[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the minimum number of spare stripped lowers every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

what's the minimum number of spare stripped lowers every responsible american should keep in case of bans/shortages/breakages/wear
>>
>>32346438
>>
>>32346438
it's people like you that cause $50 lowers to shoot up to $150 during elections
>>
>>32346438

At least one or two spare for every complete rifle you already own, strictly to replace broken or severely worn lowers, not to price gouge your fellow patriots in the event of a ban.
>>
>>32346438
Stripped lowers are poorfag tier hoarding. Just get complete rifles.
>>
Kind of off topic, but i'm trying to pick out a stripped lower for my first AR, i've heard good things about aero precision any advice or recommends?
>>
>>32346569
Aero Precision receivers are about as good as you can get a mil-spec receiver. If you want a fancy billet or ambi receiver, then there are other options, but for regular mil-spec, you can't go wrong.
>>
>>32346546
>severely worn lowers
This is a thing?
>>
>>32346569
they are literally all the same, except the engraved picture on the side
>>
>>32346474
I've been looking for these $50 lowers I hear everyone talking about for the longest time
>>
>>32346724
steel pins moving constantly in aluminum holes, yes lowers wear out, although i guess you can always just get new bigger pins
>>
How the fuck many lowers do you people get through in a year?

Can't you 3d print the fucking things already?
>>
File: AR302-1.gif (50KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
AR302-1.gif
50KB, 800x800px
>>32346747
>steel pins moving constantly in aluminum holes, yes lowers wear out, although i guess you can always just get new bigger pins
Thanks for proving that you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>32346569
they're fine
comes with a screw to reduce upper lower slop which is nice. Loctite would help to keep the adjustment in place
I put an moe sl grip on mine & it was tight af
>>
The answer is one bridgeport and one clausing.
>>
>>32346742
They're all over, bruh. Anderson lowers.
>>
>>32346742
http://www.cabelas.com/product/ANDERSON-STRIPPED-LOWER-RECIEVER/2387970.uts
>>
>>32346724
You are not me and you have no idea what you're talking about.

>>32346724
I imagine that at some point if used very heavily the receiver could possibly be banged up or its finish worn out. Probably very unlikely but I bet it's possible. Would be nice to have spares in the event you somehow end up with a fucked up magwell or the finish has been scraped off to the point that it's raw metal that rusts easily.
>>
File: c147dd9.jpg (34KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
c147dd9.jpg
34KB, 275x275px
>>32347230
>raw metal that rusts easily.
Here's another idiot who has no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>32347199
>$60
>>
>>32347230
>raw metal
You could just duracoat it
>>
>>32347272
>no shipping
>no transfer fee
>big box store

Shit's damned well priced. It's either that or pay 10 bucks and transfer fee to get a 40 dollar anderson from their website.
>>
>>32346753
Nobody buys stripped lowers because they "go through" them. If you are buying a stripped lower, you either

a) plan on building a full rifle for yourself, but can't afford the rest of the gun right now and are afraid that future legislation will make them permanently unaffordable or unobtainable, or

b) are hoarding "firearms" to scalp them later, in the unlikely event of another Assault Weapons Ban, either in the panic-buying leading up to the legislation, or after the legislation passes so you can say that you have a legal pre-ban AR-15 for sale

Up until July of last year, it had seemed that more gun control in the short term was inevitable, but that has been postponed for potentially quite a long time now.
>>
>>32347272
That's a good price, you dumbass.
>>
File: IMGP1929.jpg (3MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP1929.jpg
3MB, 3072x2048px
>>32347281
>not replacing his entire firearm when the finish gets a little rough
I just threw out my CZ 75 because the finish was too beat up and had become too susceptible to rusting. Get with the program, anon.
>>
>>32347311
>tfw local shop sells them for 49.95
>tfw cuckfornia so generous liberal taxes and california $35 DROS fee makes them $100 anyway
>>
>>32347322
>>32347322
holy shit thats unacceptable. throw that in the garbage can already unless you want the rust to spread to your trigger finger and you get tetanus
>>
>>32347230
>aluminum
>rust
>>
Why is it always a Californian who bitches about a $10 difference in price, justifying their attitude by claiming that they're already going to spend hundreds of dollars in fees to the state anyway, so why shouldn't they save a few sheckles when they can? >>32347323
>>
>>32347323
oh yeah, and the 9% tax is calculated after the price of the gun and $35 california registry fee is summed up. because the mandatory state registry from the cuckstate that thinks the FBI system is not good enough is a taxable "service"

>tfw forced to pay taxes on service i dont want
>tfw buying guns in california is obamacare
>>
>>32346546
>spares to replace broken or severely worn lowers
>>32346747
>steel pins moving constantly in aluminum holes, yes lowers wear out
>>32347230
>spares in the event you somehow end up with a fucked up magwell or the finish has been scraped off to the point that it's raw metal that rusts easily.

