[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that less than 50 years ago firearm ownership and participation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4115.jpg (108KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4115.jpg
108KB, 660x495px
Why is it that less than 50 years ago firearm ownership and participation was completely normal and regularly a topic of discussion, while nowdays if you mention anything to do with firearms most of society thinks your a paranoid gun owner who will shoot up a school?
>>
>>32354664
School shooting autists, the pussification of America, and the globalist brain-washing of the media from every approach.
>>
File: transgender-protest.jpg (34KB, 624x303px) Image search: [Google]
transgender-protest.jpg
34KB, 624x303px
>>32354664
Same reason less than 50 years ago pic related would get pointed and laughed at, but now you must repect their pronouns.
>>
>>32354664
All those fudd guns and then BAM: automag
>>
>>32354664
You can thank the (((lying media))) for that
>>
>>32354664
>Most of society

You mean big city liberals and a vocal minority.

t. Hilldawgs not President
>>
>>32354664
Slow trickle of loss of power to the individual over time. America in general has been slowly whittled down to become more and more reliant on outside services and goods than individually procured goods and services.

Put simply, it makes the populace more compliant and easier to control overall.
>>
>>32354664
One reason, women

Women started to support and push for more and more gun control as time went on and some politicians decided to capitalize on their support
>>
Is it fair to blame women for this trend? They seem to be mostly anti-gun in general (no /pol/)
>>
>>32354664
It all started with letting Females vote.
>>
>>32354739
That's a Wildey.
>>
>>32354795
Of course. They were never at the forefront of rugged individualism and the pioneer spirit that America was founded on. Since they were in a domestic role for such a long time, when they were enfranchised their votes were cast with that mindset. Women were responsible for alcohol prohibition. They strongly supported the NFA. They were accustomed to a figure of authority protecting and providing, and that authority figure shifted from the husband to the State.

And since public schooling is dominated by females, as well as women almost exclusively receiving custody in divorce proceedings, children are constantly raised with that feminine mentality.

There are exceptions, of course, but this is the general rule.
>>
File: Frankfurt school goals.jpg (78KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
Frankfurt school goals.jpg
78KB, 600x550px
>>32354664
>>32354694
>>32354713
>>32354743

Jews.
>>
>>32354664
because guns kill things, period. most normal human beings with clean bills of mental health dont need to kill things with projectiles
>>
>>32355027
> most normal human beings with clean bills of mental health dont need to kill things with projectiles
They need to kill abnormal human beings with unclean bills of mental health. Violent crime is a thing, and self-defense is the only way to stop it at the time of occurrence.
>>
>>32354664
You live in the wrong part of the cucktry
>>
>>32354664
It was and it wasn't. Hunting was fine, but if you wanted something akin to a AR, you were viewed in a negative light. Same with pistols for the most part.

It's been a generation at most that we've seen gun ownership as something positive beyond its Fudd habits. The Internet has helped a great deal to unite gun owners and expand our rights and gun positive culture.
>>
>>32355087
stop putting yourself in the line of fire. when niggers threatened me at my place of work, I quit. not gonna bring a gun to my workplace and become another white shooter. you are clearlyy looking for a reason to use a gun on a person
>>
>>32355119
>violent crime happens to people because they go looking for trouble
People should just stay at home so they don't have a reason to use a gun on someone. Oh wait...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire,_Connecticut,_home_invasion_murders
>>
>32355119(you)
There you go buddy. That's my Christmas gift.
>>
Urbanization. People have little need for guns in a city, and little space to do leisure activities with them, and half our country lives in cities now.
>>
>>32354664
>Why is it that less than 50 years ago firearm ownership and participation was completely normal and regularly a topic of discussion
This heavily depended on where you lived.
Even 50 years ago, big city types weren't very pro gun, and gun control in America has existed since the early 1800's.
>>
>>32354992
triple parentheses means Jewish
>>
>>32354753
Idiot, she won popular vote.
Electoral college saved us.
>>
Reminder only ~30% of households have a gun and gun ownership is increasingly irrelevant.
>>
>>32355598
that's a j lie
>>
>>32355628
Not an argument
>>
>>32354664
Because 50 years ago most living adults were alive for one or both world wars and had a living family member who had to do shit like poach or kill and eat family pets to survive the great depression.

Hell my grandfather was a college professor during the great depression and told stories about shooting WOODPECKERS to throw in the pot if they wanted to eat, and how a single .22 round was worth more than a pair of shoes.

