[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's up /k/ I've never had any type of side arm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 13668977_1.jpg (62KB, 1024x770px) Image search: [Google]
13668977_1.jpg
62KB, 1024x770px
What's up /k/

I've never had any type of side arm before, I'm basically new to guns.

Recently I was robbed at gun point and that woke me up a bit to the fact that I need to protect myself, especially with the area I live in.

Basically I'm looking for a recommendation for a small side arm I can conceal easily but will still get the job done. I've been looking at a few .25 cals and a friend suggested I just get a .380. I don't need a clint eastwood type of pistol but I don't want anything that would just piss off my assailant. What would you recommend for a newbie that just wants something easy to carry and use if need be.

On a side note, I am looking into getting my concealed permit as well. Insight? Suggestions?
>>
>>32339623
>.25
No
Get a bersa thunder if you have a hard on for .380. Or look at 9mm pocket guns.
>CC permit
Google "(Your state) CC License"
>>
>>32339623
https://us.glock.com/products/model/g43
>>
No reason for a .25 now that .380's are the same size and weight. The baby Beretta pictured is even fatter than most pocket .380's due to the aluminum frame. The .22 is great for shooting colibri rounds though due to the pop-up barrel.
>>
>>32339623
DEAGLE BRAND DEAGLE IN 50 MAGNUM EXPRESS

The interwebs is full of good information regarding everthing you asked...
1) Mindset
2)Geting yourself informed
3) Training
4) Gun

those should be your priorities now IN EXACT ORDER dont go buy a gun and then do the others...
>>
>>32339644
I'm looking at the first thunder that pops up on bersa's site and I like it.

>>32339661
I'm liking it because it describes basically my exact needs.

Would either of these fit on an ankle holster or should I just get a side holster?

>>32339703
I'm going in that order, but don't I need a weapon for training and to take my concealed class? Don't get me wrong. I'm not some gun toting hick. I hope to never use it. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
>>
>>32339623
Stop. Do not get .380. Get 10mm
>>
>>32339745
Advantages?
>>
>>32339623
Also, shoot to kill. You don't leave a witness. If they ask why there's a head shot from the back of the head, you say he was pointing his gun backwards at you to try to sneak up and shoot you.
>>
>>32339737
Look around your local sporting goods stores and gunshops for compacts. Ask to fingerfuck them (all you have to do is ask) and find the one that best fits in your hand that's in your price range and then buy it. Now, don't walk in and shout "I'm looking for a CCW" 99.9% of the time they're going to shove a glock or shield .40 in your hands and gouge the fuck out of you for the gun/ammo/shitty holster combo.
>>
>>32339754
You put the bad guys 6 feet under. Can also kill bear.
>>
Sccy gen 2 goes for like $250 new in my area and complies in even the least American parts of America. Friend has one, trigger sucks by design. Heavy and long by design, but functioned with every round he put in no matter how crappy.

I've heard better about the ruger lc9. Seen them for under $300 as well. I've never actually used one though so I can't vouge for it.

Both are easily concealable.
>>
>>32339623
Alright man, I'm an ffl holder which means I may know what I'm talking about.

If you want a pistol to carry I would strongly recommend learning to shoot well first. Buy a full-size or compact pistol. Maybe a 22. If you are not very wealthy 9mm is a wonderful caliber because it has little recoil and is very cheap (so you can afford to put a few thousand rounds through it the first few months you have it).

25 possibly worse than 22 lr for defense. 380 is fine, but ironically more expensive than 9mm.

An lc9s is a good, boring choice that is cheap, light, reliable, and fairly easy to use.Do you have a friend or family member who is a gun nut. Theist thing you can do is shoot 20 or so handguns before you buy your first.
>>
File: guide 1.jpg (3MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
guide 1.jpg
3MB, 3900x5008px
>>
>>32339776
Excellent advice. I didn't even know "Finger Fucking" Was an option.
>>
>>32339827
>Do you have a friend or family member who is a gun nut
I do. He's an avid hunter and owns mostly rifles but I'll check and see what he has as far as hand guns go. Thanks.
>>
>>32339929
I mean, don't say "fingerfuck" or do, I'm not a cop. Just walk in and strike up a conversation all casual "Hey, I'm looking for a compact X, can I look at that one?" Ask to hold them and never point it at the clerk or a patron, and ask if it's ok to manipulate the slide and shit. Also, never ever ever dry fire it right there in the store.
>>
>>32339988
I'm glad you kept talking.
>>
>>32339623
No one in this thread will say it, but if someone has you at gunpoint you are fucked. Work on better awareness of your location before you start carrying.
>>
>>32340064
OP here.

Honestly even if I had a gun I don't think there's much I could have done about it. It was a gang of 3, 2 had guns, with one holding it to the back of my head while the others were emptying my pockets.

It was 9:30 on a Sunday morning. I thought the crack heads and thieves didn't get up until later in the day. I'm just thinking maybe I could protect myself in a different scenario, but in that instance like you say, there's nothing I could have done.
>>
Most people don't understand how large of a gun they can conceal easily, it really isn't difficult to carry larger guns. Small guns are much harder to shoot believe it or not, because they are pushed around by recoil much more. This is why most people recommend a mid-sized gun for carry.

But like >>32339703 said, I would recommend getting some training under your belt BEFORE you buy a gun, cause then you'll understand way more about what you like and what works for you.
>>
>>32339988
>>32340017

I dry fire the fuck out of those shits in the sto' nigga fuck the bullshit my nigga i don't even ask that nigga can git fukt if he wants to talk shit I won't buy his fuckin shit then simple as dat
>>
>>32339686
>The baby Beretta pictured is even fatter than most pocket 380s

This. I owned this exact model, and while its fun as hell to shoot, a pocket 380 just made more sense.

I will say that the one redeeming quality to the Jetfire is its single action only. And you could mag dump 10 rds into someone in like 2 seconds.

Go with a Taurus TCP or a KT p32. I have both & they each carry well, are slim & light & do what they need to do. They're small enough so you'll actually carry them & get used to it, then maybe you can move up to higher calibers.
>>
>>32340425
>kel tec
>tarus
>ever
>>
All you need is a ruger lcp in 380.

Easy to keep in your pocket and ready when you need it. Anything bigger is a pain in the ass to Carry daily and you'll stop carrying it with you.
>>
>>32340464
Just stop. Both are excellent guns. They're not pretty but do what they're supposed to do, carry well & won't break OP's bank.
>>
>>32339838
Shit res.
>>
>>32339988
Isn't that the point of floor models? To try out all of the controls before you buy?
>>
>>32339623
As a owner of a .25, It's a garbage round

Fun to pop off 7 rounds into a tree pretending to be a gangbanger but that's it
>>
>A hole's a hole
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.