[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to aks. . What's a quality ak rifle I can buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1021.jpg (188KB, 1024x494px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1021.jpg
188KB, 1024x494px
I'm new to aks. . What's a quality ak rifle I can buy for less than $700
>>
>>32363631
WASR

Now get out
>>
>>32363631
Wasr is really the option for an ak at any pricepoint nowadays unless you want to hunt down a norinco,but i havent seen one for months.
>>
>>32363631
Nothing. You'll be lucky to find garbage at that price point. AKs are no longer cheap. If you want cheap, get a AR. Otherwise, just drop $1000 on a Arsenal or a converted VEPR.
>>
File: WASR-1063 Upgrades.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WASR-1063 Upgrades.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
WASR is adequate, but not amazing.
They come with cheap wood furniture, pic related is one with synthetic furniture and an adjustable stock.

Avoid the RAS47 like the plague.
>>
How soon can we expect the prices to come down when Trump takes over
>>
>>32363631
Presuming you're from anywhere in the civilized world, you cannot buy an AK proper. The best you can manage is a gimped, semi-auto replica. If you're from the USA, you cannot even get an original receiver cause <bullshit> and it has to be hurr durr made in the USA and will be overcharged because (for reasons unknown to me) milled.
>>
>>32363631
NPAP can still be found for like 650. That's it.
>>
>>32363993
You're talking a lot of shit here.
>>
>>32363631
wait 6 months and you'll be able to buy the real deal for 500
>>
>>32364009
I am talking fact, son.
>>
>>32363983
Never. The only thing that might change is Arsenal will go back to the SGL series, for around $1200.
>>
>>32363993
>He said ak, so he meant full auto
>Ak isn't a generic term referencing converts and milled
>>
>>32364087
>>Ak isn't a generic term referencing converts and milled
Correct. Those are referred to as toys.
>>
>>32364085
The fuck makes you say that? The prices of all guns will be coming down soon.

You fucking retards absolutely have no idea what your talking about. Trump is bringing a big change
>>
>>32364091
Nigger, who cares, it's a self-loading rifle based on Kalashnikov's design, Avtomat Kalashnikova - Kalashnikov's Automat, it's a slang used as a catchall for all rifles derived from it, be it based on old milled Type III rifles, AKM rifles, or AK74 rifles.

You don't need to impress us with your knowledge. If you're selling a Zastava, and someone asks "what kind of AK is it?", are you going to fucking reply "It's not an AK" ?
>>
>>32364123
>how soon will this thing happen
>it won't
>REEE FUCKING RETARD YOU KNOW NOTHING
no u
>>
Interarms
>>
>>32364164
Prices will come down, that's a fact. I'm not sure how soon but I know they will
>>
>>32363993

Sounds like you're salty that the only weapons you can own are dull spoons
>>
>>32363993
Really wish it was harder to identify the britcuck posts. By this logic anything that isn't select fire isn't a real firearm.
Get a load of this retard.
>>
I'd have to say there is no quality AK rifle you can get for 700 dollars. You used to be able to get WASRs for 250, but those days are past now. The low cost of ARs has driven up the cost of AKs. I would have to suggest saving up another 400 bucks and buying an arsenal. Mikhail Kalishnikov himself stated that the bulgarians make the best AKs. The other I would suggest would be a Polish Beryl if you can track it down.
>>
OP, i'm so sorry. I forgot about the PAP. Look into it.
https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/ak47-yugo-zastava-n-pap-fixed-wood-stock-detail.html?Itemid=0
>>
>>32364222
> The low cost of ARs has driven up the cost of AKs.
Surely it's not the import restrictions...
Surely.

