yep, just planting some corn... in the middle of the road... in the desert.
>>
File: lowcrawl.gif (12KB, 325x273px) Image search: [Google]
lowcrawl.gif
12KB, 325x273px
More wisdoms

Individual Movement Techniques

Boiled down to the easiest way to explain, IMT is how to move in combat as a single dude. Arguably you need to figure out this before moving on to buddy, team, or squad tactics. SO lets begin:

Three basic stances: standing, crouching, and prone. Self explanatory, but the rule of thumb is always to choose whatever stance offers the least exposure to the enemy while still being able to engage. Ideally prone behind a fallen tree trunk or jersey barrier or whatever.

Now to movement. As taught to us in the military, movement is to be ideally done either really quickly through running or as low as possible. There are two ways of crawling. The High crawl and the low crawl.

1. High crawl is done in the prone by having the weapon cradled in the crook of your elbows or alongside the dominant hand used for shooting, obviously with finger outside the trigger well. You literally crawl on your elbows, using your knees to propel movement.

2. Low crawl is also done in the prone, however is much more labored and slower, with the benefit of being lower to the ground. To execute, the Army taught to hold our M4 by the triangle sight by looping our thumb through. This was retarded for numerous reasons, so a better way was to sling it if it was safe enough or to hold it so the dust cover was facing skyward. Anyways, the movement is done by essentially inching the body forward by dragging yourself using your arms and toes. Face was kept alongside the ground (hence the term "skulldragging") and not brought up until in cover again. Arms would reach out as low to the ground as possible, grab onto ground, and as the arms pulled forward, the toes would push with them.
>>
>>32395313
>111,606 US personnel killed in the Pacific Theater.

No thanks, I wouldnt have wanted to be part of that number.
>>
>>32395411
This is good wisdoms.
Any more on engaging multiple enemies, alone, while moving?
>>
>>32395533
Easy, dont.

If they have any sort of competency, they will go through the loop of find, fix, and finish. Knowing that, if you can disrupt any of those for multiple people shooting at you, on the fly, you might just survive.

For find, camouflage is your friend,along with cover and concealment. If you can effectively hide after a strike and blend away into the forest or alleyways, you can always set up an ambush somewhere farther into the opposing force's route (if you even know that) or be satisfied with your first strike and move on.

Fix is more complicated as it involves you already being seen and possibly getting shot at. In which case you would pop smoke and sling as much lead downrange all while bounding away through the most covered route.

Finish... essentially you are stuck and have to hope that you can land rounds on target without getting hit and inflict enough shock or damage that they either break away, giving you a chance to escape, or decide its not worth any more losses and break contact.
>>
>>32395361
Don't forget to mention the big bag of fertilizer and his nokia in case he needs to order a pizza.
>>
The 3-5 Second Rush

Aptly named, the 3-5 sec rush is done when one needs to gain ground and is under fire, or is trying to retreat under fire. issues I have with the 3-5SR is that, as so eloquently written in Poole's books, it takes roughly 3 second for the human eye to reacquire a moving target and attempt to engage. Therefore, keeping the rush at maximum three seconds, unless cover permits farther, is ideal.

We were taught a short phrase "I'm up, they see me, I'm down". Thats alright, but preferably you just focus on not being exposed and hitting that next piece of cover. Take into account things like microterrain (small divot or crater in the ground that can enable just enough cover against rounds, or things like mounds and such) and volume of fire against you. You probably shouldnt rush if the rounds are impacting right on you.
>>
>>32395073
5 basics of concealment:
Shape - break up edges and blocky shapes
Shine - conceal reflective surfaces
Silhouette - dont travel along crests of hills or roads, travel halfway up or down in the brush for quick escape up or down
Spacing - a bunched up troop is easier to spot than a spread out one
Sound - keep to whispers and hand signals
>>
>>32395533
>Any more on engaging multiple enemies, alone, while moving?
Become your favorite anime or video game protagonist.
>>
>>32394879
This is not team tactics but read TC 3-22.9. This is the Army's new rifle/carbine marksmanship book, and it's a significant improvement over the previous FMs.

https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/tc3-22-9.pdf
>>
IM UP HE SEES ME IM DOWN
IM UP HE SEES ME IM DOWN
IM UP HE SEES ME IM DOWN
>>
Don't remember where I saw this, some interview with a sniper.
You never take more than two shots from the same location. Shoot and move.
>>
If a JDAM is hitting close to you the difference in pressure can burst your lungs. Open your mouth and roll.
>>
>>32395696
Another good one is;
'Upon taking contact, I will: dash-down-sights-acquire-fire'
>>
>>32395755
Most snipers in video games get caught doing this. It's fun to knife them.
>>
>>32395755
Pretty sure it will still apply today, but was originally found out in WW1:
Never light 3 peoples cigarettes with one match/lighter in the dark.
1st lit, sniper notices the glow
2nd lit, sniper aims in
3rd lit, sniper shoots
>>
>>32395910
Ideally never smoke in the field. people always take into account visual camo, but never olfactory. Hunters might know what i mean.

But tobacco, strong smelling foods, candy or gum, and even soaps and detergents can betray your presence.
>>
>>32395910
Pretty sure we discovered in that you don't fucking smoke on guard duty, or in the dark in the field.
>>
>>32395929
Very true, if in a lie-up position or observation post, any smells can give your position away, especially if you have to remain there for a longer period of time. This means no cooking, no smoking, and all bodily waste must be bagged and hiked back out with you when you leave your scrape and bugger off.
>>
>>32395954
Exactly, and thatll be why. Was just a heads up for any inexperienced /k/ommandos out there
>>
>>32395959
Funny story, on rotation, if I had to take a shit and we were bedding for the night, I would walk off about 100 meters towards whatever the enemy likely avenue of approach was, find a tree I would take cover behind, and shit right at the base, and then cover it with leaves.

Fuck you foreign armies.
>>
>>32395929
>no smokes
>no gum
>no talking
>no deodorant
>no soap
>no detergent
It's gonna be a looong night.
>>
>>32395994
you forgot
>no sleep
>no warm
worst. summer camp. ever.
>>
>>32395994
Or just, you know, do all of those but have top notch security, fight through the night, and then loot bodies.
>>
>>32394879

Army anon, here. I am considered a god-tier team leader under field conditions, will answer non-retarded questions.
>>
>>32395988
Hahaha thats grim, wouldnt want to be the poor sod who got a kneeful or faceful of that particular surprise.
>>
>>32395988
This should be added to the SOP
>>
>>32396015
Brit or Yank?
>>
>>32395663
Background - whats behind you? As you said, basically not creating silhouettes. Make sure your background does not make you stand out unnecessary.

Lightning - shadows are better than sunlight to hide in. Also watch your own shadow, does it drop where the enemy can see?

Vegetation - hiding near a bush? Don't. Hide inside it if possible. Generally vegetation gives good concealment.

Movement - Sideways movement is easier to detect than upwards or downwards movement (possible bi-product of our predecessors being hunters). If you have to look at something while concealed you'd do so in an order of eyes->head->weapon.

Another thing I've learned is that a place of concealment might be such an obvious spot that you would be spotted quicker. It's dangerous to hide in the only bush in an open field.
>>
>>32396015
Far out, SPC 4 lyf here

Did you and your team ever figure out new shit not in the Rangero handbook?
>>
>>32396014
Generally, the situations where you would have to do that would be situations where you dont have the luxury of greater numbers, external support or are deep behind enemy lines on a long recce.
>>
>>32396055
Im tracking, just being facetious f a m a l a m
>>
>>32395910
REGGIEEE!
>>
>>32396043
All very true and good points. If trying to find a concealed LUP for use for extended periods, identify the 3 best positions, and pick the 2nd or 3rd dependent on competence of enemy forces, i.e if youre on a sniper detail dont pick the great but obvious vantage point on top of the hill, situate yourself somewhere further down, anticipate where enemies would first search.
Also, if you find a particular spot of foliage that your eyes naturally wander past or ignore, thats likely a good spot to dig your scrape.
>>
>>32396074
Fair enough pal, each to their own
>>
>>32395994

It's gonna be a long, long night.

Got your reference.
>>
>>32395424
Only 19,000 of those deaths were marines. The army did most of the work in the pacific so you would have been safe on your precious navy loveboats while real men were doing the fighting.
>>
>>32396015
What's considered good "cover fire"?

If you're offering cover for troops moving to a location, what should you look for? Where should you shoot if you don't know the enemy's location? How many rounds is sufficient?
>>
>>32396131
>Implying I'm not Army
>>
>>32396030

Yank.

>>32396050

I personally have a little cookbook of last resort shit I've come up with.

As far as a team goes, I discovered that in the wake of 'contact' most people act either quickly and sloppily or precisely but too slow.

"Surprise is the fusion of speed and secrecy"

Within 50 yards, upon taking contact, the best hope is to immediately put rounds on target and get down. Outside of that, taking 3 seconds to get your plan together is a measure of combat leadership.
>>
>>32396131
I wouldn't question the courage of anyone who was in the Pacific theater.
A fuckloads of navy guys drowned on the ships that were sunk.
>>
>>32396015
This question is retarded but I'd appreciate an answer anyways.
If one were to wander about Shitfuckistan with a rifle and gear would it be wise to wear a US flag patch or another white nation's? Suppose this person was a US citizen and white.
>>
>>32396146

For the average /k/omrade?

