[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLK ReOxqBzU Should Police b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 15

File: 1482142062559.jpg (52KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
1482142062559.jpg
52KB, 640x352px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLKReOxqBzU
Should Police be allowed to carry long guns?
>>
Regular popo doesn't need them. Every police force has some equivalent of SWAT. So, some policemen carry them when needed.
>>
>>32373515
>mag dumps
>proceeds to slav squat
>>
>>32373515
Most cops in the states have a shoty riding shotgun or smg in the trunk i think

Cops dont really need rifles since they are made for long range engagments
>>
>>32373527
>>32373545
Ever heard of a little incident called North Hollywood?
>>
>>32373564
No. Not murrkan. Would like a short version in greentext though.
>>
>>32373572
Fuck you

Google you lazy fuck

Nobody spoonfeed this newfag.
>>
why the hell would anyone want to fire in auto at a long distance?

God I so fucking frustrated at this. He walks up, proceeds to shoot in auto with no cover at all. The guy obviously doesnt hit anything with what he is doing.
>>
>>32373572
Imagine new players playing the bank heist mission in the original Payday, but in real life.
>>
>>32373515
yes
>>
File: 316477hsouth-african-police.jpg (61KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
316477hsouth-african-police.jpg
61KB, 650x366px
>>32373515
Depends who/what/why

Im South African,

The cops in my sleepy upper-middle class suburb dont even wear body armor, most of their life is paperwork and settling petty disputes, the cop-shop closes at 11.

The cops 20min down the road, in a suburb that borders a pretty notorious informal settlement wear mil. spec body armor and carry carbines, like pic related.

Different areas, different duties, different equipment
>>
>>32373687
I presume stories of SA nowadays being completely fucked up are exaggerated.
>>
>>32373515
I already carry three long guns on duty in my patrol vehicle. I am issued a Benelli M2, select fire Colt LE690 and a select fire H&K MP5-40A5. All ACERT WSP's get equipped with the three olong guns, a ProTech APV Carrier with two Level IV E-SAPI body plates, two Level IV ESBI side plates and an Ops-Core Fast Sentry helmet - in addition to our concealable every day wear Level IIIA/KR2/SP2 vests and sidearms(Glock 31 or Glock 32).
>>
>>32373687

What this guy said.

Chechnya (where the OP video is from) is still quite the hotbed for islamic terrorism. Often armed with explosives and automatic weaponry. It would sense for Chechnyan cops to carry AK's while this wouldn't make sense for a cop in a quiet. rural area in a fly over state.
>>
File: 63487690.jpg (34KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
63487690.jpg
34KB, 500x667px
>>32373715
Aleppo?
>>
>>32373706

Not that guy, but SA is getting worse and worse. The good neighbourhoods are walled off. If you travel by car at night, and stop at a traffic light in a no-go zone, you are at risk of people (read: niggers) running up to your vehicle, shooting you and your family, dragging your bodies out of the car, and speeding off.

The ANC is systemically running the country into the ground, and the last and current president both have the IQ of a mongoloid. Zuma (the current) can literally not count beyond 999,999, because he never learnt about millions or billions.

The youth jobless rate is over 50% and the economy isn't creating enough jobs for all the blacks. There are riots every day, and important industries like the mining industry, are on constant strike.

SA is so bad that if you speak to blacks who remember apartheid, they say it was better.

t. newsfag and regular visitor to SA
>>
>>32373725

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO83b6wbKU4

Video. This nigger makes me so fucking mad, because he is as stupid as they come, and he blames whites for this entire mess while stuffing the pockets of his pants and his cronies with cash.
>>
>>32373720
South Carolina.
>>
>>32373732
wew
>>
>>32373741
Our department got serious after the Dallas and Baton Rogue LE shootings. All full-time and part-time SWAT officers are being equipped, this way, we are getting more offensive training and Patrol SUV's to carry all of it. There are 6 of us on full-time and 29 part-timers.
>>
File: GR1.jpg (65KB, 602x630px) Image search: [Google]
GR1.jpg
65KB, 602x630px
>>32373706
Depends where you are, it varies significantly... people one suburb over could be living in Iraq 2: Nigger Boogaloo, while you sit on your lawn and enjoy a braai with your front gate open.

