[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a bit of a dumb thread but I didn't see a SQTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: zastava.jpg (228KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
zastava.jpg
228KB, 900x600px
This is a bit of a dumb thread but I didn't see a SQTDDTOT so here we go...

Why the hell is it that this little bastard feels so heavenly in the hand? I mean, it's a 250$ slavic piece of shit yet the only thing that feels as heavenly and ergonomic is my custom Les Baer 1911. What the hell?

I'm honestly considering buying one in 9mm. It's either between this or an EAA Witness I've narrowed down. Does the m70a/m88 shoot well at all? I've fallen in love with the ergonomics. Please "red pill" me on this gun...if you will.
>>
>>32318474
It's so slim, that's why. Atleast why I think so
>>
>>32318474
gun was designed with forward thinking in mind and then given to drunken slavs to manufacture. It's a fun gun, but god damn if it isn't the crudest thing short of microwaved asphalt.

My slide has fucking waves in it. And that's from a brand new zastava
>>
Because Tokarev was a bretty cool guy and decided that he was gonna copy the best JMB. Makarovs feel that way for me also OP if you like the way toks feel.
>>
I've been thinking about making an "update kit" based on the new zastavas. How fucked would I be if I turned out a new tempered titanium slide for a pistol?
>>
>>32318474
I love my m70a, and shooting the thing in 9mm is a dream. I have since bought other guns specifically to use as carry pieces, and yet I find myself going back to the tok clone again and again. It has some rough manufacturing edges but nothing that seems to affect performance at all.
>>
I love toks, but they're a project gun from the start. The one I bought have loads of negative trigger engagement.
>>
>>32318474
I enjoy my M57. The slimness plus the heft of being an all steel pistol makes for a very pleasant gun to shoot. Also as another anon said they are fun projects if you fancy a bit of tinkering.
>>
>>32319694
I mean, I graduated engineering school but I don't know a lick about taking apart and modifying guns. The most I think I could muster to do if I bought one is breaking off the magazine safety. It would be nice to perhaps get a trigger job on it and get some sick wooden grips if possible.
>>
>>32319930
Yeah I just polished up the trigger bar and made an extended baseplate. I have been thinking of drilling dimples into the sights and filling them with acrylic to make them a tad better.
>>
File: 9mm tok is best pistolu.webm (2MB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
9mm tok is best pistolu.webm
2MB, 1280x688px
>>32318474
>I'm honestly considering buying one in 9mm
DOO EEET
>>
What's the cheapest I should spend on a 1911 for an entry level one? I've heard from some people that RIA is a meme and not really all that good. Don't have a ton of money to spend though. 600 tops.
>>
>>32318565

Got it backwards, Browing copied tokarev
>>
will steelcore x25 consistently penetrate >2 layers of auto glass? I keep a loaded tok as my car gun
>>
Seeing how /arg/ is too busy sucking each other's dicks to acknowledge my request I'll ask here instead:

What is a good 2-point sling system for an A4gery?
>>
>>32320813
Don't buy an RIA; it's the 1911 equivalent of a monkey model. If you really want a super cheap 1911, get a Turk one instead, as the only thing wrong with those is that their factory trigger is pretty heavy.
>>
>>32318474
What's the twist on HMG's STG repros? Multiple available? I'm thinking 1:8 or even 1:7 would be best.

