[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This might be really bad, but does anyone else feel way, way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: 123211.png (169KB, 328x318px) Image search: [Google]
123211.png
169KB, 328x318px
This might be really bad, but does anyone else feel way, way more confident now that they conceal carry? I feel safe at literally all times, now. I shoot my fucking gun at the range once a month, make sure I can hit everything with a quick draw, and that's that. I'm not scared of people fucking with me. I'm not scared of nigs nogging their way into my house. I carry it on my gun belt when i'm out of the house, and it sits on my table next to me when I'm home. I'm confident as I am, but this is like a fucking cheat code to life. My anxiety and shit has just gone away.
>>
Well, I'm a manlet with almost no strength or weight to leverage, so a gun does make me feel safer

If I'm not caught unawares I'm less likely to be instantly curbstomped and raped by a lone assailant

Must be how armed women feel
>>
File: 1452287560633.png (70KB, 2024x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1452287560633.png
70KB, 2024x1432px
>>32371823
You're treating your gun as a talisman. Guess what? You can have the most gucci Glock 19 kitted up to be a Roland Special in your even more gucci Raven AIWB rig and have a nice sub second draw from concealment, you're still able to die from that crackhead with a Jimenez .25
>>
File: Hard Boiled nigga.gif (3MB, 296x160px) Image search: [Google]
Hard Boiled nigga.gif
3MB, 296x160px
>>32371859
kek how small are you, anon?
>>
>>32371925
This.
>>
>>32371859
I'm not a manlet. A manlet can still stab you in the fucking neck. What difference does that make?
>>
>>32371925
Yup. Carrying a gun and training with it is good. Having enough situational awareness and luck to never have to use it is better. Remember if the other guy has a gun and the drop on you you're done if he wants you to be. Don't get over confident and put yourself in stupid situations just cause you're strapped.
>>
>>32371925

Dunning-Kruger effect was debunked years ago and has no actual validity.
>>
>>32372357
Literally all of psychology has been debunked recently. Just google "replication crisis".
>>
>>32372357

Source it.
>>
I live in the hood. Or, rather, just on the outskirts by about 2 blocks. I've had drive-bys on my block, and 6 murders last year in my neighborhood. It's not Chicago by any stretch, but it's the south side of a large city, and it's... enriched.

When I moved down here, I got my CCL. I fucking love it. I walk to and from the train knowing that I at least have a plan if things go south. A large group of melinated youths? Whatever. Just breeze by em. Drunk, fucked up old street bum follows me around asking for money? Tell him to take a hike, and he does. Walk by 'da barba shop' with 8 homeboys 'jus chillin' outside? Nod in their direction and keep my pace.

I walk my dog around, and I don't worry about their pit bulls getting out and ganging up on him. I had gushots go off a block away from me 2 weeks ago, and I just put my hand near it while I scanned for anything fucky going on.

I can take walks with my dog that I might have otherwise avoided. I take that alley, or the long trail behind the section 8 apartments.

And you know the funniest thing? I never get fucked with anymore. When I first moved here I'd get called 'white boy' a lot. Get people blocking my path or talking shit for no reason as I walked by. Now they just don't. I don't open carry, and nobody would know I was armed unless I accidentally printed one day in front of them.

My biggest fear now is actually having to use it, and being dragged through some legal bullshit. That or some melanated female escalating a situation and putting hands on me.
>>
>>32371823
well it certainly should make you feel safer but dont get cocky, gang bangers carry and so do criminals. and its still just a fucking handgun, not a high power rifle.

>>32372508
confidence goes a long way, crooks can see body language and are more brazen when they see you already are scared and unsure
>>
>>32372527

This, both.
>>
I think this is a myth that CCing will protect you from being robbed. If someone walks up to you on the street and pulls a gun on you, I seriously doubt anyone is going to try and beat them to the draw. More likely a person robbing you will walk up behind you and having a gun on you might actually make the situation a lot worse.
>>
File: dk.png (28KB, 458x405px) Image search: [Google]
dk.png
28KB, 458x405px
>>32371925
>dunning-kruger
I hate stupid graphs like this, which don't even have any units. It's not what they found at all.

