[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yesterday my friend took me shooting for the first time and had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 10472262.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10472262.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
Yesterday my friend took me shooting for the first time and had me shoot an IDPA event. He let me borrow his Springfield XD 9mm. I enjoyed it a lot and am looking to buy the same gun so I can go to more of these IDPA events. I was just wondering is this a good gun and is it good for using for these events? If not what would you guys suggest?
>>
You didn't look to see what anyone else was shooting at the event?

...or are you trying to troll someting?
>>
>>32369235

I like the look and functionality of the XDs but I hate that grip safety.
>>
>>32369235
If your eyes liked it and your hands liked it, it's the right gun for you, yes. Ergonomics uber alles.
>>
>>32369235
Yes the XD is fine for IDPA and it's used by many shooters.
>>
>>32369343
I was placed in with a group of other beginners. I don't my guns that well but, one guy was shooting what looked to be a .45 cal 1911 style gun. The other two were shooting .40 cal not sure what guns and the last guy was shooting a 9mm glock.
>>
>>32369372
What's terrible about the grip safety though? I have 2 XDs and it's no different than a 1911 grip safety other than you can't manipulate the slide if it's not depressed. Which of course there's not an easy way to do so unless you are gripping the grip safety.
>>
>>32369235
Glock 34

Also, do yourself a favor and do USPSA it is more fun
>>
>>32369475
Alright I'll look into both of those. Thanks for the suggestions. I think they hold the USPSA events at the range I went to on a different night. So maybe I can possible participate in both
>>
>>32369235
>Good
XD's are good guns. I like mine. Just prepare for idiots posting memes such as
>croat shit
>GRIPZONE
>XDDDD!!11!!!!1!!! Now go back to plebbit
That's just a sampling. You can even see the idiocy in action right here >>32369343

>Good for these events
Fuck if I know. I don't have the time or money to do competitive shooting.

>What do you suggest
Shoot more guns. Especially if you decide to start competitive shooting. Having a gun you are comfortable with will be important. Find out what you like and then buy that. If it's a XD series then great, if it isn't then that is also great.
>>
>>32369594
Thanks for your input. The XD was comfortable to shoot. At the same time that's the only gun I've ever shot so I have nothing to compare it too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.