[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Navy cuck here. Why don't we get Rifle training? I was kind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161019_215413.jpg (83KB, 1019x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161019_215413.jpg
83KB, 1019x768px
Navy cuck here. Why don't we get Rifle training? I was kind of excited to get a proper education but we only got handgun qualified and "familiarized" with the M500. Meaning an MA held it for us and we pulled the trigger.
>>
Because the only arm of the navy that'll ever use a gun are the navy cops busting marines for CP.
>>
>>32327589
Anyone the Navy is shooting at probably wishes they were just using Rifles.
>>
>>32327603
Roving watch on board most ships use rifles too. Why limit the people you can put on watch?

And yeah that's valid..
>>
>>32327589
When I was in they'd have dedicated boarding parties on some ships that would be basically a ancillary crew made up of different volunteers. What confused me was why they only used M-14s as their weapons, you'd think there was short supply of M-4s or even old M-16s.
>>
>>32327589
>I joined a service and job that doesn't specialize in ground combat, why don't I get ground combat training?

Because you are a cog in a machine, and you don't need the training to do your job.
>>
>>32327589
Wow, even we in the Chair Force had to qual on the M16.
>>
Blame them lowering the standards in the past few years. My dad was an aviator and they still had him shoot dam near every gun on the ship, including the M14 and M60.
>>
>>32327589
>go to range at 0500
>sit there
>sit there
>sit there
>eat at gut truck
>sit there
>sit there
>fire 30 rounds
>sit there
>sit there
>sit there
>police call then leave at 1700
Yeah, trust me, you don't want it.
>>
re-enlist in the Marine Corps in 4 years.
>>
File: 20161211_175003.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px)
20161211_175003.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>32327589
Hey, you in great lakes still? I'm still here.

It's so fucking cold. Pic related
>>
>>32328124
But in Singapore, no matter what you get 3 months of Basic Military training, prone, marksmanship and the shit.
>>
>>32328791
i thought they closed glenview

t. downers grove
>>
>>32327589
You will get rifle training, as long as you're not in engineering. When you get to your first ship, they'll get you rifle qual'd, so you'll be able to stand topside watches like topside rover. What is your rate, if I may ask? And don't give me that NOS number shit.
>>
>>32327589
Literally who would a run of the mill squid be shooting at?

MAs get decent training. Seabees get decent training. Obviously EOD, UDT, SWCC, and SEALs get good training.

The closest anyone else is ever going to get to combat is when the thai ladyboy's pimp mugs them in port.
>>
>>32328865
I don't know street names. I'm just next to the new entertainment center. Where are you at?
>>
>>32327641
They don't limit them you fucking idiot. If you're going to stand ECP watch you will receive intense rifle training.
The Navy doesn't need to waste millions training a fucking seaman cook in rifles.
If you get pulled for security you will receive the appropriate training.
>>
>>32328791
Hey, ill be there in a month or so lol
Ive been a FL boy all my life, a little scared
>>
>>32329044
Don't be scared, basic is easy. Just keep your head down, don't stand out AT ALL. Seriously, you're RDC's shouldn't even know you were ever there come graduation. Don't be first, don't be last. And shut up, seriously, shut the fuck up, unless someone is asking you a question don't open your mouth at all.
>>
File: 20161121_164749.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161121_164749.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>32329044
Enjoy the chow.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
It's INCREDIBLY cold here compared to Florida.
Make the most of it, have fun when you can and enjoy time with any friends you make, nothing you do in bootcamp matters.
It's mostly folding/storing your clothes, making your bed and trying to not fall asleep.
>>
>>32328791
whats your rate fag?
>>
>>32329015
glenview naval air station i meant

you're in the north suburbs of chicago, right?
>>
>>32329946
he is in tsc great lakes
>>
>>32329079
How do you become an officer ? Also, weak af before going into conscription, how do I strengthen up ?
>>
>>32329958
Bump

/meg/ bros pls help
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.