[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Actually good camo patterns are available instead of that retard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: breakupinfinity-11.jpg (589KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
breakupinfinity-11.jpg
589KB, 1920x1080px
Actually good camo patterns are available instead of that retard level Digi shit. Why the fuck aren't our military members issued the best stuff when it's so widely available?
>>
Because it would break the budget outline.

Gettit? "Break the outline"? Hahaaa
>>
>>32338452
Civilian camo is very situational, it's god-tier for the specific season and area it was designed for but mediocre everywhere else.
Military camo tends to go for a "one size fits all" philosophy and tries to make a pattern that works in most environment, you be the judge on how well this system works.
>>
What always amuses me is the people who wear their Mossy Oak or whatever all the time and undoubtedly wash it in detergent with color brighteners so that they get all sorts of odors all over it and glow like a beacon to a deer's eyes.
>>
It really cracks me up when all the local rednecks spend all this money and time talking about the latest camo...to hunt an animal that would be legally blind and wouldn't know the difference between a rock, a leaf, or my erect penis no matter how close it got.
>>
>>32338523
As long as you're smart and don't rub all over everything or be upwind. I've worn baseball caps for years hunting and never had an issue.
>>
File: RealTree.jpg (2MB, 2832x4256px) Image search: [Google]
RealTree.jpg
2MB, 2832x4256px
>>
>>32338523
Deer don't really give a shit what you look like.
Turkeys on the other hand...
>>
>>32338528
found the guy that's never hunted
>>
>>32339732
he's partly right though. really depends on what you're hunting. But when people spend shitloads for camo to hunt shit that doesnt really rely much on its vision.
sound is the most important thing to worry about. modern outdoor clothing makes too much noise.
>>
>>32339789
And sent
>>
>>32339718
This
During deer season
>orange cap
>beige Carhartt jacket
>blue jeans

Turkey season I'm like >>32338452 and
>>32339515
>>
File: IMG_3452.jpg (192KB, 750x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3452.jpg
192KB, 750x552px
Subtle hunting thread? Pic is me last Sunday.
>tfw receive delicious sausages soon
>>
>>32340024
Noice buck dude.
>>
>>32339789
If you buy good quality shit that's geared toward serious hunters it's better than ever. Most all scentlock clothing is fucking loonytunes awesome.
>>
>>32338452
>tfw wildlife literally stumbles over you when you wear your asat camo
>tfw real tree morons will never experience this

Sure bud, you keep on hunting with "the best stuff". kek
>>
File: asat.jpg (132KB, 532x400px) Image search: [Google]
asat.jpg
132KB, 532x400px
>>32338452
>>
File: IMG_2695.jpg (566KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2695.jpg
566KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>32338528
Had this happen last week
>Sitting in a ground blind 20 minutes after sunrise
>Doe walks up to the feeder, eats for a few minutes
>Sees the window is open on the ground blind (which they're used to because it's been there for a few months now)
>Decides to investigate
>Sticks its head inside
>Doesn't realize I'm inside until it basically has its nose in my crotch
>Is slightly spooked, but eats for a few more minutes before walking off
Deer are some stupid fucking animals.
>>
Fuddtree sure helps you blend in while you're trying to run your rascal over the manager at walmart because he insists he can't sell you more than 3 boxes of .22
>>
>>32342420
>Not having a Mossy Fudd 4x4 amphibious mobility vehicle
Found the yankee
>>
File: blind_pone.png (206KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
blind_pone.png
206KB, 500x500px
>>32338452
Holy fuck OP, your picture literally answers why digital camo is used instead of traditional stuff. Open your goddamn eyes. Pic related.
>>
>>32342436

Nigga what?
>>
Is multicam good for standard woodland/brush use?
Seems pretty versatile, like a universal outdoor camo.
Thoughts?
>>
>>32338523

deer are stupid, and color blind, you could wear neon yellow pants and a shirt and it wouldn't make a difference, scent really isnt a huge deal either, motion and sound are concerns with deer.
>>
File: multicam best cam.jpg (198KB, 1250x1025px) Image search: [Google]
multicam best cam.jpg
198KB, 1250x1025px
>>32338452
>Why the fuck aren't our military members issued the best stuff when it's so widely available?
because it's extremely environment and season specific. They can't field 10 different camo patterns. The military needs camo that is reasonably good at multiple environments.

yet somehow they got UCP which is shitty at everything
>>
>>32342613
It's pretty good. If the area is very lush green then marpat or cadpat will do a little better. Multicam does better in fall/winter when the woods are more tan.
>>
>>32343445
How was effectiveness percentage determined in this test?
>>
>>32341079
You could make Navy digi blues look like good camo whith the potato this picture was taken with.
>>
>>32344531
Digi blues are shit camo, but I like it...
>>
>>32344021
I don't really know. The axis is labeled "rating of blending with the background" but the method is not described
http://www.hyperstealth.com/camo-improvement/
>>
File: IMG_2694.jpg (80KB, 567x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2694.jpg
80KB, 567x330px
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.