Just stop posting.
>>
If you're going to stock up receivers, stock on up 80% receivers. What the fuck good will 100 Anderson lowers do you if there is a record of you buying 100 Anderson lowers?

Beyond that, go for things that actually wear down, run out or can get lost easily. Barrels, bolts, springs, pins, chemicals, solvents, cleaning supplies, etc.
>>
>>32347358
Cry me a river.
>>
>>32347350
see
>>32347358
imagine you lived in a state where you had to pay taxes for unconstitutional bullshit services in order to exercise your right to buy and own a firearm

>tfw soon there will be california approved censors to filter "fake news" and any 1st amendment postings on 4chan will have to be filtered by censors in cuckfornia, and you will have to pay a fee to fund the cuckfornia censorship department and then taxes on top of that fee because it is a taxable service

tfw does this analogy drive the point home?
>>
>>32347289
OK, so my billing address on my credit card is different than my actual address (listed on my ID). will this be a problem when I pick it up?
>>
>>32347396
So move to a better state. Don't shit up threads about how you don't think gun prices are good when they are, in fact, very good. People in free states can order a $40 Anderson lower online, but after $10-15 shipping and usually $20 in FFL fees, they would end up paying more than what that lower costs from a brick and mortar store like Cabelas, where there are no extra fees except sales tax.

You literally just wanted a platform to complain about your shitty life, didn't you. That's why everyone is giving you shit and hates you.
>>
>>32347419
It shouldn't be. You just have to be the person on the order, as they cannot transfer it to anyone else. And they will use your ID+Whatever to verify against the order and for the 4473.
>>
File: Buddy_christ.jpg (31KB, 370x284px) Image search: [Google]
Buddy_christ.jpg
31KB, 370x284px
>>32347435
Hope not, because I just "pulled the trigger"
>>
>>32347458
I work at one, so unless the process is different at your local store...

It'll arrive with a shipping label with your name on it, and the address on your account.
>>
>>32347430
this type of cuck mentality is difficult for me to understand.

cuckfornia produces almost all of the USAs vegetables and fruits, and a large portion of dairy, rice, grains, beef and other agriculture

moving to another state and abandoning the breadbasket of america is a cuck mentality. what is your ultimate solution, for all conservatives to leave california, and give it back to mexico? california is one of the wealthiest states in terms of resources and production of food, and you want to just give it to the beaners? but at the same time you are voting for border control and immigration enforcement, you are recommending non-libtard californians to leave the state and let it continually be run by leftwing radicals? how is that in the interest of you as an american?
>>
>>32347199
>http://www.cabelas.com/product/ANDERSON-STRIPPED-LOWER-RECIEVER/2387970.uts
>RECIEVER
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32347494
>what is the breadbasket
>>
>>32347494
Who the FUCK said anything about vegetables? Are you a farmer and you can't sell the farm? No? Then shut the fuck up with the victim complex and stop giving your tax dollars to Californian state government. When they run out of money, they will think of ways to make the state more appealing to normal people again, but as long as you don't vote with your feet, nothing will change.
>>
>>32347430
>>32347494
http://www.motherjones.com/files/2agovstat10_web-1.pdf

do you like broccoli? because we literally make 99% of the USA broccoli. same with almonds, same with grapes, olives, olive oil, walnuts, peaches, the list goes on and on. so instead of just telling conservative cuckfornians to leave or acting like its their fault dems have got into power illegally, why dont you do something constructive like help advocating to the president to send the military in and free us?
>>
File: index.jpg (55KB, 600x395px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
55KB, 600x395px
>>32347506
What the fuck is your problem?

>daytime /k/
>>
>>32347517
i dont think you realize that california is 40% mexican already. a trump presidency is the only thing that can save us now
>>
>>32347519
>>32347494
>>32347396
>>32347358
>>32347323
>>32347529
You are a fucking attention-whore. None of this is relevant to the thread.
>>
>>32347517
>leaving california will solve the problem
>they wont just open the borders and allow sanctuary cities to thrive to get new replacement citizens
>california will just start selling its agriculture to other countries and break off from the USA in 30 years

again, telling conservatives to leave california does nothing to solve the problem, and you are a cuck for giving california and its wealth to mexico because they deciding to sneak in and squat on the land
>>
>>32347557
Take it to /pol/.
>>
File: autism.gif (528KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
528KB, 480x270px
>>32347528
I before E except after C. Such simple typos on big box websites trigger my pic related.