*pop* *pop* pause. *pop* *pop* pause.

Increase as the situation and logistics dictates. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
>>
File: pounds of rapes.jpg (2KB, 125x82px) Image search: [Google]
pounds of rapes.jpg
2KB, 125x82px
>>32396152
Can we get a dump of your cookbook?
>>
>>32396164

That's not really my lane, but why?

I mean, you get caught by haji and you're dead no matter what. You get caught by allies, start speaking English.
>>
>>32396164
lol the flag on your gear isn't going to mean shit boy-o.
>>
>>32396202
Just wondering if it might stop one from being shot before having a chance to explain that you're not an albino dune coon.
>>
File: 1431793059957.gif (1MB, 352x250px) Image search: [Google]
1431793059957.gif
1MB, 352x250px
>>32396164
He said "non-retarded" questions.
>>
>>32396146
>What's considered good "cover fire"?
Whatever gives ample time to maneuver in relative safety. Keep heads down and whatnot.

>If you're offering cover for troops moving to a location, what should you look for?

If you're providing cover fire, chances are someone is already under fire. So look for muzzle flashes, dust kicking up regularly (the way a firearm discharge would), pillboxes or prepared nests, movement, antennas, etc. You would ideally mentally mull over whatever targets have the most impact on the battlefield. So machine guns, RTOs, any senior NCOs or officers (look for the guys yelling the most and not shooting as much), RPGs, grenadiers, etc.

>Where should you shoot if you don't know the enemy's location?

You shouldn't. Its a waste of ammo and someone who does know what to look for will shoot you because of it. Only try to engage targets you can ID and be sure you can have a reasonable chance of hitting them.
>>
>>32396146
Cover fire is anything persistent enough to force the other dude to stay the fuck down. It's basically providing a credible threat that if they stick their head out, you'll take it off, so it depends on platform and other factors.

With a SAW, you can suppress with volume of fire. With a service rifle, you can suppress by a combination of volume and accuracy. With a DMR, you can suppress with accuracy alone. You're limiting the enemy's ability to move and react to allow your buddies to flank and fuck them up.
>>
>>32396220
Well it's not like the sand people would have one.

>>32396228
And I admitted I was retarded.
>>
>>32396199

Maybe here in a bit.
>>
>>32396199
What is this, 40 grams of rape?
>>
>>32396152
>Within 50 yards, upon taking contact, the best hope is to immediately put rounds on target and get down

We came to similar conclusions here. Although we only engage if we have been seen. otherwise we all get down, backtrack while prone in buddy teams, and set up a hasty down the line while shadowing the enemy.
>>
File: that doesn't make sense to me.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
that doesn't make sense to me.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>32396259
I'm sorry, I didn't realize I had downloaded a fucking thumbnail.
<- is me
>>
>>32396261

Same. If taking violent contact or intended violent contact that close, rounds on target are a function of suppression and violence of action.

>I see you
>I'm fighting
>I'm gonna kill you
>>
>>32396223
They're the fucking US military, they won't shoot you just for being there. Point your gun at them? Different story.
>>
>>32396146
If youre the average rifleman at an engagement distance of 3-400 metres, generally one shot every 5-6 seconds. However thats including the rest of your section doing the same.
>>
>>32396162
Drowned in each others semen.
>>
>>32396286
Marines might, but flags never stopped an itchy trigger finger.
>>
>>32396164
This is the most convoluted and worst way to commit suicide I've ever seen.

I mean the patch wouldnt matter unless you got captured, and by that point you would be fucked regardless. Either as a bargaining chip for hadj or as an unlawful combatant in the West.
>>
>>32396347
Whoa, nobody said anything about combatant. Firearm is for self defense only.
Tourism isn't illegal.
>>
>>32396378
What I'm saying is they could throw the book at you. Ask questions and whatnot. Have you vetted and at best deported.
>>
>>32396223
I mean, if you're white and otherwise look like you don't belong, that'll get you to explain what you're doing, but there were stories of hajis wearing ACUs and trying to look like servicemen to get close enough to do damage. Speaking English is probably going to get you out of a lot of trouble, but it's not enough by itself 'cause there are some foreigners joining in the jihad.

That's part of why the "Don't put your hands in your pockets" and uniform standards were so roughly enforced in places, because that's one of the most common unconscious human body language signal things people do when they're under stress. You see some schmuck in ACUs with his hands planted in his pockets and you're gonna notice him, then you're going to probably notice other things that make them stick out. That, and handheld detonators for suicide vests.
>>
>>32394879
I am currently reading FM3-21-75 The Warrior Ethos and Soldier Combat Skills

And thinking about moving after that onto FM3-21-8 The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad

Funnily enough, the game Squad brought me into reading that stuff. just to see if i can improve myself, so i can skip the long trial and error process.

FM3-21-75 gave me though more understanding for just what basically you should do out in the field, giving information about small important things, like the fact how much water you need, and what is the best way to conserve it in warm temperatures.

Further the extradiction of wounded, and administration of wounds etc. are also very interesting.

It is no "light" read, but pretty easy if you are used to read reports, which i needed to do during the semester.
>>
>>32394879
Fucking this, if I had a quarter for every fat fuck that thinks they're going to survive their made up extremely specific apocalypse scenario but has no idea what the hell an LDA is much less how to cross one, I'd be a millionaire.
>>
File: 1481839823662.png (44KB, 245x212px) Image search: [Google]
1481839823662.png
44KB, 245x212px
>>32396378
It is unwise to be there at all. No amount of any flags will help you. No amount of excuses will help you. DO NOT DO THE THING.
>>
>>32396413
OP here
Make it a general once this thread dies. Ill try to contribute under this name.
>>
Pretty sure you knowing shit or knowing all the shit ain't gonna help you much in a group scenario. Hell, Ranger School is not going to help you unless you and your rag tag group of fucktards don't practice it often enough. And even then half of people will zone the fuck out once bullets start flying.
>>
>>32395424
>111,606 people died in one theater

Thats cute
Regards, a German.
>>
>>32396438
This.
"Once a man enters combat, all he knows runs out his ears, and all he has to rely on are his wits and his training"
>>
>>32396407
FMs are a great basis, but for what you need get the Ranger Handbook. Its a solid foundation and the cornerstone of US Infantry tactics.

That being said, look into stuff by HJ Poole like "Tactics of the Crescent Moon" for the eastern way of fighting and things like that.
>>
>>32396413
>tfw LDA means postman to you
>tfw you are part of the problem
>>
>>32396293
lol
>>
>>32396378
Yes, battlefield tourism is a crime.
>>
>>32396477
Linear Danger Area dude.

Like roads, empty spaces between treelines, rivers, etc. Usually roads though.

For crossing an LDA, there are a few methods. My favorite is where you set up security looking down both axis of the LDA, and two more dudes come up and replace the dudes pulling security, covering their original sectors of fire while they cross and set up far side security also along the axis. Then the main body moves down the alley between the guys pulling security and push in, the last man of the main body signalling tothe security element that he is the last man. Then the near side security picks up and crosses the LDA, and once thy cross safely the far side security picks up and both elements rejoin the main body.
>>
>>32396492
No it isn't. It's just really fucking stupid. Taking your gun, some radios, and some optics is though.
>>
>>32396534
Shit, back in my day they just called it the Kill Zone.
>>
>>32396534
Why not have the second 2 dudes push past and have the first 2 dudes pull security the whole time?
>>
>>32396431
most of the worst I've seen were videos on the internet and a few odd sightings here or there. Doomsday preppers on ngc has been a common offender. My favorite was the fat guy who built a thin metal blind that was elevated in plain view with nothing else around, like its just a giant target. He had this goofy friend and for funsies he had his kids point their loaded ar15s directly at his "friend" to identify him as a fucking drill even though they could clearly see it was him (broad daylight). Then when huckleberry fires his rifle inside the blind Pizza The Hutt starts puking and crying. Then he they use some flashy pyrotechnic targets that are clearly for show as target practice and announce to the camera that they've got other capabilities they didnt mention (basically begging the atf to come shoot their doggo).
>>
>>32396534
These things really follow under common sense once you try to write them down. The issue is practicing various scenarios where you actually do encounter a threat during those things, practicing communications, verbal and sign and just maintaining some sort of control. It sounds edgy and a cliche from the movies but its true - no plan survives contact with the enemy. These things require you to also possess a charisma to a degree, especially in SHTF scenarios. Nobody is going to listen and follow a fat lispy cunt who also thinks slow.
>>
>>32396569
If, for example, its a narrow street or alleyway, your own guys obscure your field of fire. Better to move up in increments, so that you minimise the amount of time in which your front movers could be taking fire without you being able to return fire for fear of blue on blue.
>>
Combat Leader's Field Guide is a good read.
>>
>>32396569
You could.

But if a hypothetical vehicle came down the hypothetical road, would you rather have two SAWs shooting at it or just one?

I just prefer the extra security. Plus if they do get in a scrape and have to fall back with the main body, each side has an impromptu buddy team, allowing them to peel the far side security back into the woodline.

>>32396601
Precisely why we practice it in the Army every chance we get. Practicing with an OPFOR also allows for novel situations to occur and develop SOPs based off of what happened.

