[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i need help /k/. Are there any places in the US similar to Chicago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: meme wars.png (855KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
meme wars.png
855KB, 1000x1000px
i need help /k/. Are there any places in the US similar to Chicago where there are insane gun laws but still a large amount of crime. Is Detroit another example or is it just shitty because of chrime in general.
>>
Washington DC and the rougher Maryland suburbs.
>>
California and Jew York Shitty come to mind
>>
>>32329941
Compton and Watts in the LA area.
>>
>>32329967

New York actually has really low crime rates for a major city
>>
>>32329941
Detroit doesn't have insane gun laws. Chicago doesn't really have insane gun laws anymore. They've really loosened up in the last five years.

>>32329967
While those two do have insane gun laws, they hardly have large amounts of crime, per capita.
>>
>>32329941
lots of boston suburbs like Roxbury, Dorchester, malden, and Everett

in fact, most of boston save for the center and western suburbs are shitholes with drive bys and armed robberies all the time.

east Hartford in CT is also an absolute shithole and home of the east coast bloods.
>>
>>32330026
do you know of any cities that are in states that have lax laws like Texas and Arizona but have a high gun crime per capita?
>>
>>32330121

The entire south
>>
>>32330121
Eh, specific wards of Houston and DFW aren't that pleasant, I think?
>>
>>32330121
New Orleans, Atlanta, Kansas City, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, St Louis. All these cities have per capita homicide that's as high or higher than Chicago. I believe they're all in fairly lax states too, though I could be mistaken.
>>
>>32330286
>And even though Chicago has the most murders of any city in the country, it comes in at number five of the list of homicides per 100,000 people.

>Number 4 on that list: Sin City, Las Vegas, Nevada.

>Number 3: Washington, D.C., and what's troubling is the murder rate jumped 51 percent in a year.

>Number 2: Detroit, Michigan, the good news here: the number of murders were down year to year.

>The new Number 1 city, overtaking Detroit as the place with the highest murder rate in the country: Baltimore, Maryland, with homicides up 63 percent.
>>
>>32330006
Jew York Shity also has an over active police force and the most densely populated portion of the city is very well to do. Both are major factors to why the city has a low crime rate.
>>
>>32330476
I looked at the source of the article you cite. It seems quite flawed. It only looked at the 30 largest cities in the US, and oddly enough, completely excluded the stats for Indianapolis, Columbus, El Paso, Memphis, Nashville, Portland, Las Vegas, and Louisville as they weren't available yet.
>>
>>32330121
>h town
>a town
>st. louis, Missouri
A lot of border town barrios as well.
>>
>>32329941
Speaking as a Detroiter, the gun laws are normal and the crime rate is overblown. Not to say there isn't crime, but it's all just your usual nigger-on-nigger bullshit. Which, given our demographics, we are statistically prone to anyway.
>>
>>32329941
chicago is awesome if you're white
and dont mind the winters
>>
>>32331066
Don't forget Flint, nigga. Shit's gotten worse with the water troubles.

>Ceched
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.