South Africa has been hit late by a recession, so things are tougher than usual on the financial perspective, but things are improving in others.

>>32373725
this is greatly exaggerated

General crime rates are approaching pre-1994 levels.

Murder peaked at an all time record in 2015, but statistical analysis shows that if you remove 15 of the nations 400+ police precincts it nearly halves.

As for riots and strikes, bro its allways been like that. As long as the blacks do that shit in their parts of the country, its fine, no one cares.
>>
>>32373753
fair enough. I thought you were just a normal beat cop.
>>
>>32373767
Our patrol officers and detectives are all getting Colt LE6920's and cheaper plate carriers also for their active shooter kits. 21 kits for full-time Patrol. 18 kits for the Detective Division and 19 kits for the Reserve Patrol Officers.
>>
File: 1475724879333.png (123KB, 334x544px) Image search: [Google]
1475724879333.png
123KB, 334x544px
>>32373515
It's the train museum in the background isn't it?
>>
>>32373783
Looks like Colt is rollin in the champagne and truffles!
>>
>>32373762
>while you sit on your lawn and enjoy a braai with your front gate open.
>your front gate open.

Requiring personal walls is so normal over there, leaving to open for longer than 5 seconds is a luxury. wew
>>
>>32373515
Weird how it says "one day in russia" but it's obviously the Chechen capital
>>
>>32373806
Well, it's within the borders of what is called the Russian Federation, usually Russia for short.
>>
>>32373515

If they get trained to use the dam things why the hell not.

Besides cases where the criminals have body armor, or you need to shoot through a car you might also have Police in bum fuck nowhere facing off hill billies armed with hunting riffles and a lot of space.
>>
>>32373801
We order made a $175,000 order from them. Colt is providing us with 10 STANAG magazines and enough free extra parts to keep them running for 15 years. We are also ordering two LE901's and two .300 Win Mag Sako TRG-M10's to replace our old M24 for our SWAT Snipers and their spotters.
>>
>>32373527
>Regular popo doesn't need them. Every police force has some equivalent of SWAT. So, some policemen carry them when needed.

>>32373545
>Cops dont really need rifles since they are made for long range engagments

you fudds stuck in 1967?

north hollywood shootout?
miami FBI shootout?

9mm and 00 buck overpenetrates where 223 doesnt.

30 rounds as opposed to 5-8

we've already learned these lessons and you morons europoors just decide to drag your knuckles on into the fray?

nah, fuck off
>>
>>32373582
>why the hell would anyone want to fire in auto at a long distance?

>doesnt know that all longarms arent full auto

what are you even doing here?
>>
>>32373716
America is substantially bigger tgan your rainey little shithole, so the cop in the "quiet rural, flyover state" might be an hour away from back up when some whacknut decides to start popping off a 308 deer rifle at him.
>>
File: main.jpg (154KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
154KB, 600x400px
>>32373515
>Should Police be allowed to carry long guns?

Yes
>>
>>32373923
>Doesn't know that not all long arms are full auto.

Fixed that for ya. The way you wrote it means that there are no long guns that are full auto, and that's wrong.
>>
>>32373903
My department switched to .357 SIG sidearms as the major new requirement. We want to be to penetrate through vehicle windshields and vehicle bodies, that was a few years ago before we started handing out LE6920's to all Officers. The old .45 ACP JHP's duty rounds were just not doing a good enough job. It is one of the reasons why .40 S&W and .357 SIG are popular with LE agencies.
>>
>>32373720
What is a leppo ?
>>
>>32373972
noun

a person suffering from leprosy.
a person who is avoided or rejected by others for moral or social reasons
>>
>go to ucf
>one day there is a report of a female active shooter in the library via twitter
>building gets evacd
>overweight and slovenly upd shows up
>all of them carrying a mishmash of tacticool gear and slings on top of plate carriers with nothing in them
>they expertly clear the building
>no one there
>they go back to their cars to put their shit away
>one guy goes to put the lock through the trigger guard on his ar
>discharges it through the roof of his car
>at the press meeting the next day upd chief call it an accidental discharge and blames strict safety rules for this guys nd on campus

No they should have to prove they're competent enough to handle and store one then they can keep it in their car.
>>
>>32373821
Also putting down deer/livestock that live through vehicle collisions, rabid animals, or predators in suburban areas.