If the prepper/concerned citizen/airsofter/faggot is truly serious about prepping, he should find like minded friends and rehearse these things.
>>
>>32396637
>You could.
>But if a hypothetical vehicle came down the hypothetical road, would you rather have two SAWs shooting at it or just one?
>I just prefer the extra security. Plus if they do get in a scrape and have to fall back with the main body, each side has an impromptu buddy team, allowing them to peel the far side security back into the woodline.

sorry, i just meant the 2nd buddy team would bound past to be far side security and 1st buddy team has near side security. this way the 1st pair has eyes on for longer and is more aware of any changes or movement in their sectors.
>>
Any material on small team tactics, 2-3 people teams? Delta/Seals stuff?
>>
>>32396683
follow-up question to that.

What kind of specialization should your team have?
>>
>>32396683
You are going to have to be more specific that that. And desu, no SEALs or CAG are autistic enough to frequent an Uzbek hydroponics forum
>>
File: Franklin the ISIS turtle.jpg (568KB, 1666x1888px) Image search: [Google]
Franklin the ISIS turtle.jpg
568KB, 1666x1888px
>>32396683
https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/
Check the FM section.
>>
>>32396683
This is a decent watch.
http://youtu.be/IRCBzsii4Uk
>>
>>32396702
Not that guy, but I don't believe you.
>>
I was really lucky as far as training goes. I wasn't able to serve because of a medical issue but I did do 4 years of ROTC and our NCOIC was this old spec ops soldier on the verge of retirement sporting the tower of power. He had been in the army since panama and was only teaching because he was wounded in combat. He gave everyone in the junior class a copy of the Ranger handbook. He taught us the same LDA method described here >>32396534 and when we went to joint ftx with other universities everybody had a different method and the other schools tacs said we were doing it "The Ranger School way". I miss that old sgt, I never in my life thought I'd meet a legit operator with a tower of power sticker on the back of his prius.
>>
>>32396699
Ideal 4 man patrol for long range recce patrol would have a medic, explosives expert, marksman and signaller, and ideally all would have some degree of cross training in case someone gets hit. Depends on the operation or scenario though, in urban situations youd likely need a guy who speaks the language as well as a skilled CQC oppo, and obviously your fighting order would be quite different.
>>
>>32396702
You just always read about the infamous Delta CQB method that is unsurpassed.
>>32396699
It depends on the mission and environemnt obviously. If we are talking civilian SHTF, just get everyone to go to a fancy paid training; EMT, comms, basic tech stuff like soldering, gunsmithing classes, maybe an expensive shooting class with a teacher like Pat Mac or Paul Howe, then have people dump all that knowledge and cross-train each other.
>>
>>32396750

Brave move on making this post.

But I like you.
>>
>>32396601
>Nobody is going to listen and follow a fat lispy cunt who also thinks slow.

Basically this. Good leaders aren't assigned, they become part of the team and know everyone's peculiarities and strengths and how to interact with their team in such a way that gets shit done.

Similarly, the team has to trust that the leader is competent and isn't going to fuck things up, which also comes from the leader being able to instantly conceive and execute a plan and have the confidence that it will succeed or can be modified on the fly to succeed. Both of these come from experience working together. That generates confidence in each other, and sometimes the oddest people end up being the superstar leaders who are always two steps ahead of everyone under fire and capable of keeping the whole unit one step ahead. Unless there's something keeping them in power, inept leaders won't gain the confidence of their unit and a natural leader will usually emerge.

The rule of thumb I found was "Dog orders". Be able to simplify your plan down to something you could give to a dog. Commands that are simple and, most importantly, involve an action. "GO" while pointing at something. or "GO THEN COVER" at the most complex. People will start doing it before thinking about it, and unless they're given a good reason to question it, they'll focus on the other things involved in accomplishing the task rather than why they're doing the task. I don't know the psychology of why it works, but it does.
>>
>>32396841
Also delta dudes do these hot wash kind of things after any OP - basically every move is analyzed and everyone's mistakes are pointed out, all ego aside. It's important to be able to receive critical opinions and people are often very inept at that kind of deal. Either way its a good idea for an organized team of any sorts.
>>
>>32396683
There is nothing magical about small team tactics in SOF. For dismounts in open terrain or in the woods, it's almost all the same stuff as you'd learn in conventional forces. Only in CQB is there a lot of variation in doctrine.

Anyways any 4 man team of assaulters in a Delta troop needs to be able to carry out the same doctrinal tasks a 4 man infantry fireteam can.

As for CQB shit you can watch videos of CQB 101 training from former SOF guys like Eric Dorenbush, the guys at Northern Red, etc. But really none of that is even close to substituting for some training with those guys. Dorenbush is pretty based and will teach CQB to any vetted civvys.
>>
Not enough tactics

BOUNDING

Alright, so you have found a friend that can IMT just as well as you can and has a gun. How can you make use of him so that you both dont die? Easy!

There are two types of bounding applicable to the buddy team: alternate and successive.

Alternate bounding is as follows: Both you and your friend take fire from 200 meters away. You both get into cover, and decide the best way is to bound up to the Opfor (lol dont bound 200 meters, it sucks, trust me). You start sending accurate and deliberate rounds downrange to suppress the Opfor. In the meantime, your buddy runs up, and, while adhering to the 3-5 second rule of rushing (oh shit, this knowledge is cumulative!), he moves up and gets into cover. once set, your friend doesnt say something gay like "SET!". No, he begins to engage, which is your cue to move up, and you run past where your bud and his cover is at and take cover closer to the Opfor. this goes on, with each bound you and your bud "leapfrog" past each other until you are ideally within grenade range and close with and destroy the enemy.
>>
>>32396683
Other than scout, standby and scoot? Not much can be accomplished with your average joes running around as an element. Best bet would to look into how actual sniper teams operate, you can't afford to have bullets flying at you or hold any ground with that level of numbers
>>
>>32396897

Let's do a demonstration of the exchange.

>walking along
>patrol takes contact from 75m away to the front

Over to you
>>
>>32396897
Also works well on the retreat especially in open terrain and in small groups. Half cover while half pull back, bound about 50 metres before hitting the dirt and laying down cover. Need to have a decent spread to avoid obscuring your teams field of fire.
>>
BOUNDING CONT.

Successive bounding works the same way with only slight variation. Given you and your buddy, and Opfor engaging you, you both move into cover and begin to suppress the enemy. Your buddy gets up, 3-5 second rushes to cover. He begins to fire and thats the cue for you to move up. But the volume of fire is substantial, so you take cover roughly parallel to your buddy. This continues where one person of the buddy team bounds up, and the other bounds up to a parallel point.

Both bounds are situation dependent (METTTC anyone?), but usually alternate bounding is done when cover and concealment is more ample, along with the need to close in quickly.
>>
File: Rangerpurse.jpg (25KB, 496x661px) Image search: [Google]
Rangerpurse.jpg
25KB, 496x661px
>>32394879
>>
File: ConductLinkup.jpg (167KB, 661x881px) Image search: [Google]
ConductLinkup.jpg
167KB, 661x881px
>>32396973
This is in no particular order by the way.
>>
>>32396973
what's in the bag
WHAT'S IN THE BAAG
>>
File: FiresPlan.jpg (110KB, 661x881px) Image search: [Google]
FiresPlan.jpg
110KB, 661x881px
>>32396986
>>
File: Florida OPORD.jpg (41KB, 528x704px) Image search: [Google]
Florida OPORD.jpg
41KB, 528x704px
>>32397000
>>
>>32395696
Straight fucking BCT and EIB flashbacks with this one goddamn
>>
File: LeadersReconORPOBJ.jpg (42KB, 528x704px) Image search: [Google]
LeadersReconORPOBJ.jpg
42KB, 528x704px
>>32397015
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwaaGXOrWW8&feature=youtu.be

basic wound packing discussion
>>
File: LinearAmbush.jpg (168KB, 661x881px) Image search: [Google]
LinearAmbush.jpg
168KB, 661x881px
>>32397031
>>
>>32396935
Word. Im doing this given a two man team.

>Team in contact returns fire if they were seen by enemy, if not, they hit the floor and move behind cover.

If under fire:
>Team suppresses, either through voice or signal can relay the desire to bound.
>One-man gets up, moves to nearby cover in direction of enemy. Gets down, begins to engage.
>Two-man, upon hearing report of one-man's weapon, gets up and moves to cover in the direction of enemy, but PAST the one-man.
>Two-man hits the ground, engages.
>One-man hears the report of two-man's weapon, gets up and moves to cover PAST the two-man.
>Bounding continues until either within grenade range and able to throw grenades to clear out enemy, or until enemy ceases to engage by way of ventilation.

If not under fire, same as above, except no suppressive fire, only really done if the enemy has no clue you are there.
>>
File: LinearAmbush2.jpg (134KB, 661x881px) Image search: [Google]
LinearAmbush2.jpg
134KB, 661x881px
>>32397046
>>
File: Movementtocontact.jpg (28KB, 528x704px) Image search: [Google]
Movementtocontact.jpg
28KB, 528x704px
>>32397060
>>
File: patrolbase.jpg (41KB, 528x704px) Image search: [Google]
patrolbase.jpg
41KB, 528x704px
>>32397070
>>
File: PatrolBaseDarby.jpg (39KB, 496x661px) Image search: [Google]
PatrolBaseDarby.jpg
39KB, 496x661px
>>32397080
>>
>>32397054

We're good at this.

