[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recovering Liberal here. I've always wanted, but never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: mag-04WMT-t_CA0-master1050.jpg (71KB, 1050x700px) Image search: [Google]
mag-04WMT-t_CA0-master1050.jpg
71KB, 1050x700px
Recovering Liberal here.

I've always wanted, but never could into guns. Today's "events" have convinced me to begin my journey. Where do I start if I'm super poor and have never fired a gun? What weapons in general should I have. I literally only have a switchblade so far and have no idea how to use it
>>
>>32379000
>Recovering Liberal

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>32379000
>super poor
Get not poor. Is a must.
>>
>>32379014
He means he is done being stupid around guns
>>
>>32379014
He means he's had a taste for the world outside his safe space and for the first time in his life he decided that he'd rather be a defendant than a victim.
>>
>>32379000
Try a bolt action .22 rifle.

While you're at it, buy a copy of this:

https://www.amazon.com/NRA-Step-Step-Guide-Safety/dp/1510714057/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1482197418&sr=1-2&keywords=nra
>>
File: 1478875721398.jpg (19KB, 572x481px) Image search: [Google]
1478875721398.jpg
19KB, 572x481px
>>32379000
Deal with it pussy.
>>
>>32379000
Where do you live and are there any ranges nearby? How much money are you comfortable spending on a firearm at this moment?
>>
>>32379044
I fucking hate Hillary and she is a huge reason I'm drifting away from liberalism. I did not vote for her. Try again.

>>32379040
Thank you

>>32379019
I literally don't know how. I'm 27 and have wasted my 20s with dead end jobs. IDK how to get a good job now and I feel like I JUSTed myself early on. Just keeping it real.
>>
>>32379000
Mossberg 500
>>
>>32379121

This. And if used, all the better.
>>
>>32379014
Liberalism is a mental illness. He is on the road to recovery.
>>
>>32379052

There are ranges nearby, i've considered going for a long time, but have no clue how they work or if I'd just get made fun of for even trying

For my first firearm, I would spend around $300-$400. It's the training that I think will be really expensive.

>>32379121

Shotguns are cool as fuck, but is that really an appropriate first firearm?
>>
>>32379090
Former Blue Dog Dem here: You're welcome.

And yes, a .22 rifle will suffice for self defense in a pinch.
>>
>>32379197
Go to a range, see if they offer classes. If not, go to a pawnshop and look for some shotguns on the wall. Remington 870s and Mossberg 500s used go for ~$200. Pick one up and youtube stance/shooting videos.
>>
>>32379160

American liberalism*
>>
>>32379090
Srs business, a good entry level job that makes decent money, and will be good for your resume is cable/satellite/vdsl installer. I did it for 4 years (at&t uverse) making $60k/yr, and parlayed it into getting a job making $100k/yr with less stress and less physical labor.

I was there too at your age. Hard work is the answer.
>>
>>32379219

I might do this soon.

I know it's a retarded question, but do they supply you with a gun and ammo at the range? is there a waiting period? Is there some test I have to pass to go to a range or take a class. I don't want to look like an idiot.
>>
>hickok45 here

Meet your long lost Grandpa
>>
>>32379000
The NRA has a site that can help- you can check it to find instructors and courses near you:
http://www.nrainstructors.org/
After you've taken some basic courses, you'll have a better feel for what works for you.

In the meantime, go and buy a cheap machete or baseball bat. It's better than nothing, and fairly easy to use. Just practice with slow swings at first, to get a feel for the reach, and to not hurt yourself in the process. If you're in an apartment, see how much room there is to move about and swing your bat/machete.

Will you be getting a CC license?
>>
>>32379297
Usually no you pay for ammo as well. Most ranges don't rent shotguns, only rifles and handguns, but I live in MI so it could be different in your state.
There is no waiting period, but you need a driver's license as ID, not a test but they will make you read and sign some rules, or watch an instructional video.
Read and memorize these rules. My mnemonic device is Alphas Never Kiss Butt.
http://thefiringline.com/Misc/safetyrules.html
You should probably ask them what guns they have to rent, and then do research on how they work like by watching a YouTube video.
Lastly, don't rush into guns, as a poor person rushing into something and making a stupid decision will fuck you up more than the average person. Do your research, watch shooting vids, ask around /k/, ask friends who own guns, etc. for at least a couple of weeks before buying your first gun.
>>
>>32379000
how poor are you? Theres usually a thread for poorfags ranging from borderline homeless teir to "im a cheap bastard" tier to "I have some money but dont want to buy custom" tier

it depends on what youre looking to do with it, your local laws, how much youre willing to spend and what youre comfortable with. Do some research first, narrow down what you want and come back
overall a .22 is a pretty base gun to start with, either rifle or pistol. then theres your basic revolver, 9mm pistol or AR
>>
>>32379000
Try a Ruger 10/22
>>
>>32379000
Pretty much every range(including pistol-only) allows .22LR rifles, and those would be good to start out renting. Prices vary by location, but generally a lane will be 20 bucks, renting a gun is 20 or more bucks, and .22 ammo should be cheaper than anything else. Other options other than 10/22s are Mossberg plinkster(also in bolt action), Marlin model 60, and Marlin 795(160ish bucks new), which is what I have. A 9mm carbine would be another good budget beginner choice but most of them(other than hipoint) are overpriced for what they are. Watch gun channels on youtube, flip through some gun magazines and catalogs(but beware of all the gimmicks) to get an idea of what's out there.
>>
Just stop being a pussy, and buy an sks.
>>
>>32379090
Skilled blue collar jobs anon!
Either go for some schooling or otj training,
To many of your special snowflake generation don't want to get their hands dirty.

.22 rifle or pistol to start. The Phoenix and heritage pistols are cheap but decent starter guns.
>>
Start saving money first. Its an expensive hobby with a high threshold to begin.

You'll spend $200 easily getting basic instruction and shooting your first few guns.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.