The option for cheap ars has always been there; people were and are still just too dumb to realize all they have to do is put the parts together.
>>
>>32364190
>before prices go up, guns are selling like hotcakes
>prices go up, guns are still selling like hotcakes
>hey guys, lets lower our prices so we can make less money
>good idea!!!!!!!

yeah, that's going to happen.
>>
>>32364200
Having flags would greatly increase the quality of the board. You'd know immediately whose terrible opinions you could ignore and/or who lacks any kind of IRL experience with firearms.
>>
>>32364200
Unlike a faggy ass faggot like yourself, I served in a military that uses AKs as primary infantry weapons. Now, with me being a realist, I know that doesn't measure up to the rambo wannabee ITG such as yourself so I'll quickly sum it up. I dragged around a full-auto firearm for the better part of the year, You haven't. Take from that what you will you fat faggot aspie neckbeard who likes to pretend to be tough on the internet but gets moist every time he encounters a real man.
>>
https://www.classicfirearms.com/romanian-ak-7-62-x-39semiautowasr-10

don't listen to these nerds, WASRs are still easy to get and pretty cheap. just avoid American shit.
>>
>>32364272
Jesus christ man could you be any edgier. He's talking about civilian rifles in the US with no nfa payment or stamps across a civilian market. Your opinion here is literally retarded.

Where did I act tough. You are the one acting like a huge faggot right now. Please stop, and leave.
>>
>>32364272
Check out this south american flashing his hardcore hue
>>
>>32364272
>your semi autos are shitty my dude toys
>no it isn't
>HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT SHIT TO ME OVER THE INTERNET I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW I HAVE 300 CONFIRMED KILLS WITH REAL FULL AUTO AK
easy there tough guy no one asked about your cervix
>>
>>32364307
>>32364313
>>32364319
Enjoy your semi-auto toys made from discarded russian parts and HURRD DURR HOMEMADE RED BLOODED MURRKAN PARTS dude.
>>
>>32364272
Nobody asked about your cervix you third world cunt
Also how does having used a full auto AK justify your objectively wrong viewpoint that commerical AKs somehow aren't AKs because they're semi auto only
>>
>>32364123
Are you mentally retarded? Wow.
>>
>>32364350
I don't get it. I have a romanian ak and I'm pretty sure it's better built than whatever you were issued in your conscription. What made you so mad anon. I thought drinking on sundays was illegal in your country.
>>
>>32364351
>usa
>not a third world shithole
>>
>>32363631
Amd 65
>>
>>32364351
>commerical AKs somehow aren't AKs because they're semi auto only

Yes. That's the whole bloody point. Same way as AR-15 is a gimped M16. I'm not shitting on anyone's ability to get a gimped version, I just state that it isn't the real deal and that anyone non-insane will recognize it and not pretend to be hurr durr elite operator..
>>
>>32364371
Nice job assuming my nationality

>Everyone who disagrees with me is American
>>
>>32364371
... is this a 'pick one' post?
>>32364398
.... But an ak receiver made on a machine that makes military standard aks; using the same parts as milspec aks minus a third pivot hole and full auto trigger group .... IS an actual ak. Minus the full auto. I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about anon.

If you drop an autosear into an ar15 does it suddenly become an m16? Do you even know the difference?
Do you have any idea how many different models of 'm16' there are from different companies?
>>
>>32364398
Yeah, everyone agrees they're not as good as real military ones. But that doesn't mean they're not real AKs, they're still based on the Kalashnikov design. Thats like saying Turk Mausers arent actual Mausers because they're not as good as the German ones.
Also that first point wasn't even true. The AR-15 came about before the M16. One of the main reasons the AR was adopted was because of a general (can't be fucked to find his name right now, watch the Tales of the Gun episode on the M16) who fired one at a picnic.
>>
>>32364419
>But an ak receiver made on a machine that makes military standard aks; using the same parts as milspec aks minus a third pivot hole and full auto trigger group .... IS an actual ak
It isn't. That's the whole fucking point. No full-auto = not assault rifle. Same logic you use to laugh at libtards sperging about the AR platform. You cannot have it both ways, same as they cannot do it either. Unless you feel that your cherry-picking is superior to theirs
>>
>>32364398
>Same way as AR-15 is a gimped M16
Got that a bit backwards, M16 is the US Military designation for a select-fire AR-15 to their specs, it was always called an AR-15, the Armalite Rifle 15, Armalite sold the rights to the design to Colt (who still hold the trademark rights to "AR15" as a name).