This will now be a general thread and we will be /k/'s instructor team.
>>
File: PlatoonPatrolBase.jpg (38KB, 496x661px) Image search: [Google]
PlatoonPatrolBase.jpg
38KB, 496x661px
>>32397095
>>
File: pltambush.jpg (54KB, 528x704px) Image search: [Google]
pltambush.jpg
54KB, 528x704px
>>32397105
>>
>>32396895
>There is nothing magical about small team tactics in SOF.

Again, this.
The only magic is in how thoroughly they train and refine their skillsets. There was a video a with a ton of quick cuts of SF types kicking down doors, and they had it down to the point that as soon as the door breeches, a flashbang would sail through the air and go off in fuckin midair. A miracle of teamwork, experience, and consistency.

There's no one magic thing you can learn that will make you and your buddies operators.

Train.
Analyze your training for flaws.
Fix your flaws.
Repeat.
>>
>>32397105
You da real MVP. How long ago did you go through school?
>>
File: Recon.jpg (50KB, 496x661px) Image search: [Google]
Recon.jpg
50KB, 496x661px
>>32397113
>>
>>32397100
Word. When this reaches post cap its becoming a general. Probably to compile all of this info into neat, digestible, Anon-easy-to-read sections.

>>32396973
Im stealing these pictures for the next thread btw. Good job famalam
>>
File: ReconBoard.jpg (90KB, 661x881px) Image search: [Google]
ReconBoard.jpg
90KB, 661x881px
>>32397123

>>32397116
Graduated April of 14, I think it was like 3 classes before the female "certified" instructors showed up.

From my joes who have gone since then, the doctrine/classes are still the same, but every "event" is by the book, with none of the smoke sessions and fuck fuck games they used to do constantly just to fuck with us.
>>
>>32397132

Neato. Next thread, I'll dump some of my "When you're wounded and left on Aghan plains" cookbook.
>>
https://youtu.be/4WkUkMO3iJs?t=46s
>>
File: Helmet pads.jpg (60KB, 596x794px) Image search: [Google]
Helmet pads.jpg
60KB, 596x794px
>>32397148

How to set up your helmet pads for Airborne/not look like a fucking boot
>>
File: manual for marines.jpg (38KB, 300x674px) Image search: [Google]
manual for marines.jpg
38KB, 300x674px
>posted like 5 things ITT that various people agreed with
>haven't fired a weapon once in my life
>>
File: wlcnotes.jpg (133KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
wlcnotes.jpg
133KB, 747x1328px
>>32394879
my warrior leader course (Army) notes on order of priorities when treating casualties under fire. circa 2010.
>>
>>32397239
This makes me wish I had kept better track of the 30000000+notebooks Ive gone through
>>
In addition to the information above, RTFM:
https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/ranger.pdf
https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/
>>
>>32397282
>forbidden to download

but y?
>>
File: LRM.jpg (158KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
LRM.jpg
158KB, 747x1328px
>>32397250
No worries m8. This is one of the VERY few Army things I got to do. I kept this book close by because I really took the NCO business seriously. Last unit was a joke that sabotaged that mentality. Not sure if I should be grateful for that.
>>
File: NCObasics.jpg (159KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
NCObasics.jpg
159KB, 747x1328px
general leadership points for junior non-commissioned officers, also from WLC.
>>
>>32397219
Small unit tactics are stupid easy given how few innovations in firearms development have not been able forced a change. When your man power is only a fireteam's worth there isn't much to do except move slow and go.
>>
>>32397447

STAY LOW
GO FAST
SHOOT FIRST
DIE LAST
ONE SHOT
ONE KILL
NO LUCK
ALL SKILL
>>
>>32397148
Cool, hoping to get my slot here in the next couple of months. Adding your pics to my study guide haha
>>
>>32395831
That's terrifying. Thank you.
>>
File: KC Shuffle.gif (499KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
KC Shuffle.gif
499KB, 500x200px
This was a great thread. The only tactic I can contribute is the ol' Kansas City Shuffle.
They look right
You go left
>>
Another basic tactic considering you're more than one shooter, is what i'll call fix and flank.

When encountering or engaging an enemy you want to achieve fire superiority as quickly as possible. Fire superiority will almost always be one of your most important objectives in a firefight, given you're not in small numbers or far from friends. If this is the case, you should attempt to fall back and divert.

If successful in fixating your enemy in his position, effectively gaining the upper hand, part of the group jeeps suppressing while the rest finds an alternative route through the enemy position, neutralising him by the means if speed and aggression.

Alternatively to a flanking manoeuvre, you can have the assaulting team head straight on the enemy position, while two teams suppress from the flanked positions. These teams will slowly expand their suppression, avoiding blue on blue, letting Assault team move through the enemy position.
>>
I don't see too much about fighting solo.
Is the general single "unit" tactic to just not get in firefights and pick pricks off from half a mile away or further?
>>
>>32398377
If youre on your own, best thing you can do is stay low and move at night, avoid contact at all costs. If you do take contact, bug out immediately; if you cannot pull out, movement is life; if you stay still, they will encircle you and kill you.
>>
>>32398377

If you're alone, you don't need to be shooting much at all.

Why would you be "picking off a prick" from a half a mIle away?

See, a half a mile can be looked at two ways.

>too far for you to shoot at anything less than an exposed centermass
>close enough that anybody with him or any unrelated parties are now looking for you

Shoot defensively, but try not to shoot. Stay low. Ride the night trail. No fires. No smokes. Bury your shit or take it with you. Spit your tobacco juice into a container. Walk the rocky spots. Leave no trash unburied.

If you're going to be alone, mobility and defensibility are your biggest concerns.

Be a nobody. Grey-man it out.
>>
>>32395281
That's how I always shoot pistols and how I taught Marines who were cross eyed dominant to shoot. It's not weird, if anything it is superior for pistol shooting. Rifles not so much though.
>>
>>32396015
Why did you guys keep leaving your weapons everywhere when you relieved my Marine unit. Also why did you have to go everywhere in fire team units with a sergeant or above because one of our lance corporals punched one of your lieutenants.

thanks
>>
>>32395189
By the way, would only be useful if you assumed you were pinned by a marksman or at least a decent shooter, but heres an example of a very basic function for guesstimating distance:
> Speed of sound = 340 m/s (changes marginally dependent on alttitude and humidity but not massively)
> 7.62r from AK47 at muzzle: 710 m/s (Assuming you are in Afghan or Iraq, otherwise estimate caliber based upon the reportexperience and standard armament/calibre of opfor)

Say you are in cover and a round thuds against a wall next to you. If you then heard the report of the shot 2 seconds later, double it (bullet travels twice as fast as the sound) and times that by 350 for quicker estimation (not looking for perfect grid coordinates, more useful for identiying a rough area in the terrain before a positive ID).
So in this example, gunshot is heard 2 seconds later, double it is 4, times 350 is 1400 metres. Now, if you can see a tall building or high terrain feature about a mile away, hes most likely in that area.

Do bear in mind this is an example of a very basic function, and variables include humidity, wind, echo features, altitude, length of barrel, calibre, and the reduction of speed in the bullet over distance. However, if the impact of the shot and the report do not sound almost simultaneous, and are more than a few seconds apart, probably worth counting just to be sure.

Im sure there are more foolproof methods and adjustments, doing maths on the fly isnt fun.
>>
>>32399773

I don't know, man.

A Soldier is as a Marine is as a Sailor is as an Airman is as a Guardian.

Some Joes be smart, some Joes be stupid.

The sheer quantity of soldiers and the focus on quantity over quality in non-combat units seems to be the big demeaning factor.
>>
>>32394879
for those everyday occasions "Left of Bang" is a great book. situational awareness is a skill worth building.

Also, John Lovell is fantastic. not the super tactical danger scan guy. and hes got skills. Seems real down to Earth and doesnt smell his own farts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGc7GpBe_8Y
>>
>>32399889
Forgot to mention that the velocity halves after 4-500 metres, so if the difference between impact and report is more than 1.5 seconds (count mississippis,motherfuckers or elephants) then dont double that amount past 1.5.

less basic version:
> gunshot lands near you
> report is heard 2 seconds later
> 1.5 x 2 = 3
> .5 x 1 = .5
> total 3.5
> 3.5 x 350 = 1225 metres (unlikely in a standard engagement with ahmed but stranger things have happened, some cunts just like popping off a few from afar then buggering off)

The more functions you can add and remember, the more accurate your estimation of range and location via terrain is. Im quite sloshed so im sure someones gunna find a problem somewhere. Night chaps.
>>
>>32396584
too good not to post the clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htPpNQpekJk
>>
>>32395324
>of course my husband was digging, he's a farmer who is paid by local insurgents to plant bombs on the road that US taxes keep rebuilding.

aka the reason why modern armies should deploy to either Annex or Liberate.

Afghanistan is a bottomless pit for money (no annexation), and Muslim theocracies are too retarded to actually function as a government (no liberation).
>>
Stealthy land nav is important. Basics might be: using roads/trails as handrails, crossing danger areas, and never silhouette yourself on the horizon.
>>
actually what is the best way to learn land nav

what are the major techniques and when do you use each one

i keep hearing about dead reckoning and terrain association, but when do you use each?
>>
File: 1479094821427.jpg (343KB, 740x1590px) Image search: [Google]
1479094821427.jpg
343KB, 740x1590px
Dunno if this is a meme or whatever but this is one of my favorites.
Really important to get you and your squad to a point where you can communicate with just gestures, for fun or for real shit.