>ESL /k/
>>
>>32347517
>tell all rational californians to vote with their feet and leave
>only irrational leftwing radicals are left in the state
>this will change the system guys

honestly im tired of the california hate from the gun community, you retards never help out with anything constructive. you should be forming a militia to come liberate us or something
>>
also liberalism spreads like cancer its coming to you. no state is safe. even montana is 40% dem controlled
>>
>>32346438
Just keep an extra or two if you can find them cheap so you have them for your next build. Having a pile of lowers is retarded. If you're going to stockpile shit, you'd be better served buying more ammo or barrels.

>bans
You'll see that coming a mile away.
>shortages
That will only ever happen because of an impending ban, which is why you buy what you want NOW instead of being a panic-buying retard in 2020.
>breakages
Fucking what? Has anyone ever had lower break? Short of your rifle lower getting shot I don't think you're going to hurt it too badly.
>wear
Again, what the fuck are you smoking? It's a block of aluminum. It's easily the most robust part of an AR and one of a few parts that shouldn't ever really need to be replaced.

All the retards ITT talking about it rusting or stretching should just kill themselves.
>>
>>32347480
The address on my account is different than the one on my ID
>>
>>32347654
Probably won't be an issue, unless the address on your ID is incorrect.

Shit's gotta be up to date, yo.
>>
>>32347672
It is up to date. It's a long story. But I just added my real address (the one on my ID) to the address book on my account. So it will at least be on there somewhere.
>>
>>32347736
then you should be good
>>
>>32347580
>You retards should be going out of your way to do something to help me that my fellow "conservative californians" and I refuse to do ourselves!!!

kek. this is the most californian post imaginable. absolutely beautiful
>>
>>32346747
>>32347230
The fucking army still issues m16s from Vietnam with probably hundreds of thousands of rounds through them you're both idiots, but go ahead with your spare lowers you'll never use.
>>
>bought 5 lowers, used one to build my AR
>now have 4 sitting around doing nothing

I probably won't ever get any more. Should have stopped at 3 or so
>>
>>32347508
It's California t b h
>>
>>32346742
uh, like 5-6 gun shops near me within 10 miles have atleast two different kinds of $50 stripped lowers.
>anderson
>psa
>some random brand
>>
>>32347230
>heavily used

lol you do not possess the time or money to use a lower to the point it would be inop.
the fact you even think thats a thing tells me your a nogun/newfag or both.
>>
>>32347345

Aluminum surely does corrode, friend.
>>
File: 1480391170144.jpg (60KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1480391170144.jpg
60KB, 320x213px
>>32347430
>so you live in California and don't like the gun laws there?
>move to another state! You're a cuck for living in a cuck state and letting the government cuck you out of your rights

>but don't move to another state because you're a Californian and Californians are all liberals and liberals shit places up
>so definitely don't come to my state because you won't be welcome here you Californian scum
>>
>>32347519
>do you like broccoli?
of course not, you fucking degenerate
it takes a commiefornia fag to eat such crap
>>
>>32346747
Stop this typing,talking,communicating thing, you're a total fucking idiot. Then
KILL YOURSELF.
>>
>would buy a lower jig if I had the money
>don't have the money
>>
>>32346438
I think I have 10 incomplete lowers. Maybe I should get some more, should I run into some at a good price.

>>32346474
Get fucking bent. If the guy wants to horde lowers, for the most common fucking rifle in the country, that are scraping the bottom of the barrel on price due to the completely fucking saturated market, he can. Fuck off back to where ever you fucked here from.

>>32346546
>strictly to replace broken or severely worn lowers

Back to middle school, nogunz.
>>
>>32346747
>steel pins moving constantly in aluminum holes, yes lowers wear out, although i guess you can always just get new bigger pins

Go home, Buck Angel. We have no ditches here.
>>
>>32350005
>horde vs hoard
You should of got the breaks fixed on your car.
Break pads are a diamond dozen.
>>
Why is a butthurt California whining for the federal government to come trample states rights and murder people instead of just going somewhere else?
>>
>>32350024
>>horde vs hoard
>You should of got the breaks fixed on your car.
>Break pads are a diamond dozen.

Well refuted argument, old chap. Perhaps you should take it up with google voice to text?
>>
>>32346438
A number equal to but not less than the number of uppers they own.
Otherwise they are an fag.
>>
>>32346438
i guess 1? how many rifles do you plan on running around with when the habbening hapens?
>>
File: 20160614_190514.jpg (351KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
20160614_190514.jpg
351KB, 1328x747px
>>32346438
Number of built rifles +3
>>
File: 1480994393180m.jpg (172KB, 803x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480994393180m.jpg
172KB, 803x1024px
>>32346438
I don't know but I have gotten into the bad fucking havit if buying a lower for a new build plus 1 as a "just in case" investment.

Unfortunately after a few months that lower looks so sad not being a complete rifle, so I begin to build a new build. But then my "just in case" lower is gone so I end up buying another and so the cycle repeats.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.