[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in NJ, I'm traveling south to a different state.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: bulk-ammo.jpg (61KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
bulk-ammo.jpg
61KB, 600x442px
I live in NJ, I'm traveling south to a different state. What's the rules about transporting just ammo? I intend to bring my guns separately in a different car. But, ammo by itself is legal to go anywhere if its locked up, right?
>>
>>32387170
It's fine, just make sure to log each serial number on each bullet first.
>>
>>32387192
I know it's a dumb question but most of my searches don't yield a straight answer.
>>
>>32387170

Ammo is fine as long as it's secured (in a box) and in your trunk. Guns can be a bit more tricky and depend on State laws, but generally speaking, if they're in a case in the trunk, they should be OK.
>>
>>32387522
I have ammo boxes with locks. But I also have one unopened box with 1000 rounds in it (stapled closed with those big copper staples). Is that ok as is or do I need to unpack it and put in another ammo can?
>>
>>32387170
NJ has some of the strictest transport laws. If you can follow them, you should be fine traveling to other states. Make sure you keep your food on you too.

The only issue I have ever heard of is having hollow point ammo in the open (and only for pistol ammo). Just keep all of your ammo in the trunk and you should be fine.

Also don't do shit to get pulled over in the first place. Don't speed above traffic flow or fuck around on your phone while traveling. Make sure your registration is up-to-date especially, both staties and locals love to nail people for that.

Source is I am another gun owning anon stuck in NJ. I make sure to stay alert when dealing with guns in this state.
>>
>>32389753
FOID, not food, on you. Stupid autocorrect. But food is a good idea to have too.
>>
>>32389768
FPID not FOID....technically only needed when purchasing not that this doesn't stop the stupid state....
>>
>>32389949
My bad. Most stores and owners in my area (Hunterdon County) just refer to it as a "firearms ID" anyway.

I always keep mine on me just in case anyway. I just wish they made them the same size as the drivers license.
>>
>>32389949

As someone who lived in NJ, I seriously recommend keeping your FPID on your at all times if you have a gun with you or in your trunk. Police/etc can be massively anal and demand proof you own the gun and such.

>>32390000

>I just wish they made them the same size as the drivers license.

Fucking this. I laminated mine, and now the damn thing won't fit in my wallet or anything else.
>>
>>32390007
>I laminated mine, and now the damn thing won't fit in my wallet or anything else.
I never laminated mine, I just keep it behind my license. I did lose a little bit off the edge but no information was lost and I have yet to encounter a dealer who cares.
>>
>>32390181
My first one I didn't laminate and the ID Number was slightly damaged. Dealers didn't give a shit but the bg checks had issues. Second one I lamented.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.