Of course that other one with the parts altered to make it wacky makes me laugh each time.
>>
>>32400448
obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZepJFmFB7BE
>>
>>32400402
Depends on your goal, numbers and amount of kit.
If aiming to infiltrate to set up an LUP for long periods, or attempting to go undetected in general, choose tough and slow terrain, i.e thick brush, marsh, dense jungle etc. Very slow going though. Tends to occur in valleys and lower ground, where the opfor dont want to go.
For best speed, hard flat ground, circling around large inclines if possible.
If large numbers and you want to keep fairly concealed, dense canopy forest is best, or moving at night, but nav at night with light discipline is a good way to lose untrained people. It really depends on the numbers, gear, goal and timeframe.

Other useful tips:
Holding your fingers out at 90 degrees with the bottom of your bottom finger on the horizon, each finger represents 15 minutes, i.e if there are 8 fingers worth of distance between the sun and the horizon, that is 2 hours until sunset.
Travel halfway to two-thirds of the way up slopes, so you can bail down into the valley if you need to, or crest the hill and down the other side if contacted from below. Also helps prevent being silhouetted.
In most countries, following rivers downstream far enough will lead to civilisation. Probably wont work in Siberia or deep in the Amazon though.

Inspirational tales:
There were 3 men who were shipwrecked in the Pacific Ocean in the mid 2000's. After 4 days, one of the men lost hope, gave in, and died shortly after. The other two men survived for a further 38 days with almost no food and very little water.
There was also a german POW who escaped from a Russian prison camp in eastern Siberia, and he walked across Russia and back to Germany with just a trenchcoat and some decent boots. Just good tales to remember
>>
File: 1440177420226.jpg (664KB, 1395x1477px) Image search: [Google]
1440177420226.jpg
664KB, 1395x1477px
here's one I liked to use when I'm overnighting somewhere.
>>
File: tesserae .gif (28KB, 252x378px) Image search: [Google]
tesserae .gif
28KB, 252x378px
>>32400448
The numbering thing is kinda awkward past five. Work out a system beforehand, same with other important gestures.

>>32400402
Dead reckoning is "Point in a direction and start walking", mostly for open and easy terrain.

Terrain association is "There's something between here and there, but here's a thing that's at the heading we need to go, so we'll walk around the thing, and take another heading at that terrain feature."

The most important and most difficult thing with land nav, especially on rough terrain, is distance estimation. If you know you have to go 3220 meters at a heading of 273 degrees, but there's no significant landmarks other than a shitload of identical trees, it's up hills and down hills, across streams with 10 foot banks and irregular crossing locations, it's pretty goddamn hard.

My Ranger land nav was this, except at night. Under noise and light discipline. In the rain. In Febuary. On Friday the 13th. I shit you not. If you can find a neon index card nailed to a tree in that shit with just a heading and a distance, everything else is easy.

Of course, you can get these magic little things that will use GPS or something spit out your current location's grid coordinates all the way out to ten digits and it makes all this MUUUUUCH easier.
>>
>>32401615
How do you deal with rough up or down kinda terrain? I guess you can tell approximately how bad it'll be based on a contour map so you could just plot a bunch of points to avoid the worst ups and downs? How much does going up or down slope affect your pace count and how do you compensate?
>>
File: 1359519505343.jpg (65KB, 397x600px) Image search: [Google]
1359519505343.jpg
65KB, 397x600px
>>32401802
Ideal situation? Technology. GPS is awesome.

Barring that, guesswork and experience. Have a consistent pace distance, and have a known distance over rough terrain. See what your differences is. Also do this while at different levels of exhaustion and sleep dep, 'cause that will also make a difference.

If you want to be close, you could probably use some rangefinding estimation tricks or map fuckery to get a distance between you and a feature and just do some basic trig to get your distance from that. A squared + B squared = C squared is a really damn useful tool in landnav.

...but usually in every unit there's one guy who is utterly and unnaturally good and consistent at measuring distance traveled via paces in all terrain. Identify this guy early and make this his ONLY job, even if it costs you your Jalapeno Cheese and he's so dumb that you have to have someone walk with him keeping track of how many hundred meter distances he's marked off, so that he doesn't have to do the math involved with counting. It's fucking worth it.
>>
>>32396164
wear a flag of a non involved nation and start ww3
>>
>>32401947

Always pick the tall guy whose pace always comes out close to a yard. That's the most use you'll find for that guy.

Other than

>obstacles
>getting a better view
>spotting your bench press
>trading a helmet because they always give him a small and you a large
>>
>>32395411
Another way to low crawl with you're rifle that I remember is to do pretty much the same thing you said but to hold you're rifle so its on your back and off the ground.

You cover how to combat glide? I think thats the kind of stuff the people ITT want to know
>>
>>32402969

There is no fun way to combat glide or swan dive.
>>
>>32396043
Climbing into a bush is noisy. You're trading auditory concealment for visual concealment.

Another auditory thing- the old indian trick of moving with the wind. If it happens to be gusty, try to wait for a gust to break up the "sound silhouette" of something you need to do that makes noise.
>>
>>32402980
This is true, it looks cool but that shit is hell on your knees after a while.

I will be forever butthurt the amount of times I got whored out to the infantry as an amtracker, I ended up doing more groundpounding than AAV shit.

All that patrollng, MOUT and infantry training was pretty neat though, it really is a science if you think about it.

I know a bit on vehicle tactics, it's pretty much infantry tactics but with tracks
>>
>>32397720
Good for you bro, there were really 2 things that got me through without recycle, never getting lazy when it came to helping and pairing up with ANYONE in my squad (especially the shitbags, their peers count as much as everyone else's) and.... Take LEGIBLE NOTES on ANYTHING the instructors put in front of you, find the page that relates to what they're talking about and fill any blank space or find the first "intentionally left blank" page and fill it with your notes, the instructors will give you the answers to the test, exactly how they want it done for each phase.

Also realize rank plays into what leadership position you're going to get, so as a prior enlisted 1LT I knew I was going to probably get one of the initial PL positions for each phase, just like we knew the E7s would get the first BTL and PSG positions. They would also give the most junior dude a PL or SL position just to see how he would react, don't freak out.... build those good relationships with everyone around you....you will know exactly what you need to do..... take good notes... they give you the answers to the test and the RI's want you to have your ranger handbook out constantly. The only dudes that had issues were the non combat arms or the FA and Armor dudes, but even then, if we liked them and they were good people we carried/dragged them through it.
>>
>>32403009

Oh, hell yeah.

Older 11B's are some of the smarter people I've met. Unless you're infantry or in direct support of them, it's impossible to see what all goes into it.
>>
>>32403090
When I was first doing movements with them and noticed their Actions Left and Right movements was the same thing as our flanking movements on the tracks, setting up complex ambushes was really fun too, even moreso when we got the tracks involved
>>
>>32403120

Setting up ambushes gives me an erection that can push logging chain.
>>
>>32395663
Its six now
SIGNATURE - with the deployment of FLIR you must take care not to glow against your surroundings
>>
>>32403090
>>32403207

You are such an annoying namefag. Did you change your name Hunter 3-1?

Stop pretending to be an Infantryman, or even a man.
>>
>>32402999
Yea, that is true. One should always consider which form if concealment should have priority over others.

I like the idea of moving 'with the wind', not only giving auditory concealment, but also some visual, as your movements may be concealed or perceived as that of vegetation moving in the wind.
>>
>>32404113
The issue with trying to include signature is that, for small unit dismount tactics, its nigh impossible to mitigate. Its always something to consider but there is no effective way to hide a thermal signature.

>inb4 layers of wool blankets
>inb4 mylar
>>
File: 1480513965424.gif (953KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1480513965424.gif
953KB, 500x375px
>>32404159
To elaborate on prioritizing concealment factors: sneaking around in a confined environment at night, noise levels would probably be up there, where as, on a rainy day in an open environment, noise levels may be rendered somewhat obsolete due to the already present noise pollution. Kind of common sense logic, but still important to always be aware of important factors relating to your specific situation.
>>
>>32404182
Start a large fire in your near vicinity. This will effectively disguise your personal heat signature.
>>
>>32404222
Im going to assume this is sarcasm.

But just in case

>Be LRRS team
>See Atropian Mi-24s with FLIR flying around
>dimchemlight.png
>start fire 200 m away to scuttle thermals
>127th Atropian Armored Battalion sees fire in their AO
>SNCOs realize a fire is the perfect opportunity to keep the privates busy and ensure morale plummets
>T72s and BMPs show up to firefight
>LRRS team gets discovered by virtue of not being able to run away in an opfor saturated environment
>Fire begins to spread, LRRS team either engulfed in flames or run away only to be new hood ornaments on a BMP

Im not saying your plan is wrong. Good intent but poor execution.
>>
>>32394879
In penetration, the whole group rushes or fires as a unit. If possible, the platoon leader employs several squads advancing from various directions against the objective. In this way the defensive fires of the enemy will be scattered. This form of attack is no longer carried out by the squad, but by the platoon.