Pic related is the result of one of the studies they did. There is no significant spike in confidence, it's pretty linear.
>>
>>32372585
this. when CCing you have to even be more situationally aware. which is good practice. robberies dont happen in a way you expect. it will be you walking down the street and a guy in an alley you didnt even notice will step out gun drawn already right in front of you as you pass the alley. its not going to be like you are browsing drinks in 7/11 and all of a sudden someon yells "THIS IS A HOLD UP EVERYONE COME TO THE FRONT AND PUT YOUR WALLETS HERE"
>>
>>32372602
that graph still shows people with the least experience think they are better than they are.
>bottom quartile thinkes they are in the 50% percentile. actually they are in the 10 percentile

>top quartile, the experts, actually perform better than they think they will do
>>
>>32372585
Yeah, a dude with a gun in my face is going to get the contents of my pockets or whatever bag I'm carrying. But if I find an opening and I'm 90% sure I can draw and finish it in 2 quick shots, I'll probably give it a try. It'd require a pretty dumb robber to leave me 2 free seconds to draw and shoot. But the act or removing a backpack puts my hands right down by my gun and a visual cover to sneak my pistol out and aim.

I'm less worried about muggings and more about a gang beating + robbery. Usually muggings in my area are two people who start by punching the victim from behind, trying to knock him out while the other rifles through his pockets. I witnessed one and scared the muggers off.

Black girls are also attacking old women and stealing their purses, but I doubt I'd fall victim to that. They have recently been throwing bleach in womens' faces and stealing their purses. I have no idea why they're using bleach.
>>
>>32372624
>They have recently been throwing bleach in womens' faces and stealing their purses. I have no idea why they're using bleach.
thats fucked up, bleach can permanently blind someone
>>
>>32372621
It merely shows that as achievement (or competence, if you'd like) increases, predictions of achievement become more in line with the results, up till the fourth quartile where they underestimate their performance.

There was no suggestion in the paper that stupid people think they're geniuses, and the results don't indicate this. Stupid people overestimate their ability, certainly, but they do not estimate their ability to be above that of smarter people. There are arguments suggesting that this effect is nothing more than regression to the mean, and not some unique phenomenon.

Though I'd still like to see sauce on this>>32372357
>>
>>32372585
Youre supposed to hide your gun and shoot them in the back when they turn. Then you run away and no one ever investigates because the mugger was probably some no name nog with no family.
>>
>>32372686
Then get assraped by the courts for shooting some nigger in the back

I'm not saying be a victim but that's a stupid idea, still less dumb than trying to draw on someone who has you at gunpoint however
>>
>>32372527

Exactly, you may not be a quickdraw champion with the gun but if your confidence and body language conveys that you (think) you are the thugs will pick up on it. Why take their chances with a guy who may just be a crack shot when they can wait for some chick in high heels, a skirt and a fat purse to walk by alone.
>>
>>32372861

You don't go calling the police after you shoot a mugger in the back in the hood, you grab your shit and run for it.

What's the mugger going to do, call the cops on you? What are the cops going to do when they start an investigation, suspect every person in the city? It was an encounter on the street between total strangers, you have no personal motive and if there's no video evidence like you shooting the guy right in front of CCTV and you have a reasonable alibi ("I was already home by then") then what?
>>
>>32373072
Still a stupid idea

If it comes back to you, you're fucked. All I'm saying is that if that ever reaches court, you have no chance.
>>
>>32373076
>you have no chance.

"It was dark, I was panicking, when he started turning around I thought he was reaching for a knife/gun/dildo and so drew and opened fire and then ran. Didn't go to the cops because I thought he was a gang member and I was afraid of gang retribution if the shooting went to court and my identity was revealed. I'm law-abiding, no prior convictions, do charity work etc etc."
>>
>>32372624
>>32372649
they throw bleach in an attempt to purposely blind someone
>be you
>get mugged
>have bleach splashed in your face
>go full blind
>can't ID FeBre'eze in a lineup because lol bind
>nignog has a higher chance of walking free
>>
>>32372686
shots in the back are an easy win for a defense attorney, especially if Tyrone survives and can give a contrary statement. in some cases, castle law/stand your ground doesn't apply if the perp is retreating or you are away from your home/car
>>
>>32372357
It can have some validity, but is by no means absolute. That graph is only for visualization.
>>
>>32371986
Realistically, they might get your kneecaps.
>>
>>32372508
Good for you anon.

