[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of buying multiples of the same gun? Like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 1432710829337.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1432710829337.gif
2MB, 640x480px
What's the point of buying multiples of the same gun? Like why the fuck would you need two 9.mm's or five different .22's? You have one that shoots that cartridge already, why do you need more?
>>
>>32387331

Already have the ammo for it!
>>
File: 1441156470594.jpg (671KB, 1056x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441156470594.jpg
671KB, 1056x720px
>why do you need
Do you understand the concept of a hobby? Why do you call two different guns the same gun just because they fire the same ammunition?
>>
File: 1265414135680.jpg (112KB, 750x600px)
1265414135680.jpg
112KB, 750x600px
>>32387331
For computers, I have:
Two desktops.
Three monitors.
A server.
A laptop.
A smartphone.
A tablet.

Why the fuck do I need so many different pieces of technology that all basically do the same thing? It's almost as if each item fills a different niche use and I find it beneficial to have something on hand that can accomplish what I need it to do.
>>
>>32387331
>Single shot .357 vs Ruger Vaquero vs Desert Eagle
They're all completely different guns with different appeals and advantages
But they fire the same bullet.
>>
File: 1481756388759.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481756388759.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
>>32387331

Of the same gun, I don't know.

However just of the same caliber, you'd normally do it to fill a niche. Like having a heavy expensive precision 308 for long range hunting in Utah and having a shorter 308 with open sights for eastern Oklahoma brushy short range shots. Both would share the same reloading equipment too. On handguns, size is very important too. Normally a compact is for carrying and a full size is for defense.

Other reasons to own multiples is if you inherit them or you just happened to like another model too and you have the money laying around.
>>
>>32387331
Since people are responding anyway, here is what I have to say. Consider the following:

>I need a gun for physical outdoor activities such as jogging, for times when I'm wearing light clothing due to the heat or I want to be sure I have maximum concealment.
Get a small single stack 9mm such as the Shield or PPS.
>I want an EDC gun that I can carry on a regular basis and will be able to shoot well with decent capacity.
Maybe get a double stacked medium 9mm like the Glock 19, fag 320 or HK p2000.
>I want a weapon for home defense that I can use one handed or an open carry weapon for my SHTF fantasies.
Get a duty sized 9mm like the Glock 17.

So there's an example of why you might buy 3 different guns chambered in the same round but what about buying the exact same gun multiple times?
It could be that you're familiar with the platform and comfortable with it. In that case, if you want to leave one in your restroom or have one for a friend to shoot or have back-up that doesn't sacrifice anything over your EDC, then you're good to go and the best part is that they'll share magazines too.

On the other hand what about someone who buys every kind of compact 9mm they can get their hands on?
Well, variety is the spice of life for that person or they just like to have a collection of their favorite style of handgun. Some people collect things.
>>
Redundancy.

"Two is one and one is none."

One to carry while I'm fiddling with the other. One to loan. One to beat on, one to be precious with. Backup, and backup for the backup.

I like to have slight variations. I've got two .30-06's, a blued/walnut Remington 7600 and a stainless/synthetic Ruger M77 Mk.II. So, I've got a bad weather rifle and a pretty rifle. Also, two of my personal obsessions are pump action rifles and Mauser-style actions, so I got both those covered. Eventually I'd like to add another 7600 in .35 Whelen, and another M77 in .25-06. Redundant redundancy.

I've got two 1911's, one with fixed and one with adjustable sights. And so forth.

I dunno, as much as I admire the tough-guy, minimalist, just-the-essentials attitude, I guess I've just got a collector/packrat streak I can't shake.
>>
I don't have a problem with guns of the same caliber, but I think it's kinda silly to have more than one of the same gun, like someone who goes out and buys a crate of nuggets and just sits on it
>>
Because there are no goldilocks pistols out there for me. The only that that's even close is a Glock and that requires $1000 of customization to get to where I want it and also makes me want to vomit looking at it.
>>
>>32387331
Dual wielding, duuuuh?
>>
>>32387882
AKIMBO SHOTGUNS
>>
>>32387331
One to use in murders, the other one to use when giving to forensics.
>>
>>32387657
>Redundancy

This man knows what's up.
>>
>>32387331
who cares
>>
>>32387331
i like guns. and if i come across a great deal on a gun i already own, what am i going to do? not buy it?
>>
Most people aren't destitute NEETs and can afford to collect things.
>>
>>32387331
More sons, more guns.
>>
>>32387918
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4nfZu8VqgQ
Two can play at this game too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMlSE3_5foY
>>
>>32388109
>>32388109
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!
https://youtu.be/WOoUVeyaY_8?t=174
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tEYcUSQDyw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7G-sOC3-sQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H5KsnoUBzs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F_Pay7MErw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNFlAzVhSVw
>>
Considering buying a second beretta 92f.
Basically, the logic train works like this
>considering a gun to be mounted permanently in my car
>decide full sized hi cap handgun is the direction I want to go
> decide it needs to be cheap since it's going to be exposed to alot of shit like temp extremes, moisture, getting stolen ect
>decide something like a sw 9ve, or tp9 might fit the bill since they are cheap
>decide if I spent a little more on another 92 I would have mag and holster compatability.
>since it's just in my fucking car I don't care that it's a redundant choice
>still don't do it since I always ultimately decide I'm not comfortable leaving a gun in my car and risk some nignog stealing it.

Maybe if I find a car vault I like.
>>
>>32387882
that's actually the reason I want to get identical copies of handguns, redundancy aside.
>>
Having enough weapons on hand to arm myself and family/friends with identical weaponry. So owning 5 mosins and 5 glock 22's is insurance. I have better guns that I like more, but those are my rainy day "well shit. I guess we're going to need to arm the senpai. No you can't have my 7.62x54R VEPR. Be grateful for mosin. Is good rifle."
>>
>>32387331

Because different firearms of the same chambering can have different uses. For example a compact 9mm pistol would be a useful CCW while a 9mm pistol caliber carbine is a handy home defense gun.
>>
>>32387882
>>32387331
>not having a second backup
>>
>>32388002
Ayyy, my boy. This keeps getting me, too

>>32388382
I gotta admit I think like this too. I haven't gone so far as the get multiple primary+sidearm kits set up and squared away, though I'd like to, but it does cross my mind when I pick up another copy of whatever.
>>
>>32387930
>Not haveing multiple barrels
>>
File: ravioli.jpg (40KB, 640x569px) Image search: [Google]
ravioli.jpg
40KB, 640x569px
>>32387331
>I would like a particular example for firearm
>I see said firearm is offered in a caliber that I already own and stock and therefore will not require additional time and money to stock ammo for it

It's not a hard fucking concept. I main 9mm in handguns, for instance. Ask me how often I shoot the one 10mm I own. The answer is two years ago. I can never be assed to go out of my way to find ammo for that one gun (no, I can't be assed to reload either). Meanwhile, every time I go to wal-mart, I can buy a box or two of 9mm, tuck it a way, and know that whenever I feel like shooting any of the nines I own, I have a healthy supply of ammo to do so.
>>
File: 1480672674606.jpg (40KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
1480672674606.jpg
40KB, 504x415px
>>32387331
>>32387414
>grouping them all together and saying they are all the same
that's called discrimination shit-lord, check your privilege.
>>
>>32387331
Different uses for the guns but you dont want to have another caliber to buy.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.