Cops around me carry iron sighted remington model 7 carbines in .338fed due to a black bear issue.
>>
>>32373965
you are correct, my bad
>>
>>32373515
What the hell are they speaking? Chechen?
>>
>>32373716

Actually cops all over Russia carry AKs. Think sort of like the unarmed - armed cops in britain. Except here the lesser type are armed with PMs, while the intervention guys are armed with ak AKSU.
>>
>>32374106
locked in vehicle rack is fine, trigger lock on a duty weapon is pants on head retarded and i garan-fucking-tee it was a pencil pushing, penny pinching, numale or woman admin who thought trigger locks would be a good idea
>>
File: 1477304089409.jpg (584KB, 990x569px) Image search: [Google]
1477304089409.jpg
584KB, 990x569px
>>
File: 1481806742549.jpg (20KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
1481806742549.jpg
20KB, 188x268px
>>32373515
Yes.
During the Moncton shooting the cops were stuck fighting someone with a rifle at longer ranges than their pistols could accurately hit. Needless to say they got their shit pushed in until ERT (Canadian SWAT) showed up

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Moncton_shootings
>>
>>32373576
just to piss you edgy motherfucker off

>>32373572
>the North Hollywood shootout, sometimes also called the Battle of North Hollywood, was an armed confrontation between two heavily armed and armored bank robbers and members of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) in the North Hollywood district of Los Angeles on February 28, 1997
>Both perpetrators were killed, twelve police officers and eight civilians were injured, and numerous vehicles and other property were damaged or destroyed by the nearly 2,000 rounds of ammunition fired by the robbers and police
>Standard issue sidearms carried by most local patrol officers at the time were 9 mm pistols or .38 Special revolvers; some patrol cars also were equipped with a 12-gauge shotgun
>Phillips and Mătăsăreanu carried illegally modified fully automatic Norinco Type 56 S-1s (an AK-47 variant), a Bushmaster XM15 Dissipator, and a HK-91 rifle with high capacity drum magazines as well as a Beretta 92FS pistol.
>The bank robbers wore heavy plate mostly homemade body armor which successfully protected them from handgun rounds and shotgun pellets fired by the responding patrolmen
>The incident sparked debate on the need for patrol officers to upgrade their firepower in preparation for similar situations in the future
>>
>>32373923
learn to write before you teach, dumbass
>>
>>32373515
yes - long guns are better for responding to active shooters. police with long guns in there squad cars are better able to protect by having them.
>>
File: 1467756666426.png (1MB, 634x802px) Image search: [Google]
1467756666426.png
1MB, 634x802px
>>32373515
This reminds me of a training exercise I once did where I was playing the enemy and I stood in an open field and full-auto mag dumped about 7 mags at the enemy.

Got (metaphorically) ass raped by the Sgt Major afterwards because apparently the safety officer was there to make sure the exercise was being executed safely.

Totally worth it.
>>
>>32373515
>tfw you fullauto slam the second half of your magazine 8 metres in front of you in the concrete

one should really be more afraid of some guy spitting controlled single shots at you. one of 3 incident like tgis these monkeys probably shoot on of their own guys. wouldnt wanna be the guy covereding behind the car rear in this vid
>>
File: 654544.jpg (90KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
654544.jpg
90KB, 960x720px
>>32374713
The issue I have with this example is that Borque ambushed 3/4 of the officers he shot. They had no chance even if they had access to a rifle.

