[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So apparently there is a petition going around to name the n

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: Cg_CjkSU8AAvvQf.jpg (35KB, 600x815px) Image search: [Google]
Cg_CjkSU8AAvvQf.jpg
35KB, 600x815px
So apparently there is a petition going around to name the next major US NAVY ship, most likely a Zumwalt class destroyer, the "USS THE DEPLORABLES". I was wondering what the rest of/k/ thought about it. I personally think it would be amusing hearing the name from the media all the time. also for those interested here is the link to the petition For those that may be interested in signing, the petition can be found here https://wh.gov/ieJQQ
>>
gay
>>
>>32383638
Will never happen and it's a retarded idea. Change petitions don't do anything.
>>
>>32383648
It's not a change petition, it's a white house petition meaning the president actually has to make a statement about it at 100k signatures. True it will most likely never become a name though.
>>
trumpfags clinging to the 'deplorables' thing are just as bad as clinton voters clinging to the 'nasty girl' title.
>>
>>32383638
>So the navy is full of gays AND faggots?
>>
>>32383684
>Is that anything new at this point? Thanks Obama
>>
>>32383638
That would be funny but I don't think I could get behind forcing Navy members to work on a ship named "The Deplorables", even if it were possible.
>>
>>32383638
>give a stupid name to a ship
Fuck off /pol/, /k/ isn't your plaything.
>>
The name "Deplorable" could work but it wouldn't fit for the class.
US Ships are named after people, locations, or battles. They don't do the British convention of naming ships with whatever sounds cool/threatening.
>>
>>32384157
>RMS Fuck the Krauts
>>
>USS Millenial
>USS Trigger
>USS Bigot
>USS Pizzagate
>USS Pussy Grabber
>>
>The USS Aristocrats

Eh? EH?!
>>
>>32384318
>Not USS Aristocats

Eh, ehh..!
>>
>>32383638
Not until someone names a ship boaty mcboatface I'm not playing anymore.
>>
>>32384157
>What is the USS Enterprise
>What is the USS Constellation
>>
>>32384371
Eh? Ehhhhh!?
>>
>>32383638
USS Deplorable would work well
>>
>>32383638
A ship named the USS Deplorable sounds 40k as fuck
>>
>>32385386
The God Emperor wills it
>>
>>32383638
Can we name it "The Antman" or "Trump"?
>>
>>32385288
Exceptions to the naming convention because of their historical legacies.
>>
>>32385288
>grandfathered names of famous ships
>>
>>32383638
>USS Gabrielle Giffords
Why does the USN have such a shit tier naming convention?
>>
>USS DEPLORABLE
>USS DONALD TRUMP
>USS LIBERAL TEARS
>>
>>32383638
>USS Liber Tristitia
>>
>>32385571
You will have an orbital strike carrier 'Donald J. Trump' as the first starship of this class.
>>
>>32385592
>>32385595

>We don't name ships after words, except these ships we named after words.

The naming convention isn't a goddamn law, they toss it aside when they feel like it. If they want to start naming ships after words again, they can do that.
>>
File: John_Sharp_Williams_1923.jpg (508KB, 886x1063px) Image search: [Google]
John_Sharp_Williams_1923.jpg
508KB, 886x1063px
related trivia: in 1904, when the British launched HMS Dreadnought, Senator John Sharp Williams (D-MS) put forward a bill that would rename USS Michigan the USS Skeered O' Nothin'
>>
>>32387097
The picture may be black n' white but his skin is green
>>
>>32383638
Put this on /pol/ and /b/ might garnish a couple extra signatures
>>
>>32383638

USS Wastey McTaxWaste
>>
>>32387329
This. Or perhaps USS CashBurner
>>
>>32383677
What does the national guard have to do with shillary?
>>
>>32383638

I appreciate the sentiment but that's a garbage name
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.