[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you guys had any field experience with the Sprin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: 7192-DEFAULT-l.jpg (100KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
7192-DEFAULT-l.jpg
100KB, 1000x1000px
Have any of you guys had any field experience with the Springfield XD9? A good gun for it's price, it competes with the M&P Shield 9mm? I've been trying to get a cheap handgun for HD and CCW. Is it any good?

Here's a dabbing peanut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sfqknf6Pus
>>
File: 1475073372675.jpg (435KB, 1187x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1475073372675.jpg
435KB, 1187x1024px
>>32362890
>Have any of you guys had any field experience with the Springfield XD9?

Nobody has
>>
File: 1399527302521.jpg (77KB, 794x675px) Image search: [Google]
1399527302521.jpg
77KB, 794x675px
>>32362890

Do you have a budget?

Get a Glock!

Barry on Iraqveteran8888 said it was a very good gun, it's really just preference. #ripbarry

If you want to rely on a safety button, go Shield. The XDs has a grip safety so it'll only fire if you're holding it. No other safety but your trigger discipline. The old Shield models didn't have a rail for light/laser, but the new Mod does. I've shot it, it shoots accurate, not much recoil. Get a Glock, but if it's not in your budget then the XD9 is a good, strong gun. Good for cold/wet weathers, very popular on the market too. I like it.
>>
>>32362890
the xd is literally unsafe mechanically. get a glock you giant fag.
>>
>>32363002

Unsafe how? It's a 9mm striker fire Pistol, what's so damn unsafe about it.
>>
File: g17-4-open2.jpg (118KB, 900x600px)
g17-4-open2.jpg
118KB, 900x600px
>>32363063
>grip safety breaks
>can't manipulate the slide
>have to unfuck a gun that has a goddamn round loaded in it
>can't take it to a gunsmith because of said goddamn round loaded in it

What you're doing with an XD is basically getting a Glock, and taking everything that makes the Glock good and throwing it out the window.

I would take a Glock with pic any fucking day of the week over an XD. They're by far one of the shittiest striker guns out in the market that somehow has a large amount of people buying them, those people being first time gun owners that do not do enough research.

Get either a G19, Sig P320 or hell, even an M&P9 will do.
>>
>>32363326
My XD9 has never had a single malfunction in the 1100+ rounds I've shot through it. I've watched my buddie's Glock fuck up more times than i can remember in comparison to my XD. Not that I hate Glock pistols, I own two.

The XD series of pistols is underrated mostly due to people like yourself who shit talk the gun without (presumably) any first hand experience of one.
>>
>>32363411
>1,100 rounds
>works 4 me ; )
>>
>>32363444
How many rounds have you shot through an XD?
>>
>>32363411

I agree.
I have a Sub-Compact 9mm and it's a solid gun, malfunction wise i haven't had a single one. I have the Shield and I've had a round jammed in the chamber until i clanked in against the wall like a barbarian and unfucked it.

Persoanlly, the new XDs are actually alright.

I agree with >>32362948 if you can get a Glock, go for it but if you're on a budget and you have to choose between S&W Shield....get an XD. It does shoot fairly accurate due to it's weight.

It also has a comfier grip, and holds 10 + 1 vs 8+1.
>>
>>32362890
I was recently looking at the XD9 recently because they can be found for around $370-$400 where I live. After checking a bunch of options out, I decided on the SIG p320 compact basically for three reasons:

1.) Trigger is a little better
2.) Ambi slide catch (I'm a lefty)
3.) overall SIG quality

But the XD is a well-made gun and obviously will do what you need it to. If you're strapped for cash, it may be your better option because i paid $500 for the SIG.
>>
>>32362890
>XD9
I've shot the one they have at my local range a bit.

Almost bought it over the G19 for my first handgun. I liked the way XD9 felt in my hand a little better. Bought G19 anyway.
>>
>>32362890
Dont listen to any of there faggots. Xds are perfectly safe. However they are overpriced for what they are. If you buy one dont bring it up here.
>>
>>32362890
Are you trying to compare an XD9 to a Shield? Or an XDs?

Also,
>XD
Git out
>>
XD
>>
>>32362890
No complaints about the gun, just not for me. Its more my beef with Springfield as a company than the gun.
>>
>>32364119

True, i have one but /k/ is really religious towards Glock. The new XD9s are very comfty, it does the job, it's durable, if you're broke just get it.

It was my first gun too.
>>
>>32363326
You're clearly a no guns.
>>
>>32363560
I was a die hard glock guy for the longest time. Then they started the gen 4's. From more qc problems to a leaving the tenifer finish behind in favor of something that is barely ahead of a px4 finish quality, glock is not worth the price anymore.

Springfield on the other hand is bringing in new and new old generation stuff at good pricing! I converted.

Most people on this board don't have fucking guns, let alone if they had one, inspect a gun before/after use and tell me why it's mechanically sound or a bad design. The xd other than having a roll pin keeping me from getting to the firing pin easily, is really better than a glock...

I also have better peace of mind carrying with an xd. Knock its safety features all you people want; it's nice.

Pic related. My two primary carry guns.
>>
¿ Q U E S T I O N ?

