[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just got pic related /k/, a USP 9, and was looking to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: download (3).jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
5KB, 275x183px
So I just got pic related /k/, a USP 9, and was looking to get a cleaning kit for it. I heard that because the polygonal rifling I should be careful with the kind of kit I get. Any suggestions on what I should buy? Also any recommended after market stuff that you /k/ommandos recommend be welcome.
>>
Otis Pistol Cleaning Kit
>>
File: dishwasher.jpg (221KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
dishwasher.jpg
221KB, 900x675px
Dishwasher is fine for all plastic handgats.
>>
>>32327520
Sounds like bullshit to me
>>
File: b20.png (1MB, 1100x1350px)
b20.png
1MB, 1100x1350px
>>32327520
>aftermarket
just add a good OWB holster with these and you are good to go.
>>
>>32327520
Here is my bore cleaning routine.

1. use a short ramrod to push a small piece of paper towel through the barrel to remove debris.
2. Run a small cloth soaked in hoppe's bore cleaner back and forth down the barrel to make sure all sides get wiped with it.
3. Run a soft metal brush back and forth down the barrel to clean it.
4. Use a ramrod to push a bit of paper towel through the bore.
5. Spray a bunch of rem oil into the barrel and on a piece of paper towel.
6. Ram the piece of paper down the bore until shiny.
7. Look down bore and make sure it's shiny and satisfyingly clean.
>>
I just use a bore snake on all my guns, pistol or rifle. Including my USP9.

Hoppes, CLP, whatever, it all gets swept out with two passes with the bore snake.

I'll use a patch for hoppes application, but I only do that for old, dirty guns I buy. Once I get that initial cleaning done to my standards, I just maintain it by cleaning the bores with CLP and a snake after each range trip, no matter how many or how few rounds I fire.
>>
>>32327520
I've never heard that you need to use a different cleaning routine with polygonal rifling. It actually tends to be a bit easier to clean than traditional rifling.
>>
>>32327683

God damn that nigga wearing $1500 in clothes and that's not even including his watch and underwear
>>
>>32328450
He's a stylish guy
>>
Clean it as normal.

Good choice.
>>
>>32327709
here's my bore cleaning routine:

Step 1: Boresnake
>>
>>32328500
4 U
>>
Basic USP in .45 or USP expert in 9mm (w/ jet funnel), fuckexpensive magaines and all?

No I'm not getting the 9mm expert without the jet funnel, stop shitting on my dream.
>>
>>32328605
The expert has the better trigger.

You can get the same trigger on the .45 for $130 if you do the install yourself.

If you want to save money and don't mind a heavier DA pull, you can always get the .45acp model, then just buy the polished match sear spring, adjustable match trigger, and heavier 8lb. trigger return spring. $60 total.

I installed that combo on my USP9 and then dry fired it like 400 times with a snap cap in. The trigger break went from "meh that's kinda vague" to being right up there with my p320 and vp9. Reset is positive as fuck too. Feels good man.

But really, the answer to your question is whether you want 9mm or .45.
>>
>>32328733

>whether you want 9mm or .45

Unfortunately for me, that's the problem. I want both. I mean, I'd prefer the .45 tactical AND the 9mm expert but that's a Mark 23 + my FFL's transfer + mags + a few boxes of ammo.

I don't yet have a hammer fired 9mm and I'd like to have something more fun in that caliber than a glock. The problem with the basic .45 is that I'd pick up a threaded barrel + night sights + the match trigger kit and before you know it I've made up the price difference and don't get a jet funnel.

Whatever I do I'll probably end up with the match trigger in there. Thanks anon!
>>
>>32328554
I have bore snakes. The bore snake does not adequately remove the fouling. Sure, it gets it clean enough but it really isn't good enough for anything than more than the first pass.

You're gun is filthy disgusting and you don't even know it. I bet you don't even clean our behind your rails.
>>
>>32327520
Here's the equipment I use on my USP9c. You could get away with using a boresnake, but I prefer the following:
Gunslick 8" carbon fiber rod
Tipton Jag & Bore brush set
Nylon brush
cotton patches
Hoppes #9
CLP
needle applicator bottles
Mil-Comm TW25B grease

My USP9c wears a TLR-3 and Trijicon HD sights with the orange front. I'm still looking for an OWB holster for use at the range.
>>
>>32328992
Generally I agree but you need to be more creative. A bore snake can be used well.

When I have a pistol barrel in my hand, soak the bore snake in something like clp. Put the weight end threw and put it under your foot. Hold it down with your foot. Pull the other end tight. Now jerk it off. Lol no seriously, just run it back and forth. Works like a charm.
>>
>>32327520
Lmao no nigga just clean it like any oyher handgun barrel period. I believe glock also has polygonal rifling and shit, you ever hear someone say you need to be careful with a glock? People are so proud of how idiotproof amd resistant they are and the usp9 is an objectively stronger designed handgun. You wont fuck up shit homie.
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (20KB, 329x357px)
feelsgood.jpg
20KB, 329x357px
I clean mine with my dick.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.