[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I picked this little guy up a few days ago, it's the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 5765.jpg (26KB, 475x275px) Image search: [Google]
5765.jpg
26KB, 475x275px
I picked this little guy up a few days ago, it's the first spinning gun I've ever owned. Going to take it to the range next week - is there anything I need to know about it or spinning guns in general before I start plinking? It's just in .22LR so I assume the spinning won't get too out of control.
>>
leave one chamber empty or with a used casing and you will be able to find if you have a flinch.
>>
>>32392722
I've been dry firing it and keeping the flinching in check, the only thing that throws me off a bit is when I don't control for the trigger pull and I throw my aim off as I squeeze, but I'm working on it
>>
is this the sp101 or gp100
>>
>>32392806
sp101 - the gp was cool and all but a full frame revolver for 22lr seemed a little too silly
>>
>>32392814
alright, i have shot one then. they are fun accurate shooters, super nice single action trigger break. but shooting in double action was a fucking finger workout, be prepared for like a 12 pound trigger pull. still for average plinking you end up cocking back the hammer anyway so not a big deal. i think i was shooting golfballs at like 15 yards, it was fun
>>
Load a few cartridges in random order, making sure there's a few empty chambers

Close your eyes, rotate the cylinder around a bit, close it and start firing. It really helped me when I first started shooting
>>
How much did that one run you? I haven't seen any good prices on .22 revolvers lately.

Also, don't put your fingers anywhere near the front of the cylinder unless you enjoy being wounded.
>>
>>32392891
>>
>>32392734
Watch out, you may develop a flinch after recoil that you can't detect dry firing. Try leaving empty cylinders at random to check for a flinch.

>>32392836
The .22 is even worse, on my .38 sp101 I replaced the 14lb spring with a 10lb one.

>>32392923
That's a really good price.
>>
>>32392715
Don't dry fire a .22lr revolver unless you want to take the dings out of the cylinder. They're fun as hell, though. Mine's pretty accurate, holds ten rounds, and eats ammo by the brick.
>>
>>32394606
You can dry fire Ruger rimfires. The firing pins don't protrude enough to actually hit the edge of the chamber.

Although if you don't want to dryfire it, you can use yellow 4-6 wall anchors as cheap snap caps.
>>
They are more reliable than bounced guns.

Spinning gun? Revolvers?
>>
>>32392923
you paid $550 for a ruger 22 revolver?????

shit son, you got fucked with your pants on.
>>
>>32395976
>implying clothed/partially clothed sex isnt my fetish
c'mon senpai, you gotta step it up a bit.
>>
>>32392734
knowing its unloaded will make you not flinch
if you have a dead round, you'll flinch if you have one
>>
Try loading it with a random mix of 22 LR and 22 CB ammo. It helps you harden up on keeping it on target as you fire. Yes, the double action trigger pull is a bitch.

I practice this with my old-school Ruger Security Six. I load it with a random mix of .357 and .38 ammo, and try to put all six rounds into a paper plate at 7 or 10 yards, double action. It's not easy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.