[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently won a standard Russian SKS off gunbroker in excellent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 59-66M89-On2R.jpg (109KB, 908x342px) Image search: [Google]
59-66M89-On2R.jpg
109KB, 908x342px
Recently won a standard Russian SKS off gunbroker in excellent condition. Is there any kind of tension mount that exists that won't damage the gun so I can mount a PU scope on it? I really don't want to drill into the gun but I'd like a scope on it if possible
>>
>>32366612
JB Weld and semen. Or you can drill and tap it like a normal human being.
>>
File: pix786351098.jpg (43KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
pix786351098.jpg
43KB, 640x426px
>>32366619
Like I said I want something that won't damage it.

Pic related
>>
>>32366612
Those are Yugos, my guy
Regardless, the SKS doesn't really have much in terms of solid platforms to put optics on. I've seen aftermarket dust-covers and gas blocks with scope mounts on them but those tend to not be steady enough to hold a zero worth a shit.

>>32366667
If that's what you've won in pic related, just learn to shoot with the irons because that'd be a real shame to drill holes into that beauty
There is a better aftermarket front sight post I saw in another SKS thread if you just don't like the fat front sight
>>
>>32366667
Then shoot with irons. Invest your time and money into scoping something else.
>>
>>32366767
This
The 7.62x39 is a battle round made to hit hard and feed quickly, not to be exceptionally accurate
There's lots of other modern semi-autos available that are chambered in better rounds for long-distance shooting
>>
Yes the second pic posted is the gun that was won. The first pic was just SKS one with PU scope mounted. Only asking because I wanted to maybe take it deer hunting and wanted a longer range shot.

Iron sights it is I guess
>>
>>32366838
If your bore is good and you sight the rifle in properly, you'll be able to hit what you need to at 100 yards freehanded. Even further if you bring some kind of rest
If I could make a recommendation, these front sights are cheap and far better than the standard ones
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1323222756/kns-front-sight-ak-47-sks-ball-post-steel-black
>>
File: 000_0542.jpg (744KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
000_0542.jpg
744KB, 1920x1280px
>>32366887
just buy a chink or yugo sks that already has the mount. i believe there is a chink one on gunbroker for sale right now.
>>
You could try the S&K mounts, not sure how they are on SKS but it works great on my garand
>>
>>32366612
Was it the Tula one with an Izzy cover?

I thought about bidding on it when it opened super low.
>>
there are pic rails or weaver mounts that replace the irons, they are the least destructive ive seen. downside is you probably wont be able to load with strippers if you want anything bigger than like an aimpoint h1. a small 3x or 4x prism sight might work though
>>
>>32369296
>irons
rear sight leaf, specifically.
>>
http://scoutscopes.com/t/sks-systems
>>
Brassstacker scope mounts are probably what you want op. It replaces the cross bolt in the stock and you can still use irons. You would have to go with a long eye relief scope but it's unfortunately not a super scopeable platform without modifying the gun perminantly in some way shape or form.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.