[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to conceal carry. Just bought my first handgun and holster.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: _20161214_235252.jpg (2MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
_20161214_235252.jpg
2MB, 2160x3840px
New to conceal carry. Just bought my first handgun and holster.
Is this sufficient for a trigger guard?
>>
File: _20161214_235155.jpg (2MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
_20161214_235155.jpg
2MB, 2160x3840px
>>32331256
Different angle.
>>
>>32331256
Noice pistol choice.
>>
>>32331269
Thanks. SIG spoke to me.
>>
>>32331256
No. Op, get a hard plastic holster for owb. Iwb check out holsters for your gun. Append carry I will use a soft holster specific to my xds. Get away from generic holsters. You will thank yourself.
>>
>>32331394
No OWB. Can only IWB.
>>
>>32331256
>>32331266
That holster is too small for that handgun. A properly-sized holster will fully cover the trigger and trigger guard, while leaving the magazine release exposed (to limit accidental mag ejection).
>>
>>32331821
Would a break in period help at all? I'm not sure how much give it will aquire. But it seems like it could go just a tad further if it wasn't so tight.
>>
>>32331821
This.

I wouldn't trust that especially if you carry with one in the chamber.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LIBVM1G/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have kydex, alien gear, and a Blackhawk. This leather holster is by far the best and most comfortable. It's under 40 bucks and comes with a magazine carrier, can't beat that.
>>
>>32331256
Nice gun.

Check out Aliengear holsters.
>>
File: XDS.jpg (541KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
XDS.jpg
541KB, 1080x810px
>>32331394
I have a crossbreed minituk for my xds, have been using it since august and really like it. I usually carry 230-330, depending on what im doing/wearing. It's not perfect but I do like the kydex and how it is specifically for the xds so it fits perfectly and has good retention but not too much. The front top edges of the slide show some holster wear but it's a carry gun, not a museum piece anyway. Definitely worth the $60 I paid for it.

Im going to try a couple more holsters, something like OP's, just to see if they are viable for me as an alternative for w/e reason. Nice thing about the xds is you dont have to worry about snagging the trigger on something and shooting yourself in the leg as long as you holster it without depressing the grip safety
>>
>>32331992
I chose nylon because I live in Florida. It seemed the most reasonable given a constant warm to hot climate.
>>
>>32332012
here it gets 90-100deg in the summer but with low humidity, the leather isnt ideal but I dont have any issues. only way to know if something is good for you is to try it.
>>
Looking for more opinions on this.
>>
>>32331992
i used to carry xds 4.0, i hope your xd never fails on you like it did on me twice. Would not trust my life with xd ever again.
>>
>>32331394
Thissssssss
>>
>>32334126
elaborate
>>
>>32331256
Here are some tips:
Alien gear holster(for now, upgrade if you want later)

Alien gear gun belt(for now upgrade if you want later)

Optional but strongly recommend an extra magazine carrier. If your gun jams you can just clear and insert a new mag/have a fresh mag if you ever truly need to use your gun in a defensive case.

My set up us Cross bread belt, super tuck holster, and extra magazine carrier.

Alien gear us just readily available, pretty cost efficient, and a good place to start.

The holster you have now appears to have minimal gun retention and I am willing g to bet your belt us not stiff enough to support the weight if your gun.

These are all things I had to learn on my own when I first started CCing. Alien gear wasn't around then and alot of people were using Milt Spark and Monitor holsters at the time.
>>
Some people are gonna hate me...
Most people call at the price..

But stealth gear holsters make great shit that, yes, is expensive but it's like, if all other holsters were a condom, stealthgear is like fucking raw.
It makes your holster a non-factor in the comfort of concealing and that's a big deal.

>dat breathable squishy mesh
>>
>>32331256
I find IWB to be really fucking uncomfortable but if you absolutely need it to be inside, that holster isn't a bad choice. Nothing is going to get inside the trigger guard when it's in your pants so it's fine. If your wardrobe can handle you leaving your shirt untucked try something like a Serpa just to compare. they're pretty cheap and decent quality.
>>
>>32331256
get /k/ydex op, I recommend JM Custom
>>
>>32334797
I bought Desantis. Both the belt & holster. The belt is super thick. & I can tilt the holster upside down without it falling out. I wouldn't say thickness is the issue for any of it.
>>
>>32331256
>Is this sufficient for a trigger guard?

No. Skip the cheap stuff and go for custom holsters.

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/
>>
>>32335799
Good choices. It really doesn't matter the brand as long as it's good quality.

I've heard good things about Desantis.
>>
>>32331256
Just keep your booger hook off the bang lever until bang time and you'll be fine.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.