For comparison, the AR-18 is the select-fire rifle, while the AR-180 was the semi-auto only variant.
>>
>>32364504
>No full-auto = not assault rifle
That's besides the point entirely.

The AR-15 was made both as a semi-automatic rifle and a select-fire rifle, an AR-15 can be just as much a regular rifle as it can be an assault rifle.

If I take a genuine Izhevsk AKMS and put in a block or change the sear to make it semi-auto only, sure, it's not an assault rifle by definition anymore, as it can't fire in full-auto, but it doesn't stop being an AKMS, made in Izhevsk.
>>
>>32364504
So a car that doesn't have 4wheel isnt a car?...
You're the one applying the idea that a rifle is only a rifle if it's select fire. You sound so fucking stupid right now. Seriously where are you from and were you conscripted lol
>>
>>32364123
What the fuck is he going to change?
>Hurrrr impert banz!
Yeah, so saigas and SGLs like I said. That's the most he's going to do and even that isn't a guarantee.
>>
>>32364558
>So a car that doesn't have 4wheel isnt a car?...
Correct. 3 wheels is a motorized tricycle.

AK is an assault rifle. Semi-auto version of anything isn't an assault rifle.
>>
>>32364190
>I don't know how something works but I'm not the retard, you are!
>>
>>32364785
He means four-wheel drive you fucking autist.
>>
>>32364785
Who said anything about it being an assault rifle. You're the only one who has been using that term.

>I'm new to aks. . What's a quality ak rifle I can buy for less than $700
>sperg out about how aks arent assault rifles
Wow look at you and all your stupid. Way to make a huge asshat of yourself.
Seriously what south american shithole are you from.
>>
>>32364865
AKs are assault rifles. What you faggots buy branded as AK aren't. You're just little boys pretending to be men.
>>
>>32364903
God damn I can't wait till winter break is over.
>>
>>32364903
wow dude the edge. What country were you conscripted by.

Just because civilian aks are semi auto doesn't make them not aks lol you are making yourself look so stupid
>>
>>32364926
Yeah, We'll get rid of your kind

>>32364937
>edge
Look in the mirror lately?

Both of you, please continue. I enjoy your autistic screeching.
>>
>>32364961
>Says the 16 year old.
>>
File: disbelief.png (934KB, 800x787px) Image search: [Google]
disbelief.png
934KB, 800x787px
>>32364903
>>
>>32364961
>claims other anons are being edgy
>'Yeah, We'll get rid of your kind'
OH MY GOD LOL this is quality shitposting.

You're the one being a moron by making empty claims about things you have no idea about. Enjoy your south american shithole country, forced conscription; and inability to not act like a retard even in the most basic of conversations.
>>
>>32364987
If he was brazilian he'd have already been shot for acting like a nigger. I'm guessing colombia?
>>
>>32364970
>>32364977
>>32364987
>>32364994
>>32364994
>screech
>my semi-auto replica made from mismatched parts is teh real thing
>screech
>>
>>32365017
>replica from mismatched parts
Are you literally retarded? If this hasn't been a long troll then holy shit
>>
>>32365017
Stronk 3rd worlder use only REAL kalashnikov to protect fat wife
>>
>>32365032
>>32365039
>screech
>>
>>32365017
>Saiga made from the exact same parts (barring a couple) and in the exact same factory as real AKM, AK74 and AK 100 series rifles
>mismatched parts
>>
>>32365058
>>32365017
this anon is literally retarded and has no understanding of how this works.
It's over everybody go home; he's just retarded.

God what a fucking moron lol
>>
>>32365064
>barring a couple
Ahem!
>screech

>>32365081
>screech
>>
>>32365111
I think he meant the fact that it has a different rear sight leaf and stock. Or I guess that was too much for you to understand.