In order to be a leader in the field, a superior must display an exemplary bearing before his men in the moment of danger and be willing, if necessary, to die for them. The weak and vacillating are then guided by his example and by disregard for his self in accepting privations and dangers.
>>
>>32404404
Very much so, had a good laugh at your little example too
>>
>>32395073

Vehicles: Cover vs. concealment

Most anywhere will not stop incoming rounds.

The only spot with enough density is the engine block. Depending on the vehicle in question the block will vary in size and location. Many are not as large as you think.

So if you ever have to engage a target using a vehicle as cover, put the engine between yourself and the target.
>>
>>32400334

This.

If you want clean lasting victory, and actual land to call your own, you must eradicate.

Move in, kill and dispose of all inhabitants.

Offer your own excess population colonization rights. Subsidize their transport and set up in the newly conquered lands.

Congratulations. You've expanded your Empire quickly, effectively, with lasting peace and a matching ethnic population that with support and no insurgency can be bootstrapped to modernity within a generation or two.

All it took was understanding your Machiavelli.

>If you have to do a bunch of bad things to succeed, do them quickly and all at the same time. The people will be upset, but it will fade quickly. Especially if those actions produce lasting stability and peace.
>>
File: 1.jpg (312KB, 1304x1608px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
312KB, 1304x1608px
https://www.docdroid.net/wSicV2M/rhodesia-regiment-tactical-aide-memoire.pdf.html
>>
>>32400200
dear fucking Jesus
>>
>>32400200
"fire in the hole" used to initiate fires

why
>>
>>32404144

*Shhh*

Quiet, honey. The adults are talking.
>>
>>32405092
link is broken my dude.
>>
Anyone have a pdf of the Ranger handbook or any other helpful reading?
>>
>>32406831
Read the thread, anon. I posted it yesterday.
>>
>>32400200
I didn't know that show was a comedy.
>>
Some equipment tips while I wait at the dentist:

1. Tape down any loose straps that arent used or used often. More often than not, these straps like to get caught on anything in the forest or even when doing things like room clearing.
2.Any metal that is exposed or shiny should be dulled, either through the use of charcoal or non reflective paint.
3.Pack heavy shit closer to the body when packing a ruck, if need be make the lighter things a sort of "padding" around the heavier object. It is less strain on your back and the weight pulls at your shoulders less. Also, use the waist strap to distribute the weight to your hips.
4. Waterproof your shit. You can use anything from dedicated wet weather bags to trash bags taped closed. A popular method is to get the sealing ziploc bags, tape the clear "bag" with duct tape, and then pack whatever you need to (socks, shirts) in there, close it, put a strip of tape over the "zipper", and label with sharpie.
5. Dont be a faggot
>>
>>32395682
>posts actual army doctrine that's the most up to date you can get
>no responses

This is why /k/ sucks.
>>
>>32407679

>(You)
>>
>>32395682
sounds good thanks for this
>>
>>32407679
Its good, dont get me wrong I bookmarked it and let some of the NCOs here know, none of us knew this existed. But the focus in the thread at the time was tactics. Id assume a decent amount of /k/ already knows how to shoot.
>>
>>32407808

Changing from Bravo Team "Gunfighters" to this for remainder of general threads.
>>
>>32394879
Bump for archiving, this thread is timeless.
>>
>>32408148
Dont worry, I plan on making more threads. Someone should try compiling the info in the threads. I would, but life and such.
>>
>>32396290
LOL Canadian detected. Opsec friendo
>>
>>32396897
This gets talked about in theory but outside of SOF I have never seen (and when I say 'see' I mean watch in a video) infantry operate with the level of tempo that leapfrogging requires. I know part of the reason is that combat loads are 80lb+ and so physically covering 200m while running and diving is not realistic. What I want to know is there anything that would prevent a platoon or squad leader from being hyper aggressive and trying it, or are they specifically told to hold out for fire support to minimize casualties.
>>
>>32408999
If you're talking about actual combat footage, especially the Afghanistan stuff, there's oftentimes no real reason to do it.

You take some inaccurate and ineffective potshots from an indeterminate location. Now everyone gets down, and if you're good, everyone holds fucking fire until you figure out where the enemy are. Then odds are good they're really fucking far away, and you're going to exhaust your combat load trying to bound to them, so you just hold in place and call for CAS.
>>
>>32408999

Good observation, this question gets brought up sometimes. It boils down to a little from column A and a little from column B. The engagements are too unwieldy at those ranges to do anything but post up and shoot accurate fire, the IED threat is real and making a simple far ambush into a complex ambush through your own volition is admittedly pretty dumb on a PL's part. Not to mention trying that strategy involves throwing dudes more into harm's way, and with the abundance of standoff weapons and close air support, its much easier to call for fire or an A10 on a target that, in all likelihood, will be gone by the time you bound up to their position.

There is nothing but circumstance preventing more aggressive measures, and they are done overseas. Its just not caught in alot of footage.
>>
>>32409067
>2017-10d
>not blowing your combat load prematurely
>>
>>32396378
>Firearm is for self defense only.

2nd amendment does not carry over into someone else's country, and most will have laws against foreign nationals walking around with firearms without express authorization of the local authorities.
>>
>>32409342
US military doesn't enforce sand people law as far as I know, they do enforce unlawful combatant law though.
>>
>>32395017
Wasn't there a dude who was redoing the entire Ar/k/? Like reorganizing and adding more relevant items and removing the outdated stuff?
>>
>>32395988
>https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/tc3-22-9.pdf

Except that it gives the adversary an axis to probe where you might probably be.

Better to shit off axis.

I can't believe this is a topic of conversation.
>>
>>32409858
We were mechanized and we would run the 113s at night to keep the heater rolling since rotations liked to bleed into winter.

We didnt give any fucks. Its all NATO laser tag anyways.
>>
>>32404979
glad I read machiavelli
people who think it's satire are wishful thinkers
>>
>>32408294
is that a typical canuck thing?
I was taught that in infantry school and thought every country did the same
>>
>>32410008
>metres
>referring to a fireteam or squad as a section

Thats some Commonwealth lingo. Def. not a American
>>
>>32410022
i realize how canuck i am now because I thought you were talking about rate of fire and didn't even notice the lingo
>>
>>32396444
Seeing most of those people died either in the air, drowning when their ship goes under, or by the 10 billion different ways to die in combat but on a small coral hellhole against a fanatic enemy who would never even dare think of surrendering, yeah it was pretty metal.
>>
File: deadoralive.gif (1MB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
deadoralive.gif
1MB, 624x352px
>>32395696
>>
>>32410008
I'm american and all our infantry rangefinding and map shit was in meters. I think it's a NATO standardization thing.

Though we still zeroed rifles on the 25 yard range. Shit doesn't make sense, but they're reasonably interchangable, it's like 1yd : 0.9m
>>
>>32398223
In a three man team, would point do the fixing, the second man watch point's back, and the third do the flanking?
>>
>>32410525
a three man team is a little small to do any of this
>>
>>32399656
Would you recommend it for shooters who are not cross eyed dominant?
>>
>>32410545
You can still leapfrog, peel, and apply some low level theory withba two man team.
>>
I need information on 1 man CQB room clearing.
>>
File: Rule1.jpg (47KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rule1.jpg
47KB, 750x600px
>>32410624
Step one. Find a friend.
>>
What do people think of Poole's works? I've got most, even a PDF of Last Hundred Yards and it seems to boil down to stealthy infiltration and deception over firepower. Which makes sense considering the successes his case studies had. I'd never heard of the Marine's Combined Action Platoon's before and thought it would have made a great counter-insurgency program if pursued in Iraq/Afghanistan from the start.
>>
File: xxxxxxxxx006.jpg (98KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
xxxxxxxxx006.jpg
98KB, 1024x768px
>>32394879

i think i need a new one here
>>
>>32410771
Thank you for your service.
>>
>>32410757
For a while Ive been reading it and taking notes on each chapter in a large binder of mine. A definite improvement over basic battle drills (hell, it advocates against battle drills) and even the Ranger Handbook.

I like "Tactics of the Crescent Moon" and "Militant Tricks" as a solid set of case studies on Eastern tactics for small unit operations. If you are even remotely serious about learning tactics then Poole is definitely a place to start.

Sidenote: hos section on Gallipoli inspired me to ramshackle and assemble a rudimentary complex ambush that works from scratch. I might try to post it if I feel up to it.
>>
>>32408223
I had most of it compiled from yesterday. On a different PC, but I'll get the stuff from today as well on a pastebin or something
>>
>>32409587
There was an update to the Ar/k/ about a month after the initial posting. It was by the same guy who posted the initial torrent, and was meant to be merged with the first bit. You can find it by clicking on the author on that link I posted.
>>
>>32410624
>>32410673
Step 2
leave, and call in an F-15
>>
>>32411075
Pimpin.

>>32410624
This is one of those "worst case scenarios" that we never covered in the military.That being said, there are ways to negotiate it. Your best bet for more knowledge is consulting concealed carry websites, as it is assumed you are clearing your own home while alone.

The basic concept to understand if you are clearing building alone (in this case under the assumption someone decided to go to church thru your house) is that you have to deal with a number of unknowns. So you have to be methodical and positive you have cleared each room thoroughly before moving on.

