[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they cover their head when firing mortars? Is it the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1482135809649.jpg (49KB, 837x736px) Image search: [Google]
1482135809649.jpg
49KB, 837x736px
Why do they cover their head when firing mortars? Is it the extreme sound or the possibility of a premature detonation?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OPYFU4hXDg4
>>
>>32382606
In case of mortar failure.

You don't want to be near a mortar during mortar failure.
>>
>>32382606
>that disgusting shaky cam

Remind me again why everyone likes this trash? You legit cant see shit
>>
>>32382606
They're suppose to be covering their ears as it's loud as fuck to be near a mortar.

And maybe muzzle flash or some shit like that.
>>
>>32382644
This, if the mortar explodes in the tube near your head, if you cover your head it will help prevent your eyes from getting hurt.
>>
>>32382606
It's to protect themselves from any debris, and the noise/concussion of firing. .50BMG will rattle your bones and disturb your body fluids, a mortar will really fuck you up.
>>
>>32382606
What vehicles are those supposed to be, anyway?

I can't tell. The tank lseems like some kind of turretless thing made up to look like a Hetzer or something. No idea about the armored car.
>>
>>32382684
Dunno. I was in Alaskan Stryker Brigade but got discharged for drinking and ,ental health shit. And honorable at that.
>tfw i regret it every day
Oh well, at least ill be dead at some point
>>
File: atlPfe3.jpg (469KB, 1800x1260px) Image search: [Google]
atlPfe3.jpg
469KB, 1800x1260px
>>32382684
>The tank lseems like some kind of turretless thing made up to look like a Hetzer or something
It's clearly a Jagdpanther you plebian shitlord.
>>
>>32382644
Is that a common thing
>>
>>32382823
In the old days, shit can get lodged up in the mortars or the shells fail to fire. That's especially dangerous during the heat of battle as you're just dumping in one after the other. A good plop on the head from one mortar to the other will fuck anyone up nearby.

Nowadays there are numerous safeties on the mortars that prevent this shit from happening, both on the shell itself as well as the gun.
>>
>>32382836
This is a good post. Thank you
>>
>>32382781
No one cares attention whore, thanks for contributing nothing.
>>
>>32382799
>>32382684
There were a few.
There was a Jagdpanther, the one with overlappimg roadwheels that ran over the German at the end;
There was a StuG IIIF, which got Bazooka'd; and there were a few halftracks, sdkfz 250 derivatives.
The American tanks were probably M4A1 Shermans- late gun mantlet, cast hull, 75mm main gun.
The whole scene was very well done, except for how the American tanks avted- the hatches were closed, they didn't stop to fire, normally the M2 wouldn't be manned, and they didn't cover eachother's movement. But for an infantry-focused scene, not bad at all.
>>
File: shorts2.jpg (77KB, 960x636px) Image search: [Google]
shorts2.jpg
77KB, 960x636px
>>32382606
Every time someone on /k cries about how important ear protection is I immediately think of the pussy in the foxhole.
>>
>>32385761
If you want to go deaf, don't protect your ears. You can't choose how ears react to damage, but you can reduce it exposure.

Talk to vets with severe tinnitus. Shit's no joke.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.