You are aware that romania russia hungaria and a variety of other ak producers use the same machines and parts for semi auto civilian aks as they do for their military rifles right? The only country who has ever done that was china for a very short period of time.

You're the only one here screeching about muh assault rifle muh conscription muh tru aykay
>>
>>32365137
>screech
>>
Now the anon has revealed his true form, with no argument but memetext implications and MUH CERVIX
So how about them AKs? I heard wasr used to be shit but it's not the case anymore? Are they worth $700 in the current market?
>>
I grabbed an NHM 90 for $650 OTD a few months ago, probably 3 weeks prior to the election.
>>
>>32365214
>screech
>>
>>32364903
You probably can't even own a gun outside the military you literal autist.
>>
>>32363983
>Trunp
>deregulating foreign trade
How did you make this jump in logic? If anything he'd want 100% American made AKs in the US AK market. Enjoy your higher prices and poor quality.
>>
>>32365256
>screech, manchild
>>
File: wasr10_scopemount.png (273KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wasr10_scopemount.png
273KB, 480x360px
>>32365214
Old WASRs from the 2000's were pretty shoddy, bad riveting, flaking finish, canted sights, loose magwells, etc.

They were retooled around 2009 or so, and how you can tell them apart is that the new rifles will feature the Russian style of scope mount on the left side of the receiver, whereas an old WASR will not have this scope mount (on top of having a magwell looser than Hillary's vagoo)

They're not fantastic rifles, but they became adequate at this time, no more canted sights, no more shitty riveting, no more loose and wobbly magwells.
The import restrictions saw them creep up in price a bit I think, as I remember them going for like $500 or so, maybe less.

For what you pay for, I think it's ok, but arguably, a Serbian made rifle will be nicer quality, at the tradeoff that they're not compatible with regular AK furniture.
>>
>>32363631
I got a M&m m10 for $700. Admittedly that was a couple years ago and I'm not sure what the price range is now, but check out some gun auction website; deals can be found if you look long enough.
>>
>>32364256

Demand will fall since there's less people panic buying to fight clinton or some shit, but I agree that they'll still be similar MSRP
>>
I just wanted to know if I could get an AK. I didn't ask for this.

Why should I avoid the RAS47?
>>
>>32365432
Demand for AKs is already low. Why buy one when I can have a AR for half the price, with cheaper ammo and better aftermarket?

The current age we live in is one where the AR is the cheap, common rifle and everything else is $1000+ hipster guns who just wanna be different (or collectors).
>>
>>32363983
He may remove obamas sanctions on saigas which are quality rifles for like $700
>>
>>32365613
Well I chose to try and find an AK because I feel like I'd mess up my AR by not cleaning it properly/enough
>>
>>32365595
They destroy themselves after a couple thousand rounds
>>
>>32365745
That's fuddlore.
>>
File: zastava-223-ak.jpg (123KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
zastava-223-ak.jpg
123KB, 1000x540px
>>32365595
>shit build quality all around and inconsistent QC
>sights chip themselves (not at very high roundcounts either)
>stock cracks
>trunnion is a cast piece, known to have exploded on a couple of rifles
>horrible, HORRIBLE peening on the bolt on some rifles

Basically you pay WASR prices for something that's even worse than an old WASR, even a C39v2 is better. Get a WASR or Yugo rifle instead.
>>
File: gas expansion.gif (144KB, 1072x268px) Image search: [Google]
gas expansion.gif
144KB, 1072x268px
>>32365745
>I feel like I'd mess up my AR by not cleaning it properly
The worst fouling in an AR gets inside the bolt-carrier, in a space which is meant to handle really obscene amounts of fouling.

You don't even really need to clean an AR, it will keep cycling just fine, if it bothers you, just take out the BCG every now and then (maybe every couple thousand rounds or so) and give it and the receiver a couple of squirts of CLP then wipe it down with a rag, an AR can run nearly forever on some lube.

You could also get a BCG plated in Nickel Boron, which is SUPER easy to clean.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.