[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I join the army? I want to make it to the Rangers or Berets.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1481839099226.jpg (658KB, 1920x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1481839099226.jpg
658KB, 1920x1301px
Should I join the army? I want to make it to the Rangers or Berets. I work out several times a week, working on cardio and weights. I just want some extra insight.
>>
>>32357518
play some more cod it will help u see what the combat is like
>>
>>32357518
join the marines
>>
>>32357518
Well, you know what they say, if you couldn't find meg...
>>
>>32357579
No
>>
>>32357518
Well, to be honest kid, I would look into the requirememts, you need to be maxxing your pt standards or they'll laugh at yourpacket as they toss it in the shredder (Rangers less so but still the same). There's a reason why most individuals fail out of those schools, they're difficult to the point of nearly killing you in the process. Be the best soldier you can be, and get Ranger/ SoF in contract. Joining tje Army is a personal thing, everyone I know has a story, most of us were broken before signing up, and the things we've seen only wear at us even if we don't talk about them.
>>
>>32357642
I have years before I will do this, I have looked into the requirements and looking specifically to max them out. I may be broken, but you cant break if you are already broken.
>>
>>32357518
>being peacetime infantry

I hope you like sweeping floors and police calling parking lots. You may as well go Navy and do some real deployments. Perks:

>get to clean things every day
>get to work insane hours
>get to get assdamaged by dumbfuck khakis daily
>maybe see some foreign ports for a few days every couple of years

Real life ain't cowadooty. It's not going to be fun or exciting, you're going to be mostly miserable your entire enlistment unless you go full bitch mode and join the Air Force or Coast Guard. Which are the only branches the smart people who care about their lives join, but get shit on by real military folks the most.
>>
>>32357675
Never said it was like a damn video game, nice assumption. I am not going in this year, so we will see...
>>
>>32357675
>implying that the US is likely to be at peace in the near future
>>
>>32357751
>implying we are currently at war
Kek
>>
>joining the army
>2017 almost
Enjoy getting yelled at all day while you clean latrines for $20k a year
>>
File: You feel it too don't you.png (148KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
You feel it too don't you.png
148KB, 640x480px
Not OP, but if I have a hard on for milshit and score like a 330 on the APFT, what would my chances of making it through an 18x contract be?
>>
>>32357518

Only if you want to fight for a corrupt federal government and fight wars for international entities that don't give a fuck about your hometown and way of life (in fact, they'd loathe it).
>>
>>32357906
Not good, chiefly because everyone wants that position, and the training is hard as fucking nails. Do it anyways, if you want something badly enough tell the odds to go fuck themselves, you will need discipline, motivation, and brotherhood to pass the trials that stand before you, and only after they are over will you truly appreciate what you have done. Also combat contracting jobs hire ex-special forces and they make bank if you can set up a network of contacts while you're in and take a shine to getting shot at in the sand box
>>
>>32357906
Very likely since the max score is 300
>>
>>32358048
>implying i give a fuck about my hometown and way of life
>>
>>32358056
POG not looking at the old extended scale
>>
>>32357518
AGENT ORANGE...
THE FIRE
DOESN'T
BURN!
>>
>>32357518
My cousin is a scout sniper, I could get him on the phone and ask him questions about the army if you want
>>
>>32358142
Sure, that would be great honestly. Could you ask him why he joined and what kinds of training he did beforehand, if any?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.