Then he got drafted for ww2, ended up as a b17 bombardier in Italy, and went on to become a postmaster.
>>
>>32355643
Don't need to argue.
>>
>>32355579
The majority of the popular vote came from California, the electoral college definitely did its job
>>
>>32355652
>these facts dont match my feelings so they're not real I don't need to argue
>>
>>32355661
That isn't true though

California is ~12% of the population, how would they cast a "majority" of the votes?
>>
no only commies and extreme lefty morons flip

normal people love guns
>>
>>32355682
What's ~12 percent have to do with it. 44 million people. If she wins by 1 million popular that could easily come from left ass California.
>>
>>32355730
And if you arbitrarily say a big red state doesnt count (like Texas) then Trumps numbers change. What's your point?
>>
How about no one with net worth under 10,000 votes?
>>
>>32354664
Media.
Next question, please.
>>
>>32355682
I think he means 'a majority of the votes that apparently put Hillary over the top in the popular vote.' California is home to a third of our illegal aliens and a third of our welfare bums. That's better than six million votes right there. Strip them away and she loses the popular vote handily.

That's without the dead, the senile, and the just plain fraudulent vote nationwide.
>>
>>32355994
You mean $80,000 right?
>>
>>32354664
Depending on where you live...

Buddy up with some people of similar interests and experiences. Take note of who wears RealTree or whose car has pro-2A stickers in the windows or on the bumper. Hell, even a Trump slogan or the like works. Mention it casually in conversation about hobbies or interests. Skirt around the edges and you'll probably find plenty of others in similar situations.

Hell, mention the latest natural disaster or weather event and how it's smart to be prepared. My town and others had contaminated water for weeks after a main break. Good thing I have a couple cases of water at home! Great that I have a well stocked pantry--never know if I'm going to be stuck for a while as I'm without a truck. I have a generator to keep on the lights and some appliances next time a major snow or ice storm has us stranded for a day or two and no power for a week or more. After all, I had a great time hunting with my friend/neighbor/relative and that venison is pretty good.
>>
>>32356224
>Hell, mention the latest natural disaster or weather event and how it's smart to be prepared. My town and others had contaminated water for weeks after a main break. Good thing I have a couple cases of water at home! Great that I have a well stocked pantry--never know if I'm going to be stuck for a while as I'm without a truck. I have a generator to keep on the lights and some appliances next time a major snow or ice storm has us stranded for a day or two and no power for a week or more.

This is why. Everytime someone brings up weapons in meatspace shtf assholes pop up and ruin the conversation. Don't try to lie and say you only talk about natural disasters because every one of you mother fuckers bring up a civil war.

We want to talk about firearms, that's all.
>>
>>32355598
Cuz if the election taught us anything it's that polls are accurate.
>>
>>32355598
Actually, it's more like 44 percent and rising
>>
>>32355119

This is quality bait.

Ask me how I know.
>>
>>32355682

People who don't know how to analyze statistics shouldn't quote statistics.
>>
>>32356027
This is true, she won California by 4mil iirc, which is about the amount she leads in the popular vote
>>
>>32354739
>Lever action
>A Luger
>fudd guns

Cmon man, lever actions are fun and classy as fuck and the luger is iconic.

And is that shotgun up top a Winchester Model 12? Those things were built before trigger disconnects, you can just keep pumping and firing, super fun trap gun and they were widely used as trench guns.

Its not all fudd stuff.
>>
>>32356271
Not true.

I have spent most of my life in areas that flood seasonally literally every single year. In bad years where the levees break we talk about shtf, and in my 14 years of adulthood not once has anyone brought up civil war/racewar/insurrection/da joos/[insert political bogeyman].
>>
>>32356584
>luger

It's a fucking nambu you fuck
>>
>>32356271
>>32357652
I've run into a couple old nuts who believe it's all a conspiracy (illuminati, jews, communists, etc). Most people simply understand the actual risks near home. Bad weather and failing infrastructure, high taxes and municipal/county mismanagement. There's a lot of forces out of control and even shit like government issues aren't sorted out easily. A politician 20 years ago ran up the town's debt? Politicians for the last 20 have been keeping it steady or slowly growing? Exodus of people? Guess what--it's going to get ridiculously expensive (bigger exodus) or services will be cut (no OT for police, LEOs terminated, critical infrastructure not replaced, immediate repairs instead of preventive maintenance, ........)
>>
>>32354873
I think this is very accurate.
>>
Cityfags
>>
Because the industrial revolution ended in the 80s in the US, before that there were such things as labor unions which allowed you to make 50k a year in 80s money screwing bolts on cars in a assembly line. Even black people had good jobs all the way up to the 1950s. When the jobs were all sent overseas, the drug culture came in and put the majority of black people in never ending poverty. The US is the worst country in the world to be poor, Ive lived in Mexico City for 10 years and I miss it.
>>
>>32354664
population grew, less areas to hunt and shoot.
>>
>>32354664
Because our society has become tainted with heresy.
>>
File: you-have-to-go-back.gif (348KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
you-have-to-go-back.gif
348KB, 350x233px
>>32360010
>Ive lived in Mexico City for 10 years and I miss it
Pic related.

Also, it's precisely because of the labor unions that auto manufacturing jobs left.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.