Remember, bad guys like gang bangers are not afraid of a gun. They are afraid of an armed individual that's willing to use said gun.

Confident body language is good. But situational awareness is better.
>>
>>32371823
that's a delusion anon. your guns will not save you from everything it only raises the bar a little to what will kill you.

2-3 attackers armed with guns (or one wearing a vest) will kill you and fuck your corps like nothing.
>>
File: 1471778702992.webm (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471778702992.webm
2MB, 480x480px
>>32372585
Always remember this little trick
>>
>>32373125
jesus fuck i'm a big guy not usually scared of anyone, but god damn!
>>
>>32373371
surreal

the guy trying to rob him in that situation

his trick

fucking surreal
>>
>>32373371

What am I looking at here, guy got stabbed in the eye?
>>
>>32373146
With no cameras and no witnesses, how are they supposed to ever find out who you are?

This isn't CSI, they can't zoom in on a hubcap to find a reflection of your face, or trace the mangled remains of the bullet back to your pistol.
>>
>>32373392
and he still almost got shot
>>
>>32373371
>uses chick as human shield
Kek
>>
>>32373396
>guy attempts to rob undercover police/armed citizen with a gun
>citizen bends down as robber is taking his necklace/headphones
>citizen backs up out of sight behind another person
>draws, shoots

pretty simple.
>>
>>32373427
more like used her as a blind
but the dindu still managed to point his gun at him a second time
lucky
>>
>>32373371

Impressed how the dindu has his gun just out there, at least 3 people see and nobody screams or anything.
>>
>>32373443
they are used to it
>>
>>32373098
Never say this. If you shoot somebody in the back after an armed robbery and police come knocking, do not admit to anything. If they come knocking to arrest you as a suspect, do not say anything. If they ask for a statement, do not say anything. Talk to a lawyer. Submit your statement through them.
>>
>>32373098
Conjecture

No way to know if that would hold up in court. But this is entirely hypothetical so I won't argue with you anymore.

I dun reckon it'd fly
>>
>>32373443
das raycist

coming from an ausfag, if I see someone enter a store with a gun, I'm getting the fuck out of there. White or black, nty
>>
>>32373496

Castle doctrine usually worded as "if you feel your life is under threat", not "if your life is objectively under threat as determined by expert witnesses".

Wear your nerdiest clothing, act like a FUDD coward during legal hearings.
>>
>>32373506

Most importantly, listen to your lawyer.
>>
>>32373443

The people were obviously waiting quite a bit in line, no way they were giving their spots up just because the guy next to them is being held at gunpoint.
>>
>>32373506
I thought castle doctrine only applied in your own home

not an amerifat
>>
>>32373506
>>32373534
I think Stand Your Ground is what he's implying here, which I think he is correct in that you only need to prove that you were in fear for your life.

Now if only they could add that law that makes it so you can't be civilly pursued if you were legally acquitted.
>>
>>32371992
This. I probably would only ever use my gun in an HD or mugging setting. If I'm at a bank being robbed and the other guys aren't actively shooting, then I'm laying down and waiting it out like everyone else. The robbers are going to be looking for anyone shifting stance, drawing, etc, and that's only going to escalate the situation. I'll defend myself and others if fired on, but otherwise I prefer to keep my carry concealed until absolutely necessary.
>>
>>32371823
the best thing to accompany ccing is a life time commitment to pacifism, deescalation, and politness.

>hell you might even make the world a better place.
>>
>>32373489
Pretty much this. It is the police's job to arrest you and gather as much evidence as possible against you before they deliver you to court. There is literally nothing to be gained by talking to them, and everything to be lost. They are not your friends, and they can make you no deals. It continues to amaze me that people still don't grasp this, though I suppose media portrayal of cops is a pretty big culprit.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.