Please don't tell me they only do 1:9, or slower.
>>
>>32320838
It will pen level 3a armor
>>
>>32318474
if you like the ergos youre backward af. That near 90 degree angle and thin grip is not good especially with a creamy hot load like 7.62
>>
>>32318474
m88a owner here. The gun itself shoots well and look sexy looking, but i've had one ergonomics issue with it - i was getting terrible hammerbite, but i partially bobbed the hammer and now i have 0 complaints. It's suprisingly accurate for a gun it's size, have had 0 jams/malfunctions with el cheapo FMJ ammo.
pro tip: p38/p1 mags fit with very little modifications (cutting a mag catch with a dremel or file). You get +1 mag capacity, and with the longer mag and base plate you get a nice pinky rest (the originals have a cast rest).
10/10 would operate with
>>
>>32318579
That would be silly expensive and probably not work as well
>>
>>32323444
Comeonenow, don't one of you have it delivered yet?
>>
>>32320838
It all will just keep in mind the angle of the glass you are shooting through. Especially windshield glass.
>>
>>32320829
Not true. First Tokarev pistol came out in 1930. Browning died in 1926.
>>
Anyone know how long it'd take sportsmans guide to ship? I want some slavshit before christmas.
>>
>>32324558
Dieudonné Saive is the actual creator of the Hi-Power, Browning had only minimal patent involvement in its creation.
>>
File: IMG_1851.jpg (114KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1851.jpg
114KB, 800x533px
>>32318474
They feel much better with the Norc NP-17 grip. I want to combine one with a Zastava for the safety, and mill out and swap the shit sights.
>>
>>32318474
The gun is not shit. Its the best value we will see short of America going tits up and liquidating its military service pistols. This gun is the AK of pistols. Steel core surplus ammunition makes this gun the thinnest gun ever produced capable of penetrating level three A soft body armour and only three shots to penetrate ceramic trauma plate.
>>
Convince me not to get a Raging Judge Magnum.
>>
File: original.gif (1MB, 480x470px) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
1MB, 480x470px
>>32325347
Convince yourself.
>>
>>32318474
I own a M70a and I love it, fun and cheap to shoot.
>>
>>32324982
Neat.
>>
Lacks safety though. Never carry loaded.
>>
>>32318474
Okay so I know Cheaper Than Dirt is scummy as hell, but I can't seem to get a straight answer as to what they've done. Can anyone fill me in?
>>
>>32326761
The big one was they started price gouging during ammo shortages from what I'm told. I'm relatively new to the gun scene but you can't go on an old-timer forum without seeing them bitch about it
>>
>>32325375
It fires .45 Colt, .410 shotgun shells, and FUCK YOUR SHIT NIGGER .454 Casull rounds!

Someone has already made very thin moonclips that allow it to fire .45 ACP too.

It has 6 chambers instead of the 5 Judge standard.

It makes me feel alive.
>>
>>32320813
S.A.M arms from wolvarine supply, they even have a 6" slide variant
>>
>>32318474
>Based Moses Browning design simplified by one of the most accomplished Soviet engineers of the day
>For $250
>Shit
I'd tell you to kill yourself but you seem to understand that the pistol is an awesome one, despite not knowing why.

>>32326761
Gouged like a mother fucker. Like, people put orders in hours before Sandy Hook, Sandy Hook happens, CTD cancles their orders and hikes the prices like the faggots that they are. Fuck them forever.
>>
My dad gave me the norinco 9mm version of this he had lying around, haven't shot it yet. Looks like it's in good shape for being over 20 yrs old, what to expect?
>>
>>32326761
price gouging
also they pulled their ARs and whatnot after Sandy Hook, then brought them back at gouging prices
>>
File: CeMWOtkVIAE0nEz.jpg (10KB, 340x191px) Image search: [Google]
CeMWOtkVIAE0nEz.jpg
10KB, 340x191px
Bumping these
>>32323444
>>32325347
>>32327504
>>
What happens when you use blackpowder shells in a semi auto shotgun? And a pump?
>>
>>32326761
Extreme, insane price gouging after Sandy Hook. There is a very famous photo of $100 GI mags from their website. Some people might call that reaction to the market, but I call it being scummy and won't reward them with purchases.

They also canceled ordered, but not yet shipped firearms so they could relist them at way higher prices.

Shortly after, they pulled firearms sales off their site, citing a need to be responsible about guns. This was deep when Obama was really pushing for gun regulations. CTD was blantantly appealing to the fudd "you don't need an AR for hunting" demographic.

Basically pieces of shit that will fuck over their customer base at a moment's notice for short term gain.
>>
>>32318474
Because it's designed off of an earlier john Browning Colt pattern. That's why.
>>
>>32333527
It always gets me how the Tokarev was made off of the M1903 and M1911.
While the Makarov was made off the PP, just scaled up.
>>
File: 1481250602376.jpg (81KB, 610x625px) Image search: [Google]
1481250602376.jpg
81KB, 610x625px
>>32327816
wew lad, I was looking at those prices and wondering what you were smoking before I realized it was a fucking leaf store.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.