One of the officers even tried to go hands on with him...not very smart. The RCMP had no clue how to deal with a guy with a rifle.

The interview after the fact is pretty interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXp5BJTMWZU
>>
File: andy.jpg (28KB, 460x307px) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
28KB, 460x307px
>>32373515
>Malls
>School Hallways
>Big Box stores
Just some of the examples of buildings with the potential of ranges up to 100 yards or more. That doesn't include outdoor potentials in parking lots, fields etc...

I think Police should try to appear as Andy Griffith as possible but they should also most definitely have a thin vest on and a long gun in the car.
>>
>>32380981
Oh, and no full auto. The police don't need full auto like in the OP. They should be allowed to have exactly what the citizens are allowed to have and vice versa.
>>
File: cdnpolice.jpg (143KB, 449x355px) Image search: [Google]
cdnpolice.jpg
143KB, 449x355px
>>32375626
lmao nigger do you think ~Active Shooter Situations~ are so common that cops should carry around long guns all day

cops probably shouldn't carry around long guns. they carry enough shit as it is, have enough of a problem not triggering people with their presence as it is. people would probably be put more on edge and be more provoked to violence if every traffic stop involved having an AR waved in their face.

it's also a lot of extra training that has both monetary costs and opportunity costs -- time spent on a range is the literal opposite of time spent in sensitivity training, and it's not time spent out being a cop
>>
>>32374646
how is it retarded? if these niggers are dumb enough to ND into their own cars on a college campus, they're probably dumb enough to use their rifles stupidly in other ways, and a trigger lock would at least make them wait long enough to get it out that they'd calm down enough to not just blast some random nigger because theyre having a bad day
>>
>>32373945
but that rarely ever happens, and if the other guy starts popping off shots first, the cop is going to die whether he has his own rifle or not

guns don't protect you from getting shot, just having a gun on you doesn't make you immune to other guns
>>
>>32381004
>They should be allowed to have exactly what the citizens are allowed to have and vice versa.

In that case, allow full auto.
>>
>giving police weapons at all
>>
>>32380981
>>32381004
I fully agree
>>
File: north hollywood.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
north hollywood.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>32373515
If criminals can carry long guns, police probably should too.
>>
>>32381197
>muh north hollywood
that happened literally once

you may as well force every commercial flight to have armed officers onboard just because 9/11 happene-- oh wait, that was actually a thing for a while because america is stupid.
>>
>>32381174
context?
>>
>>32381249
story I read was the cop was trying to pull over the biker. Biker never pulled over and is a new rider. Cop knocks biker off bike. Turns out he was deaf and didn't hear the sirens. Got a nice settlement from the police department.
>>
>>32381249
The biker savagely attacked that police car with his bike, as shown by the webm title.
>>
>>32378932
>pulled in
>not backing in
wew you can tell these guys were hungry. Enjoy leaving quickly when you get a hot call, dummies.
>>
>>32381202

>a while
Actually, there are still police in the air. Even pilots are armed a lot of the time from what I understand.

Why's it so bad to be prepared when copycat criminals exist? Mass shootings with AR15s are popular for a reason, dumbass.
>>
>>32378932
tim hortons is the shittiest meme, ive never met a fellow canadian who doesnt freely admit that everything they sell is complete trash unfit for human consumption
>>
>>32381172
Fuck that, make everyone in the PD go through the same background checks everyone else who wants a giggle-switched fun go through, make 'em pay the tax stamp, and wait for the PD to get their funs.
>>
>>32373515
Yes but only ones that a regular Joe can buy with no hassle. Cops should not be able to carry full auto unless average Joe can.
>>
>>32373732
Good to know I'm protected by at least one CopAnon.

Keep an eye out on LESO vehicle and other asset availability. MRAPs are free if your department pays shipping. APCs too. Just don't stupidly paint them black. I have no idea why cops do that given SC heat and humidity.,

http://www.dla.mil/DispositionServices/Offers/Reutilization/LawEnforcement/ProgramFAQs.aspx
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.