[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PMAG HATERS BTFO >Gen M3 PMAGS officially chosen as USMC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: magpul-pmag-gen-3.jpg (168KB, 610x421px) Image search: [Google]
magpul-pmag-gen-3.jpg
168KB, 610x421px
PMAG HATERS BTFO

>Gen M3 PMAGS officially chosen as USMC combat magazine

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/12/19/usmc-authorizes-gen-iii-pmag-for-m27/#comment-900184
>>
Didn't the Army ban PMAGs or something?
>>
>>32378860

It was a misunderstanding or something...according to the Army

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/06/07/army-now-says-no-ban-on-rifle-magazines.html
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
but muh glorious gi mags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu75yYtRkbg
>>
>>32378889

I do really love my Okay Industries/Colt GI mags, but there's no doubt they are far more fragile and prone to dents than a pmag.
>>
>>32378847
My Rifle takes GI mags and Pmags. Plus I was in the Marines as a Rifleman.

Walk away with your penis tucked. You killed a thread for this Garbage.
>>
>>32378880
I didn't understand why they did it so that seems logical, considering the soldiers preferred them over STANAGs
>>
>>32378902
I'm rocking the $30 scar mag meme lol. I have 5 that are doing just fine

Unlike my wallet

https://fnamericaestore.com/product/scar-16s-5-56-30-round-blk-mag/
>>
i wish my lower liked PMAGs, but for some reason they won't work at all, i don't know if my lower is out of spec, or my bolt catch is out of spec.

both M2 and M3, the bolt catch gets caught behind the follower and fucks everything up.
>>
>>32378860
Some PEO officer got too big for his britches and sent out a memo (ALARACT) to not use Pmags because they aren't listed in the technical manual for the M4. He was pretty much ignored and the whole thing was publically denounced after about a week.

Pmags are even unit issued in the Army via the unit supply system.
>>
>>32378847
Well the military treats their mags as disposable commodities, so that makes perfect sense.
>>
>MUHREEEENNNNS

Part of me hates this decision as more rampant cost cutting at the expense of durability and resiliency

But i guess mags are disposable afterall.

And the other part of me loves bakelite mags for some reason. And I've never had a metal p90 mag.
>>
File: dyed blue pmag.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
dyed blue pmag.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>32378847
I don't hate PMAGs, but I wish Magpul would release the Sand furniture so that I could finish my blue rifle.
>>
>>32378949
I also suffer from noboltholdopenpmagititus
>>
File: desiarm_101014085151.jpg (61KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
desiarm_101014085151.jpg
61KB, 650x488px
>>32378930
>oh, neat must be steel mags
>aluminum
This is a level of retarded jewing I didn't know existed
>>
=18 regular fucking gi mags
>>
>>32380448
$30 scar mag faggot
>>
>>32378847

Magazine issues are (possibly) the #1 root cause of AR malfunctions.

I've read a lot of stories about how beat to hell USMC GI magazines were/are, and how even mags marked as bad (Bent feed lips, broken spine, etc.) would find their way back into the supply chain somehow.

With polymer, broken is broken, and there's no bending it back into 'passable' shape and having it jam a gun 10 years later when some poor dude needs his weapon the most.

Better mags = More reliable weapons.
>>
lemme know if I got this straight
>old USGI mags cannot be ordered
>EPM mags are authorized for training
>PMAGs are authorized for everything
>>
>>32382015
Correct
>>
>>32378860
I remember that ALARACT.

We ignored it.
>>
>>32378889
I hate him
>won't fit in my FNC
Wasn't meant to
>Won't fit in my SCAR
Ok, that's a little retarded on Magpuls part, but they did fix it with the EMag and Gen3 PMags.
>Won't fit in my HK
Why did HK design their magwell retardedly? Again, fixed with EMag and Gen3 PMag.
>cutting toothbrushes in half to save weight
Oh holy fucking shit Alex, you sound like the fat loser from every gunshow in the early 2000s that claimed he was in MACV.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.