First thing to consider is "slicing the pie". Slicing the pie is essentially slowly clearing an area, almost always a doorway leading to a room, in small slices,or sectors. Assuming you are looking at the door, you would stack up on one side of the door as close to the wall as possible. You would then, assuming the door is the apex and you are the fulcrum, slowly shimmy your way to the other wall in a half moon pattern. Ideally you shimmy sideways weapon at the ready, weapon far away from the doorway so as to not have it grabbed by a combatant or to betray your presence, and scan with the weapon from floor to ceiling and back down. You would move only when you feel that the "slice" you have checked is clear.
Once you have sliced the pie, you can make entry much like how you would clearing a room with a team.

Things to consider:
Deadspaces caused by furniture, i.e. areas that you cannot visually clear like behind a counter.
A person could be hiding behind the door, so it is always wise, once making entry, to shoulder check the door. if resistance is felt, you can maintain weight on the door and possibly fire through it.
Things that can make noise and alert someone of your presence
Shadows and lights.

If you are alone, things like lights or lasers could be a hindrance, they can be seen under the sill of the door, or through open doorways.

Ideally, don't clear rooms alone.
>>
>>32411557
Yeah your right, home defense drills. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>32411738
For home defense, I recommend throwing an incendiary into each room before you clear it.
Fuck your house.
>>
>>32410757
>pdf of Last Hundred Yards
share the wealth, /k/omrade?
>>
>>32411557
so what does the footwork look like when slicing the pie?
>>
>>32404113
>Quick, everybody, hunker down and stop being warm-blooded!
>>
>>32410624
go dynamic
breach, bang, and clear
go when ready
>>
>>32411905
If I were doing it and trying to be quiet, a side step with the leg in the direction you want to go, and the trail leg kind of slides along the ground.
>>
>>32411905
Like kick boxing footwork.
>>
>>32411897
http://bookzz.org/s/?q=the+last+hundred+yards&yearFrom=&yearTo=&language=&extension=&t=0

I believe I got my copy here. His comments on using infiltration and then shock raids to take key points like the Vietnamese did at Hue to take a city are pretty interesting, especially since Alleppo is showing everyone again that grinding a city into rubble isn't a really acceptable way to take a defended city anymore, if you're a first world nation that cares about things like re-building the infrastructure, displaced civilians, etc.
>>
What about noise discipline? Generally in terms of clothing and choice of footwear, what would be the "quietest"?
>>
>>32396973
Good fuck, I haven't seen one of those in ages....

Good lord, reading through this stuff is bringing back a lot of tactical shit I've managed to completely fucking forget... I can't remember the last time I was actually motivated to train this shit or execute it or do any fucking thing besides sit in my goddamned Stryker, combat lock the hatches and pretend I wasn't home.

I need to get the fuck out of the Infantry before I get someone fucking killed.
>>
>>32412087
Rubber soled, almost squishy like. Clothing wise, the most noise is made from fabric rubbing against skin. I have no idea how to mitigate that short of wearing skintight bullshit.

Realistic ways to mitigate sounds are:
Masking noise using louder noise i.e. moving when wind is gusting
Walking heel to toe (Start by placing heel down, roll weight forwards slowly, placing more and more of the sole of the foot on the ground as you do so)
Being cognizant of surfaces being walked on i.e. walking on rocks as opposed to dry leaves.
Not have objects on body secured, such as sling swivels not being taped to muffle sound, rifle shouldn't be clanking around, magazines making that distinctive spring rattle when hit.
Radio using earpiece or radio silence being enforced
Phone on silent (Trust me, and oops)
>>
File: neked.jpg (93KB, 800x454px) Image search: [Google]
neked.jpg
93KB, 800x454px
>>32412087
Naked's the best for noise discipline and speed. Lowers your def tho so watch out.
>>
>>32412087
>>32412179
One thing to add
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSK3maq8Cyk
>>
File: DomSBrR.jpg (89KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DomSBrR.jpg
89KB, 1920x1080px
>>32412179
for clothing, just wear skin tight latex to show off those abs of steel like big boss
>>
Things to consider also packing before an exercise:

Extra cigarettes. Always. Along with a spare lighter. Substitute with dip if appropriate.
Baby wipes, for wiping your ass and doing field baths
Deck of cards
Portable battery, sometimes you need to absolutely use a phone or some other small device
Trash bags and tape, for waterproofing
Some sort of portable field chair. I used to use the typical ones but moved on to a foldable stepping stool because sturdy.
Mylar blanket, some are sold with grommets so as to enable expedient shelter.

When hiking, I like to bring a NOAA storm crank radio, so I can have something to listen to as I chop wood or set up camp. I also tend to bring a flask of whiskey or bourbon, because it gets reeeeally boring at night.
>>
File: 548959569.png (168KB, 1726x692px) Image search: [Google]
548959569.png
168KB, 1726x692px
this is a good pamphlet
>>
>>32412503
>>32412365
>>32412321
/v/irgin faggots found this thread. Abandon ship
>>
File: 1368798944657.jpg (6KB, 196x254px) Image search: [Google]
1368798944657.jpg
6KB, 196x254px
>>32411193
>>
>>32396043
Monty Python covered this. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dTQYEkIvN2M
>>
Small thoughts geared more for OPFOR type's. When moving around remember how long it took you to get there is how long it will take you to get out of there(like on the side of a mountain) and this means something if you have to get out of there in a hurry (like a encirclement)

Indirect fire/airstrikes make certain sounds. If you have been through enough bombardments you will learn by sound when to run, when to lay on the ground or when not care at all. You can't beat dem drone's though.

Always remember the best defensive position is going to be the first position hit with everything the enemy has.
>>
Army doctrine has a 3-1 rule to consider when attacking an opposing force. That means for every one OPFOR, you want to have at least three guys. Ideally squads dont ambush more than a fireteam.

However, this is why force multipliers are emplaced. Things like machineguns and claymores multiply your force and allow for larger targets and groups to be engaged.

Just something to consider.
>>
>>32412853
but the basis of that must surely be broader force superiority
eg. odds too close to even, wait for backup

if it's a zero sum game like a major power conflict, surely that would immediately shift and squads would be encourage to ambush even a platoon if they could inflict enough damage

the japenese left single men behind to cover their retreats in the jungle
>>
>>32412937
Of course, its always situation dependent and in the broader spectrum, sometimes it is advantageous to send a smaller force to distract or recon by fire an unknown force.

But this is all under the assumption that a bunch of autists are trying to replicate these tactics for airsoft battles or the apocalypse or to feel good.

But, I do believe that the 3:1 odds help foment a realistic scheme for success in deciding what targets to hit at the squad or platoon level. Its wssentially the "grounds for victory" number. Historically, only one of the three dudes firirng at the one enemy will have any sort of effect on target. People still shoot too high or blindly fire, some dont apply the fundamentals be it from stress or excitement, and some just cant handle killing another person and miss on purpose.

I guess overall this is better advice for smaller, semi independent units (i.e. apocalypse type marauders or something) which is more than likely the actual scale these tactics would be used, seeing as the majority of this board wither wont join the military or is disqualed from joining.
>>
>>32404144
y u do dis?
>>
>>32394879
https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/ad2015_37.pdf
>>
>>32413001
>spraying blindly or missing on purpose
does that honestly still happen?

for anyone lurking the cube still as a sizeable collection of training material
>>
>>32401206
That takes up more room in your pack than just laying each item individually in your pack
>>
>>32408294
Right commonwealth, wrong country friendo.
>>
>>32410008
It was the use of some language. Literally meant commonwealth-cuck detected I don't know why I said Canadian.
>>
>>32414023
There are enough retards I work with that the more competent guys freak out about room clearing with live rounds by sheer virtue of not wanting to get shot in the back.

The infantry has alot of smart dudes, but man it has alot of dumb dudes too.
>>
>>32394879
Pie the corner and believe!
>>
File: 1417497533009.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1417497533009.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>32406144
Opened and downloaded fine for me
>>
>>32408294
Metrics applies to non-american countries. Could be anyone from europe desu
>>
>>32416970

Even the US Military uses meters for measurement.
>>
>>32416970
For fucks sake, Im British. Mystery over lads. Carry on.
>>
>>32417508
Another case closed. On the next episode of American Education Standards... Where in the world is Britmark?
>>
>>32417686
Theyre a shipping company so...probably quite a few places. Unless Im not getting the joke
>>
Former Infantry Team Leader here. Had an Lt who was a squad leader before getting his commission who change a few "by the books" setups. My favorite was for a linier ambush. Most of the squads and platoons I had worked with before used the doctrine setup for your assault and support teams. Looked something like:

A-A-A-A-S-S-S-S

With each letter representing a soldier. He showed us a different way which I continued to use well after he was gone:

A-S-A-S-A-S-A-S.

This took away the need for the assault team to have to cut through the objective at an angle and for the some members of the support team to shift to create proper 360 security. With this method, the assault team can push straight through the objective, then both teams can immediately set into 360 security. It cut loads of time off of our actions on the objective.
>>
File: 180px-Guardian_Angel_1900.jpg (23KB, 180x267px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Guardian_Angel_1900.jpg
23KB, 180x267px
>>32395910
Its like poetry that looking through NVG, cigarette lights up a halo circling your face.
>>
>>32409587
I thought it was the do/k/ument?
>>
>>32417916
Sure.

But your dudes have to be hot shit, cause I sure as fuck dont trust the joes in my unit with not fucking up and shooting me in the back if Im on the assault team.

