[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've noticed a lot outside of the US the police/military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: 264184.jpg (140KB, 1350x1350px) Image search: [Google]
264184.jpg
140KB, 1350x1350px
I've noticed a lot outside of the US the police/military have their handguns attached to cables.

Why do they do this?

It seems like only more to go wrong.

Like getting the cable wrapped around your neck or your trigger finger in a dispute.
>>
>>32366633
It's so the pistol doesn't bounce down the hall when it slips from your greasy fingers.
>>
>>32366633
I've never seen this actually in use here in Florida.
>>
>>32366648
We don't do this in the US you illiterate fuck

>>32366656
Can no one read?

OUTSIDE THE US
>>
I daily drive a motorcycle so I also keep mine on a lanyard.
>>
>>32366633
Never seen it outside of my Chinese cartoons, but it's done so nobody can just steal the gun.
>>
>>32366662
Where did I imply it was in the US? A lanyard is a pistol retention device so you don't lose it getting in and out of a vehicle, climbing a ladder, getting blown in the air, falling, dropping your pants to get a train run on you. Super simple stuff.
>>
>>32366633
It's just like the other American fashion of wallet chains, they use it their to look tacticool
>>
>>32366633
For retention.

It is done very commonly in the US military and police, so I don't know where you are getting the idea it's a "foreign" practice.
>>
>>32366701
Wallet chains are a very effective thrift deterrent device. One look at the chain and pickpockets know there's no money in that wallet.
>>
>>32366672
Gotta pic of setup and bike?
>>
>>32366729
I've never seen it in the US once, Not in the military and not in civilian officers
>>
File: m9-us-army.jpg (203KB, 700x468px) Image search: [Google]
m9-us-army.jpg
203KB, 700x468px
>>32366748
Then you haven't been looking close enough. It is very common. Many military units require a retention lanyard to be attached as part of SOP, and many police departments have similar regs.

There are a lot of lanyard styles, some of which use a very thin cord that retracts into a lanyard box, making them hard to notice. There are also the old style "telephone cables" which are still is pretty wide use.
>>
>>32366801
So It's only for retention?
>>
>>32366817
No, it adds a +10 to accuracy. The fuck you think its for?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanyard
>>
Wow yet another bottom of the barrel dimwit thread.
>>
File: afafawdad.jpg (347KB, 1502x591px) Image search: [Google]
afafawdad.jpg
347KB, 1502x591px
>>32366742
My stuff laid flat so you can see where it loops to.
>>
>>32366817
Mostly. In RIP you tied literally everything to your body in some way with 550 cord so that when you're functioning on an instinctual level, you can still find shit. Also, so if some asshole tries to steal your weapon, they at least have to drag you along.

It's common for extended combat ops because when you're on day six and only have 10 hours of sleep total, you're operating at a mental level somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd grader range where you can drop something important, look at it, and still not register that you need to pick it up. If it's tied to you, this isn't a problem.
>>
>>32366860
>no suspenders

0/10
>>
>>32366902
Or if it falls out of a helicopter or some shit.

I've seen an M240 just fall the fuck out of a helicopter because it wasn't secured in the mount, that niigga was gone. Imagine being the dumbass that has a pistol fly out of your holster and out the door of a Blackhawk or something.
>>
>>32366940
That'd make some kids day.
>little Johnny fucking around in the woods
>stumbles on a crater
>beam of light shining on an M9 sticking out of the dirt
>>
>>32366730
Hahhahhahaha. Fucking this!
>>
File: 392286277d9bf76d9141023ea7.jpg (33KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
392286277d9bf76d9141023ea7.jpg
33KB, 500x342px
>>32366801
Sometimes you can also use chain as lanyard
>>
It's clearly a recharging cable.
>>
>>32367172
>>
>>32367172
>>
>>32366633
Special forces do it too
>>
>>32366633
I was k9. In Iraq we had our side arms attached to a lanyard. It doesn't get in the way.
>>
>>32366748
Have you actually interacted with military outside of watching war movies? The Military constantly uses lanyards and cords to keep the pistol attached to the body someway. We even dummy cord things like NVGs to ourselves.
>>
>>32366860
Neat
>>
>>32367448
No, But I have seen FMJ 3 or 4 times. So I'm kind of an expert
>>
>>32366633
Its kind of up to personal preference.
Wasn't in a military setting strictly speaking but my boss hated them and was a bit of a cunt so he would go around to all the fucks that had them and would cut them with a pair of scissors when the dudes weren't looking and just have them walk around all day with the lanyard dangling down.
>>
>>32366633
Because they're not competent and often lose their guns, or drag them through the mud.

https://youtu.be/02Itsnolv0o?t=13m11s
>>
File: Handigat.png (2MB, 1216x867px) Image search: [Google]
Handigat.png
2MB, 1216x867px
>>32366860
>320
Mah nigga.
>>
>>32366860
small of the back carry, on a bike, no retention on the holster. You think a lanyard is really a good idea. You drop that bike and land on your back, you'll be in a world of hurt with a broken Sacral or Coccyx.
>>
>>32367581
Lol, fucking with other peoples' gear is hilarious.
>>
>>32367947
Dont even need the lanyard desu, it's just peace of mind in the extremely unlikely scenario that it manages to magically shoot up 5 inches overcoming all that friction, and at a perfect angle out of the holster.

If I land squarely on where the gun is holstered, which is pretty unlikely, I'm fucked either way. Everywhere else on my backside has plenty of CE armor which comes out enough to make it fairly unlikely that I'll land squarely on the holster.
>>
>>32367990
Another one thats unrelated. We had this one dude, Jim we'll call him, that was always falling asleep. My boss was getting sick of it for obvious reasons and knew I was a fan of the lanyard cutting/pranks in general so he decided to grab me one day when Jim fell asleep. We quietly when through the open doorway and my boss walked up to jim, unclipped the shoulder buckles on his pc, then had me tip this 2x4 over on to the ground to make a loud clap. Jim sprung up from his seat, his pc slipped down his torso like clockwork and i guess since he was startled and his balance was upset fell flat on his face. Jim didnt fall asleep much from then on out.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.