The production manufacturing of Springfield Armory XD pistols,
what amount / what of it, is done in Geneseo, Illinois ??

Just curious
>>
>>32362890
i own one, probably sent 4000+ rounds through it with no malfunctions that weren't caused by me. it's fucking great.
>>
>>32362890
G R I P Z O N E
>>
>>32370422
also...this. i've got an xds 45, an xd9, a mauser, an ar15, an ar15 9mm, etc etc. Most people on this stupid board are underage and don't own anything, or own a busted ass mosin they fire once every few years. the XD9 is a fine firearm, but i would recommend getting a mod 2. It feels much nicer, and has better sights from the factory. disregard any faggot yelling 'GRIP ZONE'. it's ugly, but you don't sport duty handguns as fashion pieces. it's a duty handgun, just like a glock, and it runs like a champ.
>>
>>32370644
that's the mod.2 not the xd9. you can see right in the fucking picture, no 'grip zone'.
>>
>>32370658
Yup. That grip zone of mine might be a meme on here but that trigger is soooo nice for a striker gun. It's a shooter too.

The xds just hides well. It does have a good trigger. I'm not that great a shot with it but it's still a nice gun.
>>
>>32370672

He's right, ya know.

It's in the picture.
>>
Sory of irrelevant, but can anyone name a few good DA/SA compact handguns?

I've never been fond of striker-fired handguns, not that there's anything wrong with most of them, just a stubborn preference.
>>
>>32364119
What if I get a discount on Springfield guns that can get me the XD Mod 2 9mm for $350?
>>
>>32372963
Buy it.
>>
>>32370422
>dubs of knowledge
Nice setup. The XDs is also my carry piece. Have at least a 1,000 rounds through mine, only ever had one FTE and that was with shitty Tula practice ammo.
>>
>>32372907
HK P2000
>>
>>32372907
Of all the guns I've bought sold and owned, SIG P229 in 357SIG
Seriously, it's great. If you're fond of DA/SA, you'll have already practiced the long DA pull, which is the main gripe people have because it can't be carried SA with the safety on
Comparable substitutes are FNX9c and USP9c, but I've owned both and like neither as much
>>
File: 1461856178893.jpg (654KB, 1200x671px)
1461856178893.jpg
654KB, 1200x671px
>>32372907
The PX4 Compact is a very strong contender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAaC5o-9mpw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPQdUcPNiF4
>>
>>32362890
I own one. It's my go-bag gun.

I like the way it feels better than the glock 19. More grip zone.
>>
>>32362890

It's good
>>
>>32374110
No I had one. It's no contender to an xd.
>>
>>32362890
Springfield is a shitterrible company and bares no relation to the actual springfield armory.
They started out as an importer in the 70's and imports still make a fair bit of their stock and trade. Amusing for a company that rides mostly on blind Americana but sadly appropriate.
As for the XD itself, it's overpriced as others have said. Before it was the XD it was the HS2000, another reasonably priced face in the crowd of post soviet value pistols from the eastern block ala the ARCUS, cz99 and grand power.
Now that's the springfield™ X-TREME DUTY (that is what XD stands for, I'm not joking) it goes for major striker fired pistol prices. despite being made by literally who LLC of croatia
If all that's fine with you, then by all means buy one. They're solidly mediocre striker fired polys.
>>
>>32375797
>Springfield is a shitterrible company and bares no relation to the actual springfield armory.

Yeaahhh... Common knowledge. Was there a point to be made between this fact and imported guns?

>They started out as an importer in the 70's and imports still make a fair bit of their stock and trade.

Yeeaaah...Common knowledge again. Plus put yourself in their shoes. Corner the market on a gun that would become popular. Without that rebranding it probably would have been a gun Americans would have not taken seriously.

>Amusing for a company that rides mostly on blind Americana but sadly appropriate.

Again all this is common knowledge to most educated gun enthusiast. Being an importer is still a business. Take century arms. They important. No one is saying much about the Walther knock off they imported. I still would like to try a tp9. At least Springfield armory isn't producing trash like century. So I view Springfield as a good importer with a high sense of QC.

>As for the XD itself, it's overpriced as others have said. Before it was the XD it was the HS2000, another reasonably priced face in the crowd of post soviet value pistols from the eastern block ala the ARCUS, cz99 and grand power.
Now that's the springfield™ X-TREME DUTY (that is what XD stands for, I'm not joking) it goes for major striker fired pistol prices. despite being made by literally who LLC of croatia
If all that's fine with you, then by all means buy one. They're solidly mediocre striker fired polys.

...Woah, that was a whole lotta bullshit. I will agree they are overpriced when we all know what they used to be. However, the HS 2000 was limited in its QC. Springfield becomes exclusive to it, gives it several revisions, makes it better. It's not like your money or time was spent doing this pal.
>>
>>32362890
I've shot a few XDs--an XDM in .40, an XD in 9, and another XDsc in .40.

I think they're perfectly fine, but I never really "liked" them. It has no real redeeming characteristics. They're not guns that I've ever walked away with a smile on my face after shooting.
>>
It's like a glock for lefties except with a grip safety. But it has a little pin on the back of the slide that's exposed so you know when you're slide has been racked
>dat ambidextrous mag release
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.