I see where the strategy comes from, but it seems like there are too many ways for this to go wrong, whereas the alternate is just shifting and lifting fire.

I like the ingenuity though, its just somethijg I wouldnt do with the average troops or a /k/ based force.
>>
>>32418126

Y'all wanna hear a funny story about an ambush exercise?
>>
>>32418126
True enough. I always just called a lift fire, made sure I heard an echo from both sides, wait a few seconds, call for assault to push through, and as they hit the objective, I'd call for support to rotate into rear security. I never had any ND issues, though I personally was never able to use it in an actual combat situation. I'd like to think my joes were pretty solid and could have handled it. It's definitely a judgement call on the leadership on wether or not they think their soldiers are capable of handling it.
>>
>>32418275
Uhhhhh... fuck yeah?
>>
>>32418378
I like the idea for sinple virtue of less time on target and moving pieces. Its just you would need a pretty good team. Scratch that a really good team.

I had an idea for a guerilla type complex ambush but it would take too long to type out right now and I would have to draw and shit
>>
>>32395281
CAR makes it pretty easy to switch which arm to shoot pistols with

but I agree, there's just about no documentation for it
>>
>>32418550
Don't leave me in a half chub state bro. I need my full Infantry boner to get through the day.
>>
>>32418384

>FTX
>acting as makeshift OPFOR
>element leader, I have designed the perfect U-shaped ambush
>I hear the Joes approaching maybe 100 yards away, slow but way too loud
>I suddenly have to pee worse than I ever have
>I have an excellent position on high ground behind a log
>decide to go for it
>I roll over on my side, scrape the leaves from a spot so the pee won't make noise
>look loose a mighty tactical piss
>as I roll back over, the patrol has come into view
>squad-sized element in a sloppy wedge
>they fall for my Object of Interest
>I start the fun
>blanks for days, famalam
>after they fall back and gtfo, I go to retrieve my brass
>it's in my muddy piss puddle
>I have to pick it up
>get my gloves wet
>my fingers
>my pocket
>with goddamn dirty, piss-reeking brass

In my military career, I have had two urine mishaps and two shit mishaps.
>>
Bump for the ambush how to info.
>>
Alright, so I will cover the basics of an ambush here before getying into anything too complicated.

First thing is first, your small unit should (ideally) be composed of enough people to take advantage of superior firepower and the 3:1 doctrine I explained earlier in the thread. For the sake of argument, lets say you have ten people all armed with semiautomatic rifles.

There are two types of ambushes. Hasty and deliberate. Hasty is done on the spot and with minimal intel. Deliberate is planned and usually is done as part of a grander strategic goal i.e. cut off support to an area.

For training and educational purposes we will go over a hasty. All you know is your group is ambushing three soldiers.

The first step is finding an ambush point. You ideally want to pick somewhere where there is:
1. Tactical use of land, like a small cliff overlooking the road serving as the killzone.
2. Minimal avenues of approach to the ambush line, so as to mitigate getting discovered.
3. Ample cover and concealment and good firing lines to the killzone.
4. An area readily separated from other opfor movements i.e. dont ambush near a mechanized brigade's assembly area.

Alright, so you have picked your spot. Now what? Well first, you ideally have enough time to send out a quick recon to ensure the ambush line is clear and will be suitable for the task at hand. If with radios, the recon element will stay at the line and radio back that it is clear. The recon will then move to provide security facing the enemy most likely avenue of approach.

The rest of the firing order arrives. As it stands, 2 are providing security (recon). Two more should be allocated to provide security to the other end. One should provide rear security and the rest of the element gets on line facing the killzone. Any claymores are emplaced and camoed, aling with the fighting positions. For the sake of the exercise this will be a linear ambush.

Cont. in Part 2
>>
Ambush Part 2

Alright, everyone is on line and in place. Enemy is 15 minutes out. Now what?

First, make sureall weapons are ready to fire, all sounds remain to a minimum, and all movement is halted. The leader of the element will initiate the ambush with a closed bolt weapon. At the sound of the weapon report, any claymores are detonated and the firing line opens up, taking care to engage at least one person in the killzone with accurate and deliberate fire. If everyone does this with at least one opfor, it will ensure casualties on the opfor side and make sure the opfor is combat ineffective.

Everyone continues to engage, at least expend their magazine, until the order to cease fire is given. Then the ambushing element gets on line and assaults through the killzone. They consolidate at the far side of the killzone, radio to the security element to regroup wih the main element, and after a quick check to make sure no one is hit or out of water, ammo, special equipment, the unit quickly exfils through a route different than the infil, as the spot could be getting ready to get bracketed by indirect.
>>
>>32421464
bumping.

thank you for your expertise!

Us non .mil anons really appreciate it.

what is the significance of closed bolt?
>>
>>32421555
Open bolt weapons (machine guns) have a propensity to jam or the bolt slams home on a phantom round for the first shot. You want to initiate your ambush with rounds going downrange and not a click. That click cobfuses everyone and if the ambushed hear it (which happens), they can maximize that split second and hit the deck and find cover.
>>
A REMINDER ALL THIS INFO IS FOR EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY AND FOR DISCUSSION.
>>
>>32421685
Dont worry mate, if alphabet agencies picked people up for this shit it would be the least of our worries. Also any neckbeard troop who attempted this without proper rehearsal & training would get spotted and slotted pretty quick so no fear.
>>
File: fire_force_2_1200.jpg (277KB, 1200x825px) Image search: [Google]
fire_force_2_1200.jpg
277KB, 1200x825px
>>32422147
Word.
Just gotta cover my ass.

>slotted
Only if they are floppies. Pic related.
>>
>>32395929
Is dip ok in the field?
>>
>>32422342
Fuck that guy I smoked. Conceal cherry in aluminium can. Dips kind of nasty, I liked to taste things.
>>
>>32422342
The issue stems from the smell of the dip (Grizzly Wintergreen and Cope Mint Im looking at you), the spittles that people will inevitably leave (can land on leaves or be found by doggos), and then discarding the wad of used dip. There are ways to mitigate it but the average joe doesnt think to the autistic paranoid levels that make the difference between a successful mission and being a POW.
>>
>>32422372
I smoke too. I just know when to smoke. But man to a nonsmoker that smell is dostinctive and it carries far. Not to mention it likes to cling onto clothes. There is a reason why many tracking guides always bring up cigarettes as a way to track down people.

If you really want to dip so bad, then I guess you could spit in a bottle and carry the bottle with you.

>inb4 muh smokes in Afghanistan never got me killed
>>
https://www1.udel.edu/armyrotc/current_cadets/cadet_resources/manuals_regulations_files/FM%203-21.8%20-%20Infantry%20Rifle%20Platoon%20&%20Squad.pdf

https://www1.udel.edu/armyrotc/current_cadets/cadet_resources/manuals_regulations_files/SH%2021-76%20-%20Ranger%20Handbook.pdf
>>
>>32422406
When I was in the shit I didn't care if Hadjis could smell tobacco. Or Hash...

What unit were you since you na!efag?
>>
File: rockorsomething.jpg (31KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
rockorsomething.jpg
31KB, 800x800px
Basic rifle marksmanship manual for noobs
http://www.ut.ngb.army.mil/campwilliams//Downloads/operations/Current_Downloads/Weapons/fm3_22x9c4%20(M16%20qual%20w%20change%204).pdf
>>
>>32422450
Never got to deploy. Got shafted with an Opfor unit first, and then the cav.
>>
this isn't made because contrary to the beliefs of spergs who soak their panties over a particular variant of a room entry, tactics are not complex and necessarily so

once youve covered the governing principles, there really isn't much to discuss that doesnt come down to personal preference which will further be influenced by experience and conditions

Seriously, most of these things despite the fancy name are simply not that interesting, deep, complex or otherwise worth splitting hairs over.

I mean jesus christ, youve got people in this thread already sperging about IMTs - which despite the jargon is nothing more than basic movements
>>
File: kek.jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
>>32422474
MFW you will be the first to die
>>
>>32422470
I respected the honesty.

Ubaydi and Helmand here.
>>
>>32422474
One of the main points of this thread was to expose the idea that, while tactics are not inherently that complicated, they are an alien topic to alot of /k/, be it from no need to experience or lack of available info or drive. Its easy to tell someone to go read an FM but lets face it alot of those mediums have really trite wording. A thread like this can be used to clarify these topics and mull over solutions to problems seen by people who have used them.

Granted alot is nitpicking, but the fact if the matter is the West in general jas not refined its tactics for a looong time and the refinations made through experience are lost with that generation most of the time. No one wants to address the elephant in the room that sooner or later someone will find a way to defeat current tactics.
>>
>>32422574
Word. To be fair I wasnt expecting this response, it was a welcome sigh of relief.

And yeah, enlisting during drawdown times was no bueno.
>>
>>32422387
Follow up how would one properly dispose of used dip?
>>
>>32396702
>you'd be surprised
>*winks*
>*pulls down pants to reveal trident tattoo*
>>
>>32423069

Dig a hole with your knife and bury it, cover it up with your hasty, drop into a body of water, put it under a big rock.
>>
Does anyone have info on german squad tactics? I heard they are still using almost the very same tactics they developed in WW2. MG team as center piece and the others go forward or something like that.
>>
>>32423069
Just put the used wad in the spitter bottle.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.